Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auroracoin - 7th Marketcap Altcoin  (Read 5459 times)
Canaanite (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:20:28 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 10:40:02 AM by Canaanite

Within a month our community managed to grow Auroracoin to a market cap of 32Million USD according to http://coinmarketcap.com/
Passing names like "Mastercoin" , "Namecoin" & "Quark"...                 Doge! you are NXT Cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can read more about Auroracoin in http://auroracoin.org/
Here is a copy and paste from the Annoucement page

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446062.0
"Auroracoin is a cryptocurrency for Iceland. 21.000.000 coins, block reward 25. It is based on litecoin and is 50% premined. The premined coins will be distributed to the entire population of Iceland, commencing on midnight 25th of March 2014.

Auroracoin is designed to break the shackles of the fiat currency financial system in Iceland.

Iceland has been hit hard by financial meltdown and inflation. Not only did the entire banking system collapse in 2008, but the monetary history of Iceland is one of inflation, devaluation and currency controls.

Auroracoin is an opportunity for Icelanders to free themselves from currency controls and government debasement of the currency.

Auroracoin is based on the Litecoin protocol. However, it is started by the “Airdrop” of premined auroracoins to the Icelandic nation, designed to reach almost every Icelander. This one-time event will create the conditions for Icelanders to start using the currency, by providing them with a start and making them aware of the currency and its possibilities. After the Airdrop, the only way to acquire auroracoins will be through mining and transacting.
"

Other posts of community members
Why Auroracoin may be the most exciting altcoin of 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475192.0

AURORA COIN an undervalued coin with great opportunity !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474757.0

Im willing to offer 0.1 AUR to people with more than 20 posts, give their opinion on the coin and who post here their wallet address
(The offer limited:)

Edit : sorry but such kind of giveaways are not allowed in the forum
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:44:37 AM

I'm very interested in seeing what will happen when it gets spread.
Has the dev commented on how the 'drop' will happen?

Interesting coin defenitely.

AYjvwovooLNR5DXokfozpf3mh4YV1ZAYU6

Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:53:37 AM

Yes, On Iceland there is a public database of its residents.
AUR is going to use it in order to make sure that only residents of Icelands can claim their birthright coins and to prevent fraud

I sent 0.1AUR to your way Smiley
Fraxinus
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:57:59 AM

Yes, On Iceland there is a public database of its residents.
AUR is going to use it in order to make sure that only residents of Icelands can claim their birthright coins and to prevent fraud

I sent 0.1AUR to your way Smiley

Received thanks, yes but how will he give the wallets? In the form of paper wallets, an email,.. ?
And i'm sure there are people who live without internet there how will they get their aurora?

Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:03:59 AM

It is going to be  in electronic way not in a paper wallet.
Baldur can give the most accurate answer but its going towards this way : People will download a wallet (computer based, or cellular based) and through our website we will validate their identity and claim.

Iceland population is only 330,000 and they all (about 95%) use the internet. so with the public relations that we are getting and our facebook campaign we try to make sure they all know that they are entitled for the free coins.
Fraxinus
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:35:28 AM

It is going to be  in electronic way not in a paper wallet.
Baldur can give the most accurate answer but its going towards this way : People will download a wallet (computer based, or cellular based) and through our website we will validate their identity and claim.

Iceland population is only 330,000 and they all (about 95%) use the internet. so with the public relations that we are getting and our facebook campaign we try to make sure they all know that they are entitled for the free coins.

Ok thanks, I wish you guys the best of luck!

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:48:52 AM

premined crap

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:00:57 AM

premined crap
The premine is the all idea! to make a coin the people will actually use rather then few guys control all of it pump it and run away with all its value.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:02:36 AM

Quote from: El Dude
premined crap
Well thanks for your valuable contribution to the discussion.

For those who have actually got something worthwhile to contribute to this conversation, whilst I have absolutely no connection to this coin whatsoever, I would like to highlight that one of its biggest plus points, as far as the residents of Iceland are concerned, is that it would allow for financial transactions outside the current, restrictive, capital controls.

Properly implemented, this coin could potentially serve as one of the most disruptive financial technologies ever. Whilst Bitcoin et al. are constantly trying to encourage global adoption and use of the technology, an altcoin specifically applicable to a small country with Iceland's financial issues, could be incredibly powerful a demonstration of cryptocurrency's capabilities.

With that in mind, however, I would still be somewhat reluctant to assert only positive an outcome as the predicted result.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
faithdealer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:59:50 PM

That'd be very impressive if it wasn't done by every cryptocurrency when they first hit the exchanges.  Roll Eyes
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

Aurora 7th is it a bug??
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:40:51 PM

Aurora 7th is it a bug??

Indeed it is not a bug, it's actually worth that much. Based on coins mined and price of coins.
Hayeee

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:01:58 PM

Wow great for you guys! But how can the 24hour volume be so low compared to the total marketcap?!
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:07:16 PM

Why would anyone not from Iceland care about this coin? Hardly a fair distribution for a Global coin.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:38:17 PM

Wow great for you guys! But how can the 24hour volume be so low compared to the total marketcap?!

Because a lot of coins are not tradeable yet... They are mined to be given to the Icelandic population
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

Why would anyone not from Iceland care about this coin? Hardly a fair distribution for a Global coin.

well 330,000 people is a lot more then 900 who hold 50% of the bitcoins
But its meant to be Icelandic coin not global coin
faithdealer

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:05:04 PM

inb4 marketcap passes $100M. In truth the volume is so low that it's possible to set it as any price as long as there's some kind of demand for it. It'll probably drop to a dollar a coin.

I have to admit that the idea is a little bit intriguing, but I just don't think that any significant number of Icelanders will actually go and collect these coins, nor that they'll be useful once they do. I'm making this assumption because I don't think that Icelanders are very different to Australians, and I know that barely any Australians would go out to get a cryptocurrency they hardly understand and can't use.

So it's a nice gimmick. And I really do hope it works. But I think speculators are going to get burned.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

Name does not make sense with being icelandic.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:43:22 PM

someone start a coin for each and every bankrupt country please  Roll Eyes

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:47:57 PM

someone do zimbabwe coin , it could actually take off there big time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: