Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining or Trading which one is safe?  (Read 3222 times)
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:05:12 AM

I want to know about mining vs trading topic. Many people saying that mining is the safest source of earning some coin. On the contrary, some other people say that trading is the best source of earning money. As a newbie, I am a bit confused about that. Which one is safe to do you think?

for crypto trading you must have extensive knowledge, especially about technical analysis, but if you want to mine you also have to have a large enough first capital. both will be very beneficial when you have knowledge about it.
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:30:38 PM

In general, mining may be possibly worth trying mid-term nevertheless plenty of considerations related to new makers influence results.
goatminer

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:18:41 AM

I think that trade is safer now, because mining has a high risk of not making any profit. Large pools occupied the whole area, so now it is very difficult to extract without large investments. Now you can buy equipment at a low price or wait for the release of new video cards 200xxx. And continue to do this.
Ardianna

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:21:46 AM

both are equally risky depending on how you manage them, if you are good at managing these fields you will definitely be easy to get profits.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:33:53 AM

a difficult choice, because in both cases there are big risks.. if you consider mining as a source of income, you need to understand that the complexity of production and expensive equipment does not make it a profitable enterprise, and the risk of equipment failure( in the same trade, there is undoubtedly the risk is greater. The market is an environment in which there is always the risk of losing their investment, and for beginners it is multiplied tenfold. Of course each person has their own niche, possibly you will find there and be like "Fish in water" but asking people about the risks and not trying in reality, making small steps with your mistakes, it is unlikely that you will find what you like.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:54:34 AM

it dificult to say, a think it depends of quantityof moneys you use for activity with crypto. when you buy one card for mining or trade with 500$ it is safe for you heath. otherwise when you have several farms or trade with 1000000$.
well, it all depends on personal expertise. For me, Minning is safer, because we only need to pay attention to the tools, and other things that need to be considered. while for trading, the risk may be a little bigger, especially if we don't know how to find information about the coins we will use.
Yes, knowledge is everywhere and available to those who are ready to learn. Mining and trading both requires knowledge but one thing with mining is that you should consider doing it for the long run, as you will be tying down capital anyway which is what makes it different entirely from trading. I do hear mining of some altcoins is profitable but I am not sure how long it will be profitable hence never trying them out.

For trading, you can get into a market, exit at some good profit or stop loss as the case may be and still be able to get your capital back in the long run. Whichever way, it depends on what each person is comfortable with. Trading though comes with a lot of risk, but that does not mean mining does not also come with some risks as well.

Overall, mining and trading are good and income generation ways only for the people who are all set to do them in the prescribed way. Now a days I do see many people are into POS and Masternode setting up but not sure how is their earning and ROI.
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:43:08 AM

it dificult to say, a think it depends of quantityof moneys you use for activity with crypto. when you buy one card for mining or trade with 500$ it is safe for you heath. otherwise when you have several farms or trade with 1000000$.
well, it all depends on personal expertise. For me, Minning is safer, because we only need to pay attention to the tools, and other things that need to be considered. while for trading, the risk may be a little bigger, especially if we don't know how to find information about the coins we will use.
It is not at all difficult to say. With mining, you will need some pretty good funds to start and even if you are going the GPU way, you may just have to be mining the coins that you will still need to have to wait a long time to see it get a huge percentage gain before you make something tangible which is the reason a lot of miners combine their activities with long term trading. With trading however, you can just start small and with a very good knowledge, with solid experience over time, you will be able to make a lot from it.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:47:14 AM

Once you get the requisite for the mining, including the complex machines (ASICS) and the knowledge in the mathematical algorithm, it is always possible to mine some BTC. However, with the trading, the tables can turn sometime especially when an unexpected bear market set in the scene. You can lose your trading investment.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:50:40 AM

I think mining is difficult right now as the rewards from mining coins are very low and there is the initial investment of purchasing the hardware to clear before you can think about making any profits. Trading you need to be both skilled and lucky to gauge the swings in coins and hit the turning points. Buy and Hold is a simpler way to accomplish longer term gains.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:56:45 AM

depending on hobbies. why I call it a hobby, because everything that is done must be based on pleasure and comfort. I think both things (mining and trading) are safe and both are also not free from risk.
danwanyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:57:58 AM

Mining and trade both seem like long-term investments, but cryptocurrencies are high-risk and high-return investments.

For mining, you need a very good piece of hardware plus the increasing cost of electricity, and mining is becoming increasingly difficult.
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:43:00 PM

Mining and Trading there are completely different things. So you need some technical knowledge for mining and you need financial knowledge to trade. Sure you can be successful miner and trader at the same time, but it is not common thing.

velona2589

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:54:42 AM

What do you mean saying "safe"? If we talk about security, then mining is definitely much safer than trading. It's hard to scam in mining sphere I think.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:13:59 PM

Mining would be the safer option here since there isn't any of investing your money directly into the coin and with trading there is always a lot of risks of losing your coins if you end up making one wrong move. With mining though you have to understand that the cost of operating can be very high which makes it a lot harder to achieve good results.
owmivmen

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:17:39 PM

Mining in my opinion is the same as holding a crypto because it takes a good time to sell crypto held. if trading I think it takes experience and expertise to trade on the exchange.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:18:07 PM

I want to know about mining vs trading topic. Many people saying that mining is the safest source of earning some coin. On the contrary, some other people say that trading is the best source of earning money. As a newbie, I am a bit confused about that. Which one is safe to do you think?
Of course mining is safer. Because you will not be affected by the price. You can mining in any market situation and make sure you are profitable from mining. Trading is very risky and you need to regularly follow the chart to be able to buy and sell at the right time

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Endorphinity

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

Very difficult question. I used to think that mining is much easier. But then I realized that in order to start mining coins you have to buy expensive equipment. At the same time, there is no guarantee that the coin will be expensive and you will be able to sell it at a good price. There are risks everywhere.

emanjun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:12:44 PM

Based in my own experience, there is no safety here in crypto. Everything in crypto is risky, in just a blink of an eye you money will be gone. The only thing needed inorder for you to lessen the risk is to think wisley before doing such thing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

None of them is safe if you ask me  Grin. Both ways are actually very risky. If you want to start mining, you need some capital at the start to buy graphics cards that are able to handle the difficulty of the network. There is a great possibility that your ROI from that card will not beat even the level of your starting capital, but you will have the card (which is going to be much cheaper at that time, so you might be really screwed). Trading is less attractive to me, but people with knowledge can actually benefit at basically any stage of the market, even during difficult times like we are having now. Remember, nothing can be taken for sure in the crypto world and you might never see your money again, so make some research and choose wisely  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
WillBe

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:49:33 PM

Of course, the risk of mining is smaller. But mining costs are much higher than trading. Mining is increasingly difficult because now that large companies have taken over mining work, the high costs for personal miners have reduced them now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: