Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between science and religion  (Read 6466 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 03:55:45 AM

But God exists... fact.

It wasn't a fact. It doesn't have any evidence that God really exists.
Facts are said to be true and only by evidence.

The faith part is believing Him when He tells us about the coming resurrection.

There is no ressurection buddy. Brace yourself and accept the real fact of life.Every life forms are meant to be wastes for the sole reason of Life Cycle.

Arguing with BADecker is a waste of time.  You have to understand that his delusion is severe, his beliefs are unshakable, no matter how many facts you present. 

This is a person who believes that the universe was literally created in 6 days, that Earth is 7000 years old, that global flood that killed all fauna and flora happened 4000 years ago and that we are descendants of Noah and his wife. He thinks that all the animal diversity we see in nature comes from animals that were on a wooden boat with Noah, 4000 years ago.

He is not a person you can have a rational conversation with.

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:40:21 AM

Arguing with BADecker is a waste of time.  You have to understand that his delusion is severe, his beliefs are unshakable, no matter how many facts you present. 

This is a person who believes that the universe was literally created in 6 days, that Earth is 7000 years old, that global flood that killed all fauna and flora happened 4000 years ago and that we are descendants of Noah and his wife. He thinks that all the animal diversity we see in nature comes from animals that were on a wooden boat with Noah, 4000 years ago.

He is not a person you can have a rational conversation with.

Well, his not the only one like that here, there are so many people that has the same belief and thinking like he has now. Though we're the only ones whose capable of understanding them so it would be better if we will be the one who'll adjust on this situation for their sake.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:19:44 PM

Science needs logic to prove practically whereas religion is dependent on the myth without proof ,for example newton law of gravity was based on the activity of the falling apple ,people were living life with the idea that apple falls on the ground and they eat before the advent of law of gravitation,and after the invention apple is still  falling on the ground there is no change in the activity of falling apple .So this is the difference between science and religion .Myth comes first then science

Do you see what you just said? For thousands of years people ate apples that fell to the ground, because that is the way that gravity science works. Then Newton came along less than 400 years ago, and decided to "quantify" the science talked about in religion for thousands of years.

Nothing changes, except the descriptions of a few things scientifically observed. They were the same in the past. Only the words changed.

Cool
Absolutly right but with the help of the science after knowing gravity humane being, endeavored to go out of the gravity with rocket propulsion and reached in space whereas the religion can not  help to send humane being in space ,this is difference between science and religion.

Here is what to do. Go into the cold lands in the middle of winter. Move into a small trailer, like a travel trailer that is only 30 feet long and 8 feet wide. Take along enough food and water for a year. Then sit in there without going outside for a few months. That's what living in space is like.

I'd take religion over science any day.

Cool
I respect your feelings religion is over science always because definition of the religion  is set of positive cannons /principles, which the followers need to be complied with, otherwise they are out of the  religion for example Love for humane being ,co operation with each other up against the voilence etc. and all these norms can be maintained by providing knowledge and help .But there are more than 350 religions on this earth these  are having different set of rules ,only one thing is common to them they pray positivity and this is called sprituality,and the science,politics, economics etc,are the part of it because all are ,for, humane beings.On the other hand it is appreciable that medicines ,modern tech for treatment provides longer life span to humanity with the help of science.  

Now you are describing science theory religion, which can change later today, if some science joker can out-think the rest of his buddies for a few moments.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:34:55 PM

The greatest fact of all is that people are so extremely ignorant, that they need a God to show them the way.

They are really ignorant for believing that way. Though their beliefs on God will never help them. God only exist in words that resides on the human minds.

Though I like your statement here. You are indeed correct on it.

[+1]

Didn't get what you mean on those links. Science haven't prove that yet so its still a big question. a Law of Power Nor Ability (Unique Strange Phenomenon) to uphold a World is a negativity of aspects on reasoning.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:24:53 AM

The greatest fact of all is that people are so extremely ignorant, that they need a God to show them the way.

They are really ignorant for believing that way. Though their beliefs on God will never help them. God only exist in words that resides on the human minds.

Though I like your statement here. You are indeed correct on it.

[+1]

Didn't get what you mean on those links. Science haven't prove that yet so its still a big question. a Law of Power Nor Ability (Unique Strange Phenomenon) to uphold a World is a negativity of aspects on reasoning.

Well, thank you.

Unfortunately for you, you are continuing to live in your ignorance regarding the most important thing in the universe... believing God.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:30:23 AM

Unfortunately for you, you are continuing to live in your ignorance regarding the most important thing in the universe... believing God.

That's not ignorance buddy as for there is no truth yet Smiley it will only be, if I deny its very existence even though it really exist and can be seen by the naked eyes.
Atleast for me I'm just doing what I can to live my life unlike the others that keeps wasting time going to church or anything else. They don't even do what Your Bible says. So what's the point of being religious and praise God.
Your God didn't give you anything and that's a fact.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:37:39 AM

That's not ignorance buddy as for there is no truth yet Smiley it will only be, if I deny its very existence even though it really exist and can be seen by the naked eyes.
Atleast for me I'm just doing what I can to live my life unlike the others that keeps wasting time going to church or anything else. They don't even do what Your Bible says. So what's the point of being religious and praise God.
Your God didn't give you anything and that's a fact.

You are so silly. It isn't even worth entertaining your silly thinking. You say there is no truth. Well, if there isn't, then the truth is that there is no truth. So there is truth after all. Or are you really trying to tell me that there is no truth, by saying that there is... through saying that there isn't?

How do you know that your life is really your life, if there is no truth? Forget what other people do. Consider what you do and think. You are silly, as I have just shown you.

Further. When you look into the science of how life came into existence, you will find that life is essentially impossible to have happened. All you need to do is look at the numerical odds against proteins becoming complex enough to form life regarding the time that it might take. Research it and you will see that 13 billion years is just the tip of the time it might take to bring life into existence by the odds.

So, if it is impossible for your life to have come about by anything that man can figure out factually happened, why do you think that you have any control about it happening again - or not - after you die?

You are living from a standpoint of guesswork when you call your life, "your life."

Furthermore, the word "you" is plural, technically. How can we tell? If you say "you," you might mean me. But if I say "you," I might mean you. So, essentially, the word "you" is always plural.

Cool

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:15:17 AM

Furthermore, the word "you" is plural, technically. How can we tell? If you say "you," you might mean me. But if I say "you," I might mean you. So, essentially, the word "you" is always plural.

And now we're on a language debate. "You" refers to a single person/thing etc... buddy.  Even if you say it like this "YOU GUYS..." the word "You" refers to a single group. Therefore you're reality isnt what you think it is. Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:23:46 AM

And now we're on a language debate. "You" refers to a single person/thing etc... buddy.  Even if you say it like this "YOU GUYS..." the word "You" refers to a single group. Therefore you're reality isnt what you think it is. Smiley

Actually, when you say "you," you are hearing it yourself. So "you" is plural... yourself, and me, at least.

When you talk, don't you think you should know what you are talking about?... at least a little?... especially when you post in a forum?

Cool

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 05:02:54 PM

Science is not opposed to religion, some scientists view nature as evidence of intelligent design, while other scientists view nature as evidence of evolution.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 07:17:31 PM

Science is not opposed to religion, some scientists view nature as evidence of intelligent design, while other scientists view nature as evidence of evolution.

But both views are religions, especially for scientists. The question is, which group has the better religion?

Cool

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:45:13 PM

Actually, when you say "you," you are hearing it yourself. So "you" is plural... yourself, and me, at least.

When you talk, don't you think you should know what you are talking about?... at least a little?... especially when you post in a forum?

Cool

This is getting nowhere ... I guess having a debate with you will make me soon crazy, You're now confusing my language buddy Smiley its kinda like messing on the worlds singularity of YOU...Though it can never be of help in this topic Smiley

Somethings really off about you Smiley Are you some kind of nerd priest? Cool

Edited:
To make this ends

The pronoun you is the second-person personal pronoun, both singular and plural, and both nominative and oblique case in Modern English.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You

It seems like we are both correct Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:03:19 PM

The point isn't the word you. The point is to show the difference between religion and science.

Religions have all kinds of science in them at times.

Science has areas that make it essentially religion. To see this, read the electric universe/cosmos websites to see solid science theory that shows how much of standard science is very unsure... is acting in a faith manner, just like a religion.

Cool

michaelkelly8798

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:09:00 PM

You guys look at religion as these multiple gods out there that people have made up, you see all these new religions that come up. And you make the mistake of including the God of the bible in your list. You don't realize that most of today s' science is coming from the Bible, the first laws, the first descriptions of the world animals and physics. There's no difference between the God of the Bible and science, because all science comes from Him.

You call evolving from monkeys science, you make up explanations on how something came out of nothing and call it science. You believe organic can be created from inorganic, living things coming from non living, you now believe a lot of fallacies and THAT is not coming from God.
michaelkelly8798

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:14:09 PM

All of you can deny the existence of God. However you have ZERO evidence that proves the God of the Bible doesn't exist.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 07:26:38 PM

All of you can deny the existence of God. However you have ZERO evidence that proves the God of the Bible doesn't exist.

Have you received the gift of revelation?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:39:40 AM

Science is more religious than formal religions are. Look at how carefully and strictly scientists work to make their science pure. They work very religiously.

Cool

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:39:23 AM

And all of you may claim that the existence of your God is real and a fact. And you also have Zero evidence to prove that you GOD really exists in the current time. Cool
michaelkelly8798

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:25:49 PM

Have you received the gift of revelation?
What do you mean? Like a prophet? If this is what you mean, no, I haven't, I'm just a regular guy.
michaelkelly8798

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:31:27 PM

And all of you may claim that the existence of your God is real and a fact. And you also have Zero evidence to prove that you GOD really exists in the current time. Cool
You are totally wrong, on the contrary there's plenty of it out there, you are just biased towards evidence. You have eyes and can't see.

Evidence: "the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

If you need evidence about God's existence just pm me and I will show you some.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: