Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY 99% OF ICO IS SCAM?  (Read 2150 times)
annaorlova

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

Because only on ICO people so easily give money to those startups who do not even have a prototype of their product. This is a very good environment for various scammers who are looking for easy money. Even a stupid student can earn $20,000+ on a fake ICO. And it makes me very sad. Don't do it if you're reading this, little scammer!
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

This is a very difficult question. Most likely, such a question should be asked of those who create fraudulent projects. Apparently, they forgot that the one who deceives a person will be deceived by another person.

irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:06:27 PM

Hi, lads!

There are many ICOs ongoing at present but in 2018 a lot of them is a SCAM. Why does this happen?

It will be interesting to hear your opinions.

Thanks, friends!

I dont think 99% ICO is scam. Only about 60% are ICO scam. I am a person likes to invest in ICOs and regularly monitor ICO ratings.
The situation in 2018 caused many ICOs to fail because they could not call for capital from investors because of the downtrend market and nobody wanted their capital to be kept too long in the ICO.

jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:41:32 PM

Many people says that 99% of ICOs are scam but for me is not totally scam maybe the project did not got the success for many reason that the reason why the investments of many people got lost but yes,  there are many scam project now scattered that is why we need to be careful if we want to invest in many ICOs.

lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:43:55 PM

Too much interest, there are really many projects in the falling market, I simply can not collect the right amount, but this does not mean that the projects amount to 99% of the scum, I think that everything is not bad, but the scam of the projects is really a lot.
Fedollam

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

The deception in the field of ICO is explained simply - it is very easy to withdraw money from naive investors and at the same time avoid liability.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:45:22 PM

Creating ICO can get a lot of money and that's I think most of ICO are scam. Many scammer like team and founder that still scamming people by creating ICO. Most of them I think earn millions of dollars that's why the founder or team run because of that huge amount . Before investing to any ICO just make sure that you do research already if you do not want to see your money gone. Invest only ICO who gives your profit not lose your money.
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:21:14 PM

Too much interest, there are really many projects in the falling market, I simply can not collect the right amount, but this does not mean that the projects amount to 99% of the scum, I think that everything is not bad, but the scam of the projects is really a lot.
In my opinion, ICO projects raise a lot of money, so it attracts many fraudsters to them, so if they succeed, they will become millionaires, which is why many people always how to cheat

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:24:49 PM

99% ICO scam? so it's like you said all ICO are scam, well there are many legit ICO's out there, these scammers want to quick rich and ICO is the answer that they want that is why scam ICO's are increasing.

Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:29:08 PM

There are so many reasons. But top on the list is greed and laziness. A lot of people are just greedy and are not willing to do anything useful to make it in life. Some of them may have even been involved in so many other crimes without success and they feel cryptocurrency is an easy way they can get want they want using the ICO.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
mansilkroad

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:33:08 PM

99% is a bit too much. But yeah, the truth is that a lot of ICO's are scams because it's a very easy way to gather some serious money from people and then run away with it.
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:33:15 PM

The crypto market is very young, for this there are no laws and restrictions - this was used by scammers. Until there will be regulation by the state to create new crypto coins - there will always be scammers!
Yeah I agree with you, the knowledge of every investors is not that good enough to distinguish good and fake ICO. Although in my opinion 99% is too much as I seen many successful projects that we have in the market. Maybe it's 60% is a scam and 40% are successful in launching ICOs but this will reduce due to market volatility as their prices can't survive.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

Hi, lads!

There are many ICOs ongoing at present but in 2018 a lot of them is a SCAM. Why does this happen?

Thanks, friends!

In my opinion, there are so many projects on the crypto market that are scam because the crypto market has become more popular. After the very good year of 2017, many people rushed to invest blindly without being aware of this sphere. This has allowed many scam projects to make a lot of money.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Akano

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:18:18 PM

I so much wish there is a regulatory body to this. You need to see the number of people falling into the hands of scammers. ICOs come out on a daily basis. Mostly put together by thieves...we  need to keep on doing our homework well by checking thru whitepaper though some may be false....
CryptoSpark

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:27:01 PM

We went through something similar during the .com boom, you could raise silly amounts of money for anything as long as it was web based.
In the ICO world it's the same but far less regulated, you don't even need anything more than a dozen poorly thought out ideas with a grand sounding white paper title and you're not even paid in FIAT but tokens that have questionable origin and value themselves. Put all that together and you have a big honey pot for every lazy developer with a get rich quick plan and no idea how to actually execute it as well as people with tokens they want to pump into the next sexy sounding project.

There are good ICO's and the idea of an ICO seeding an economy is great, you just have to dig through a lot of piles of dirt to find the good stuff.
gorokill

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:27:13 PM

Is that not excessive by mentioning 99% ICO is a scam, meaning that we are looking for 1% legitimate ICO that really provides benefits, I think it is difficult to find 1%. It was true that when I analyzed ICO some time ago, I saw that there were many scam ICOs but I also saw that there were still many that were trusted and brought profits to investors.
eipeng

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:35:41 PM

Hi, lads!

Thanks, friends!

That's a huge number there, i think it's more likely to be 90% and the rest is failed not a scam. Well to me a project is a scam because it is to be. They promise you a huge profit, excellent whitepaper, with almost perfect ico score. We can see that a crypto is still in it's infancy that is why people abuse it and create a project to their own good.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:41:04 PM

Saying 99 percent of ICO is a scam is not already proven . There are a lot of competitors coming in and one factor why some legit ICO's didn't success is because of people are a little bit confused where to invest or should I say there is not enough law in entering in ICO so tha'ts why scammers and legit ICO's became competitors . If maybe there is a law in running ICO's there will be less ICO and we can avoid to scam ICO's .
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:05:34 PM

Hi, lads!

Thanks, friends!

That's a huge number there, i think it's more likely to be 90% and the rest is failed not a scam. Well to me a project is a scam because it is to be. They promise you a huge profit, excellent whitepaper, with almost perfect ico score. We can see that a crypto is still in it's infancy that is why people abuse it and create a project to their own good.
I do agree, aside from scam ico's, there are also failed projects which is not able to make a name and even succeed. it means the investors are also being cautious about the huge number of scam ico.
vandeam

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

Because this is one of the ways to earn quickly and a lot of money are belonged to the investors that believe in the project. Today there are a lot of scams and it is a big problem of ICO in 2018.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: