June 09, 2024, 09:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009213 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
fengzi52188888

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:59:55 AM

March 9th, 2014
Statement Regarding Zeitcoin
Dear Crypto Rush users,
We’d like to thank everyone for your continued support of our site. Over the last couple of days there has
been many issues regarding Zeitcoin. On March 5th 2014, Zeitcoin released a mandatory update to their
source code without informing us. We are unable to provide evidence of this as the Zeitcoin Github commit
history has been removed. After we attempted to perform this source upgrade to our daemon, the wallet
containing our funds was damaged. At this point we disabled Zeitcoin trading and withdrawing on the site
while we solved these issues. Once we got it running again, a bug was discovered that stopped withdrawals
working due to an error with transaction fees in this update. This bug went unnoticed for almost 24 hours,
while Zeitcoin trades were taking place on site. Deposits were unaffected by this issue.
Eventually the Zeitcoin developers released a patch to fix this bug, which we went to apply to our daemon.
This resulted in further wallet damage issues and prolonged downtime for Zeitcoin. Upon reinstatement of
trading and withdraws, we discovered that all transactions done during this period of time were lost,
including all internal transactions and user balance changes from trades conducted. During this state of
broken integrity, many users withdrew coins which did not belong to them, and other users lost their coins.
These issues caused major disruptions and problems, preventing us from providing a stable Zeitcoin service
to our users.
Over the last 48 hours we have eaten the costs involved with reimbursing as many affected users as
possible to fix their incorrect Zeitcoin balances. We have made contact with the developers of Zeitcoin to
request compensation, on which they have not done as of yet. We expect them to take full responsibility for
the issues caused by their incomplete software upgrades. Due to the ongoing incompetence from Zeitcoin
and it’s developers we can no longer support it, and have decided to discontinue trading effective
immediately. Withdrawals of Zeitcoin are available for people to withdraw the funds they have in their
balance. This will remaining open for the foreseeable future until all coins are cleared out.
We apologise profusely for the problems people have been experiencing over the last couple of days. We
appreciate your understanding in this matter and continued support.
Regards,
Crypto Rush

BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:09:17 AM

March 9th, 2014
Statement Regarding Zeitcoin
Dear Crypto Rush users,
We’d like to thank everyone for your continued support of our site. Over the last couple of days there has
been many issues regarding Zeitcoin. On March 5th 2014, Zeitcoin released a mandatory update to their
source code without informing us. We are unable to provide evidence of this as the Zeitcoin Github commit
history has been removed. After we attempted to perform this source upgrade to our daemon, the wallet
containing our funds was damaged. At this point we disabled Zeitcoin trading and withdrawing on the site
while we solved these issues. Once we got it running again, a bug was discovered that stopped withdrawals
working due to an error with transaction fees in this update. This bug went unnoticed for almost 24 hours,
while Zeitcoin trades were taking place on site. Deposits were unaffected by this issue.
Eventually the Zeitcoin developers released a patch to fix this bug, which we went to apply to our daemon.
This resulted in further wallet damage issues and prolonged downtime for Zeitcoin. Upon reinstatement of
trading and withdraws, we discovered that all transactions done during this period of time were lost,
including all internal transactions and user balance changes from trades conducted. During this state of
broken integrity, many users withdrew coins which did not belong to them, and other users lost their coins.
These issues caused major disruptions and problems, preventing us from providing a stable Zeitcoin service
to our users.
Over the last 48 hours we have eaten the costs involved with reimbursing as many affected users as
possible to fix their incorrect Zeitcoin balances. We have made contact with the developers of Zeitcoin to
request compensation, on which they have not done as of yet. We expect them to take full responsibility for
the issues caused by their incomplete software upgrades. Due to the ongoing incompetence from Zeitcoin
and it’s developers we can no longer support it, and have decided to discontinue trading effective
immediately. Withdrawals of Zeitcoin are available for people to withdraw the funds they have in their
balance. This will remaining open for the foreseeable future until all coins are cleared out.
We apologise profusely for the problems people have been experiencing over the last couple of days. We
appreciate your understanding in this matter and continued support.
Regards,
Crypto Rush

you're kind of late with this, read back a few pages to catch up.
coradan

Activity: 518
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:30:16 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

hitting the button as often as i can remember to.

we only need a few more active voters and we will be up in first in just a few days.

+1

Me too!

One more thing: NXT
http://www.nxt.cool
dannyel27

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:35:56 AM

Just got my bounty!
Thanks guys, you are awesome
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:40:39 AM

Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss

DaTost

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:55:33 AM

I'm also quite content with cryptorush.... over 4 million free ZEITs ;-)

I do believe we need some action soon. I hold many ZEITs and I believe in the coin, but there is hardly any interest anymore at the moment after a thrilling first week. We need a good exchange and coinwarz/coinmarketcap, whats the status there devs? We also need some PR, something to make us special. I would love a decentralized exchange build into the wallet  Roll Eyes And honestly, we need to pay MintPal to get on there asap, noone is buying at coinex.

Vote: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:58:29 AM

I do believe we need some action soon. I hold many ZEITs and I believe in the coin, but there is hardly any interest anymore at the moment after a thrilling first week. We need a good exchange and coinwarz/coinmarketcap, whats the status there devs? We also need some PR, something to make us special. I would love a decentralized exchange build into the wallet  Roll Eyes And honestly, we need to pay MintPal to get on there asap, noone is buying at coinex.

I asked Coinmarketcap with a tweet, maybe more people can do this!
14aristokrat

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:11:53 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

hitting the button as often as i can remember to.

we only need a few more active voters and we will be up in first in just a few days.
I vote for each hour Zeitcoin
coradan

Activity: 518
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:16:03 AM

I do believe we need some action soon. I hold many ZEITs and I believe in the coin, but there is hardly any interest anymore at the moment after a thrilling first week. We need a good exchange and coinwarz/coinmarketcap, whats the status there devs? We also need some PR, something to make us special. I would love a decentralized exchange build into the wallet  Roll Eyes And honestly, we need to pay MintPal to get on there asap, noone is buying at coinex.

I asked Coinmarketcap with a tweet, maybe more people can do this!

I wrote this message in their thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg5592521#msg5592521

It would be good that other people quote this message to support it!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinMKTCap

One more thing: NXT
http://www.nxt.cool
14aristokrat

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:19:35 AM

I'm probably very lucky because I got 2 times free Zeitcoin.

The first time I threw their coins for tsryptorush where that 1.1 million and 2.6 million received in return Zeitcoin

The second time was the next day decided to sell a couple of thousand Zeitcoin took clicked sell and look Exchange glitch I stepped back a couple of minutes to refresh the page and was shocked at the bill again 2.6 million Zeitcoin

I do not even know what to say what that straight Mysticism
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:34:10 AM

The first time I threw their coins for tsryptorush where that 1.1 million and 2.6 million received in return Zeitcoin

The second time was the next day decided to sell a couple of thousand Zeitcoin took clicked sell and look Exchange glitch I stepped back a couple of minutes to refresh the page and was shocked at the bill again 2.6 million Zeitcoin

Well the fact that they tried to blame the devs is what gets me. If someone besides the exchange had legit proof that I somehow ended up with their coins that were never returned I would throw them a bone, but the idea that I should give the coins back to cryptorush makes me laugh.

bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Did you guys unlock your wallet before solo mining? I have been trying to solo mine for about a day, but found no blocks, but whenever I switched for a few hours to pool mining my miners found 4 blocks... Go figure??
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:37:56 AM

I thing we have to wait.It`s only 10 days for the coin.Patiente it will be rewarded
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:44:19 AM

Did you guys unlock your wallet before solo mining? I have been trying to solo mine for about a day, but found no blocks, but whenever I switched for a few hours to pool mining my miners found 4 blocks... Go figure??
How do yo make solo mining??Can you pm me the procedure if it`s possible because i want to try me too??
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 07:46:06 AM

Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss

Well the fact that they tried to blame the devs is what gets me. If someone besides the exchange had legit proof that I somehow ended up with their coins that were never returned I would throw them a bone, but the idea that I should give the coins back to cryptorush makes me laugh.

Alright I was going to keep my mouth shut and let the zeitcoin devs say it themselves, but this has gone on long enough.  The fact that they wiped all proof from github really rubs me the wrong way. It WAS their fault, and I'm the one who told cryptorush about the problem.  Just ask DeviantTwo. I already explained it once in the thread here, but I'll explain it here one last time for good.  A few days before cryptorush shut down zeitcoin, there was a commit made to the github repository.  You can't see it now, because as he said- the zeitcoin devs went through and erased all proof of their fuck-up.  The repository only shows one commit for Zeitcoin now, but the title should tell you something: Commit - TransactionFee fixed

What they did a few days ago was to lower the limits on transaction fees for sending transactions.  Now this sounds like a good thing, and it is- but ONLY if everyone switches to this new fee structure at once.  Since this change was not officially annouced, anyone who downloaded this modified code was sending out transactions with fees that were so low that no one running the old code would accept them.  This is why cryptorush could receive deposits, but none of their withdrawals were going out.  This also means it's a MASSIVE clusterfuck to unwind the problem.  It means re-submitting all those transactions, while making sure none of them actually committed (which it seems was the case), meaning some people got double paid.

Now you might feel like you're within your rights to keep the coins you got double paid, and sure I guess you are... that's the risk of cryptocurrencies.  But if you want to keep exchanges like cryptorush in existence, then don't punish them when the devs for a coin are the ones who caused the issue to begin with.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

lee9527

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:54:28 AM

hi , i  have btc coin  widthdraw  ill.  i  dirwdraw  0.05 btc ,it didin't send to my wallert  for  4hours~~please  helpme!!
VanHammer

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:06:41 AM

Got reply from crytorush about my zero balance:

"I do appologize that you have 0 balance on your account but in this situation we have nothing that can be done any longer. We have exausted all of our own cash refunding users due to the zeitcoin bug. ZeitCoin Developers are to blame in this situation. Please refer to our official notice on our home page."

Lost: 1,910,195.65667000 ZEIT

Can someone explain me why I should blame ZeitCoins Developers instead of Cryptorush?

If I put dollars on bank account, then  bank robbed (burned, fly away to the moon) - I should blame not bank but Federal Reserve System because they are "Devs of the Dollars" - right?

How cryptorush allowed to withdraw amounts more than possible? There is not any simple database that can do 2+2 math?
bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:06:57 AM

How do yo make solo mining??Can you pm me the procedure if it`s possible because i want to try me too??

Did you create the zeitcoin.conf?

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=44843
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcconnect=192.168.1.*

Fill in your username, password, router range

Now in your .bat file. Run like this: {Don't forget to add your own miner configuration like -I 13 or whatever}

If your wallet and miner are at the same computer:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:44843 -u user -p password 

Different computer, note the wallet computers IP address; Fill in your own, as this is only an example

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://192.168.1.15:44843 -u user -p password 
toadrw

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:14:36 AM

Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss

Alright I was going to keep my mouth shut and let the zeitcoin devs say it themselves, but this has gone on long enough.  The fact that they wiped all proof from github really rubs me the wrong way. It WAS their fault, and I'm the one who told cryptorush about the problem.  Just ask DeviantTwo. I already explained it once in the thread here, but I'll explain it here one last time for good.  A few days before cryptorush shut down zeitcoin, there was a commit made to the github repository.  You can't see it now, because as he said- the zeitcoin devs went through and erased all proof of their fuck-up.  The repository only shows one commit for Zeitcoin now, but the title should tell you something: Commit - TransactionFee fixed

What they did a few days ago was to lower the limits on transaction fees for sending transactions.  Now this sounds like a good thing, and it is- but ONLY if everyone switches to this new fee structure at once.  Since this change was not officially annouced, anyone who downloaded this modified code was sending out transactions with fees that were so low that no one running the old code would accept them.  This is why cryptorush could receive deposits, but none of their withdrawals were going out.  This also means it's a MASSIVE clusterfuck to unwind the problem.  It means re-submitting all those transactions, while making sure none of them actually committed (which it seems was the case), meaning some people got double paid.

Now you might feel like you're within your rights to keep the coins you got double paid, and sure I guess you are... that's the risk of cryptocurrencies.  But if you want to keep exchanges like cryptorush in existence, then don't punish them when the devs for a coin are the ones who caused the issue to begin with.

I think the dev(s) were at fault as well, however, what did cryptorush expect?  They're slamming as many coins onto their exchange as possible a day or two after launch.  It is obvious they don't test anything (that's the way it is with 99% of the exchanges by the way) and people are wondering why they are losing coins?  The github stuff should not have been removed, but did any of the other exchanges have these issues?  How come Craptsy didn't seem to have issue?  Maybe the process should have been to halt trading while you installed a severe update (or whatever it was called) and test it rather than letting it run for 24-hours and then saying "hurr durr we better halt everyone".  I think they trust these developers a little too much to give them flawless code, it's not going to happen for these smaller coins with one or two developers.  Mistakes were made on both sides.  Only move your money to an exchange when you are actually going to trade.  Don't keep it there any longer!

Cryptorush has only been around since January 13th of this year so again what did you expect?  BTW, I have 2 million ZEIT and still mining so I'm long on the coin just not this exchange.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 08:18:41 AM

Got reply from crytorush about my zero balance:

"I do appologize that you have 0 balance on your account but in this situation we have nothing that can be done any longer. We have exausted all of our own cash refunding users due to the zeitcoin bug. ZeitCoin Developers are to blame in this situation. Please refer to our official notice on our home page."

Lost: 1,910,195.65667000 ZEIT

Can someone explain me why I should blame ZeitCoins Developers instead of Cryptorush?

If I put dollars on bank account, then  bank robbed (burned, fly away to the moon) - I should blame not bank but Federal Reserve System because they are "Devs of the Dollars" - right?

How cryptorush allowed to withdraw amounts more than possible? There is not any simple database that can do 2+2 math?

That's, because of some greedy miners. I bought 1 BTC worth zeit's at 2 satoshi, but maybe 1-2 hours after that my balance was 99.8 million zeits, instead 49.89 or something. I did write ticket to cryptorush and they fixed it, but I could just sell them for BTC/LTC or DOGE and then withdraw.

Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: