Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market?  (Read 4454 times)
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:13:13 PM

I think it's better if you check the other coins because many coins right now have been raising its price.
Look at this list of gainers https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/
So, don't focus on a single coin because not all coins are always the same price movement. Since bitcoin is supported and has strong resistance at $6k price that I think it's a good opportunity to buy bitcoin and wait for bitcoin price to rise again to make a profit.
Don't focus to USD-BTC or USD-Altcoin try to multiple gains by BTC/altcoin or Altcoin to BTC to maximize your profit.
This is a very good strategy and I guess everyone must be following the positive market rather than negative one because that one will bring only thoughts which are not worth anything. We can trade in the bear market too. Recently I have read a great article on the forum only where I came to know different mistakes that people do and how that can be overcome with our own techniques and thus make things look better. This article states that in the bear market also you can have the same swing trades as you would in the bull market because in any of those you always get to see little ups and downs.

If everybody quits trading, the market will fall critically. A lot of guys who deal with altcoins and Bitcoin manage to earn the money now. The simply know well the mechanisms of the day trading and use them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptouser

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:21:34 PM

the best option is to wait. in your case nothing more to do remains. but you can also change your coins that have made a profit, on those coins that have fallen dramatically.

Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:27:30 PM

20k can be basically in case you inquire us along with I do think you can create a lot of cash using this sort of portions. You must genuinely entire spend the idea throughout they bitcoin you can create earnings definitely. I do think while using halving inward and purchasing appropriate anyone can create quite a bit involving earnings.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:33:27 PM

If you had a goal to fix the profit, then there would be no question, it seems you have a goal designed for the long term, so you can only wait
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:43:00 PM

If you think you lose more than you earn then you can stop and wait at least until the market is more stable but fyi this kind is situation is also fun for trading because if you take advantage of the bounce then it's a good profit with short time frame, you just need to identify the support and resistance zone.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 03:57:10 PM

The bearish nature of the market does not mean that one should stop trading. The market is a dynamic one and therefore, has the tendency to fall at some points. Even with the bearishness, some skilled trader are still making money off trading. The thing here, is to get your trading strategy right.

tothanhtuan

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

I do not expect you to follow the advice but would suggest you wait before you buy, we have not hit the bottom by a long way. I think you will half your capital from now till we actually hit the bottom. Good luck.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:33:03 PM

Yes, it is very good to stay away from the market when the coin price is kept decreasing which we don't know where the coin price will stop. So it is good to stay away from the market because you might lose your value if you sell them for low prices.
pkb007

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:41:41 PM

I had began trading long ago and faced huge losses within the starting of my buying and selling adventure. I failed to what to do and so determined to take a damage from trading. I analysed the market and once I felt i was confident sufficient to start buying and selling again simplest then I started out again. You could take a destroy as nicely until the marketplace conditions emerge as all right otherwise you find the bottom of the market to buy in. I think you are tired and you have to take some rest. 
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:01:13 PM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?

I believe yes. You better just start buying more but you should stay away from the market. Trading during this kind of situation might just result in uncertain losses so it is better if we'll buy and hold rather than selling.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:19:18 PM

If you think you lose more than you earn then you can stop and wait at least until the market is more stable but fyi this kind is situation is also fun for trading because if you take advantage of the bounce then it's a good profit with short time frame, you just need to identify the support and resistance zone.
You better hold it until it came into bull run.
Though the dumps we have now seems to be unusual as what we have last year which also be the reason why people started to worried and never knew what they'll do next. And it happens that they just sell their coins in low price.
lornadane

Activity: 529

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:37:19 PM

It is up to you! If you are making the profit then you will not stop trading, right? And if you keep losing in trade then you have to break for some time! Though The crypto market is now in a bad condition, but traders are making a good profit from the trade! So, the decision is in your hands.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:04:23 AM

I've actually traded before in bear markets and let me tell you, even if you are a bear, you will still have a hard time making money.

Bear markets, especially very long bear markets are never good for the markets. Even trading in 2008 stocks was very difficult for alot of people. Alot of scared money, losing liquidity, margin calls, etc.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:22:28 AM

Make the right decision in this situation, because if you make a wrong decision, you will be able to lose all your assets.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:53:38 AM

If you have no success in short trading then just focus on long term trading.
In this bear market, you will see a cheap price and that would give you the advantage to accumulate as this market will rise again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
k1ng0fBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:11:37 PM

The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
It depends on your well and the situations you are facing. If you think it is better to quit trading then you should leave this field but if you suspicious about the coming days about the price of bitcoin then you should continue because it is cryptocurrency world and anything is possible in this world. So don’t be panic and be strong to make your decisions about trading.
antisocial77

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 12:46:22 PM

take profit in bull, buy cheap in bear..keep doing that.

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

if you don't have trading skills and if you can't control the patience you have then you should not have to trade when a bear market is happening, but if you still have capital and you can use trading and have courage then you can trade and make the best use of price movements.
umar22pk

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:05:19 PM

You are right all market is almost 90% down, if we observe market then we can see a slow rise in market & then sudden dump make it red again.
I think we shouldn’t stop trading but we have to take advantage from this rise & fall like other traders who are making profit from trading.
Knabu

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

Take profits earlier, you should recognize bearish divergence in time to exit your long and flip it to short. It's not wise to trade like a permabull and always go long.

Reassess your trading strategy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: