Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 4383 times)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:34:06 PM

People have own decision. If you think holding is not good and go and leave. If we said last few months is good to hold our coins when the price is higher than today so it means today is better because the price gets cheaper because if you sell it you lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:38:51 PM

HODLing is not for everyone and the same goes with day traders but so long one understands the consequences of their actions, either short term or long term holding, I think its fine because we all play by our own different rules, shaped by our own desires.
beverly788113

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:38:41 PM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
I believe that this time if you hold and especially hold long ahnj will be very dangerous, you can see that the market is constantly fluctuating and is in the bearish trend in the long term, so to be able to minimize At risk, I believe that this time you should only short-term investment and trading day because bitcoin prices will be able to drop sharply at any time.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:34:54 AM

Seems to me you don't know the real meaning and benefits of holding.

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.

Oh you must be good in trading. Can you show us some proof of your scalping? Some screenshots will do. You must be rich now from your trading skills. Grin
*insert sarcasm

I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Show us first some proofs of your hard work and we will believe you. I wish you'll know that sometimes some shoes doesn't fit to everyone. And what matters most here is you profited and that's enough.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:47:13 AM

I agree with you even I see from market condition. In this situation every strategy will fail and you will never get income. If market condition like 2016 I believe " hold " is the right decision. Market always grow up with 3 situation ( up, down, sideways ) but how people face and do their strategy make market looks good to test our skill. Do your best, keep learning and have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:39:08 AM

I feel holding back is the best choice and the right way to provide security to the assets that you have because if you sell assets that you have at a very cheap price, what you get is only a loss.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:28:14 AM

Yes that right , hodl is bad idea to make money in crypto because all price of altcoin in high fluctuacion and actually we can make more profit from it by learn about trading strategy. Hodl just make missing out to make big money, because many altcoin going back to the bottom after all the times high.
I have seen a lot of people who just got into this space because they heard they people who invested long time ago have got extremely wealthy and they could do so too. However, what they forgot is that people who invested years ago kept holding during the storms the market brought with it, but since they know the long term value of what they were holding, the cared less about it.
Only people who are not ready to understand the potential of bitcoin may hate to hold it for years. It can only be hard to control if you do not know what to expect at every point in time or to know how to go about making investment decisions. All the people who are good in analyzing and predicting the future of bitcoins, will never say holding is not good nor advisable. I talk about only bitcoins. Holding bitcoin is highly advisable!
Scratchcatch

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

Yes that right , hodl is bad idea to make money in crypto because all price of altcoin in high fluctuacion and actually we can make more profit from it by learn about trading strategy. Hodl just make missing out to make big money, because many altcoin going back to the bottom after all the times high.
I have seen a lot of people who just got into this space because they heard they people who invested long time ago have got extremely wealthy and they could do so too. However, what they forgot is that people who invested years ago kept holding during the storms the market brought with it, but since they know the long term value of what they were holding, the cared less about it.
Only people who are not ready to understand the potential of bitcoin may hate to hold it for years. It can only be hard to control if you do not know what to expect at every point in time or to know how to go about making investment decisions. All the people who are good in analyzing and predicting the future of bitcoins, will never say holding is not good nor advisable. I talk about only bitcoins. Holding bitcoin is highly advisable!

Thank you, SpringfieldM1A!
Your comment is very helpful and I know that hodling is the right thing to do especially with Btc.
Have a great day!
vinbentrob

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

I love to think big and thinking big with bitcoin in your wallet simply means you should hold your bitcoin.  The limited supply of bitcoin and the increase difficult in mining bitcoin are some of the compelling reasons you should hold  your bitcoin!

cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Actualy hodls is the best way to escape and survive the struggle situation thats we face now,the bearish market even those some ICO developer,this is mostly what they should do,they hold there investment  in order to survive,and they wait for a moment when the market caps would back again its normal ways,just like happen before thats everythings about in crypto should be profitable,and thats what we doing for,and for me no matter what hodl is the best option to survive.

JeassonHunter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:26:02 PM

holding is good you can save your time in trading and you can decrease the number of people dumping so in that way you can help the price of that coin go high.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:59:15 PM

Of course Hold is the best choice and it is a way where you can secure your assets from falling cryptocurrency prices, when you sell them at a cheap price than what you buy, it will hurt you. so stay calm and control your patience don't be affected to sell your assets.
deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:57:09 AM

For me hodl is good but not in all of the altcoins. There are some altcoins that are good for trading some good for hodling. If you know how to make a good profit even if you only have a basic knowledge in crypto then you can earn big. I have read some article that they can make a big profit even f they have a small amount of knowledge in the crypto industry. The main task here in crypto is to study and learn the crypto so that if you already have the knowledge you will already know how to do the crypto and you will gain a big profit you do not have to be a pro to earn big you just need to be a hardworking and just study and understand the crypto and you will already earn.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:32:26 AM

Hodl is my mistake in cryptocurrency investment and this my decision was make me loss big amount of money. By looking to historical of many coins , only BTC and ETH is good choice to hold in long term. And other altcoin is just use it for trading because they can be back to the bottom even much lower. To earn more money in crypto market is better learn to trade because from high fluctuacion of crypto will be give more profit from trading.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:43:29 AM

Not everyone has the skill or time to engage in active trading.
Hodling gives them an opportunity to take profits from cryptocurrency, while still sharpening their skills.

Well day trade requires time to garner enough experience to be efficient. And not everyone who has time also end up being good day traders. So hodling will always be an option
Yeah and trading requires skills, knowledge and many other things that must be owned, if you don't have that it
would be better if you just kept it and hold it would still be profitable right? but it is only a few coins that are potential and worth to hold
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:04:39 AM

Not everyone has the skill or time to engage in active trading.
Hodling gives them an opportunity to take profits from cryptocurrency, while still sharpening their skills.

Well day trade requires time to garner enough experience to be efficient. And not everyone who has time also end up being good day traders. So hodling will always be an option
Yeah and trading requires skills, knowledge and many other things that must be owned, if you don't have that it
would be better if you just kept it and hold it would still be profitable right? but it is only a few coins that are potential and worth to hold

not only trading but also investing or hodling do also require a skill and a knowledge because if you dont have them both , you can expect to loose early because you didnt know what you are really doing , you didnt know abou the potential of your coins . cryptocurrency is hard and not for every one who is only eager to earn , you also need to be knowledgeable and skillful before you enter this world in order to become succesful on your journey . so goodluck and godbless us all .
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:43:53 AM

indeed holding assets for too long is not recommended, this will only make you an audience in crypto currency trading, because we all don't know when the value of coins will rise or fall again
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:21:51 AM

I feel holding back is the best choice and the right way to provide security to the assets that you have because if you sell assets that you have at a very cheap price, what you get is only a loss.
Lol, what the op is trying to say is that instead of just Hodl’ing your coins there are other ways you can also make money, just like scalping method in trading and I he’s very much right.

Most of us here are fond of doing on HODL and it’s not really helping the community, because all we do is wait and once we get profit we take the money and run away… So let’s try to engage other processes/methods to earn and keep the crypto market going.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:26:26 AM

Yes it’s true, those that are doing HODL are mostly those that don’t have any knowledge about trading… but don’t try to underestimate HODL cause I know a lot of people have made heavy money from it, if it wasn’t really good you wouldn’t see some people misbehaving and trying to manipulate it etc… But I really liked what you said here it made a lot of sense and I think people should engage themselves in trading than just looking for ways to rip off with Hodl.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:37:45 AM

Crypto currency was actually created as an alternative payment system to the existing payment systems. The existence of a payment system is impossible without keeping the crypto currency in its purses. Therefore, the retention of coins and tokens, we will vseravno use. As for making a profit, keeping the crypto currency will always be effective against young, developing and promising coins and tokens. Of course, in general, it is better to combine the opportunities for making a profit while keeping the crypto currency and its trade. However, not everyone has the ability and time to trade on the exchange for this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: