Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
TranPi16

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:18:06 PM

The MEW is used to store Token Tokens in the ERC standard 20, so far I still use it, it is quite safe if people know how to use and use smart. and I will still use it.
travelhelperio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Helper

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
MyEtherWallet is very secure ad easy to use, Follow few security steps recommended by https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and keep private keys secure offline, must write down on paper.
Always check correct URL Before use   https://www.myetherwallet.com/

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5028

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:10:24 PM

There is so much fail in this thread the entire thing needs to be deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4I0S3W8PHA

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:13:29 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

I used MyEtherwallet and until now it is my main day-to-day transaction wallet. So far (crossfingers) it is a trustworthy wallet for my crypto holdings. I add on top of it Metamask for more added security. I think MEW is secure as long as you hold your credentials privately.
thienthankt1

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:22:55 PM

I have been using MEW for a year now and have not had any losses from it. You must store your important information in a safe place. Do not share any information about your password, private key or keystore. And you have to pay attention to the right page https://www.myetherwallet.com. Since I know there are many fake sites like mew's site.
Nunii

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

Yeah, I say why not. Been using myetherwallet. It's pretty handy and easy to use plus it's free. Although there were times when issues or bugs come that users started to panick. But overall it is recommended. However, when using it, be careful of the sites that you visit especially phishing ones. There are a lot of scammers using this tactic which will allow them to access your wallet and take your funds out in a blink of an eye. Just do not trust anybody when signing up to any site. Also, there's a security check and guide on the site, you can navigate and familiarize yourself.
Bitvinu12

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 02:42:39 PM

I think myetherwallet is best ERC 20 Compatible wallet. But i saw some peoples are say its not secure due to phishing attack and lossing Privatekey never recover or change it.

🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪  𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!
http://alcedoplatform.com
Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:01:28 PM

Yes I recommend this wallet to use. In my opinion he has a simple and intuitive interface for many I think it's important. Yet this wallet provides a fairly high level of security. And this is an online wallet which means if you lose your computer you will still save your money.

coin111s

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:02:42 PM

The biggest threat of such website is all about phishing, aka directly to a similar website which resemble the same as MEW and get your private keys easily.
It is easy not to get scammed by simply notice the url, but its different story if somebody already had access to your network.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:08:54 PM

Yes, myetherwallet is fully secured wallet if you save your private key and never share it with anyone in any circumstances. Bookmark the main site of MEW and always go through that link to login your account and try to log in it with your UTC file.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:10:24 PM

Judging by the recent massive wallet hacks, none of them can be considered completely secure. I think the MEW is the most convenient and safest purse for ERC20 tokens, but only provided that you keep the private key in a safe place, enjoy additional protection 2FA, use EtherAddressLookup, anti-virus programs and don't go on phishing sites.
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:18:25 PM

myetherwallet is one of the best wallets today. but my advice if you want to login into your wallet must be carefully. and don't use the private key to sign in,but use keystore / json file.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
RohitMalhotra123

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:39:28 PM

I think my Ether Wallet is a private key. It is my main day to day transaction wallet. MY Ether Wallet is the best Wallet and it is a secure.
cr1st0f

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:41:05 PM

im using mew for long time and have no problem with it ,just need to always check address bar of browser and see that it have needed ssl , if not then you are in wrong site.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:43:40 PM

Yes, MEW is recommended wallet, this is one of the most popular and simplest wallets for ETH
Vicky624

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

Yes, very secure I have experience about this myetherwallet, I misplaced my phone but I put down the private keys to myetherwallet account, when I type the keys in another phone I was unable to asses the account. What am trying to say is that myetherwallet is very secure without your private keys and the computer u are using to open your myetherwallet account it my be difficult to asses the account.
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:58:35 PM

Certainly. It is the most secure and convenient wallet to store your tokens and ETH. I would say that it is very unsafe to use third-party wallets, which You can download from AppStore. Be vigilant, and do not believe everything that you are promised.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:00:14 PM

I believe that MEW is very secure and safe. You have to be careful what you are doing and where do you use your private key, but other than that it is perfectly safe.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

It is safe or not depends on how you use it if you are careless, for example, if you are exposed to phishing or logging on a fake website, it is certainly not safe, but if you use mew by checking the original site / login through the extension Myetherwalletqx it will always be safe
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:33:05 PM

I personally still use MEW but to save more funds I use Nano Ledger because I think it's safer than MEW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: