Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] H2O Coin |Yahoo!Finance & more| DGW + Scrypt-N - *DONATED 17.5BTC*  (Read 247094 times)
Black Tongue

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:58:12 PM

Just donated 200K H2O in the fund  Smiley
We're getting closer, I'll keep you updated.

Exchange with me on twitter : @BlackT0ngue
Jake_Shake

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:32:51 AM

Awesome Black Tongue!

People have been soaking 'em up, (pun intended) over at altcoingiveaways!

Just like the mission of this coin, H2Ocoin thrives on the charitable actions of others. Let's keep this coin in the foreground!

Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:07:33 PM

So?Huh

Are we celebrating CWC de-listing from Mintpal voting???

Now we can move one to be #1 water coin!!!!

Let's go... let's get to mintpal already
Black Tongue

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:58:35 PM

So?Huh

It won't be good for us to get on Mintpal at the moment. We need to have solid foundations (which we haven't) to avoid being toyed by market manipulators. We don't want the coi nto die once we go on a big exchange like Mintpal.

We still aiming to be the #1 charity coin but we'll need to be more than just a coin that proclaim itself a charity coin. Actions speak louder than words and we'll need proper innovations and proper acts to prove it. That's what I'm working on at the moment and I will very soon showcase my plan to rebuild this coin's momentum to the team and if accepted, I will display it publicly for you to know where we are going.
I already talked about it on IRC and the feedback was positive, now I'm trying to be more precise by making a timeline and going into details. We'll need the supporters to be patient. It takes some time to do that work and making it easily understandable through charts.  Wink

Awesome Black Tongue!

Just like the mission of this coin, H2Ocoin thrives on the charitable actions of others. Let's keep this coin in the foreground!

Great ! I just saw the thread on acg.com, nice idea ! I hope they will keep it and help the coin grow.
Could you tell them that we are soon planning a mining marathon and that their hashing power will be needed when it will take place ?

And I just put another 200K on the fund but I'm running out of H2O. If more people could give to the fund, it would be nice  Smiley
95% of what I mine goes there. I hope people will appreciate the gesture.

gatt13

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

I also just donated 200k to the fund  Smiley

(Pinkcoin) 2YiJNXmXhzUGYwswPaR2beL4fUmfRvCqrF
   @abilliondoge
Jake_Shake

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:59:38 AM

So?Huh

It won't be good for us to get on Mintpal at the moment. We need to have solid foundations (which we haven't) to avoid being toyed by market manipulators. We don't want the coi nto die once we go on a big exchange like Mintpal.

We still aiming to be the #1 charity coin but we'll need to be more than just a coin that proclaim itself a charity coin. Actions speak louder than words and we'll need proper innovations and proper acts to prove it. That's what I'm working on at the moment and I will very soon showcase my plan to rebuild this coin's momentum to the team and if accepted, I will display it publicly for you to know where we are going.
I already talked about it on IRC and the feedback was positive, now I'm trying to be more precise by making a timeline and going into details. We'll need the supporters to be patient. It takes some time to do that work and making it easily understandable through charts.  Wink

Awesome Black Tongue!

Great ! I just saw the thread on acg.com, nice idea ! I hope they will keep it and help the coin grow.
Could you tell them that we are soon planning a mining marathon and that their hashing power will be needed when it will take place ?

And I just put another 200K on the fund but I'm running out of H2O. If more people could give to the fund, it would be nice  Smiley
95% of what I mine goes there. I hope people will appreciate the gesture.

Very awesome guys! And an extra special thanks to Black Tongue! I am about to head back into that forum as I'm almost done with that giveaway. I will certainly mention your fantastic plan to reward those who mine. =)

To all: If you have GPUs right now you're in a bit of a precarious spot. Even for someone who just wants to dump coins as soon as they've mined them, there's not a solid coin you can mine right now that covers much than the electricity. Mine H2Ocoin. You'll still be in the running for a soon to be valuable coin And you'll be performing an act of charity.

Also, if you're hesitant to mine H2Ocoin because it's scrypt -n, don't be. Sure you can dial in your cards just like you did when mining scrypt, and get those cards running like a champ, but your existing scrypt settings will actually work fine, you'll just be mining at about 90%, which if you factor in the amazing incentive Black Tongue is offering, it's a no-brainer! So don't fret about redoing your GPU settings, just get signed-up at a H2Ocoin pool and get your rigs going!
pete26

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:39:54 PM

Today, H2o went up in price a bit ... Finally some up movement. Keep your coins guys and don't sell cheap!
Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

Today, H2o went up in price a bit ... Finally some up movement. Keep your coins guys and don't sell cheap!

+1
Black Tongue

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

Thanks. That will be helpful  Smiley

I'll finish my charts tomorrow and will be showcasing my "plan" to the team and to TWC this week-end and put it up for debate on IRC to know where are the strengths and where are the flaws. It should be positive from the early feedback I had when stating my ideas but I don't want to be too positive yet. Let's just hope that I'm not stupid and it will be positively seen and that good news will support the upward trend.

After that (and maybe some minor changes), I will be showcasing it here, for you all to debate and express yourselves about it. It will important for you to tell me what you think and if we are heading to the right direction with it.

I also noticed that the network hashrate rose a little bit which is already a good news itself. Let's keep mining it. Thanks to all the new miners that came with their hashing power to support the coin. You will not be disappointed.

MINING MARATHON
About the giveaway, I hope that we'll pass the 3M H2O mark in order to have enough funds to start it. The problem right now is that 1.85M is good but not enough in case there is a strong response resulting in a big jump in the network hashrate. I don't want to deceive people by not being able to pay the bonuses if there is not enough H2O in the fund... There already has been fails and I don't want to hurt the coin by failing again because I rushed things... Ultimately, 4M would be perfect but it would require more donations...

pete26

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:09:25 AM

N-scrypt coins are on the rise! Thank you Scrypt ASICS!
Continue to fight my overheating issues.
Hoping for my 2x140mm cooling fans to arrive tomorrow so I can join the H2o mining crew for a bit!
gatt13

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:30:23 PM

Once I get home I'll donate another 400k to the fund.  Love where this coin is headed.

@abilliondoge
Jake_Shake

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:57:16 PM

Once I get home I'll donate another 400k to the fund.  Love where this coin is headed.
Thanks. That will be helpful  Smiley

I'll finish my charts tomorrow and will be showcasing my "plan" to the team and to TWC this week-end and put it up for debate on IRC to know where are the strengths and where are the flaws. It should be positive from the early feedback I had when stating my ideas but I don't want to be too positive yet. Let's just hope that I'm not stupid and it will be positively seen and that good news will support the upward trend.

After that (and maybe some minor changes), I will be showcasing it here, for you all to debate and express yourselves about it. It will important for you to tell me what you think and if we are heading to the right direction with it.

I also noticed that the network hashrate rose a little bit which is already a good news itself. Let's keep mining it. Thanks to all the new miners that came with their hashing power to support the coin. You will not be disappointed.

MINING MARATHON
About the giveaway, I hope that we'll pass the 3M H2O mark in order to have enough funds to start it. The problem right now is that 1.85M is good but not enough in case there is a strong response resulting in a big jump in the network hashrate. I don't want to deceive people by not being able to pay the bonuses if there is not enough H2O in the fund... There already has been fails and I don't want to hurt the coin by failing again because I rushed things... Ultimately, 4M would be perfect but it would require more donations...

I've got another 100k coins to go in the pot as well! Keep it going Black Tongue, our hashrate is already on the rise!

Keep the momentum going folks! Just like the real H2O we can carve canyons and have a real world impact. Everybody is a droplet, let's combine our efforts and surge to the top!

Easy things you can do that will have the ripple effect, (or the butterfly effect, if you're corny):

Tweet. #H2Ocoin generates curiosity. Curiosity fuels speculators.

Be proud, show your crypto-colors and represent. Facebook is an excellent platform.

Be a proponent of #H2Ocoin - we're going to show the pump and dumpsters how to do it, which is to pump it, Not dump it, donate it and Make a Difference.

We don't need votes to get onto Mintpal, yet. Keep your voting fingers ready, though.

Think about it, we all support crypto/BTC, that's why we're here, in these forums. Combine your support of crypto with your interest in charity, specifically getting quality drinking water to those without access and voilà! You have H2Ocoin. =)

We got this.
gatt13

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:55:01 PM

Just wanted to update I wasn't able to send the 400k to the fund...
I sent 500k instead  Grin Grin

@abilliondoge
coinmaker33

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:05:41 PM

This is simply an awesome team effort and I foresee the crypto community getting behind this reinvigoration of a worthwhile coin with charity at its core!

A massive shout out to Blacktongue, Gatt13, Jake_Shake and many others!

Keep up the great work and we'll soon see the fruits of the hard work flowing to all!!

Team H2O - Lets flood the promo channels and build this community back up again!

Think charity, think water, think H2Ocoins! Smiley

Rockin the Bitcointalk Community
pete26

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:33:40 PM

Instead of using more harsh words I would say this: Some "uneducated" miners continues selling H2o extremely cheap...currently 50% price drop for the past 24 hours! Sad
Black Tongue

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

I also just donated 200k to the fund  Smiley
Thanks Wink
Just wanted to update I wasn't able to send the 400k to the fund...
I sent 500k instead  Grin Grin
Yes !  Grin

This is simply an awesome team effort and I foresee the crypto community getting behind this reinvigoration of a worthwhile coin with charity at its core!

A massive shout out to Blacktongue, Gatt13, Jake_Shake and many others!

Keep up the great work and we'll soon see the fruits of the hard work flowing to all!!

Team H2O - Lets flood the promo channels and build this community back up again!

Think charity, think water, think H2Ocoins! Smiley
I put another 200K and will do so until we start !
We are at 3.5M at the moment and we'll reach 4M in the next few days, so it's safe to say we'll be starting the mining marathon in the next few days ! I'll have to talk to TWC to set this up properly and for everything to go smootly. But stay tuned.
Everything will be announced on ThisWeeksCoin.com and possibly on h2ocoins.org (which will know a big update soon).

Instead of using more harsh words I would say this: Some "uneducated" miners continues selling H2o extremely cheap...currently 50% price drop for the past 24 hours! Sad

Don't worry about that. It will rise again hopefully. With the upcoming changes the coin we'll make. Unfortunately, the value is low at the moment, but I believe we'll be able to make it rise, through an increasing hashrate thanks to the "mining marathon" and thanks to changes and new features coming in the coin. Let's be pro active and I'm sure, the price will rise.  Smiley

----

For those interested, I'm on IRC right now ("#h2ocoin", on Freenode) and will be for another few hours if you want to discuss about the upcoming plan. I shown my charts and it's pretty positive for the moment so I will be able to display them tomorrow after a few changes.

EDIT : We are at 3.6M. Thanks to the person who just donated 100K Smiley
http://cryptexplorer.com/address/HTAKTQYJBq6XNpHCo5GjJkzGj5ZADfWpry

pete26

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:07:59 AM

I am not worried about the price... It is going to go through the roof at some point Smiley I appreciate what the team you are part of is doing! What you guys are adding to the coin is called humanity and this can go a long way! All I am worried is I am still not able to mine N-script (haven't been mining H2o since begging of the month...) so not to complain more just gonna buy some H2o... What better time to buy than now Wink
gatt13

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:32:05 PM

Just sent another 240k+ to the fund.  We're almost at 4 million, I know we can get there  Smiley

@abilliondoge
Black Tongue

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:14:10 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 10:35:19 PM by Black Tongue

After discussing about it in IRC and having modified some, here are my charts. Not really "charts" but more graphic stuff. @ThisWeeksCoin's being currently concerned by floods where he lives, I couldn't really discuss the ideas with him though I was able to showcase him my plan before posting them here.

More important, the following are all ideas I which we could implement in order, this is open to debate, to discussion by the community.

1. SEMANTICS
So first I had a simple idea about how dealing with big numbers with H2O :

1 drop = 1,000 droplet = 1,000,000 H2O  Grin

2. THE WHOLE IDEA
Then, here's the main idea that I thought could really help the coin :

3a. 1ST NEW FEATURE : THE DONATION FEE
I want this to be the core of the coin. Every transactions should help charities. I wanted to have a minimum of 0.000% for those who wouldn't want to donate but ultimately, it's the heart of the coin, so the minimum would be 0.001% which is really low in my opinion.

3b. 2ND NEW FEATURE : A MORE DYNAMIC WALLET
To have last infos on donations & charities and also to have more transactions visible because 3 is a kinda low number. Main tool.

3c. 3RD NEW FEATURE : A POW/POS PROTOCOL
Similar to Peercoin. I think having the possibility to both mine and hold is really a great thing (on top of being able to purchase or trade). As donations being tied to every types of transactions, having diverse ways to activate the donation fee would maximize the charity aspect of the coin.

4. COLOR SCHEME
I want the coin to be the more recognizable possible and therefore to have the same color scheme everywhere from the website, the wallet, the reddit, the logo etc.
I liked the wallet design which was simple and I liked the icons, therefore I think we should keep those colors as the official coin's from now on.
a. the blue is : #488bcd (RVB)
b. the dark grey is : #4c4c4c (RVB)
c. the light grey is : #c4c1bd (RVB)

I tried to recolour the logo with this scheme using the existing one, here's how it is with the new color (I couldn't find the font, so I used one I liked). It's not as shiny as the existing one !  Grin

Black Tongue

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:17:25 PM

Just sent another 240k+ to the fund.  We're almost at 4 million, I know we can get there  Smiley
Thanks !
I will send 200K tomorrow and we'll finally pass the 4M bar level. I'll have to talk to TWC to set a date and for him to announce him officially but hopefully, this will start in the next few days.

http://cryptexplorer.com/address/HTAKTQYJBq6XNpHCo5GjJkzGj5ZADfWpry

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: