Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:14:29 PM

Yes if you use it wisely. you can transfer token from mew to other wallet using Offline sending it might be tricky but I think its safe!
MyEtherWallet is generally a safer wallet to use online. Make sure your password is changed once you are finished with MyEtherWallet.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:39:55 PM

yes I think, my ether wallet is very safe and a good choice as long as you can keep your keys private and not tell others, because if someone else knows then your wallet becomes unsafe

$anounimus$

Activity: 1792
Merit: 298

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

all this time I use MyEtherWallet or (MEW) it is very safe and comfortable, I can store tokens that have ERC20 type or type that is created from ethereum's smart contract, and in MEW it can also store ethereum so that it can store assets in the form of ethereum and tokens with 1 wallet, but a few cases yesterday I heard that someone was hacked, maybe they were exposed to phishing or fake web, so that their assets or wallet were hacked and stolen.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
hansbans

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:07:59 PM

Sometimes there may be problems, hacking or phishing problems can occur. But there is no problem with myetherwallet in normal time, you can use it now. It is totally secure and you can trust them Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:16:50 PM

safe, if you activate the metamask, bookmark the official link because phishing is very much and update antivirus periodically. I have been using MyEtherWallet for a year and you should be more careful because MEW is the target of theft or hack.

fina13

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:16:58 PM

Yes, I recommend you to use Myetherwallet because it's easy to use for newbies, easily accessible. but you must visit the correct website, don't let you go to the phishing website.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

Yes it is very safe to use, it is also recommended by many tokens with ERC20 contract.
But the safety of every wallet is not just defending on the website and blockchain.
it will also depend on how you will handle your own security.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

Better use hardware wallet. Or you can use Metamask it also seems more reliable. But it is better to buy the hardware, it costs $ 100 so it will be more reliable.
Ragnar Lothbrok

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:02:49 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

of course it is one of the most popular wallets, because it's easy to use, but if security is your own responsibility, because every wallet is safe but if you can't keep it (private key) you will lose your wallet (all coins) and you can not recovery your wallet (private key), so my advice on the private key from the wallet is better stored in many places (desktop, smartphone and maybe on Google Drive) so that if you lose your private key in desktop, you still have your private key on your smartphone or on Google Drive.
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:04:59 PM

Of course, this wallet is easy to use, but I don't recommend using a private key for the entrance! Use the extension in the Google Metamask or Keystore browser, then your cryptocurrency will stand secure.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:01:44 PM

I often use locally saved version of myetherwallet, especially when i need to interact with smart contracts.
That's secure enough in my opinion.
nepeso

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:13:33 AM

I am absolutely sure that using myetherwallet.com today is the safest solution for working in the crypto market. I constantly work with myetherwallet until a year of use I have had any problems. But in any case, you cannot transfer your private key to anyone.
Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:47:03 PM

Possible risks are not completely excluded. Therefore, I am not saying that this is a 100% safe method. But for me personally, for the year of work with MEW, absolutely no one arose. I am completely satisfied with all the measures and security tools proposed by the developers.
willnotwas

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:53:18 PM

Yes if you use it wisely. you can transfer token from mew to other wallet using Offline sending it might be tricky but I think its safe!
The wallet is fine to use if those steps are used inside when the investor is holding the coins or tokens.
coolon

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:59:40 PM

MyEtherWallet is in my opinion the best and most convenient wallet for erc20 tokens. As for security, I heard many people hacked, but they themselves are to blame because they visited phishing sites or sent someone a private key. I myself use it while there were no problems.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Fedots83

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:11:50 PM

I am really sure that this is the safest, most functional and reliable wallet today. Of course, if you don’t transfer your private key to anyone. As for the rest, the issues of safe and reliable work are really carefully considered here, so I don’t worry about my coins.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:15:14 PM

I used it for more than 1 year now and I did not get any problems with this walllet and i recommend this wallet because it is very safe
 Unless yoy login your account to not real website they have copy of myetherwallet and a lot of account hack. Always be careful.
ORCHIDKA

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:18:43 PM

Yes is one of most used wallet.Safety of this platform has been checked for a lot of time so you can be sure for the safety of your money and be calm.
jin_dv

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:35:29 PM

to best protect your work with MyEtherWallet you can use it :

a) Locally, that is, on your computer, without entering keys and passwords online;

b) as a cold wallet, on a computer that is not connected to the network at all.

The second option is most preferable because it provides the highest level of security. Of course, the use of a cold or local wallet does not eliminate the need to install anti-viruses, and maintain a neat lifestyle on the Internet as a whole.
ediloverose

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:43:49 PM

I think using Myetherwallet is safe. and my experience is very easy to use myetherwallet. but please bookmark the official website to prevent you from entering the phishing web.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: