Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ?  (Read 2413 times)
Blondy12

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:56:12 AM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
I don’t think that there will be an altcoin that can overtake or can beat the value of bitcoin. Altcoins prices always depends on bitcoin when it comes to prices hikes and downs and it happens all the time. Just like what happened to the market now. Everytime the price of bitcoin goes down then altcoins prices follows aswell.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theyRmose

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:57:21 AM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

so far I have not seen this, not one altcoin has been able to compete with bitcoin.
BCH's sister cousin of bitcoin only managed to touch the price of $ 5000. After that BCH fell free.
thanh2302

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:03:40 AM

There are thousands of altcoin on the market, but they always come down poorly. But that does not say anything that just has to wait in time. Altcoins caught by the sharks will be able to overcome the bitcoin if they are pumpable miraculously
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:07:34 AM

It is hard to tell, however there is nothing is impossible. In the future if someone who is able to make much more better than bitcoin then it can be replaced, or another factor is if bitcoin wont adjust itself in the future and fails to make innovation then it can be replaced. like what happened in (Yahoo and Nokia)
28days_ever

Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

While bitcoin does not allow any of the altcoins to get ahead of him. The fact that there is a dependence in the movement of prices and we see it, this is what he uses. And to break it, you need to change the market itself and improve technology.
goolesby

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

Gistcoin

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:20:54 AM

Well, talking about overtaking of the altcoins to Bitcoin is very interesting. In my opinion, Bitcoin has its first value in the crypto. So far, many altcoins that have much better and advanced technology in blockchain and smart contract than the Bitcoin. But in fact, there is no coin that has higher value than Bitcoin. So far, I don't think the BTC will be easy to overtake. But, some potential coins may have the chance around some years later likely the ETH and Bitcoin cash.

kcgk

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:22:42 AM

Any altcoin can't surpass Bitcoin. What is Bitcoin? Bitcoin is the king of the world of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is a coin that will never depreciate like gold. Bitcoin is the most valuable coin. Altcoin will never surpass bitcoin.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:23:49 AM

Bitcoin will remain on top. I used to believe that Ethereum is the only one that could overtake bitcoin in the future but now I am not quite sure if that it ever will.
bayarau

Merit: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:43:29 AM

Why not? It all depends on the technological features of the coin. Look at the success of Ethereum. After Ethereum introduced the technology of smart contracts, allowing to conduct ICO, he took the second place in the crypto-currency market. Maybe in the future there will be some other promising technology that will put its owner in the first place in the crypto industry and will become more popular than Bitcoin.
strwy09

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:47:02 AM

I think that any altcoin can surpass Bitcoin. Although Bitcoin is the leader of money, Bitcoin technology has remained unchanged and does not know how to change. Now the cryptocurrency market is constantly emerging with new coins and new technologies. Bitcoin is very Will be defeated soon, because Bitcoin does not know how to improve
gunbars

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:55:05 AM

i think it is really possible that altcoin will overtake btc. btc is first cryptocurrency and thats why it is so popular, but it will change in future, because hype will not longer be.
WindowsRepuX

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:21:25 AM

Anything can be happend in this volatile cryptomarket and I think it is not impossible but too hard. Bitcoin is too ahead from other altcoins so it will be very hard to overtake Bitcoin.
SmellsCinnamon

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:25:12 AM

No. Since ICOs depends on ethereum and the value of ethereum is really low right now. Bitcoin will still be the top coin even in the future.
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:35:19 AM

I don't think altcoint is currently able to overtake bitcoint, a strong bitcoint coint and is the top crypto money, hard to beat, but for a few years later, because we don't know what altcoint development will look like in the future.
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:47:57 AM

Not now or the years to come. If an altcoin make a difference in the market in terms of fixing the volatility of bitcoin it might happen but not that easy because theres so much to work out to outdo bitcoin. It will take yeeeaaars.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:49:36 AM

in Altcoin no one can approach the value of Bitcoin even to overtake it is impossible, because Bitcoin is the parent of all types of Altcoin and Bitcoin is king in all markets.
Nikitavoz

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:05:53 AM

It seems to me that now there are no such coins. I thought it should be Ethereum, but it suddenly stopped growing and became very unstable.
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:13:01 AM

I dont think any altcoin have a chance to overtake the value of bitcoin as of the market situation right now it is difficult to predict the total market condtion even ethereum.The value of bitcoin have reach so far so that no one altcoin can.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
andrej.safronov.1990

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

I think that no altcoin never even close to the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies and its quantity is limited not a large number, it will remain on the list as digital gold and will be the first medium of exchange familiar to us paper money.

★━━━━━━★  Z-POP DREAM ★━━━━━━★
★━GROW TALENT,CREATE STAR━★ (https://z-popdream.io/)
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:20:24 AM

Well, it is obvious this is a bear year and the bears have not taken any chances at all to let the bull have much of a say. However, the year has not ended and it is still possible we could see a spike eventually if btc gets to consolidate for a while.

Can any Altcoin hit the same value as Bitcoin? No one knows but one thing for sure is that we all know most altcoins are pretty much pumped and dumped, so such value will not last, although it is going to be rare and I am sure by then, Bitcoin would have increased hugely as well, since we can't expect it to remain stagnant anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: