Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ██[MZC] MazaCoin - National Currency - now @ RussiaToday, Independent, Telegraph  (Read 167527 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:01:16 AM

How does one get into that chat?

It's on #mazacoin on Freenode IRC, but that conversation happened almost 24 hours ago.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:04:29 AM

My father (an avid coin collector) is going to go fucking mad when I buy him one of those minted native american coins, potentially the first round of mint of a coin that historically lifts their people up once and for all.

*warrior dance*
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

[23:42] <@neuroMode> So the Lakotas are open to being flexible/dynamic with the coin and offering support to other tribes, reaching out you might say
[23:42] <@AnonymousPirate> Now if this were to happen, we would become what is known as a Commonwealth Coinage.
[23:43] <@neuroMode> Ah
[23:43] <@AnonymousPirate> Lets be perfectly clear about something.
[23:43] <@AnonymousPirate> The Lakota do not decide.
[23:43] <@AnonymousPirate> We do.
[23:43] <@neuroMode> A misunderstanding on my part
[23:43] <@neuroMode> You confronted them with the idea?
[23:43] <@neuroMode> And they accepted?
[23:43] <@AnonymousPirate> When we set up MazaCoi we negotiated full autonomy for the MazaCoi Development Team.
[23:44] <@AnonymousPirate> No politician will ever decide the fate of MazaCoin.
[23:44] <@neuroMode> I see
[23:44] <@neuroMode> That is wonderful Smiley
[23:44] <@AnonymousPirate> WE decide the fate, this community.
[23:44] <@AnonymousPirate> And we will always do what is best for the coin and the people it represents. not the politicians.
[23:45] <@AnonymousPirate> Although it looks like Payu will be the next President of the Oglala Lakota Nation.
[23:45] <@AnonymousPirate> That is actually an unintended and undesired consequence of MazaCoin.

[23:45] <@neuroMode> I hope he uses his seat of power in a non-corrupt manner.
[23:45] <@neuroMode> He has done a very good job evangelizing so far
[23:46] <@AnonymousPirate> He will or I'll beat him and he knows it.
[23:46] <@AnonymousPirate> I would whoop him like a red headed step child.
http://pastebin.com/wvvNS7ra

This for real?

Did you make that up sir cos' its some very sexy stuff.

"[23:48] <@AnonymousPirate> And they are designing us the most gorgeous collectible 1 ounce silver rounds you ever saw.
[23:48] <@AnonymousPirate> 500 MZC denomination they will be stunning."

wowser

I guess they figured out the problem that many ranted on about these poverty stricken people having no computers or internet get these coins (which is bs anyways). They're going for the easy and obvious root, use the already established none fiat bank to mint the coin? oooo someones a clever future president >.<

These bold statements about becoming their president seem highly optimistic at best. They've got me worried a bit to be honest. It makes you question wtf's going on.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:05:05 AM

Sold at 5700 since I knew this was trending downward. Standard protocol with new coins on cryptsy. Might pick some up again if it dips down to 1000.

I'm starting to wonder how trustworthy some unseen guy named "AnonymousPirate" is. Where did this guy Payu Harris come from all of a sudden? The toughest part about maza is that it could equally be a huge pump and dump scam or it could be a real effort to legitimize cryptocurrencies. It's very difficult to tell at this point.

I keep seeing lots of retweets about Maza, including some from the infamous Max Keiser. It's hard to imagine such a vocal figure as Payu doing all this networking about mazacoin just to shill it.

I have never been so on the fence about a coin before. At this point in this game it's hard to tell which coins are legit and which are just blatant pump and dumps. Ultimately I find it hard to believe that a three-person team would commit to all this effort just for their new currency to get listed on mintpal, hit its peak, then peak again on cryptsy and die immediately afterward.

I know we've had 140 pages of discussion, which is phenomenal considering the age of this coin, but I want to know all of your thoughts right now. Is MazaCoin a legitimate effort or is it just an elaborate pump and dump scheme? Only time will tell.
neuroMode

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:09:16 AM

Sold at 5700 since I knew this was trending downward. Standard protocol with new coins on cryptsy. Might pick some up again if it dips down to 1000.

I'm starting to wonder how trustworthy some unseen guy named "AnonymousPirate" is. Where did this guy Payu Harris come from all of a sudden? The toughest part about maza is that it could equally be a huge pump and dump scam or it could be a real effort to legitimize cryptocurrencies. It's very difficult to tell at this point.

I keep seeing lots of retweets about Maza, including some from the infamous Max Keiser. It's hard to imagine such a vocal figure as Payu doing all this networking about mazacoin just to shill it.

I have never been so on the fence about a coin before. At this point in this game it's hard to tell which coins are legit and which are just blatant pump and dumps. Ultimately I find it hard to believe that a three-person team would commit to all this effort just for their new currency to get listed on mintpal, hit its peak, then peak again on cryptsy and die immediately afterward.

I know we've had 140 pages of discussion, which is phenomenal considering the age of this coin, but I want to know all of your thoughts right now. Is MazaCoin a legitimate effort or is it just an elaborate pump and dump scheme? Only time will tell.

AnonymousPirate certainly had grandiose ideas when I talked to him. Whether or not he was talking about of his ass remains to be seen. He unloaded a ton of information on me in that chat. There are things that throw up red flags for me, but there other things that don't. I don't know what to think anymore, really. I'm just as much on the fence as you are. Not a good place to be.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:11:39 AM

AnonymousPirate certainly had grandiose ideas when I talked to him. Whether or not he was talking about of his ass remains to be seen. He unloaded a ton of information on me in that chat. There are things that throw up red flags for me, but there other things that don't. I don't know what to think anymore, really. I'm just as much on the fence as you are. Not a good place to be.

So you were in the guy in this chat? neuroMode?

I agree the bold claims are all over the place and the one about Payu becoming the Lakota Nation president takes the cake. It does raise some red flags unfortunately.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

Do some research dude, you think Payu Harris came out of nowhere? Research first, then post opinion. It's useless to everyone the other way around.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:18:31 AM

Maybe anonymous pirate IS Bryan Brewer! >.<
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:21:11 AM

This anonymous pirate is a guy who's into crypto mining, according to his own words, so he's some techy guy. Can't be a politician I'd say.

It's the owner of this twitter account https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:25:25 AM

This doesn't give me any more confidence in maza. Stranger things have happened, but from what I read of the irc chat, AnonymousPirate seems to have his head in the clouds.

Who exactly is Payu Harris? And why should I buy maza when I could just put my money into peercoin or some other already established coin? This flooding of new coins will drown the market soon if they keep on coming. To release a new coin at this point, it would have to do something revolutionary that no other coin currently does.

I'm a bit worried that every crypto, right up to bitcoin, is just a game of greater fool. Tulip mania for the 21st century. That's not to say the idea of bitcoin isn't valuable, because there should be a decentralized method of sending money directly to anyone anywhere in the world in a matter of minutes. And if bitcoin solves this dilemma already, then what's the point of these hundreds of other coins?

People are going to get exhausted of seeing five new coins every week, and most of those people are just going to gravitate back to bitcoin and some of the other "first cryptos" and drop all of these altcoins entirely.
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:26:05 AM

Hardly the statements a nation's president would make:

https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect/status/441664811374768128

CryptoDirect ‏@CryptoDirect

@maxkeiser Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

coinyewest

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:27:44 AM

@maxkeiser Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.

Brave words from a hacktivist that cares about impoverished tribal nations!

neuroMode

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:28:31 AM

I agree the bold claims are all over the place and the one about Payu becoming the Lakota Nation president takes the cake. It does raise some red flags unfortunately.

Yes, that was me in the chat. I'm not sure what to think about all those bold claims. In the moment you just have to say "wow!" but ever since this latest controversy about the Lakota people being out of the blue about all of this, @Mazacoin "suddenly" disappeared and stopped tweeting and replying to people confronting him about the article.

jokerg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:29:29 AM

can someone explain something for me I don't under stand yet .. people say these coins are not based on fiat currency but there based on bitcoins price and bitcoins price is based on the dollar ...and im not seeing something. I no they have a limit to how many can be made but what if the dollar does fall what happens then? how will pricing on them be then? will they still be bitcoins are worth this many dollars ? im guessing the term dollar wouldn't even be used any more .. but its not like bitcoins are based on gold . so isn't really a made up fiat currency to . I just don't get it
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:31:29 AM

Yes, that was me in the chat. I'm not sure what to think about all those bold claims. In the moment you just have to say "wow!" but ever since this latest controversy about the Lakota people being out of the blue about all of this, @Mazacoin "suddenly" disappeared and stopped tweeting and replying to people confronting him about the article.

Yeah, both @mazacoin and @CryptoDirect (the pirate) stopped all tweets few hours ago when the news about them not being supported by the tribe officials was released. Not a good sign.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:31:38 AM

haha keiser
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:32:45 AM

Who exactly is Payu Harris?
Allow me to help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=payu+harris

#Bitcoin
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:37:13 AM

How to not get sarcasm: by Herp.
Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:39:03 AM

Still buying up from 4-5 Grin. Don't see it going any lower with huge potential.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

https://www.facebook.com/NYCoin/photos/a.182368975304718.1073741827.182364248638524/216653298542952/?type=1&theater

Such a serious and solid face.

Needs a fitting meme
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: