Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:14:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3712 times)
AAKODI

Activity: 205
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:15:38 AM

Bitcoin is not an investment and even it is now because of the way how each individuals have used it without knowing it is a great currency better than any other currency on out planet but for that to understand people and the world may need some time because yet Bitcoin has not been used for common transactions properly even within the crypto community and it might take several years until we use Bitcoin in such manner then we can call Bitcoin a currency   

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
mhojakho

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:23:10 AM

Yes it is, when theres money involve in such a thing, it is considered as investment. Like when you buy a house and lot, meaning  you are investing your money on it, this is just like in crypto currency, when you buy coins it can called an investment. Which you can sell when the value is arise.
CoachCarter

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:33:12 AM

Yes it is, when theres money involve in such a thing, it is considered as investment. Like when you buy a house and lot, meaning  you are investing your money on it, this is just like in crypto currency, when you buy coins it can called an investment. Which you can sell when the value is arise.

It more likely becomes a speculative investment, where there are risk and probability to make profits depending on the market.

But it was originally known as a method of payments and treat to be a digital cash.
Dinuka Sampath

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:09:20 AM

Firstly i should tell you I like very much to bitcoi.As i thing bitcoin is an investment for our future.We can get a lot of  benefits from bitcoin investment.
bling-bling

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:10:20 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

It did not start out that way. The purpose of Bitcoin was supposed to be an alternative mode of payment other than fiat. But as time passed and Bitcoin started to gain value, people saw the opportunity to gain profit from it. And so it became an asset in sort of a way. Some may not agree with this change, but it happened and I believe we should just take advantage of it.

malbterxic

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:34:19 AM

A big role in this matter is the purpose of acquiring BTC. If, for example, you bought bitcoin in order to further benefit from the sale at a higher price, then this is an investment. If you bought bitcoin for what would be with someone to pay them for a product or service, it is not an investment but a payment instrument. For example, gold is now usually an investment, but more recently, coins were minted from it and used as a payment means and then it was not an investment.

CLAID

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:17:01 PM

Agree with you even the Bitcoins build intention was to use as a currency and to help global and international trade in the process now people uses Bitcoin to gain profits by investing in it so the main purpose it was build has been failed and that is a main reason that Bitcoin will face huge problems because Bitcoin might get useless in the future if this current situation continues and people will understand Bitcoin is useless for anything   
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:29:43 PM

Yes bitcoin is an investment but he take much more time than others types of investment to see the profit from it
xiahui135

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:35:14 PM

Bitcoin is a gold like asset. Of course, the asset can be used as payment. But you only need them when you pay large amount of money.
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:36:13 PM

The expectation to profit through Bitcoin makes Bitcoin valuable as an investment tool. If volatility declines in the future, it may change. It's got to be Bitcoin is the currency.
kerzhake

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:05:29 PM

because bitcoin is a financial investment or am I wrong?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
Crypto-Addict

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:12:46 PM

Even though there are some people deny that crypto is not an investment platform, I would totally disagree to it as btc and other altcoin is an investment thing. Look, we buy token and hold it for long time or holding it expecting them to go pump and fluctuate in the near future. We invest money on it, its totally an investment platform.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:28:48 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I have always seen Bitcoin more as an investment than a currency (as a long-term investment to be more precise), and based on both definitions, BTC is clearly an investment. I think some people call it a bubble or don't see it as an investment because they haven't taken the time to learn about and don't understand it.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

You are so correct, bitcoin is a very good investment for the wisers.
mokong11

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

We can consider Bitcoin is one of the investment that we can invest our money because of the high demand and value. Bitcoin today is not just an ordinary digital money but one of the good investment platform to gain profit of our investments.
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

I like the way you just wrote it there. Is like people are afraid to say bitcoin is an investment, trying to call a spoon a spade. To me, anything worth investing in that give me a huge profit in return is an investment. I mean how do you call all those huge profits you made out of bitcoin, do you call it gift or rewards? stop the hypocrisy a call it an investment
ASHANABEY

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:54:11 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

That is true Bitcoin has truly become an investment so purchase of Bitcoin from exchanges by buyers has been done with one target on mind and that is to sell for a highest price possible after a while imagining and assuming the price will eventually increase by time and the downside of it is no one spend even a little amount during that period for anything which makes even more Bitcoin to fail as a currency and this has been continuing since the beginning no matter with what vision Bitcoin was developed by developers 
Sectedmn

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:40:08 AM

Bitcoins is similar to a medium of change which serve as forex and the funding component of it's far just the incentives of protecting bitcoins. buyers the usage of bitcoins as funding constantly get disappointed for the reason that rate is unstable it isn't a secured funding as we discover it inside the mainstream.
VeronicaStephens89

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:50:39 AM

Bitcoin is an investment, profitable investment and knowledge. You just need to take the time to learn and have a little investment. Turn Bitcoin into a million dollar business.
MosaicRack14

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

Of course it is an investment and also we need to grow up our mentality like this so that we can accept the profit as like as the loss also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: