Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:34:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:49:28 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

MyEtherWallet (MEW) is a very common e-wallet used by investors as well as bounty participants. So you can safely use it without worrying about any risks. On how to use it, it is easy to find on Youtube, so remember to store your private key and JSON file by e-wallet carefully to avoid losing e-wallet.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:54:36 PM

Yeah it is secure but not that secure, if you are a person that like to click all links without recheck it first you must change that habit because there's a lot phising link that ready to steal your wallet and mew is not reaponsible if you lost your wallet
Elorika

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

Yes mew of course a very good wallet, you just need to be able to use it for security purposes and not to burn your key in phishing

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:58:13 PM

I have used MyEtherWallet for quite sometimes and I have seen that its one of the secured and also fastest wallets I have ever used.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:38:45 AM

Yeah! I think myetherwallet is very secure, I've been using it for sometimes now and I gats no issue with it but I will still recommend you to use imtoken if you're to use the wallet on mobile, this is also a secure wallet.

CutePanda

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:51:56 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
If you want to store your wallet it very safe using MEW and i'm not recommend you to hold your coin in exchange because too many case of exchange got hacked in this year. Try to use ledger or trezor it will be more safe than Priv key or Json file.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:59:45 AM

Of course I have been using also that for years now and it is okay what the important is you have keep the private key in a very safe place and will not forget it in order for your wallet to retrieve once you need it. MyEtherWallet is a very safe wallet for ETH and other tokens.
KHCGlobal
Copper Member

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:39:56 AM

keep your private key and ur jstone file secure and its safe
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:00:40 AM

it's ok to use myetherwallet as long as you are sure you are in the true myeherwallet page.  many fake MEW sites are used to phish out users.  many of these have variations of myehterwallet, just differing in one spelling or using foreign character as substiture to replace one letter of "myetherwallet".  I recommend installing metamask on your browser as it can detect phishing and problematic sites.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 08:08:57 AM

yes myetherwallet is completely secure wallet but be careful while visiting mew website because there is many fake websites, it is better to bookmark original website which is https://www.myetherwallet.com
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:13:31 AM

A good wallet but sometimes problems happen to it. Metamask is also not a bad safe way to store money. I use almost all wallets for ethereum but these are both basic ones. And it is better to create a wallet and current to view it on a blockchain without a private key, then all assets will be safe.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

It is recommended for me and it is very easy to use, there is not much to actually be able to use the wallets, the only thing you have to worry about is keeping your private keys safe and making sure that no one has access to them. Also you do not want to store the private keys online so that hackers cannot get to the coins with it.

sofmyhad

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:46:51 AM

MEW is very nice to use but during the last time it has somre problems with hacking and thefts so I don't think that it is so reliable now and will it be reliable in the future is not predicted.
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 11:52:45 AM

I have been using MyEtherWallet for more than a year. And I've never had a problem. That's why I think MyEtherWallet is safe enough. But I have read that there are several fake MyEtherWallet websites in a few places. So make sure you use the original MyEtherWallet website when creating wallets.
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 11:57:15 AM

I've used myetherwallet for more than 2 years I have never lost my token there
yes I saw a lot of people got hacked, but I'm sure it's not caused by MEW if you understand how to store your personal data safely I don't think that will ever happen

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:46:09 PM

I think MEW is a good wallet, I have been actively using Myetherwallet since I first knew, and I always use private key transactions and everything is safe there is no problem until now.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

maligu

Activity: 333

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:51:51 PM

You can use MyEtherWallet, as long as you save your private key, your wallet is safe. Or you can use coinomi Imtoken, these two wallets are also very convenient and safe.

hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:54:52 PM

I think MEW is a good wallet, I have been actively using Myetherwallet since I first knew, and I always use private key transactions and everything is safe there is no problem until now.
In my opinion, every wallet are not secured here because there's a lot of hackers here ,this is just a technology that has an IP address but we can avoid this through our mindset like having a lot of wallet and transferred depended on us.

Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:00:16 PM

You can not be sure if it is totally secure and safe to use myetherwallet or not. But you can keep your computer clean with good softwares, you can connect only to your private internet connection so you will be safer.
Decline

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:03:37 PM

Yes, MEW is quite reliable, but there more fishing sites in the WEB. Be sure, that you use right address. But I prefer to use MetaMask. In my view, it's easier and most safer then MEW. And the most important thing - never demonstrate you private key anywhere, or you can lost everything.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: