Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3712 times)
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:00:28 PM

I know. And what do you think what we are thinking? There's a risk there were money involved. There were certain people who trust so it is completely an investment. No doubt about it.

dirisu2018 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:04:31 PM

They are both incomparable, those fiat you just mentioned do not nose dive or sky rocket to the moon in a way BTC does,their stability is crazy, if I am to pay you for 5000 dollar for your Ferrari and some seconds after the transaction, the price fell by 1000 dollars, be sincere, would you let me go with the car?
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

Bitcoin is sure an investment of the moment, every generations do have a trending investment, sure overtime BTC will be accepted globally as a form transaction, the future is brigth and alive.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:12:01 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is currently an investment, this is due to the directions it has taken, such as concentrated mining, it is difficult to mine and easier to buy Bitcoin via p2p or in an exchange. This should only change if Bitcoin is widely used as a form of payment, otherwise this scenario will continue.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:14:30 PM

I know. And what do you think what we are thinking? There's a risk there were money involved. There were certain people who trust so it is completely an investment. No doubt about it.
People keep earning and holding bitcoin believing that when the price increases, they could gain good profit which is really going to happen. Bitcoin now believe as an investment rather than using it for payment because using it now needs high volume before you complete the right amount which CH can change overtime and those who received it become profitable that time.

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:18:30 PM

Bitcoin is a valuable investment which we all believe will make all of this worth while and get enough money to cut out on a new, big house or whatever assets people are into nowadays.
lazygin006

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:18:40 PM

Bitcoin is currently being seen as an investment more than a technology, but so is everything else in this world. To be fair Bitcoin can be a very good investment that will give you good return, and quick too.
Darz299

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:19:14 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that functions as a transaction payment tool, but in reality bitcoin is used more as an investment, because most of them hoard their bitcoin to generate profits in the future, bitcoin holders do not sell bitcoin at low prices because they want huge profits so they hold their bitcoin until the market price they want only sells it and the benefits they get in trading.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

Bitcoin is unarguably an investment but the volatility is the biggest problem people have with it. If it can exhibit a level of stability like other assets, it will be a great investment.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

Bitcoin is currently being seen as an investment more than a technology, but so is everything else in this world. To be fair Bitcoin can be a very good investment that will give you good return, and quick too.
Right.Bitcoin should be treated more as a currency but most of us here are now seeing it as a good ivestment that will surely give us good returns in the future.If time will come that bitcoin will be adopted by all people and be legalized by the government itself,then using it as a currency might be very possible too.

xiahui135

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:54:08 PM

Agree. Btc is a gold like asset, it is not the right choice as a currency.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:33:05 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

It is a matter of opinion, one can either subscribe to your assertion or choose to disagree with the above statement. To someone who may use bitcoin in his/her daily business transactions will not necessarily see bitcoin as an investment tool but a digital currency and vice versa.
weeks65

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:53:19 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think that at this point you should only invest in bitcoin, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting over time, so to be able to trade successfully You must constantly monitor the evolution of the market. The price of altcoin is constantly decreasing despite bitcoin prices are recovering, so you should only invest in bitcoin.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:45:26 AM

Yeah, many people already made bitcoin as asset, and many people got profit by only holding or trading, and bitcoin could survive this long because most of the people treat bitcoin as an asset, although bitcoin supposed to be as currency, but until now it doesn't really succeed becoming a currency, so like it or not bitcoin is more famous as investment
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:48:52 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Of course bitcoin is an investment, as investors expect that it will increase in value relative to fiat currencies or other assets over a period of time. I also believe it is a store of value in case of currency depreciation.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:10:57 AM

The correct description of btc is not an investment it is a digital crypto currency, but it is well known as an investment because people will always use it for investing and they also invest on it and gain a huge profit so I believe that because of the normal use of btc which is for investing people will also called it as an investment.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:18:07 AM

Have you read Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:48:11 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

his hope in investing certainly benefits and gets rich. bitcoin can make you rich and lose because of the nature of the market that can change every time. start buying bitcoin at a low price and save the next two years to get profit doing sales when market prices rise.
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

Exactly what I do tell people during bitcoin conversation, we should be seeing bitcoin as an investment. An investment is what you buy into for a specific and expect a higher returns at a later time. The later time will not be immediately, it can last for 2,3,6 months or even years before you earning a greater returns from it.
Though there are instances where you also buy bitcoin for short trading when the opportunities comes.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

I also believe that bitcoin is a long-term investment, again I say that as a long-term investment, this makes me always optimistic that the future of bitcoin will continue to improve so I will continue to be patient looking forward to the best price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: