Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market?  (Read 4454 times)
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:35:04 AM

I myself is not professional trader. the market right now is hard to make trading. best advise i can give is stay low. hold you coin.
That is not always the case with everyone. There are still people who had invested in the very start of the business when the coins had a very low cost. They have had a huge growth in their weight. Such people are still able to trade and at times of need; do trade however the case is not the same for the rest of us. We have to hodl in times of market recession and this time forbids you to trade because it results in nothing else but loss of value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:10:10 AM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
It all depends on what you are trading. For example you should not stop trading bitcoin-usd in anyway, of course try to avoid stuff like usdt and try to keep it 100% btc-usd instead of stuff like usdt-btc or whatever or if you want to keep trading on bnb pairs on binance that is still viable because the exchange is still going strong so trading for it still worth a lot.

Even trading ethereum and ripple could be advantageous these days because they are so low that buying them wouldn't hurt at these prices. However if you want to trade more unknown smaller coins that no one really cares about and has low volume than you should be careful with them.

The only possible way you profit from a low volume obscure coin is if it gets pumped and dumped and for those types of stuff I suggest putting a loss stop and a sell order so you would not get hurt by a lot if it goes down since you have a stop loss and you would profit if it goes up since you have a sell order.
ichai

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:15:43 AM

You absolutely should stop. Traders are now suffering a lot of losses because of the unpredictable market and higher transaction fees. So you should stop or switch to long term investment strategy. I often appreciate longer-term investment strategies.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:35:40 PM

not say you should. but if got no confident, better stop right here. losing spree is a downwards spiral.
Guideare

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

Wait and watch keep patience if you are not good in technical analysis, Most of the people even eran money in bear market also by shorting coin. Now a days due to FUD everyone is scared to enter in crypto.
need courage to enter market in conditions like this. but for those who dare to take risks, of course they will have a great opportunity to get a lot of money later. currently price is below, and a good opportunity to buy
If you don’t believe yourself and think that you will lose your money then you should keep yourself away from trading, but you must keep in mind that you are capable you can still make money even in this bearish situation of the market. Bitcoin price is not stable and is fluctuated about $200 to $500 daily. It is quite good profit if you can do this on daily basis.
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:27:55 PM

If you don't have the skills to trade in a bear market and still losing many trades then it is time to stop and continue learning some technics on how to make profits even during bear season. Both bear markets and bull markets represent big opportunities to make money, and the key to success is to use strategies and ideas that can generate profits under a variety of conditions. This requires consistency, discipline, focus and the ability to take advantage of fear and greed. So education that couples with actual trading is still the best way to become an skilled trader for both market situations.

Yes, the guy simply needs to get some more knowledge about trading. If he watches some good videos on trading, he will understand that he can make money even during the bearish peorids.
Volkan_Tom

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:17:28 PM

Trading in a bear market is not much different from trading in a bull market. The same methods of margin trading are used and for a good trader there is no difference whether the market is growing or falling.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:31:17 PM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?

Although it is not so conducive right now, I would say that why would you stop if you feel that you can still get some profit from it. Whether it's in the bear or bull market, it will still show some changes and gains, it may not be as big as it is on the bull market, but right now, since the market and its assets are not doing so well, having some profit is always better than not having any at all. Also, I think it's also a good opportunity to actually gain some experience while things are slower and the rater of losses can at least be mitigated.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:01:59 PM

There are some traders who are gaining profits even from this bearish market, it all depends how skilled you are in trading. A skillful trader always knows how to extract profits even the market is in bearish or in bullish. If you were gaining profits when the market was in bullish then it could be luck only as everyone knows during that all coins are going up but the real war is now that how you utilize your skills to gain from the current market.
musdafakfl

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:27:40 PM

If you feel that you have sufficient knowledge and experience to trade in the current period, I recommend that you do the transaction, but if you do not have sufficient knowledge and experience, the best advice I can give you is that you will only make purchases and direct your long term investments during this period.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:13:11 AM

to tell you frankly, your the only one who knows if you need to stop or not. It is because even if I say no, you do not want to stop it but you continue to do it but you don't have any coins to trade in ti will be useless I think. Now the present value price of bitcoin now was 6451$ while
ETH was 203$ so its up to you if you proceed or not pal.
This seems to be the right answer, each person at the end of the day needs to take the right decision for himself and it is impossible for us to know all the details about his life to make the best decision for him, but fortunately for him there is a person that knows every single detail about him and that is himself, so if he thinks his trading is getting out of control then he needs to stop and try to do something else.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:20:07 AM

Many people afraid trading in the bear market but people should buy at the current situation of the market because we will be getting them at cheap prices. Instead of panic about the market better try to learn more trading knowledge in the bear market only.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:22:38 AM

Many people afraid trading in the bear market but people should buy at the current situation of the market because we will be getting them at cheap prices. Instead of panic about the market better try to learn more trading knowledge in the bear market only.

Bear market is the good time to buy and hold it for the next bull. But as I can see, people prefer to start buying when the price is in the up trend which is for me looks a bit too late. And unfortunately, at the downtrend they are afraid to take the risk.

Gregorian

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:52:39 AM

Hi guys, I've built a web application, that tracks social-media activity ( telegram, reddit, bitcointalk, discord, ... ) of crypto-projects. It is supposed to help improve trading-decisions. The app is for free.

I would love to get some feedback on it, please let me know what you think, this is my personal mail: hayk.gregorian90@gmail

The App is called cryptorunup ( www.cryptorunup.com )  , oh this is no promotion or whatsoever !!! also: the site might be lil buggy on firefox..sry bout that

Thx guys!
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:32:56 PM

It seems like you're very upset with the price and the bear market. whether the bear market short or long, it doesn't mean that you are at the end of your way through bitcoin. up-and-down are always there, take turn to happen. So, be patient, there's always time, a good one where you can get profits a lot more.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:43:39 AM

It seems like you're very upset with the price and the bear market. whether the bear market short or long, it doesn't mean that you are at the end of your way through bitcoin. up-and-down are always there, take turn to happen. So, be patient, there's always time, a good one where you can get profits a lot more.
We dont know this condition will last ? but it would be better if you take advantage of the best possible moment when the opportunity comes to you. you're right that the price will always go up and down. and bearish doesn't mean the price will continue to falling right? sometimes the price will rise and then you should make the best use of it for profit
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:18:49 AM

Stop when you are n gaining any profit anymore. It is important that you'll know when to trade and when to stop. You should trade when the value is good enough to have a good gain. You better hold when you are not gaining anything because the market would still go back to it's normal value soon.
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:36:58 AM

Definitely defends on your time frame, if youre in it for the long term its probably best to by at these low prices but if youre looking for quick flips I wouldn't be participating with these "falling daggers".
No, I think trading is always good to continue in any market conditions but if you see that there are very little possibilities to make fine profit then you can hold all your coins for some more time in order to let stabilizes conditions with the passage of time.

However, good strategy that most of the investors follow is to buy on lowest price as much as possible that will reduce starting expenditure and then holding of these coins will lead you to bull market.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:56:55 AM

Yes, it is better to stop trading in the market because fluctuation is kept increasing in the market which makes us lose value and fluctuation are kept increasing because of Bitcoin price is not stable and this makes more fluctuating more in the market.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:07:17 AM

Without a doubt, the market is now not in the best shape. But as you said, trade is like drug addiction. I think if you really want to trade so much, you just need to adjust to the market. In another case, only hold.
This addiction is good for your future. in gambling or drug addiction you will lose your health and money both, besides trading addiction will make you rich and rich with the passage of time. In my view you should not quit trading because of the bad conditions in the market. $6400 is quite good price for bitcoin and few hundred dollars up and down can give you big profit.

Its better to hold your portfolio for sometime and not to do guess work at this market. The fluctuations are high and affecting many altcoins in the way. If you are not confident enough to trade then its better to hold yourself back until the next bullrun.
Long term investment is for those that do not know crypto trading, but a trader I think should not set idle without trading. Don’t be panic and be positive and strong to handle this bearish situation. Quitting for some time is also good but that should not be the attitude of a good trader. You must face this situation. Many traders are making money in this situation they why not you?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: