Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 4383 times)
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:35:44 AM

The HODLING Bitcoin can be advisable. Look at how deep the altcoins has fallen, but BTC is still staying on the levels about $6500. Don't HODL an altcoins but trade them, because these coins can be go down even lower than today.

To be honest, I also prefer to trade. When an investor is HODLING, he/she is usually very nervous if the crypto exchange markets turn red. So sell high and buy low, and don't worry about the red colors of the prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:21:38 PM

Grin That shows the level at which a lot of newbies just want to get rich quickly in this market. Maybe they should ask what those who have been holding since around 2010 has passed through in the market movement and someone who just came yesterday feels he or she is entitled to the moon.
This is the reason why they raise their expectations too high for silly reasons and then get frustrated at the end. If they cannot withstand it, like I always say, they should go learn how to trade but also have to understand there is no shortcut to trading as that can make them lose more if they do it without knowledge.

reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:30:59 PM

Certainly, anything you do too much, you are bound to have the regrets. The same applies to holding. You must always know when to sell off and this warrants you to learn technical analysis to be sure when the trend in the market is going against you. Hold but know when to sell off.

Many times holding is a better option than you selling in a loss making deal because of volatility we know it will fall or crash but then it will also rise.  It does require some time to rise and if you can hold for that period nothing like it because bull run can be really quick and help us to make money.

paulo013

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:51:07 PM

Yes you're right but not in all coin specially bitcoin. But for this situation of dip. I rather prefer holding my altcoin or bitcoin because i bought some of my crypto's in a high price.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:30:51 PM

I think keeping long term coin is good, especially for newbies with little investment experience. Crypto will have a bright future, I am sure so. Keeping good coin in the long run will reduce the risk and bring great profits.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:11:34 PM

Hold for a newbies is very advisable due to they are on learning stage yet, But telling hold is not advisable, I think it is not a good idea. Because

most of the community who got earned here was because they hold some of their coins patiently. Particularly now is the right time to hold some

coins you have then if you have some capital to buy a potential coins were it got dumped then hold and wait til it rise up again.
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:49:25 AM

Grin That shows the level at which a lot of newbies just want to get rich quickly in this market. Maybe they should ask what those who have been holding since around 2010 has passed through in the market movement and someone who just came yesterday feels he or she is entitled to the moon.
This is the reason why they raise their expectations too high for silly reasons and then get frustrated at the end. If they cannot withstand it, like I always say, they should go learn how to trade but also have to understand there is no shortcut to trading as that can make them lose more if they do it without knowledge.

A lot of people came into crypto when the bull market was in it's final stages, they were primarily attracted by the price increases, less so about the technology. Quite understandable that many panic. If you sit on a large amount of coins and haven't researched them properly, it's not a nice situation to be in...especially not in a bear market.

Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
We can't push others to risk their money into trading field. Yes, you have said that not all of us are knowledgeable enough with that and might be prefer holding for safe keep. But this strategic way isn't good at this time since market isn't growing and we only get nothing if we don't do anything just like trading.
katuhakuh

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:15:58 PM

In my opinion, it is not recommended that you are the type of investor or trader who has short patience. Therefore general or basic knowledge here in the cryptocurrency world that the price of each coin goes up and down every minute. Only those who do not know the strategy to benefit from a market that supports hodl.
Floyx Company

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:24:27 PM

First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

You will never lose money if you do not sell on a loss.
HOLD as much as you need.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:25:23 PM

Hold for a newbies is very advisable due to they are on learning stage yet, But telling hold is not advisable, I think it is not a good idea. Because

most of the community who got earned here was because they hold some of their coins patiently. Particularly now is the right time to hold some

coins you have then if you have some capital to buy a potential coins were it got dumped then hold and wait til it rise up again.

not only for a newbie but overall it is advisable for everyone . hodl is the best way to do in this current market situation because we see that the value of cryptos is verry confusing . though its up to them whether they will sell some or not . selling some of your coins sometimes is not a bad idea at all knowing that you will be needing the money for important situation or for emergency usage  but selling for your own sake of hapiness is not really recomended at all .
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:24:35 PM

Yes you're right but not in all coin specially bitcoin. But for this situation of dip. I rather prefer holding my altcoin or bitcoin because i bought some of my crypto's in a high price.

Holding is very important this days because the market prices are down and that is the reason you should hold your coins in order to avoid losing a huge amount of investments in this bear market.
robertsu

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:45:09 AM

HODL is the retention of tokens before  the moment of big income. This important principle for long term investment. Of course, traders don't need to keep tokens with blindfold.
BryanRoseWalker

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:19:47 AM

Holding is very important this days because the market prices are down and that is the reason you should hold your coins in order to avoid losing a huge amount of investments in this bear market.

Ironically, this year was very tiring because asset movement continued to decline, even many began to saturate and sell in panic conditions, but it was very important to measure potential prices to remain stable at a minimum, so that momentum was needed to increase prices.

HODL is not recommended for people who are not strong enough to hold it for more than one year, but this condition will also determine periodic price developments.
dlaniger31

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:54:03 AM

For me, hodling is good if you dont have time to trade. You can gain from hodling, bitcoin is an example which has the price of maybe $10 in the beginnings of the coin and if you hodl it for a long time, the price now is so much big. Hodl is for investors who want to gain without so much trading and takes a lot of years to gain much profit.
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:56:09 AM

It is very vital for all of us to know when to hold and when to sell. That I'd why we need to learn technical and fundament analysis together so as to decipher it quite well. Know when to hold and well to sell. Everything is on the chart
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:21:01 AM

Seems you just made some big gains from trading huh? How about those that have lost most of their assets by trading during this period?
I'm interested in learning how to trade though. But there are so many materials online to sort through the good ones. Could you post some links or recommend good resources?

if you want to know the best source of your experience is your own experience, if you read the source from the internet you will not get the benefits of trading, if you analyze your trade then you will know how to trade, and see the price history of a coin that you trade , a good way of fighting is analyzing and other sources are only for the benchmark and you can also extract the source so you will get a way to trade coins
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:33:25 AM

HODL is pretty much advisable to those coins that do have a future. HODL is advisable too, to those who are not so much into trading and have a great luckiness when it comes to prediction. HODL is much advisable when the market is going down, eventually it will rise up again (Market cycle)....
HODL is not advisable to those person who are easy to let go of their coins and is not a believer that it will eventually rise its value. HODL is not advisable if majority are selling their coins,  pretty much you loose a chance to sell a coin with a great price.
In summarization,  it is important to know when is the right time to hold a coin or sell it out.  It is not the matter of is it advisable or not to HODL, what matter most is HODL can get you benefit but at the same time it can get you stuck too.
By experience, i split the number of my coin in two,  sell out the half and HOLD the half. So i can get the benefit of HODL it and lessen the chance of not getting merit for it. 

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:38:45 AM

If the altcoins are too much HODL or the All in is really wrong, because you don't have a back up to buy back when the price is below.
The essence of all that is that you don't be too greedy in trading.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:26:58 AM

well, you could be right and wrong at the same time, i mean the reason we are all here is to make a decent living from crypto, thats why i would rather identify an ico in its infant stage, with good future prospect and buy its coins at very low rate, then HODL till a further rise in price, sell off then make profit. So HODLing at times is very advisable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: