Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you determine the price of the coin you are holding?  (Read 749 times)
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:57:19 AM

The price of cryptocurrencies basically follows the rules of demand and supply. As the coin becomes scares it becomes more valuable and hence the price increases. One common mistake most investors do is that, once they see the price of a coin  is going down, they hastily dump what they also holding which increases the supply more than the demand and further reduces the value of that particular coin. Later we try to put the blame on the team that they are not managing the project well. Let's help sustain our coins by avoiding panic selling. Its a collaborative effort.
You can’t really determine the price of any coin you are holding, but some people can move the price to any direction they want; whether up or down, and that’s what we call pump and dump but I am not in support of such things cause it’s a way whales usually use to steal from the community and it is very bad,  I will also not encourage anyone to do the same. Let just do this the normal and invest when we want without the intentions of pumping and dumping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaddive

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:34:51 AM

Many times Bitcoin investors are afraid to low price and sell Bitcoin. But this is the most important time. If you hold the bitcoin at that time then there is a lot of profit in the next. So we have to hold our coin for right time.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:38:39 AM

I agree that it depends on the demand and supply of the coin but usually i also compare it to a similiar project, i look at the competitor marketcap, the coin supply, and the progress of the project so i can roughly determine the price of the coin that i have, it has a lot of flaw but i think it's good enough to evaluate a project.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
juchin

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

The price of cryptocurrencies basically follows the rules of demand and supply. As the coin becomes scares it becomes more valuable and hence the price increases. One common mistake most investors do is that, once they see the price of a coin  is going down, they hastily dump what they also holding which increases the supply more than the demand and further reduces the value of that particular coin. Later we try to put the blame on the team that they are not managing the project well. Let's help sustain our coins by avoiding panic selling. Its a collaborative effort.

There has a general mentality of almost investors is this: buy when high price and sell when low price. It also contributes to make the downtrend last longer

Tigra3458

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:53:49 AM

unfortunately this is difficult to fix. I have, too, case panic, I still not steel. everything happens because of fear of losing though, and itoe you remain. although I also understand how this mechanism works, and many market situations are manipulations.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:06:19 AM

not all investors do that as you say, but if for new investors that lack experience and knowledge it will happen. so, before you invest you must have a plan and try analyzing the ico or altcoin. because this is related to knowledge and experience, I think you don't understand this.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:14:04 AM

The price of cryptocurrencies basically follows the rules of demand and supply. As the coin becomes scares it becomes more valuable and hence the price increases.

it is not the law of supply! it is called the supply AND demand. which means having scarce supply doesn't change anything. a coin may have only 1000 total coins and still be worth nothing!
it is the demand along with supply that can change things. with a limited supply and increasing demand (like bitcoin) the price goes up. in other words that increasing demand is important.

also the type of demand is important. if it is pure speculative demand by traders then it won't have any future but if it is real demand like bitcoin as a currency in real world then the rise will be strong and it can last.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
akosijue

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

If you ask me, if the project has an ICO, the basis would be the ICO price, if it doesn't, it would be the demand for the token and it's trading volume especially the progress of the project development. Say for example HYDRO, they didn't held any ICO but developed a unique project that when investors or crypto traders found out was interrsting and near completion, they began to buy tokens independent of the price, for other ICOs, it would most likely not follow ICO price or not, but in rare cases, it would.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:24:00 AM

It's really hard to determine the price of the coin we are holding. It depends on the emotions of the investors. Even if many are holding, but if a few dump the coin. Then matter how many investors are holding, the price will still going to fall.
pobeda

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

The price for crypto-currencies is cyclical, there are always falling - then ups. It is important to follow the project, the actions of the team - the auctions are mostly on the eve of the news. Try not to sell yourself at a loss, follow the charts for the previous months.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:50:38 PM

Honestly I can't predict anything on this market, it may go up, down sideaways or whatever and I wouldn't be shocked. I have talked about this before and I love saying this I know I have said this a million times but it is still right after a millionth saying.

Bitcoin can be valued at $4k tomorrow and we all would be sad but not shocked, no one would be like "how did this happen to bitcoin", we full on know that bitcoin can be worth $4k tomorrow and we will move on with our life. At the same sentiment bitcoin can become 8k tomorrow and we would all be really happy and jolly but no one would be shocked, no one would assume it is an anonymously, everyone would carry on with their life. That is a 100% change and no one would be shocked for neither of those prices.
Disculinair

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:56:04 PM

I think the price in the future of a certain coin is rather difficult to tell, I mean, there are a lot of options in the market and I think there is a lack of innovation and competence which is leading to the drop on the value of most of the cryptos out there.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:05:32 PM

It's actually the returns of the project that makes the price of token move. You would get no benefit from holding a dying coin. And waiting a dead coin to resurrect for 10 years is not a good idea either. The first thing we should do is choose what we are going to invest in. A good investment would never let you down.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dammytol

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:11:09 PM

No I can't I just need to be hopeful and believe that things will get better in the future so that I will be at gain
Packagetol

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:12:56 PM

No one can tell the future price of a coin and token base on the present demand on supply. Everything just happen like magic
larkscrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

Yes this is true. Instead of blaming the team, it is us who makes the situation of the market worse. It could be due to our ignorance, or to the fact that we just want to earn money quickly.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:49:56 PM

It's actually the returns of the project that makes the price of token move. You would get no benefit from holding a dying coin. And waiting a dead coin to resurrect for 10 years is not a good idea either. The first thing we should do is choose what we are going to invest in. A good investment would never let you down.
It can't be prevented. In fact that those people are holding so many funds can do whatever they want to the market. The return of the projects depends on the how much the price of token itself after it was being calculated with the how many bonus they will be received from the ico team. It's so difficult to choose the best investment.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:51:38 PM

I'm holding some bitcoin in my hand. The price of each bitcoin is 156,000,000 VND but I still can not sell. Because its price has dropped a lot compared to previous times. I am still waiting for the opportunity. I know the price of bitcoin on the market increases continuously.
ViolentBee

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:30:57 AM

This is the sole reason that why experience is needed in the market. Without this, the majority of the users blames the team and how poorly they run the project, deeming their name in the end.
Casey7

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:35:20 AM

I agree, also a lot of times big whales sell part of their coins and this people panic sell their coins and the big whales buy again cheaper than they sold, you have to be really careful when you trade, it is really hard to understand what is going on with the market. I never sell when the price is going down fast, because the price always come up.
This is very difficult to handle. This is the most common problem that make the price of any coin dump.
Panic is our enemy and all investors know this but as always we can not handle what we think of. When the price bearish then many people sell their coin and its dumping.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: