Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 36879 times)
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:46:22 AM

Wait a minute MZC turned out to be a scam coin just like AUR?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vleroybrown

Activity: 1145
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:48:53 AM

Wait a minute MZC turned out to be a scam coin just like AUR?
SELL all the coins now!   It's going to 0
flipNstack

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:00:37 AM

i have time invested in this coin.. so i'd like to see it do good, and I would invest more but Im not convinced of the story, too many aspects of this coin do not seem right

no official representation on these threads, the website is very limited in information/real content validating the story, their official forum and posts from supposed tribe members or representatives like ananymourspirate all combine to give me a feel that the story is just a story.  Can anyone post the actual content or document or statements from respected elders that validates the story... I mean the chief and not some members of the tribe

anyone able to get contact information on official representative bodies of the lakota nation?
kana

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:06:50 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

So I assume that maze coin is going to be done the same way huh?

Which makes sense, if the government of some place wanted to make currency this way does not seem like the way to do it. You would think there would be like 100% premine with maybe proof of share inflation or something like a ripple consensus. Letting people mine in mass does not make for good price control. Most importantly the government of the tribe in this case would would need to control the vast majority of the coins from the get go. Those coins would also have to have a finite number of some sort.

The mining infrastructure is being donated in return for the reward of the coins.  Do you have any idea what 7 THps distributed would logistically cost in technical expertise and asic hardware investment.  Its a good deal to allow the miners whose hardware is already running to jumpstart the mining of a p2p coin.  Were do you think these investors are planing on spending said coins as the businesses who will provide value for the coin start providing unique goods and services in exchange for them.  Right back there in the economy of Lakota.  This is a great opportunity to prove what the hell bitcoins potential can be inside the USA and the conspiracy crazies are after a ingenious plan that makes good on a promise for a p2p economy in the most realistic manner we could possibly hope for.  Give me a break get another hobby already.

That is a large cost but mining power is needed for a premine, the biggest worry of people should be the fact that miners dump most of what the get on exchanges. A large part of what is gotten on exchanges is not used to buy real stuff but to try and increase holding in bitcoins.
Its a free market and whoever ends up with those coins can evaluate the potential value of them based on how relevant they become inside a real economy with real goods and services available for them.  This hasn't happened in a coordinated legal way yet by an entire sovereign nation.  This is the tipping point for p2p currency to have a actual land rather than wave after wave of speculative hopes regarding the inherent value in a technological invention with the potential to be a better system than what we currently have.  God don't you get that while you spread the FUD you cowards have inside yourselves.  Grow the paur of balls you need to step up and contribute something positive, and if not why the fuck are you here?

I am here to get people to stop wasting money and time on coins that could be manged better, every time there is a pump and dump we lose people who could have been part of the crypto world so a few people can get more money. In my opinion the best way this could have been done is a massive premine so that all or most coins went right into the tribes hand. After which the coins could have been traded off or given to tribe members.

1 why the fuck do you care about the money of people making informed decisions on their own.  Are you somehow equipped to know what is better for them with their own fucking money.  If you don't want to buy or mine the coin don't,  it's simple.

2nd if you have a better plan for the development of a coin all the software code and expertise is open source.   Go for it make a ripple copy, or a bitcoin one just don't expect to get the millions and billions of dollars interest from institutions and business people if you don't add some value.  From all indications this coin adds more value in a specific quantifiable way than any prior to it.  It will be mine and any others risk who decide to mine and buy it in the free market it was placed in.  If you are not going to participate other than cry about how it should have been get a fucking life.  Go do something positive in the way things actually are or shut the fuck up.

I am just spreading my 2 cents as it were. This coin may make it but I am trying to cation people that there is not much proof of the claims that are being made. Also the price right now is probably a bit high for now.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:14:45 AM

The first post does not seem to identify the chain-ID of the blockchain, the number that makes each merged chain distinct.

That number is needed to check that it does not collide with any of the other merged mined chains...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:28:39 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

So in your completely uneducated backwards thinking
Which makes sense, if the government of some place wanted to make currency this way does not seem like the way to do it. You would think there would be like 100% premine with maybe proof of share inflation or something like a ripple consensus. Letting people mine in mass does not make for good price control. Most importantly the government of the tribe in this case would would need to control the vast majority of the coins from the get go. Those coins would also have to have a finite number of some sort.

The mining infrastructure is being donated in return for the reward of the coins.  Do you have any idea what 7 THps distributed would logistically cost in technical expertise and asic hardware investment.  Its a good deal to allow the miners whose hardware is already running to jumpstart the mining of a p2p coin.  Were do you think these investors are planing on spending said coins as the businesses who will provide value for the coin start providing unique goods and services in exchange for them.  Right back there in the economy of Lakota.  This is a great opportunity to prove what the hell bitcoins potential can be inside the USA and the conspiracy crazies are after a ingenious plan that makes good on a promise for a p2p economy in the most realistic manner we could possibly hope for.  Give me a break get another hobby already.

That is a large cost but mining power is needed for a premine, the biggest worry of people should be the fact that miners dump most of what the get on exchanges. A large part of what is gotten on exchanges is not used to buy real stuff but to try and increase holding in bitcoins.
Its a free market and whoever ends up with those coins can evaluate the potential value of them based on how relevant they become inside a real economy with real goods and services available for them.  This hasn't happened in a coordinated legal way yet by an entire sovereign nation.  This is the tipping point for p2p currency to have a actual land rather than wave after wave of speculative hopes regarding the inherent value in a technological invention with the potential to be a better system than what we currently have.  God don't you get that while you spread the FUD you cowards have inside yourselves.  Grow the paur of balls you need to step up and contribute something positive, and if not why the fuck are you here?

I am here to get people to stop wasting money and time on coins that could be manged better, every time there is a pump and dump we lose people who could have been part of the crypto world so a few people can get more money. In my opinion the best way this could have been done is a massive premine so that all or most coins went right into the tribes hand. After which the coins could have been traded off or given to tribe members.

1 why the fuck do you care about the money of people making informed decisions on their own.  Are you somehow equipped to know what is better for them with their own fucking money.  If you don't want to buy or mine the coin don't,  it's simple.

2nd if you have a better plan for the development of a coin all the software code and expertise is open source.   Go for it make a ripple copy, or a bitcoin one just don't expect to get the millions and billions of dollars interest from institutions and business people if you don't add some value.  From all indications this coin adds more value in a specific quantifiable way than any prior to it.  It will be mine and any others risk who decide to mine and buy it in the free market it was placed in.  If you are not going to participate other than cry about how it should have been get a fucking life.  Go do something positive in the way things actually are or shut the fuck up.

I am just spreading my 2 cents as it were. This coin may make it but I am trying to cation people that there is not much proof of the claims that are being made. Also the price right now is probably a bit high for now.
So in your completely uneducated, backwards ass opinion,  you thought you would just going online to contribute nothing to other people just like yourself but who dont actually contribute any valuations in the market via mining or investing because it makes you feel important.    Nevermind this is a me wasting time on a pointless jerkoff.  When you grow some balls feel free to talk to me about your latest positive deal or how worring on the sideline works out for ya.
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:49:56 AM

So in your completely uneducated, backwards ass opinion,  you thought you would just going online to contribute nothing to other people just like yourself but who dont actually contribute any valuations in the market via mining or investing because it makes you feel important.    Nevermind this is a me wasting time on a pointless jerkoff.  When you grow some balls feel free to talk to me about your latest positive deal or how worring on the sideline works out for ya.

Just because I do not think that this coin is good right now does not mean I have nothing in anything. I have been in the bitshares since early, I have ultracoins. I even had some of these before I looked into them deeper and thought that it would be better to wait for some real news from the tribe.
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:02:06 AM

Just because I do not think that this coin is good right now does not mean I have nothing in anything. I have been in the bitshares since early, I have ultracoins. I even had some of these before I looked into them deeper and thought that it would be better to wait for some real news from the tribe.
So in your totally random thoughts on how this coin would be a scam you decided to sell as the price was skyrocketing.   Are you a tribal member sitting in counsel with the elders.  I hope your stake was one I bought, and whn I am in the blackhills arraigning gold derivatives to future enhance the tribal wealth, you are doing great with your self affirmative bit shares and ultracoin.  Cool man cool
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:11:40 AM

So in your totally random thoughts on how this coin would be a scam you decided to sell as the price was skyrocketing.   Are you a tribal member sitting in counsel with the elders.  I hope your stake was one I bought, and whn I am in the blackhills arraigning gold derivatives to future enhance the tribal wealth, you are doing great with your self affirmative bit shares and ultracoin.  Cool man cool

I am not calling it a scam just a coin with lots of unanswered questions, that is why people not just myself wonder if the coin is really backed like it is supposed to be.
flipNstack

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:40:53 AM

anyone mining this thing?

I cant seem to get a handle on how much mining power is invested in this coin, the total hashrate varies greatly,  when the difficulty increases the net hashrate is almost a petahash but that drops by a huge amount when the difficulty decreases... I know nobody mining this is dropping out when the difficulty goes down, so what am I missing?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:27:49 AM

There is no such thing as hash-rate.

So people measure how long X number of blocks took, which is a roll of dice, and pretend as if the dice rolled exactly statistically average.

So the first block of a new difficulty is a crap-shoot, the last block at a given difficulty is the largest statistical sample but still might not really be a good sized sample if the difficulty changes often...

So the faster difficulty changes the more of a wild assed guess the wild assed guesses at how much hashing is out there tend to be...

Then too, some coins change difficulty every block or few blocks, based on the previous wild assed guess and the total fluke of how fast the last block or few got mined, so tend probably to get into wild runs of flukes...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
aaron-lebo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:37:45 AM

So I saw these two tweets from @CryptoDirect:

* The MazaCoin Development Team is actually working closely with the Lakota Casino. Exciting things in the works.
* The Oglala Lakota Nation is also poised to legalize recreational marijuana. Think your VISA card will buy that?

https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect

That is also the same person who tweeted about the WSJ article. I have no clue if that person is making stuff up, but if not, those could be pretty huge, beyond just the pumping and dumping that has been taking place.
Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:45:12 AM

Hi u all,

Mazacoin was on Kaiser Report ages ago, too bad I forgot all about it. Yep its all real ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKtkxZzUs4

start from 13:10

- Tomi

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
neilh

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:12:22 AM

* The MazaCoin Development Team is actually working closely with the Lakota Casino. Exciting things in the works.
* The Oglala Lakota Nation is also poised to legalize recreational marijuana. Think your VISA card will buy that?

That is also the same person who tweeted about the WSJ article. I have no clue if that person is making stuff up, but if not, those could be pretty huge, beyond just the pumping and dumping that has been taking place.

One of CryptoDirect's tweets:

"The MazaCoin Development Team is all volunteer. We don't even hold any money, CryptoDirect pays our development bounties"

So looks like a close relationship with the dev team.
Palaxidon

Activity: 462

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:24:01 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

The mining infrastructure is being donated in return for the reward of the coins.  Do you have any idea what 7 THps distributed would logistically cost in technical expertise and asic hardware investment.  Its a good deal to allow the miners whose hardware is already running to jumpstart the mining of a p2p coin.  Were do you think these investors are planing on spending said coins as the businesses who will provide value for the coin start providing unique goods and services in exchange for them.  Right back there in the economy of Lakota.  This is a great opportunity to prove what the hell bitcoins potential can be inside the USA and the conspiracy crazies are after a ingenious plan that makes good on a promise for a p2p economy in the most realistic manner we could possibly hope for.  Give me a break get another hobby already.

Its a free market and whoever ends up with those coins can evaluate the potential value of them based on how relevant they become inside a real economy with real goods and services available for them.  This hasn't happened in a coordinated legal way yet by an entire sovereign nation.  This is the tipping point for p2p currency to have a actual land rather than wave after wave of speculative hopes regarding the inherent value in a technological invention with the potential to be a better system than what we currently have.  God don't you get that while you spread the FUD you cowards have inside yourselves.  Grow the paur of balls you need to step up and contribute something positive, and if not why the fuck are you here?

pump and dump ruin cryptocurrency world

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:29:48 AM

I have. I can't find a single document from the Tribe itself even discussing MazaCoin, let alone adopting it as their currency.
You will find announcements here:
http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/official-announcements-f4.html
You will find the Memorandum of Agreement.
Which says precisely nothing about them adopting it as a currency.
I think that portion has been completely made up.
Payu was had a talk about the coin at the NYC Bitcoin Center,  I'm sure he was asked this very question.
Anyway, you are just speculating at this point.

I am stating that I can find no statement from the tribe that they have adopted MazaCoin as a currency.
You are speculating that they have adopted it. There seems to be no basis for that speculation.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:44:36 AM

The first post does not seem to identify the chain-ID of the blockchain, the number that makes each merged chain distinct.

That number is needed to check that it does not collide with any of the other merged mined chains...

-MarkM-

The coin does not have merge mine capability yet.  Someone needs to code it in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
aaron-lebo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:11:24 AM

One of CryptoDirect's tweets:

"The MazaCoin Development Team is all volunteer. We don't even hold any money, CryptoDirect pays our development bounties"

So looks like a close relationship with the dev team.

Interesting. Now if those things would come to fruition...I hate to say it, but....to the moon?
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

err well you assume wrong... try reading

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:28:33 AM

I wonder why the value has fallen 150% since yesterday? Are the Whales planning a massive buy up or now everyone decided to move onto another coin? I have 2k sitting in there and the value plummeting should I hold or sell? Grin

Hold - defo hold!

much in the pipeline!

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: