Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16287 times)
pressreturn909

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:54:58 AM

Searing  and crytotronik.  You are both correct.

Bitmain is hoping everyone will forget about the B3 disaster. The B3 is different to the other miners. It is not an ASIC for the algo. The community was deceived. One medium graphics card now hashes the same rate as one B3.

Bitmain hides behind its location of China. If it were elsewhere, it would be sued. So much $$$ has been lost by people tricked into giving their cash for a lie.

No remorse is shown by Bitmain, or its billionaire owners, and the support staff are dismissive. 

It appears to be going for an IPO, however, the victims of the deceptions may bring lawsuits in the future, which may affect the share value. Full disclosure will have to be made, and the shareholders will have entitlement to truthful disclosure.

Bitmain does not even help with new drivers for the B3, or provide guidance as to how the Sophon device can be reprogrammed to mine other algos, which I presume they could do, maybe not efficiently.

It would be easy for Bitmain to deal with the situation and compromise to help their previously loyal customers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crytotronik

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:09:02 AM

Continuing to mine a coin that you are sure will increase in value is otherwise always going to be far more profitable than shutting your miner off.

Then its better to mine it with GPU, because its much more efficient than a B3.

Bitmain Antminer B3 was built to offload non-seller called SOPHON BM1680.

They developed those chips 1,5+ years ago and nobody wanted them. B3 (Sophon chips) are not developed to mine Bytom.

With some weird coding tricks Bitmain successfully managed to make those chips mining Bytom. Then they put all BM1680 into some aluminium boxes and called it "Tensority Asic". Haahaa! I thought ASIC's are chips, special produced to do computing operations at max efficiency.

If all GPU's (maybe CPU also?) are much more efficient than BM1680, why should I use Antminer B3?

@Bitmain: Stop telling us lies about hacked/stolen code! YOU can develope chips/ASIC! Some non professional coders managed to beat your B3 using GPU!! GPU is not a specialized chip to mine Bytom. Thats the best proof, your BM1680 is not built to mine Bytom.

Bitmain, you scammed me!

You sold a super hightec special developed ASIC to me,which is NOT! You sold me old and almost useless chips, packed into a box and telling me "look whats that? Our new ASIC Miner!".

somewhere in the thread I and others mentioned this. These units are the A.I. units for artificial intellegence...been aroud a year or so....so they built a coin around

the units when they became and/or saturated the A.I. market. Bitmain: rinse, wash, repeat.

And of course it did not work, but damn they moved a lot of old A.I units out of production for new A.I. units from the $$$ to be put into newer research labs...of course

they expected it to work well enough that they could rinse/wash/repeat that as well

so yeah, it was a 'trap' indeed...consumers left holding the bag...I new this to be true ..in that THE NEXT DAY they had these B3 miners to sell ie...no pre-orders...

sorry for your loss, we have all been there.

myself, I doubt I will buy any 1 algo miner from anyone again, FPGA maybe or something where firmware can be adjusted...I think pow-scrypt may actually die

from bitmain's stunts....as a 'former' big miner (30 plus units in a data hall of various mnfg's) I'm out...to hobby mode..IMHO this is not the time to buy equipment

if you do want equipment i'd hoard coin and wait for a 'hopeful' 25% pump of the current price..then consider it. At this price of 8k sideways price it makes no sense

and at 6k it makes no sense ....this added to the only option is bitmain etc...best maybe to wait till 2019 and look for new options and/or save crypto on the pump.

w/o a pump ...no reason to get new equipment even if it made sense.....sideways price is always sketchy to dump eventually again IMHO

again sorry for your loss

What I wrote is not proven. Its my personal view after lots of research. Everybody please do the same and you will see how fishy this is.

This IS proven:

The Sophon BM1680 chips are inside the B3.

As a good start, check this thread and you will see:   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3870665.0

Next, look whats inside this AI-cards. Check when it was released. Here is a link to SC1:

https://www.sophon.ai/product/introduce/sc1.html

Google will help you to find out, how the machine was promoted by Bitmain.

I want the whole community should be aware about this case. This was too big to sweep it under the carpet!

Again: Not all is proven (yet), build your own personal opinion and help the people who bought the B3.
pierrexp81

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:23:00 AM

Bitmain scammed us!
BYTOM know it, but don t says anything!

Poorest community i ve ever seen!

But it s going to follow them lifetime, if they survive, their name ll be stick to a big SCAM!
bitnetter

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Can someone overclock this machine to make hashrate more than 1k?
Hildy

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:34:33 PM

I doubt it, we're stuck with the garbage we got. Fuck bitmain/bytom!
Lalli

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:48:32 PM

If we could double the hashrate it would still take many, many years to roi. Too many. Scam of the year easily.
areyouathief

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:23:04 AM

If we could double the hashrate it would still take many, many years to roi. Too many. Scam of the year easily.

Titan V is 4.2 kH/s
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:12:18 PM

Continuing to mine a coin that you are sure will increase in value is otherwise always going to be far more profitable than shutting your miner off.

They developed those chips 1,5+ years ago and nobody wanted them. B3 (Sophon chips) are not developed to mine Bytom.

With some weird coding tricks Bitmain successfully managed to make those chips mining Bytom. Then they put all BM1680 into some aluminium boxes and called it "Tensority Asic". Haahaa! I thought ASIC's are chips, special produced to do computing operations at max efficiency.

If all GPU's (maybe CPU also?) are much more efficient than BM1680, why should I use Antminer B3?

@Bitmain: Stop telling us lies about hacked/stolen code! YOU can develope chips/ASIC! Some non professional coders managed to beat your B3 using GPU!! GPU is not a specialized chip to mine Bytom. Thats the best proof, your BM1680 is not built to mine Bytom.

Bitmain, you scammed me!

You sold a super hightec special developed ASIC to me,which is NOT! You sold me old and almost useless chips, packed into a box and telling me "look whats that? Our new ASIC Miner!".

somewhere in the thread I and others mentioned this. These units are the A.I. units for artificial intellegence...been aroud a year or so....so they built a coin around

the units when they became and/or saturated the A.I. market. Bitmain: rinse, wash, repeat.

And of course it did not work, but damn they moved a lot of old A.I units out of production for new A.I. units from the $$$ to be put into newer research labs...of course

they expected it to work well enough that they could rinse/wash/repeat that as well

so yeah, it was a 'trap' indeed...consumers left holding the bag...I new this to be true ..in that THE NEXT DAY they had these B3 miners to sell ie...no pre-orders...

myself, I doubt I will buy any 1 algo miner from anyone again, FPGA maybe or something where firmware can be adjusted...I think pow-scrypt may actually die

from bitmain's stunts....as a 'former' big miner (30 plus units in a data hall of various mnfg's) I'm out...to hobby mode..IMHO this is not the time to buy equipment

if you do want equipment i'd hoard coin and wait for a 'hopeful' 25% pump of the current price..then consider it. At this price of 8k sideways price it makes no sense

and at 6k it makes no sense ....this added to the only option is bitmain etc...best maybe to wait till 2019 and look for new options and/or save crypto on the pump.

w/o a pump ...no reason to get new equipment even if it made sense.....sideways price is always sketchy to dump eventually again IMHO

So, thats why those asic machines are shiat....

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:43:08 AM

Bitmain, you scammed me!

So, thats why those asic machines are shiat....

Afraid so, on the week they did this I called my buddies up and said ..if it worked it would be 'evil genius' at it's best...but if it did not work...a lot of folk would be left holding the bag....as usual

we agreed there would be 'no risk' to bitmain in anyway...if the coin took off they were golden...if  the protocol did not take off...they sold a crap load of machines ...so win/win

we actually we're in 'dismayed awe' at the sheer balls of the move

bitmain: risky choices for you..more $$$ for us. (tm bitmain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Lalli

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:10:10 AM

Titan V is 4.2 kH/s

Titan V will probably roi much faster than B3 if mining Bytom, but it will likely be over 1000 days.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:27:35 PM

Titan V is 4.2 kH/s

Titan V will probably roi much faster than B3 if mining Bytom, but it will likely be over 1000 days.

these units were originally made for A.I. use. Is there any way you can simply 'flip them back' for that use?

if Bitmain was as lazy as I expect it should be do'able just by getting the A.I. software or I should say firmware.

not much of an angle...but hey it might be something for those who have these doorstops. (i don't have these but

had D3 doorstops, so I can relate) Sad
brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:33:15 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 06:59:34 PM by greyday

Yup, this is the last Bitmain product I'll likely buy. It earned around $50 (at current coin value) before it broke. Time it took diagnosing it, trying out repair parts sent, sending it back, then rediagnosing after it stopped working when I updated the firmware, and it now loses money if I turn it on. Loss: $1450. Zero option for a refund for a defective product, just wait out any period of profitability while they try to fix it (for what it's worth, their support people are actually pretty great).
fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:38:44 PM

Anyone buying a machine meant to only mine a single coin with no history of profitability cannot blame bitmain for their own stupid decision.

Also, the GPU code was written after the miner was released, so you are trying to blame bitmain for not predicting the future.

Quit whining and blaming everyone else for your bad purchase. Nobody forced you to buy it.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:56:18 PM

Anyone buying a machine meant to only mine a single coin with no history of profitability cannot blame bitmain for their own stupid decision.

Also, the GPU code was written after the miner was released, so you are trying to blame bitmain for not predicting the future.

Quit whining and blaming everyone else for your bad purchase. Nobody forced you to buy it.

I'm not complaining about the risk or the nature of the coin, I'm complaining about the faulty hardware and the extreme loss of mining time as a result of it.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:59:44 PM

Anyone who still has a working B3 unit, I'd look into seeing if the original Artificial Intelligence firmware would still work on these...

it may be likely, then run don't walk to your local university computer science department and donate it as equipment at full price...

for a tax write off at least or just for the 'fuzzy' feeling..or just use it as an A.I. unit for yourself...

just saying, if Bitmain is as 'lazy' as I think..it may be as simple to repurpose these back with a firmware patch

sorry, I did not get one, just tossing it out there to help...a working A.I. unit for giggles is better than a doorstop (maybe) Sad

brad

oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:45:07 PM

B3 is low performance because  do not have enough memory amount. Therefore, it is useless even in the neural net which is the original use  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

To improve it, need to remove the processor from the hash board and install it on a new board. Grin Grin Grin
ronnieb

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:22:51 PM

BYTOOONNNNNNNNEEEEECCCCCTTTTTT!!!!!!!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:03:58 AM

BYTOOONNNNNNNNEEEEECCCCCTTTTTT!!!!!!!

they don't really care in that right now it makes no sense to make stuff for their own use first...in no way shape or form does it make

any sense to spend $$$ on equipment for us!

thus, if/when new equipment by bitmain is back on track...they will make it for themselves per usual *unless like B3 can repurpose

units like the A.I. miners) and mine them for 3-4 months..then release....so best case senario...we have months to go...

*unless bitmain being evil ...releases a NEW scrypt-pow (ltc etc) miner...just for giggles....fairly sure they have one ready to go

but it may never see the light of day at these prices

bitmain: evil never is tardy! (tm bitmain)

Belmyl

Activity: 54
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:43:11 PM

For those who upgraded their fan, you can skip the fan speed update and just perform the second update for the hashrate.

The problem with the fan speed update is that it will set fan speed to 50% so your replacement fan will be too slow to cool the B3 down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
  Print  

Jump to: