Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:21:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3712 times)
SWASIRI

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:06:05 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I believe that too but I think Bitcoin is a great investment option than some because it allow anyone to invest in any level because if you invest in property or share market you should have a considerable amount of money in the beginning and even to start a good business at first the initial cost would be much higher but in Bitcoin it allows to invest according to the investors financial level 
Alexander james

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:11:26 PM

Considering economics, Bitcoin isn't an investment. But considering finance, Bitcoin is an investment for sure ( apart from the function as a medium of exchange). We are working with money, so it's finance, not economics. People buy and sell Bitcoin with a view to earning profit. So it's obviously an investment. I don't know if there is anything debatable here.
Jack Ment

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

You buy Bitcoin not or using it, and after a duration, you sell it and you can incur loss or earn profit. This is the situation when Bitcoin is an investment considering finance. But if you buy Bitcoin with the purpose of using it, Bitcoin isn't an investment. In short, Bitcoin CAN be, not always, an investment.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:23:43 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Some peoples may not agree with your opinion, but that is not problem for us because everyone can think what they believe.
Bitcoin has became an investment because the value is very high in the market. In 2010, i think there were no peoples thought bitcoin as an investment.

Indeed, everyone can have their own arguments regarding crypto currencies, especially bitcoin. And based on the facts that I have faced to this day, yes bitcoin is more dominant as an asset than for other uses. The regulation in my country isn't friendly yet with bitcoin as a means of payment.

Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:40:16 PM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

It is just exactly what it has always been. More reason some set of investors always want to get in when the price is low and sell off when it is high, which is commonly termed TRADING.
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:40:58 PM

I don't know why will someone generalized that bitcoin is not investment. Haven't considered the definition of investment. The act of investing, or state of being invested.
A placement of capital in expectation of deriving income or profit from its use.
That with which anyone is invested.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Cassidyblaze55

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:07:43 PM

Anything that definitely adds value or reduces value is an investment and bitcoin is not an exception. For my own analysis, bitcoin is an investment because it gains and loses in price
cryptorelax

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:24:01 PM

Paris football club PSG has entered into a partnership agreement with the Maltese startup ChiliZ to launch a cryptocurrency that will allow football fans to receive rewards and take part in the voting.
supremacy10

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:26:04 PM

Bitcoin is an investment whether people likes it or not , just buy the dip and wait for price to jump and sell it back , you can be repeating the process
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:53:43 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

This is only the matter of point of view for some peoples. Either you think bitcoin as an investment or not, bitcoin is a currency.
When you keep your currency and not using it, it means you invest on it just like you buy USD and keep them for selling it later if the value rising.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
#davidnugroho

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:28:59 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I think BTC is a good investment and might be useful for all because I think the investment needed for the future that will come with virtual coin technology is beneficial for everyone and the country.
angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:31:42 AM

All things considered, at the present time individuals considers it as a venture and invrstment since the esteem will in the long run rise. So why not take the preferred standpoint? Regardless of how much individuals deny it, it is utilized as a shape venture to profit. For whatever length of time that the esteem changes and continues rising, individuals will utilize it for contributing to make benefit except if add up to selection happens and distinctive dealers begins to acknowledge it as a type of installment.
CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:41:14 AM

Since its inception in 2009, Bitcoin has been controversial, from whether it can "live" to whether it will replace French currency, from one extreme to the other. However, Bitcoin has grown very robustly. As technology advances and applications continue to grow, Bitcoin is being accepted by more and more people, and when we are still arguing whether it is a currency, a commodity, a commodity, or a special commodity, its other most important attribute does not really make people realize: it is a investment product.

Value-added ability: On the quality of investment products, the first is to look at value-added capabilities (bitcoin rose from a few cents to a maximum of $20,000)
Liquidity: It only takes a few minutes to exhchange bitcoin to fiat currency
Ownership cycle: As long as you keep your Bitcoin private key, even if you live for another 500 years, it is still your asset.
Investment threshold: Bitcoin can span time and territory, and there is almost no investment threshold
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:43:28 AM

Satoshi nakamato's plan for bitcoin to become the alternate medium for paying online goods or products has outweighed by number of investors in bitcoin nowadays. Since they can earn profit out of it and even made others' lives changed forever, it is then became an investment thing until today.

CrucialTechnology57

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:05:10 AM

Bitcoin is an investment and we can call it an asset like gold , silver, oil etc because it is just like all of them and it gives the same feed back which all of those give.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:30:48 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Indeed, at first BTC was created, as a means to correct deficiencies, which exist in conventional currencies. However because the amount's very limited which's only 21.000.000 pieces. Inevitably this thing makes the BTC value very speculative. Not a few investors and speculator who use it by how to invest, especially for those whose countries forbid bitcoin's to be used as a payment medium.

Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:52:37 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I believe in you because bitcoin really an investment and it is worth investing in why? just simply because you can make your money grow by just posting reading and anything to do about bitcoin.
but now I can't really say that bitcoin is an investment or worth investing in because the price of bitcoin is too low on the past few months many will look it as a read but many will see it as a opportunity, opportunity to buy a lot of bitcoins and just keep it until the price is back.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:56:16 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Bitcoin is really an investment. Like what the second definition of investment stated, it sill provide an income in the future. Investment in bitcoin requires you to take risk. The first definition explains that you purchased bitcoins and that explains you invest and you take risk regarding to that.

CeyCrypteon

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:23:04 AM

it's true that investment is buying goods now and allowing for some time while waiting for the price of the item to rise until we get big results, and I think bitcoin is also a real investment place

Bitcoin is a great investment options and I believe it is the major investing place that has the ability to make the investor rich in a short period of time when considering other investments but today due to the low price increase the situation has been changes a bit but I hope good days of Bitcoin will come sooner in the near future where many can benefit from Bitcoin with the time   
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

for me, bitcoin is an investment and also a new currency. you can save your bitcoin for a long-term, and you can make a big profit when the price is up. and you can also use bitcoin for buying something on the internet although right now, not many online stores which use bitcoin as their payment. the benefits of bitcoin as the investment is we can sell when the exchange price of bitcoin to local fiat is high and I think it's the same as gold as the investment.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: