Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
b1marlin

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:28:01 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

Myetherwallet is safe and easy to use, just make sure not to share to anyone your private keys.
also before giving your wallet address EX: bounties, make sure that they are sending payment that is a ERC-20 token.
the safeness depends on how you will use and take care of it.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Schwifty27

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:35:28 PM

well i think it's secure to use myetherwallet because alot of people that have altcoins recommends myetherwallet.
Taniya1901

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

I like this wallet.. It is very convenient and in terms of security I have no complaints about it. The main thing is not to keep the secret key on the computer..
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:56:35 PM

It is a safe way of storing your Ethereum based tokens.
MyEtherWallet is not technically a wallet, but you can create an address on their platform, and access it on any Ethereum wallet.
blazingjay

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

Yes, MEW is easy to use and secure. Been using it for months.
Raidal

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 05:01:16 PM

So far I've used myetherwallet to store all of my crypto currency coins. I feel very safe using myetherwallet. The most important thing in using a wallet, we must understand the security procedures offered by the wallet and apply it carefully. We can also protect by not carelessly storing our wallet keys, securing emails that are connected to the wallet, and of course updating security regularly. All this must be done carefully so that no one will hack into our wallet.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:05:36 PM

Everyone uses this purse, but since there are so many hacks, it is better not to use a private key to enter. There is an Metamask application, it will protect your wallet and all your transactions.
evichi

Activity: 1190
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

A number of points need to be observed to enhance the security of MEW. If some of these precautionary measures are kept, in my opinion, my ether wallet can be safe to use.
1.   Your private keys need to be kept offline to ensure no access to it. If possible, write it down and keep in safe location, or ensure no one have access to it, unless the person you confide in. Anyone with access to your private keys, can gain access to your wallet.
2.   Ensure the computer or the system you are using is not a public computer, also make sure anyone using the computer  do not have acess to the wallet password/keys. Be careful the websites you visit as the some of the sites  you visit as some of them may have worms or other malicious programmes that could steal wallet information.
3.   Use Metamask to improve the security of the wallet. Metamask also recognizes malicious websites when visited and enables you to escape visiting bad websites.
When the above points, among other points, are adhered to, MEW, in my opinion, is safe  is safe to be used.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:59:51 PM

If you are a beginner and are afraid to compromise your wallet, then I would recommend you download  the wallet Mycrypto. In its design it looks like a MyEtherwallet, but it will protect you from phishing.
Tayata2005

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:05:43 PM

Its OK to use but you have to be careful it's one wallet I have heard so much hack about, make sure you don't share your PK and don't store it with the regular email you use to make registrations for crypto related platforms. Alsoake sure you are signing into the right myetherwallet website
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:08:57 PM

Hi, You have received good comments to use myetherwallet(MEW). I am using it and I have a good experience. I started using it thanks to this post.
Your First MyEtherWallet

I hope it's useful!  Wink

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:30:10 PM

myetherwallet Is one of the safest paper wallet out there along with mycrypto however, there are precautions to be taken in order to be safe. One of which is to never disclose your private keys and you can use metamask web extension for safe sending and receiving of tokens.

Join DeStream ICO: https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:34:46 PM

I think that as long as we are more careful in using MEW, it is still secure. So far, I'm still using this wallet to store my ERC-20 based coins and tokens. So far, MEW is still my preference because it is easy to use and instant. I know that it has been hacked for some MEW at that time. but, it can be good experience for us.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:40:54 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

Wallet is good and easy to use. it can handle and store every erc-20 tokens.
but if you will ask the Qeustion if it is secure? it will depend in you.
how will you have the account and handle the security?
the private key is one of the most important in any wallet if you will not save it in the right place you might loose it.
if you will share it to others your dead.
davcro22

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:47:30 PM

If you follow all the safety rules, then this wallet is quite reliable. The most important thing is not to go to phishing sites.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:56:22 PM

It is easy and a secure wallet if you ask me. I have use it since day 1 i start my journey on cryptocurrency, and never failed me once. There are things you can make sure to give you the best security you can get on MEW though, which are :
1. Bookmark the MEW official web. If you need to go there, open link from your bookmark page.
2. Secure your key or any data related to the address in an USB device and keep it offline.
3. Write down and make a paper wallet for a backup.
4. Only open your wallet in your personal devices.
5. Last thing, do not ever tell someone the credentials of your wallet, or carelessly put it on a vulnerable places.
Allenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

I trust this wallet because I have heard a lot of good reviews about it and some of my friends are using it right now and they don’t see any bad sides.

iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:05:34 PM

Myetherwallet is pretty secure if used in a proper way. But we people can't really go through the whole security arrangement while opening the wallet everytime. Sometimes it is phishing site, sometimes it is license problem, sometimes dos attack etc etc. You can use Metamask or MIst as a safer alternative. You can install a Google Chrome plugin, called EtherAddressLookup, which will warn you if you open a wrong website.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:07:14 PM

In 99% of the cases where the MEW was hacked, the user had mistakenly clicked on a wrong (but similar looking) url, and fell in to the trap. So please bookmark the official MEW page if you are using it regularly.
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:08:36 PM

Yes, he is one of the most friendly wallets for this type of coin I think. Overall, I think his security level is pretty good too. So, for starters, I think it's an ideal job. For a safer wallets I think it's better to use a hardware wallet.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: