Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 02:55:05 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 09:21:15 PM by HashFast_CL

Yoli Evo Mining Board running at 975 MHz getting 750 GH/s

http://youtu.be/PjDF0tq5r28

http://hashfast.com/yoli-evo-at-975mhz-733gh/

Check out a screenshot of a Yoli Evo Mining Board hashing at 975 MHz and getting 750 GH/s with only a single HashFast Golden Nonce ASIC as verified in both CGMiner and as reported in the mining pool statistics:

Click here to learn more and Pre-Order a Yoli Evo Mining Board
http://hashfast.com/shop/yolievo/

Click here to learn more and Pre-Order a Sierra Evo Mining Kit
http://hashfast.com/shop/sierraevo/

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 02:56:07 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 08:17:32 PM by HashFast_CL

HashFast BabyJet users thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426644.0

HashFast Sierra's Owners Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433350.0

A point of order: Conduct in this subforum
January 27, 2013, 03:36:47 PM
gmaxwell

Here are some points on this subforum's ground rules— some of them are just reptition of the overall forum standards. Most of this should go without saying, but it seems a few people need some reminders.

Stay on-topic.

All threads created should be about custom mining hardware, its operation, or its production (including the companies making it or the technology involved).  Generally the subject matter should be boring— technical, procedural, dry things. We're talking about custom hardware for mining here, not civil rights or awesome rock concerts.

Within a thread all messages should pertain to the subject of the thread which is described in the thread title or original post.  Avoid tangents and especially avoid responding to tangents.  Off-topic posts may be spindled, folded, or mutilated at the moderators discretion. 

Posts should generally not make people angry. If you expect that your post will make people angry that is a sign that it may be in the wrong sub-forum. However, in some rare cases factual material about custom hardware or its vendors will make people angry. In these cases it is all the more important to be dry, factual, and to avoid speculation.

In all cases, do no harass or stalk people. Keep your behavior civil and professional.  Harassment will be ruthlessly deleted or edited until it is a mockery of the poster (in all cases edited posts will be marked accordingly). If you are in doubt about a behavior it is probably harassment. Don't do it.  If you feel you need to investigate a party that has scammed you, take it to the scam accusation sub-forum.

Feel free to provide criticism but don't belabor it. Making the same point over and over again is spam.

To avoid wasting people's time avoid bumping threads with pointless +1s, meme images, or "inb4" messages. Silence is golden. If you don't have something substantive to say, please say nothing at all.

If you are unhappy about these conditions I invite you to not post in custom hardware.

Cheers and happy discussing.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

Do off-the-shelf closed loop CPU liquid cooling kits fit this board without any special adapter?  Something like this... http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cpu-coolers
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:03:23 AM

Btw, sure looks like a lot of HW errors on that screencap, lol.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:10:49 AM

The sheer professionalism of that site makes me eager to be a "cheustomer".  Wink

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:39:02 AM

Great!

So when is MPP being delivered for Batch-1 customers?!!?

No one cares about your new products. Batch-1 customers essentially funded the entire operation, yet HashFast has been aggressively silent on MPP delivery. We won't even ROI in $ terms without IMMEDIATE shipment of the *full* MPP obligation. Nevermind the 90%+ *LOSS* in BTC terms, even with MPP...

You guys seriously need to make this up to customers somehow if you have any intention of salvaging your now-worse-than-BFL reputation. Delivering 4x Yoli boards to Batch-1 customers as the MPP obligation might be an ok start.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:01:38 AM

So when is MPP being delivered for Batch-1 customers?!!?

Not to mention that Hashfast hasn't even shipped a large part of its Batch 2 yet.

Plus the upgrade boards.

And the MPP, which you mention.

Then there's batch 3. 

And batch 4.

Well, I'd say the "Evo" customers - if there really are any folks foolish enough - can look forward to seeing their hardware sometime around Thanksgiving. US Thanksgiving.

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:16:39 AM

I'll buy when you will have it off the shelf. Smiley

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:04:35 AM

How come HashFast_CL doesn't have a red "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" under their name? What are you people waiting? They are not going to trust-rate themselves, you have to do it.
kevin911

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:56:32 AM

batch 2 sierra's haven't been dispatched yet and hashfast recon they will have this evo unit ready and shipped before another 2 batches + MPP in 2 months? I think not. batch 2 sierra's are now officially over a month late. I know this because I am a batch 2 sierra customer!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:40:56 AM

Man i love this American marketing again! The title says up to 800GH/s and they show 730GH/s. WTF is wrong with companies and with people?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:44:14 AM

I created a Non Self Moderated copycat of this thread, in case anyone needs it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

If you are able to prove that you can ship anything on time I may start to be interested.

I think your personal best so far is 3 months late, though you're back to 4 now. I'm rooting for a 3 months late March again. You can do it!

However, $6000 for 2TH is overpriced even for May... considering you can buy 2TB of Antminers today (which you will get 3 days from now!) for $8650 and mine $4000 with them before the HashFast imaginary "May" shipdate - never mind the actual shipdate based on track record.

Oh, right, the EVO draws 1650W less power than the Antminers. That's $180 more per month - mmm, still not worth waiting 1 to 5 months longer, and having to deal with HashFast "customer" service.

There's mining companies that treat their customers like customers. Bitmain & ASICMINER come to mind.
There's mining companies that treat their customers like investors (investomers?). BFL, Avalon, KNC etc.
There's mining companies that treat their customers like enemies. Actually, there's only one. HashFast has no competition in this field.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:38:03 PM

How come HashFast_CL doesn't have a red "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" under their name? What are you people waiting? They are not going to trust-rate themselves, you have to do it.

Fixed.

@HF - I'm willing to revise my feedback once you start treating customers as customers (instead of cattle to be milked) and live up to your promises. (Deliver on time, on spec. Honor MPP commitments). But that time is not now.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:55:25 PM

this sums it up pretty well:

A customer is someone who hasn't paid them yet.

Someone who HAS paid them is a victim.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:27:51 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 05:50:27 AM by HashFast_CL

Btw, sure looks like a lot of HW errors on that screencap, lol.

The screencap shows 3.9 million shares accepted, with a tiny 0.17% of that in HW errors.  This is perfectly normal; if you aren't getting a trivial number of HW errors you're not pushing the hardware enough.

That said, I can't wait to see how well the new 0.4 firmware/cgminer 4.0.1 platform will do with EVO boards!

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:41:31 PM

The title says up to 800GH/s and they show 730GH/s.

With better cooling (immersion anyone?) HashFast's Golden Nonce EVO board may get up to 800GH/s.  Our test used older versions of firmware/cgminer and liquid cooling, so it obviously only represents a singular proof-of-concept, not maximum performance.

The live demo is currently running at 750GH/s:

http://setup.hashfast.com/rpi/

750GH/s is more than enough to claim the crown for The World's Fasting Bitcoin Mining ASIC.

750GH/s is at least 50% faster than Cointerra's (less than) "500GH/s" chip!   Grin

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:54:57 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 10:14:18 PM by Micky25

750GH/s is more than enough to claim the crown for The World's Fasting Bitcoin Mining ASIC.

Congratulations! Any plans for sharing this with the people who funded your progress? I.e. your customers. Overdue Upgrade modules and MPP?
CurcO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:53:21 PM

If they want to exchange my board for the EVO* then perfect if not ##### them . They did nothing for the customers other than sell them Engineering boards which where almost 3 months late and with issues (boards with faulty chips, boards that overheat , VRM that can't handle the load, etc) to then release their final product. I will only buy when we are not in pre-order@!

EVO is also a brand of Dog Food...happy meal anyone ?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:37:32 AM

The title says up to 800GH/s and they show 730GH/s.

With better cooling (immersion anyone?) HashFast's Golden Nonce EVO board may get up to 800GH/s.  Our test used older versions of firmware/cgminer and liquid cooling, so it obviously only represents a singular proof-of-concept, not maximum performance.

The live demo is currently running at 750GH/s:

http://setup.hashfast.com/rpi/

750GH/s is at least 50% faster than Cointerra's (less than) "500GH/s" chip!   Grin

I appreciate that you replied to my post, but please understand that if you are advertising 800GH/s you must show it to the public. If you are advertising something that is only possible in a certain special condition then that is false advertising. Your immersion cooling isn't something for the average user (please take note that the "average" bitcoin user is way more advanced than an "average" non-bitcoin person). If you, the creator of this hardware can't show 800GH/s then don't advertise it as 800GH/s. Consider that only less than 1% of your customers have any idea about immersion cooling. THe "average Joe" will take as granted the 800GH/s and buy accordingly.
I shouldn't teach you how to treat your customer base, but for me you are just deceiving people. Instead of advertising 800GH/s you could easily advertise it as 730GH/s plus a special 70GH/s bonus for a special group of people that could do immersion cooling. People would love more the "free" speed than the lack of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: