Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:12:15 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

Yes, it is highly recommended and very easy to use. Just make sure you use a clean machine, that the address is correct and take some time to read the warnings.

catok broek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

based on my experience using MEW ERC-20 is an experience using a wallet that is very easy to use.
and also a high level of security, but be careful with pirated sites that are circulating, because it is very similar to the original to deceive victims and loot the entire contents of the wallet by irresponsible people.
JohnsonJesse

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:00:19 PM

Yes. I think that it really is secure to use Myetherwallet. It is very secure, and one of the safest out there, and highly recommendable too. If you are not so sure of it anyways, you can chose to make use of any of the hardware wallets that are available. But really, you are just good with Myetherwallet. Don't just permit untrusted ads and what what on your browser, and never share your login info.
NoRiskNoSuccess

Activity: 308
Merit: 40

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:04:21 PM

Until now it is still safe to use myetherwallet to store ethereum or tokens. As long as we keep the private key in a safe place and don't forget. And don't be fooled by phishing sites so our wallets are still safe. I also use Meta Cert or MetaMAsk.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:19:54 PM

Yes, it will be safe. But everything must have a risk. Save your own private key and don't share to your friend or other. You must keep your own private key.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
HansakaMadushan

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:44:15 AM

The greatest danger of such site is tied in with phishing, otherwise known as specifically to a comparable site which take after the same as MEW and get your private keys effectively, its simple not to get misled by basically see the url, however its diverse story in the event that some individual as of now approached your system, or key press which wouldn't have any manufacturing plant of security any longer
memyselfandi

Activity: 573

Futurov

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:49:13 AM

There are some issues now and questioning the safetyness of myetherwallet. Some news focus about the hacking of account wallet and stealing all the holdings in myetherwallet. This bothers me because the issues is still unresolve that is why I still feel safe about my holdings in myetherwallet.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:54:23 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

Yes, it is highly recommended and very easy to use. Just make sure you use a clean machine, that the address is correct and take some time to read the warnings.
Make sure that it is the legit site for myetherwallet because sometimes it is not. Read before doing so. This wallet is mostly recommended and secure for smart contract. Be careful where you keep your private key and do not share it to everyone. It is advisable to use hardware wallet where to keep your coins.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 05:57:31 AM

Yes it is safe if you use mew on a web browser without extensions. But i advice you to use metamask, you can create eth address on metamask easily. I think it is safer than mew and also you can use metamask and mew together.
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:36:38 AM

Don't be afraid to use MyEtherWallet. It is a secure wallet that is used by millions of people. The spread of the use of cryptocurrencies is stopped by computer illiteracy and people's fear of something new. Therefore, we need to explain as much as possible to other people the basic knowledge on the use of cryptocurrency.
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:38:21 AM

MEW is safe to use. Just make sure that you safeguard your private keys and store only funds that you immediately need access to. Create multiple wallets as well.
Long term storage should be on a hardware wallet like Ledger.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

Using MyEtherWallet is way easier and it is much more secured than the other wallets we all know. It's also good for transactions and such since it is already being used by the people who uses cryptocurrency around the globe. And of course there is MetaMask that's way also good than the other existing wallets right now.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Enochian

Activity: 327
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:45:29 AM

After MEW using today I load a local version from MyCrypto (part of same development team that made own project in the Jan '18) and I'm glad now. I don't afraid any phishing sites or other DNS errors. Metamask not bad but my experience tell me about some unfriendly useк interface. I understood it after several instructions
Psynthax

Activity: 2352
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:48:54 AM

Using MyEtherWallet is way easier and it is much more secured than the other wallets we all know. It's also good for transactions and such since it is already being used by the people who uses cryptocurrency around the globe. And of course there is MetaMask that's way also good than the other existing wallets right now.
"more secured than the other wallets we all"
well can you explain to me why there's so many people got stolen there money while they are using MEW that allow you to direct login with privkey which is very dangerous and why the last time i see MEW got dns hacked.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Yes , it is very secure to use MyEtherWallet , there are many people who are using it .
Now there are so many fraud sites like MyEtherWallet, you should bookmark it to make sure you access the right website.  
Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

Yes it higly recomended, but you must be carefull if you have finished create new wallet.
backup your privatekey, json file.
First, if you want to use myetherwallet make sure that the original website, there is too much duplicate of myetherwallet website.
second, keep your gadget / computer clean from viruses.
its highly recomended to create new wallet
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 09:00:03 AM

I have used MyEtherWallet for two years now without experiencing any insecurity. Being cautious is very paramount here, always check the url to see you are not redirected to another phishing site. Never follow an unknown link that leads to MyEtherWallet.
Remember, MyEtherWallet do not have the address of any wallet holder, hence avoid emails that claim they're coming from MyEtherWallet.

LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

So far I use myetherwallet to store all of my crypto currency coins. So far I feel safe and include easy to use. In my opinion, whether or not the use of myetherwallet is safe or not depends on us as the owner. If we will all the procedures and all the facilities provided by myetherwallet then we may not affect hacking. Besides that we also have to make sure that we are connected with our e-mail. And our e-mail is not connected to someone else's e-mail because it can be very dangerous. Lastly, I was advised to always update the password that we made so the hacker could not track or guess our password.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:15:41 AM

I don't have any problem using MEW and I thank God for not becoming a victim of hacking ever since I used this wallet way back May 2017 up until today. Security depends on the team members indeed but we also have to keep in mind that we also have our own responsibility on how protected are we when using those devices while making blockchain transactions? I mean, are your devices cleared and protected enough with those malwares and viruses? Are you saving the website as bookmark to your device to avoid phishing sites? Are you saving your private keys to your devices? Answer these questions first and always do your own research on how you can protect yourself from those hackers.
maunbot

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

yes, all this time I use myetherwallet there has never been a problem, and it's safe. as long as you save privatekey then everything will be safe, because privatekey is very important.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: