Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:14:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Bitcoin will be clawed back due to widespread theft  (Read 14475 times)
AnonyMint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:19:17 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 11:52:57 PM by AnonyMint

No one can access your wallet to return coins, EVEN IF THEY WERE STOLEN.

They can access you physically. Society can throw you in jail until you pay. Debtor's prison have started reopening again.

http://www.nestmann.com/could-the-government-force-you-to-tell-your-deepest-darkest-secrets

"The Bitcoiners [and the Cypherpunks in general] are going to totally destroy your society and your "laws"

I get pretty sick and tired of the myopic view of paranoid schizophernic Americans. There is a world outside USA you know. Population of USA: 313 Million (2012 estimate). Population of the world: ~ 7 Billion. That means the USA is 4% of the world population.

Stop spouting on about the Fed and US law, it means jack shit to bitcoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5434934#msg5434934

For example I mention there the 2013 Oxford U study that says 47% of all existing jobs will be lost to computer automation within 20 years.

You need to study history and stop talking shit. As technology evolves, new jobs get created in new industries.

You need to study history as I did, and see there is a lag time with massive unemployment as people have to readjust their skills. And this 200 year high $150 trillion debt bubble means the level of maladjustment is far greater than what we've seen in recent history.

This whole butthurt thread stems from the OP selling bitcoin for Paypal.  Cry Cry Cry

Lol.   Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491465.msg5435064#msg5435064

You rationalize away the actual threats by satisfying your ego about superiority over me. Typical low IQ beta-male chest pounding.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

*giant wall of bullshit*

For someone capable of producing giant walls of text to illustrate complex points, I find it odd that you're able to fall so flat on your face at the first logical hurdle.  Unless people are posting their addresses in public places, you'll have difficulty finding the actual person who has the coins.  Law enforcement can't do shit if there person who has the coins is in another jurisdiction.  There's no conceivable way you're ever going to force someone on the other side of the planet to give back "stolen" bitcoin unless they were directly involved in the theft and even then it would be incredibly difficult to do.  If you hide your private keys somewhere that no one can find it, there's no way to force anyone to surrender their cryptocurrency, stolen or otherwise.  The list of reasons why you're so monumentally wrong could go on for several pages.

There are several accounts on this forum that will likely find their way onto my ignore list at some point due to spouting incessant nonsense or outright FUD and you're running pretty high on the list right now.  Go cry wolf at the local looney asylum, or start talking sense, please.  I'm sure I'm not the only one getting tired of reading this shit.

Yea I agree, OP's postings are Bullshit.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

No problem. You proceed with your NWO coin. Don't complain later when your "butt hurts".

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:33:03 PM

Isn't that what governments do best.

An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications. - Lazarus Long

$52 billion annually for the NSA, CIA, FBI is not enough?
I suppose I was thinking more of the logistics of clawing back a significant portion of these coins, not the willingness of government agencies to spend money. With the number of bitcoin transactions that occur per day, can you really pinpoint how much of a user's coin was stolen from a particular theft? Sure I guess it would be possible to cherry pick some users who have a high percentage of stolen coins sitting around in an address, but to say "most bitcoin will be clawed back due to widespread theft" seems like a very bold statement.

Is this something you envision happening today or years down the road?
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:47:44 PM

Everything is traceable on the blockchain, unless it went through a mixer. Mixers are probably compromised by the NSA, and if not, this could taint all the coins coming out of the mixer, so you just proliferated the taint!

We don't even know how much theft is going on.

We don't know how much coin passed through criminal activities, thus can be confiscated due to Admirality Law.

BitCON is not the repudiation-proof system we thought it was. It is some kind of other wild, unpredictable chaos.

I don't know how big the mess will be. And I don't plan on hanging around with my life invested in Butt(hurt)coin to find out.

You are free to make your own risk assessment.

boot52

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:31:02 AM

Everything is traceable on the blockchain, unless it went through a mixer. Mixers are probably compromised by the NSA, and if not, this could taint all the coins coming out of tl he mixer, so you just proliferated the taint!

Probably true. You're right that lack of anonymity is an issue, but that's an engineering problem.  Geeks everywhere are on that like white on rice. In my view, it's only a matter of time before we have a truely anonymous coin.  So let's bury the hatchet on this thread and work together toward that goal.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:40:38 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 12:54:40 AM by AnonyMint

Everything is traceable on the blockchain, unless it went through a mixer. Mixers are probably compromised by the NSA, and if not, this could taint all the coins coming out of tl he mixer, so you just proliferated the taint!

Probably true. You're right that lack of anonymity is an issue, but that's an engineering problem.  Geeks everywhere are on that like white on rice. In my view, it's only a matter of time before we have a truely anonymous coin.  So let's bury the hatchet on this thread and work together toward that goal.

Yes, but it can't be Bitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493115.msg5437107#msg5437107
Ok so you know the address of a stolen bitcoin, now tell me how you plan to identify the person who owns the address?

There is no anonymity in Bitcoin against powerful entities:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439357.msg5355485#msg5355485

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:27:56 AM

*giant wall of bullshit*

For someone capable of producing giant walls of text to illustrate complex points, I find it odd that you're able to fall so flat on your face at the first logical hurdle.  Unless people are posting their addresses in public places, you'll have difficulty finding the actual person who has the coins.  Law enforcement can't do shit if there person who has the coins is in another jurisdiction.  There's no conceivable way you're ever going to force someone on the other side of the planet to give back "stolen" bitcoin unless they were directly involved in the theft and even then it would be incredibly difficult to do.  If you hide your private keys somewhere that no one can find it, there's no way to force anyone to surrender their cryptocurrency, stolen or otherwise.  The list of reasons why you're so monumentally wrong could go on for several pages.

There are several accounts on this forum that will likely find their way onto my ignore list at some point due to spouting incessant nonsense or outright FUD and you're running pretty high on the list right now.  Go cry wolf at the local looney asylum, or start talking sense, please.  I'm sure I'm not the only one getting tired of reading this shit.

OP isn't very bright.
That or he just doesn't understand how bitcoin works. (Probably why he tried selling with Paypal.)

Cheesy
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

"The Bitcoiners [and the Cypherpunks in general] are going to totally destroy your society and your "laws"

A BS answer to the fact that organized violence of the world government can't be maintained in a crypto world.
The cypherpunks enforce the state mafia to act more and more totalitarian, and the more totalitarian they act, the nearer is the end of a governed society.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:32:59 AM

A BS answer to the fact that organized violence of the world government can't be maintained in a crypto world.
The cypherpunks enforce the state mafia to act more and more totalitarian, and the more totalitarian they act, the nearer is the end of a governed society.

Oh I agree, Bitcoin will be part of the totalitarian outcome, and the solution will come from cyberpunks such as myself.

Readers should also see the other thread on this same topic.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:54:14 AM

long bullshit post

He appears to be saying buy Darkcoins while they're still low

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:23:57 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 06:17:15 AM by AnonyMint

long bullshit post

He appears to be saying buy Darkcoins while they're still low

Indeed those who deserve the NWO coin are lathered up in their groupthink due to salivating at the sight of multiple ZEROs following any non-zero digit.

They intellectually fail to connect the implications of whether those ZEROs will ever actually benefit them or instead an illusory trap of noisome woe and gnashing teeth.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=denver+airport+mural

AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:26:52 AM

...buy Darkcoins...

DarkCoin isn't anonymous.

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:54:42 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 07:30:44 AM by Zarathustra

Oh I agree, Bitcoin will be part of the totalitarian outcome, and the solution will come from cyberpunks such as myself.

I know, you can't read. Whoever believes that organized violence by the world government can be maintained in a crypto environment doesn't understand anything.

"Let's make the coin we want for ourselves."

Do it! Until then, Bitcoin - whether it is partly or fully anonymous - which can't be mined by the governements is doing a great job to destroy FIAT, which itself is the basis of the government and the so called society of citizens, the living cartoons of the former humans.

The bitcoin community and the governement dont know the identity of satoshi, the most famous bitcoiner. How is that possible, if bitcoin can't be used anonymously?
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:23:01 AM

I know, you can't read. Whoever believes that organized violence by the world government can be maintained in a crypto environment doesn't understand anything.

You can't read. I didn't argue otherwise.

Do it! Until then, Bitcoin - whether it is used partly or fully anonymous - which can't be mined by the governements is doing a great job to destroy FIAT, which itself is the basis of the government and the so called society of citizens, the living cartoons of the former humans.

Bitcoin is fully compromised and is fiat(-at-arms-length) already. Dumbass.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 07:26:00 AM

This is why I own a gun. You can have my bitcoin after you kill me, surgically remove my brain, hook it up to a computer, and hack out my brain wallet passcode.

Good luck.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:32:00 AM

You can't read. I didn't argue otherwise.

Do it! Until then, Bitcoin - whether it is used partly or fully anonymous - which can't be mined by the governements is doing a great job to destroy FIAT, which itself is the basis of the government and the so called society of citizens, the living cartoons of the former humans.

Bitcoin is fully compromised and is fiat(-at-arms-length) already. Dumbass.

Fiat? You are crazy. The bitcoin community and the government dont know the identity of satoshi, the most famous bitcoiner. How is that possible, if bitcoin can't be used anonymously?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:37:34 AM

I will be watching all Bitards fall into the abyss together when the mess comes to the point that
you can't find any one to buy your coins, yet you are liable for all the clawback amount.

you win the award for the most agressive FUD... congrats.

Your argument doesn't hold water, and here's why:

First, as its been stated elsewhere, clawbacks
aint gonna happen as there is legal precedent
that values accepted in good faith aren't
subject to "clawbacks"... The higher
the number of transactions, the less likely
it is.

And EVEN IF someone had to pay a "clawback", they could
just pay the coin back.  Your argument
is that clawbacks will start happening all over
the place, while bitcoin simultaneously loses all value, and
a court rules you have to pay in fiat the
previous high value of a coin. 

never gonna happen.

mannie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:56:58 AM

*OP*

And how do you think restitution of stolen bitcoins, radically dispersed around the globe, will work across multiple national borders? I doubt there will be retroactive enforcement of any cryptocurrency theft even if governments are able to work together to regulate bitcoin exchanges in the future. They will be too busy arguing over the US government defaulting on national debt, letting inflation wipe that debt away, and dealing with the worldwide recession resulting from the popping of stock, real estate and US dollar bubbles. Theft of bitcoins will be far from the priority.

Crypto will likely be treated like a hybrid currency commodity. An asset class with similarities to gold except it can be used efficiently as an exchange for goods and services.
AnonyMint (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:39:35 AM

The bitcoin community and the government dont know the identity of satoshi, the most famous bitcoiner. How is that possible, if bitcoin can't be used anonymously?

Best guess is NSA = Satoshi. Ask any insider privately. They all tell me this.

Even if that isn't true, you have no way to know if the NSA knows who Satoshi is.

Also block chain analysis seems to indicate he hasn't spent any of his Bitcoins, and who was recording IP addresses in Utah in 2009. It is 2014 now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: