May 28, 2024, 07:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:47:10 PM

I think i have to make it again  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No, that's a great one for most of the sheep -

A young man throwing away his coin!

So many have done it already, so many more still doin' it Sad

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:48:40 PM

For fast cars we need the tires to be in great contition

Deffo NOT the kind of image that fits with the philosophy of the movement, dude.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

I think i have to make it again  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No, that's a great one for most of the sheep -

A young man throwing away his coin!

So many have done it already, so many more still doin' it Sad
Unfortunately they do Angry Angry
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:51:15 PM

Reposted from our forum

Up-cycling an Airliner!

I've just watched a documentary on UK's "Channel 4" television about a group of clever people who turned an entire Airbus A320 into interesting, valuable objects such as bird-houses from the internal ducting, lampshades from the wiring, table-lamps from the seat frames & toy-boxes from the luggage lockers - they made at least 17,000 Gbp more than the scrap value of the plane & NOT ONE piece of it ended up in a land-fill site.

Kevin's Supersized Salvage

I recommend that Zeiters try to watch this & consider it as one possible area we could show support for in the future.

angryacorn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

Reposted from our forum

Up-cycling an Airliner!

I've just watched a documentary on UK's "Channel 4" television about a group of clever people who turned an entire Airbus A320 into interesting, valuable objects such as bird-houses from the internal ducting, lampshades from the wiring, table-lamps from the seat frames & toy-boxes from the luggage lockers - they made at least 17,000 Gbp more than the scrap value of the plane & NOT ONE piece of it ended up in a land-fill site.

Kevin's Supersized Salvage

I recommend that Zeiters try to watch this & consider it as one possible area we could show support for in the future.

is it on the 4OD smart tv app? or you watch it "live"? thats actually one hell of an idea! (cogs are starting to turn) ima go on a internet browsing tangent and see what i can come up with with regards to this  Grin
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:11:19 PM

250k zeit "generated but not minted"  Huh Huh Huh Huh
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

250k suggests that the 'block' that generated it might be too big to handle.

My 10 million blocks get split to just over 5 million for minting, giving 69,000 per mint-month.

By that you must have a single-purchase block of around 18 million that isn't being auto-split.

Once the coin-control wallets are released you should consider re-structuring your blocks so that no block is much over 5 million.

Still, you SHOULD re-mint within a few hours - but with a chunk that size I can understand why you are worried.

angryacorn

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

crypto has hit a new low, I suggest everyone takes a look at the BC and WC fued that is unraveling and the disgusting excuses for human beings that exist amongst us! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.24520

I dunno guys haha i dunno
podizzle

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

My 10 million blocks get split to just over 5 million for minting, giving 69,000 per mint-month.

By that you must have a single-purchase block of around 18 million that isn't being auto-split.

Once the coin-control wallets are released you should consider re-structuring your blocks so that no block is much over 5 million.

Still, you SHOULD re-mint within a few hours - but with a chunk that size I can understand why you are worried.

i did re-mint some coins unfortunately i sent multiple transactions 20 days ago so i dont know if its from a different transaction or the one that orphaned. should i mint a seperate POS for each transaction received? anyone know?
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:49:04 PM

250k zeit "generated but not minted"  Huh Huh Huh Huh

should i mint a seperate POS for each transaction received? anyone know?

Yes, and all of this is 100x easier to manage with coin control. Also not sure you should worry about block size.

dbc7d0eafa54b78264292385f58c4cc0ecfc245f7245c19401b00cf81dad167d

Max withdrawal block from mintpal is 49999999.80 so this will likely be a common stake amount.

It's the little blocks that I prefer to recombine into larger chunks. Larger blocks of coins mint sooner and orphan a whole lot less often. Again, this micro management is virtually impossible without coin control.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:57:09 PM

crypto has hit a new low, I suggest everyone takes a look at the BC and WC fued that is unraveling and the disgusting excuses for human beings that exist amongst us! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.24520

WOW!

This place is the garden of Eden in comparison.

I feel like a need a shower after reading that crap, just in case any of it rubbed off Wink

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:00:34 PM

250k zeit "generated but not minted"  Huh Huh Huh Huh

should i mint a seperate POS for each transaction received? anyone know?

Yes, and all of this is 100x easier to manage with coin control. Also not sure you should worry about block size.

dbc7d0eafa54b78264292385f58c4cc0ecfc245f7245c19401b00cf81dad167d

Max withdrawal block from mintpal is 49999999.80 so this will likely be a common stake amount.

It's the little blocks that I prefer to recombine into larger chunks. Larger blocks of coins mint sooner and orphan a whole lot less often. Again, this micro management is virtually impossible without coin control.

From the HoboNickel Wikki

Current Opinion on Optimal Block Size

It is recommended that users find the optimal block size composition for their wallet and goals. Although the state of the HoboNickels network is always evolving and user computer equipment varies, the current state of the HoboNickels network comfortably accommodates the following block conditions:

Up to 500 blocks, no real need to combine anything, maybe check for really small blocks (dust transactions, below 1 HBN) and combine those.
    Between 500 and 1000 block, start analyzing your blocks and combine the youngest blocks into fewer blocks.
    Over 1000 blocks, you might actually see your computer or the wallets performance affected by the PoS process, there is a lot of block trying to stake. Definitely try to combine into fewer blocks.

While these are just guideline to get you started, try to find what works best for you in your situation. You might now understand why the nominal size of the block is less important than the quantity of blocks in your wallet when it comes to resource consumption. When network stake weight is relatively high, it might be useful to carry larger blocks of coin rather than smaller blocks.
Benefits of larger blocks:

Larger reward on PoS generation
    Lowers the CPU use to run stake (multiple small blocks are more difficult to process)
    Faster generation of stake (wastes less power running computers)

Benefits of smaller blocks:

Enhances network security (more hash rate devoted to PoS)
    Easier for the network to process
    Slows the rate new coins are generated

angryacorn

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

WOW!

I feel like a need a shower after reading that crap, just in case any of it rubbed off Wink

you telling me! I come back to this thread and I feel so tranquil and relaxed! its scary out there man! I wanna just stay here with you guys I think haha but on a serious note, people like him give ammunition to ppl against crypto! openly boasting about extortion! this is not africa we are civilised-ish haha (see I can say that cause im African)  Grin
atronite

Activity: 319

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:34:12 AM

WOW!

you telling me! I come back to this thread and I feel so tranquil and relaxed! its scary out there man! I wanna just stay here with you guys I think haha but on a serious note, people like him give ammunition to ppl against crypto! openly boasting about extortion! this is not africa we are civilised-ish haha (see I can say that cause im African)  Grin

It doesn't strike me as racist or insensitive to say that Africa is not civilized. It's the truth! It's African brutish behavior that is 50% responsible for all the slavery that happened in the first place (the rest of the responsibility falling on the buyers, of course)!

Anyways, MINTCOIN seems to be sane as well. We're not the only ones out there!!

So I propose an ALLIANCE foundation with all other POS developers to improve POS, and make it the algorithm to replace BITCOIN POW, POS, and all mining in general.
podizzle

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:39:48 AM

thanks for the help guys im proud to say zeitcoin is my first proof of stake coin so im learning all this for the first time. it appears i had 5 incoming transactions on 4/4/14. today i had 4 stakes accepted and 3 orphan. so i guess i only missed one real stake.
angryacorn

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:41:12 AM

WOW!

It doesn't strike me as racist or insensitive to say that Africa is not civilized. It's the truth! It's African brutish behavior that is 50% responsible for all the slavery that happened in the first place (the rest of the responsibility falling on the buyers, of course)!

Anyways, MINTCOIN seems to be sane as well. We're not the only ones out there!!

So I propose an ALLIANCE foundation with all other POS developers to improve POS, and make it the algorithm to replace BITCOIN POW, POS, and all mining in general.

we need something that will bring a few communities together and I think I stumbled across just that but it would be a big ask from many but in one of the other communities (wont say which for now) one of their original members is struggling to the point where he is homeless its been said! the dev is putting as much money as he can of his own to help him out and asked for any others who are willing to help a struggling crypto enthusiast like our selves. Iv pm'd the dev asking if he would like me to ask if anyone from other communities would like to help and im waiting for a response (im jumping the gun with this post so pls dont mention names if u are aware of the situation) but ye basically I think this would be a great opportunity to show that just as BC and WC are at war, other alt communities can pull together and help those in need. Yes its only one guy but that one guy could be your mate sleeping on the street tonyt, so ye is anyone interested at all? im helping them out and im barely invested in the coin  Smiley no pressure if you dont like and are skeptical thats cool so was I haha  
PuntoCo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:49:13 AM

Dedicatedpool Admin, binaryclock recovered my zeit.edicatedpool account, I got my coins, now I just have to wait 20 days for the POS!  Grin
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:53:54 AM

thanks for the help guys im proud to say zeitcoin is my first proof of stake coin so im learning all this for the first time. it appears i had 5 incoming transactions on 4/4/14. today i had 4 stakes accepted and 3 orphan. so i guess i only missed one real stake.

Grats man. It's fun to watch the coins pile up over time without the hassle of mining hardware to produce them. Don't worry about the orphans, any coins that did not stake will keep trying until they do and when they do you'll receive additional compensation based on coinage. It's all good. Smiley
BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:05:49 AM

WTF is going on these days?  Why is there so much fighting?
I'm all about the Zeitcoin, Dogecoin, Procoin, HTMLCoin, Lycancoin.... I'm sure there are others.  Just gonna keep getting this shiitake.

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
atronite

Activity: 319

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:10:03 AM

Grats man. It's fun to watch the coins pile up over time without the hassle of mining hardware to produce them. Don't worry about the orphans, any coins that did not stake will keep trying until they do and when they do you'll receive additional compensation based on coinage. It's all good. Smiley

Yea, but even with 25% annual interest (slightly higher if compounded every 20 days), the gain can appear insignificant with the purchasing power of these coins swinging wildly in both directions. The crypto world is looking more and more like the pink sheets for penny stocks at wall street, complete with pump and dump. Even the stocks good, solid companies that are listed on such exchanges are subject to wild swings that have nothing to do with the company itself but everything to do with hedge funds and pump/dumpers manipulating prices. Such is the way  crytocoins work.

Perhaps the IRS wasn't so far off deciding to treat crypto currencies like stocks (from a tax perspective), except that these "stocks" can be exchanged for goods and services and aren't subject to dilution at the whim of the "corporation" (the Developers) without community (stockholder/stake holder) consent.
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: