Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3715 times)
rbindac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

Every people has an opinion. Please respect in any ideas of each other. For me, bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is an investment because you can earn from it. You can buy this in a low price and sell it if the price goes up. For me, if you can earn a profit it is called an investment.
vin22

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:13:07 AM

I agree with you in your opinion Bitcoin is an investment which is greater than that the past way of investing in goods and services, it has turn a business in this present generation because most investors has channel all there profession and assets to it and it is paying them very well more than other business do
DeluxeJR

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

Now it may be an investment. But if you look carefully In the future everyone hopes for the mass adoption. Given that, it may not be an investment but just a way of payment for purchasing goods and services.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:34:07 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Well don't worry dirisu2018, there's no arguing about bitcoin as an investment.

Though many may point out that investment was not part of the bitcoin design, it became an investment nonetheless.

In fact, bitcoin even topped Forbes and Bloomberg's list of best investment (where bloomberg named bitcoin as their worst investment a year before it topped their currency table).  Bitcoin funds even came to light in the state of Jersey and is approved by their financial services commision.

And with the continuing growth of value (inspite the month after month dips that we are witnessing), there is no mistaking that bitcoin did become an investment though the original design was simply to be a digital or electronic cash.

Let's just all hope that bitcoin continues to be a positive and potent investment and remember that even with dips it has been making, bitcoin remains the most valuable cryptocurrency of them all.
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

That is true. For me Bitcoin is an investment because as we invest in bitcoin it brings profit and loss which are the characteristics of an investment. Other people do not consider it as an investment and i respect their own opinion.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:07:15 PM

I believe that bitcoin is an investment because we are not going to risk our money or fiat in purchasing bitcoin if we do not expect something in return. As investment bitcoin brings us interest or income out of our initial investment. Just like real estate as the log aged for long time the market value becomes higher just like bitcoin the only difference is that crypto currencies is volatile it may go downwards or upwards.
InformerKin

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:12:55 PM

Exactly, buying anything is an investment. Even buying food for breakfast in an investment in your health.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Whether we like it or not, we have to admit that its true. Bitcoin indeed is more popular to be a medium of investment.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
dirisu2018 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:50:12 PM

Thanks for this input and reference Hero member, Thumbs up for your contribution.

Here is my question, what do you call a tool for investment that is used to purchase a car worth $4,000 and while you are in the process of completing the transaction for the car bought, the value of BTC depreciated a $1000 dollar.
Would the dealer of the car let you go...

BTC CAN BE A TOOL OF investment BUT It is an INVESTMENT ITSELF.
dgreat

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:05:33 PM

I agree with you on this topic. As we all know anything  you make profit from is an investment. And as a matter of fact you invest to make profits. So therefore bitcoin is an option for investment. Irrespective of what you call it, bitcoin is a good market for business.
btc_angela

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:33:28 PM

As what I have seen in the last previous years, Bitcoin has turned out to be a investment platform, specially when big money comes in and as much as we want it to like a P2P transaction without any middleman and as originally envisioned by Satoshi, the whole game has changed and it evolves to a investment platform that we are seeing today. Some of us are still using it though, (like me) to pay or bought something, but now its different, perhaps almost 80% think of it as a investment scheme already.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 08:25:45 PM

Of course bitcoin is a investment, it may be difficult now because of bear market, but cryptocurrency is a www.linkedin.com technology that is being adopted gradually, so for those who have invested including me,  the future is bright . If we don't sell out of fear,  someday, soon we will  look at our bitcoin investment and smile.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Serious Miner

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:54:34 PM

Yes, I also see Bitcoin as a coin and also as an investment. This time is the perfect time for investment. I believe that you may able to gain good return of investment once bitcoin will make a recovery in a couple of months. That means if you invest in bitcoin then you can earn huge profit in the future. So I will say that, I really believe bitcoin is an investment.
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

I agree Bitcoin is an investment.  I always pictured it as that.  Its very easy to liquidate it and you can liquidate it for other things than fiat.  I have bought server space and other items with this investment. 
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:07:30 PM

Question: Do you consider a currency to also be an investment? If I suddenly buy a bunch of British Pounds because I think they'll go up, would you consider that an investment?

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:12:47 PM

yes bitcoin is an investment
investors speculate about the price of bitcoin in the future
like or not bitcoin will always be an investment

ZAROBLYATOR

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:29:37 PM

I agree with you. And most investors use BTC and other cryptocurrencies as the investment instrument. People don't use digital money, but just hold them and waiting for better price. One day BTC can become currency, but not right now!
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Whatever happens now, I still consider bitcoin as an investment. Because I believe, bitcoin will provide benefits in the future
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:54:16 PM

then US dollar is also an investment.

i'll tell you why. where i live the value of local currency is dropping so there are many who are now buying USD to stay ahead of the inflation that is going on. in fact they are investing in USD. and what they are doing matches the description you posted here, they will sell it in the future to get a huge profit.

but it doesn't make USD an investment. US dollar is still a currency no matter what you do with it.
the same thing is true about bitcoin. bitcoin is a currency by nature even if majority are using it as an investment.

Why are you saying that it doesn't make USD an investment, a lot of people in the world are doing what you've described - buying USD because their local currency is dropping, which can be called "hedging". Nothing is created to be an investment, investing happens spontaneously when people think that they can get profit. Bitcoin is and always be a currency from technical point of view, there shouldn't be any debates here, but economically it's most common use-case is investing for now. At some point in the future this will change, because volatility can't last forever, and at that point it will truly become currency in every sense.

But this debate is kinda pointless, because it doesn't matter how people define it, you can always use it however you want, the protocol doesn't care or even know about it.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:58:53 PM

Not many would disagree that bitcoin is an investment but it still carries its designed function as a means of payment.
As above anything can be turned into an investment.
It really does come down to supply and demand,
something which plays right into bitcoin status of limited supply and increasing demand.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: