May 23, 2024, 12:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Nixsy

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:59:51 AM

I love this image and thought here would be a nice place to share it.

very childish interpretation

I am in full agreement that we need a shared and open source world and am working towards that, but trading is not inherently corrupt, your forgetting that its the system built around trading that is corruption generating. aka forcing people to use money is evil, not money itself, let alone a decentralized crypto currency.

we need to take power away from the system, this is exactly what crypto-currency does.

i expect TZM to use all technology at its disposal toward its ends.

The reference I was pointing out here was the open source and co-operative nature of p2p coins dude. I did not mean it to come across as negative.

Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:03:37 AM

i think the event is a small setback, nothing thats going to stop Zeitcoin or our intentions towards the movement

be understanding of their lack of understanding and lets work towards bettering it.

this will force us to form our own community and get directly involved in doing things

im sure you have all heard of activism before
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:09:08 AM

i think the event is a small setback, nothing thats going to stop Zeitcoin or our intentions towards the movement

be understanding of their lack of understanding and lets work towards bettering it.

this will force us to form our own community and get directly involved in doing things

That will be our official stance now Anonymousg64 what is a movement except a bunch of liked minded individuals pushing society forward in a positive capacity.

We would like to hear from any members on any Charities they feel fit within the confines of what we are trying to achieve and we will contact them to start accepting ZEIT as donations.

Stay Strong this is our movement...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:11:35 AM

We received this today from our contact we were speaking with.

Hey,

Sorry to say, the global coordinators do not like the idea of alternative currencies - they believe it is against the message of the movement and are also concerned about fraud. I can really see the idea behind getting alternative currencies going, especially from a 'transition' standpoint, but unfortunately because we are hosting the international event, they have the final say. If you want to come to ZDay or one of the after parties in order to debate its merits with people in the movement you are welcome to do that. The movement has definitely become more strict in terms of drawing lines around what can be labelled officially 'Zeitgeist' and what cannot.

Sorry again Sad

We will be attending the event to combat their stance however our new initiatives will be to start donating ZEIT to related charitable organizations that still stay within the means of the Zeitgeist Movements ideals.

Stay Tuned we don't need their movement to create our own! Once we start these initiatives we hope that they come to their senses and start to stray away from their antiquated values and start to enforce their actual beliefs which are

"The movement is loyal to a train of thought, not figures or institutions. The view held is that through the use of socially targeted research and tested understandings in science and technology, we are now able to logically arrive at societal applications that could be profoundly more effective in meeting the needs of the human population, increasing public health. There is little reason to assume war, poverty, most crime and many other monetarily-based scarcity effects common in our current model cannot be resolved over time. The range of the movement's activism and awareness campaigns extend from short to long term, with methods based explicitly on non-violent methods of communication."

It sounds an awful lot like the "global coordinators" have lost sight of what the movement is about. I believe that cryptocurrency has the ability to put people on a level playing field (within reason, of course). What I mean by that is, give me and Warren Buffet the exact same mining rig, mining on the exact same pool at the exact same Mh/s and for the exact same amount of time, then, theoretically, he and I would mine the same amount of coins. So, as far as cryptocurrency is concerned, he and I would possess the exact same amount of wealth. And, as long as cryptocurrency remains unregulated by any government or bank, then that keeps the control in the hands of the people, and out of the hands of the global elite. For now, anyway.

angryacorn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:12:43 AM

I think we should make an appeal directly to the members, correct me if my understanding is wrong, but was this a board of a few people who sat down and made a decision on behalf of the thousands of members of the movement?  
ZEITCOIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:17:01 AM

I would like to offer a 5 Million ZEIT for someone to create us an official Forum for us that we will integrate into our own website.

This will be our new movement headquarters where we can discuss how to utilize this crypto currency to benefit humanity.

This can be turned into a positive if we can demonstrate the value of a decentralized currency and how it can be used, we could change their mind. Even if TZM does not officially support us they can support our own initiatives to do with this coin what we wanted to do with them.

It is time to show this world what a group of dedicated people can do!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:19:11 AM

That will be our official stance now Anonymousg64 what is a movement except a bunch of liked minded individuals pushing society forward in a positive capacity.

We would like to hear from any members on any Charities they feel fit within the confines of what we are trying to achieve and we will contact them to start accepting ZEIT as donations.

Stay Strong this is our movement...

Every April I do a 100 mile bicycle ride in support of the American Diabetes Association. It's called Tour de Cure. I'm pretty sure the ADA doesn't deal in any cryptocurrency, but I'll do some digging.

angryacorn

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:21:21 AM

In all honesty I personally am not too phased by the news, coins like cat, penguin etc exist for no reason at all! this coin has potential a great community and a reason other than making a few bucks behind it! so some guys we dont no, who have never spoken a word to us, who dont actually no much about crypto (and probably what their movement is about) currently arn't supporting us! if they had, things would have been easier maybe, but doesn't change where the coin is going! I also have a feeling they dont represent the views of every tzm member so lets see what happens lets make contact as a community with the tzm community and lets see what their true position is, all in the mean time keep voting zeit up the lists keep buying keep mining and just keep doing what we have been doing the past few days that has made this coin so popular in such a short time. This new is motivation and those with a strong will to succeed will do so no matter what is thrown at them Smiley    
ZEITCOIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:28:51 AM

Angry Acorn +1000

I would really like to reward someone in our community the bounty for the forum!!!

We could do it ourselves but still time to spread the word share the wealth!

I would like us to have an official area to discuss how we can work together.

Funny how TZM claims not to have any official leaders however a small sect of individuals can make a decision without bringing it to their 500,000 members.

Hmm. Here we all have a voice and let's get them heard by doing what should be done with this coin!

ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
angryacorn

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

Angry Acorn +1000

I would really like to reward someone in our community the bounty for the forum!!!

Funny how TZM claims not to have any official leaders however a small sect of individuals can make a decision without bringing it to their 500,000 members.

Hmm. Here we all have a voice and let's get them heard by doing what should be done with this coin!

time to go stir things up with TZM i think "Funny how TZM claims not to have any official leaders however a small sect of individuals can make a decision without bringing it to their 500,000 members. Hmm. Here we all have a voice and let's get them heard by doing what should be done with this coin!" those 2 lines sum it up! and im going to bring that to the attention of the TZM community
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:35:13 AM

Angry Acorn +1000

I agree with you. Just knowing that that small group of people are speaking for the entire movement tells me that they have completely lost sight of what the movement is all about. Sounds an awful lot like a government to me.  Angry

BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:35:29 AM

I haven't watched any movies yet, but the idea of everyone sharing resources and all people being one is a great idea.  I realize there will never be a utopia, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.  I'm not even a John Lenon fan, but he was singing "Imagine there's no countries....."

I have also noticed some neo-nazi type attachment to TZM, though I don't know if that's by design or by coincidence.  For instance, there was even a guy in here earlier cracking some "burnt jew" jokes.  Obviously, I'm hoping those clowns are the minority and NOT the majority.

For now, count me in on continuing to support the coin.  I like the idea of cryptocurrencies in general and this one just has a lot of weight behind it! Cheesy

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
ZEITCOIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:36:05 AM

Yup welcome to the next regulated movement that will turn into an organization and then eventually a conglomerate that is TZM'S path

ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
angryacorn

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:38:22 AM

one more thing, this doesn't add up, TZM has a huge following right? yet scroll through the "official" facebook page and a lot of their posts barely rakc up 200likes, with an apparent 146k following thats not even 1%.....I have a feeling that its better that this coin takes its own direction and path because im not so sure on who or what is going on that side.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:38:39 AM

I would like to offer a 5 Million ZEIT for someone to create us an official Forum for us that we will integrate into our own website.

This will be our new movement headquarters where we can discuss how to utilize this crypto currency to benefit humanity.

This can be turned into a positive if we can demonstrate the value of a decentralized currency and how it can be used, we could change their mind. Even if TZM does not officially support us they can support our own initiatives to do with this coin what we wanted to do with them.

i dont see the point of creating our own movement if we have the same goals,

what we need is a platform to allow crowdfunding of TZM related projects and activity's
perhaps even a platform to manage chapter expenses and funding (in a manner that cannot be cheated)
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:39:33 AM

one more thing, this doesn't add up, TZM has a huge following right? yet scroll through the "official" facebook page and a lot of their posts barely rakc up 200likes, with an apparent 146k following thats not even 1%.....I have a feeling that its better that this coin takes its own direction and path because im not so sure on who or what is going on that side.

thats because people dont have that much patience, they want change now or nothing

allot of TZM supporters go dormant after a year because of the lack of actual progress or direction

they are all waiting for other people to actually do things and for Peter Joseph to start the global redesign institute

but you have to understand TZM main purpose, which is to bring awareness
ZEITCOIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:41:26 AM

Agreed here is my official Statement "ZEIT will now put aside 100 Million coins to be dispersed to the charities/organizations/movements that us as a community see fit to donate to."

Wallet will be shown soon once I decide where our communal wallet will go with balance and we will also be asking for small donations from the community after we start to run through our 100 Million

Any suggestions on how we can achieve our next steps please email me directly zeit@zeit-coin.com

ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
angryacorn

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:43:41 AM

what we need is a platform to allow crowdfunding of TZM related projects and activity's
perhaps even a platform to manage chapter expenses and funding (in a manner that cannot be cheated)

I like this idea, am i right in saying you are an active member with TZM? saw a post by you earlier that gave a hint? if so can you explain how and why a small group speaks for so many? are they elected? because if anyone can be come involved in the TZM with no government to dictate and decide who can and who cant why cant we just claim that we are a group within the TZM and we have our owns gaols that we would like to achieve etc etc. I also just dont like the whole situation with that facebook page.
slim3883

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

When are they going to start pumping Zeit?
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:47:49 AM

I like this idea, am i right in saying you are an active member with TZM? saw a post by you earlier that gave a hint? if so can you explain how and why a small group speaks for so many? are they elected? because if anyone can be come involved in the TZM with no government to dictate and decide who can and who cant why cant we just claim that we are a group within the TZM and we have our owns gaols that we would like to achieve etc etc. I also just dont like the whole situation with that facebook page.

the movement has city/town chapters with elected representatives, state/province coordinators and country coordinators to organize activism and events

its suppose to be mostly bottom up, but again, they are humans and not infallible to use their position to influence members opinions

if you really want the true picture of TZM, you have to read the Zeitgeist Orientation http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/orientation
we are not necessarily defined by those with coordinator positions, the train of thought is all that matters
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: