Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you have been Zhoutonged?  (Read 26405 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 04:59:06 PM

i think we're going higher based upon the number of investors logged in at mtgox (double normal), the volatile up spikes occurring more frequently, the reappearance of the bid wall, my sense that alot of USD were wired to mtgox at the end of last week, and whats occurring in the general economy via the USD fall resuming, the UST selloff, and the overall RISK ON sentiment.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 05:23:18 PM

vol is way up///

get ready for an explosion upward...
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:29:59 PM

the other thing you're up against is being Zhoutonged.  with all this volatility at this relatively low price level, shorts will be taken out and shot at each spike in volatility.  its you or him.

Like I said, your hopes of seeing $30 are unrealistic. You certainly have more to gain in an upswing, but that's only if bitcoin actually survives.

Second, you really, really need to stop acting like you know what you're talking about. It's extremely easy for an inexperienced trader to calculate relative volatility over the last month, and figure out how far they should be leveraged to avoid a margin call. Margin calls are the mistake of the investor, not the evil of the broker.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:54:57 PM

the other thing you're up against is being Zhoutonged.  with all this volatility at this relatively low price level, shorts will be taken out and shot at each spike in volatility.  its you or him.

Like I said, your hopes of seeing $30 are unrealistic. You certainly have more to gain in an upswing, but that's only if bitcoin actually survives.

Second, you really, really need to stop acting like you know what you're talking about. It's extremely easy for an inexperienced trader to calculate relative volatility over the last month, and figure out how far they should be leveraged to avoid a margin call. Margin calls are the mistake of the investor, not the evil of the broker.

i don't suppose you're feeling the Squeeze are you?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 09:54:57 PM

mtgoxlives's connected = 918

somethings brewing...
BitMagic

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 11:45:05 PM

i don't suppose you're feeling the Squeeze are you?

No, I'm not. I'm happily up, without a single margin call. And I don't suppose you just ignore all legitimate demolitions of your non-factual claims, do you? (If you don't, please tell me how margin calls are the fault of big, bad Bitcoinica again?)

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 12:13:01 AM

somethings brewing...

I set all the university computers' homepages to mtgoxlive.  I think you're right that something's brewing, but it's more likely a bunch of people are tuning in for the entertainment of the exchange value falling back to where it started.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 12:16:08 AM

somethings brewing...

I set all the university computers' homepages to mtgoxlive.  I think you're right that something's brewing, but it's more likely a bunch of people are tuning in for the entertainment of the exchange value falling back to where it started.

Do you really think it'll go to 6 cents again?!  Roll Eyes

(BFL)^2 < 0
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

Zhou:  how's this volatility affecting your clients?
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 02:01:48 PM

Those who trade on margin have already been wiped out long ago.

I don't see any significant problems even if the price increase to $4 or decrease to $1.5.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 02:06:08 PM

I don't see any significant problems even if the price increase to $4 or decrease to $1.5.

how about BitMagic who's been bragging about his margined acct?
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

Sorry, I can't disclose specific account information. You can ask him directly.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
BitMagic

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:21:51 PM

I am doing just fine, thanks! Never had a margin call, because I know what I am doing with my leverage.

Do you enjoy looking like an idiot, cypherdoc? I'm trying to figure out if it's just masochism or what.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:02:04 PM

I am doing just fine, thanks! Never had a margin call, because I know what I am doing with my leverage.

Do you enjoy looking like an idiot, cypherdoc? I'm trying to figure out if it's just masochism or what.

i usually stay away from the Spec forum to avoid idiots like you but its kinda fun to mess up all the planned Bear raids.
BitMagic

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:33:43 PM

i usually stay away from the Spec forum to avoid idiots like you but its kinda fun to mess up all the planned Bear raids.

Keep it coming, friend. You may yet reach Atlas status.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:40:00 PM

said like a true short seller.
BitMagic

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:45:24 PM

Uh, I'm holding a long position. Don't you look like an idiot.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:48:19 PM

Uh, I'm holding a long position. Don't you look like an idiot.

obviously, but 10:1 you're net short otherwise you  wouldn't be getting so angry at a Bull like me who keeps messing up your grand plans.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 04:52:33 PM

cypherdoc aren't a bull. Bulls don't squeak.
BitMagic

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:59:25 PM

obviously, but 10:1 you're net short otherwise you  wouldn't be getting so angry at a Bull like me who keeps messing up your grand plans.

What "grand plans" do I have that you don't, exactly? I'm not angry at anyone. Your predictions are fine, I'm only showing the hypocrisy of your position: If you care about the price rising, you care about making money on your investment. If you care about making money, you shouldn't care about making it on the way up, or on the way down. You have always been the "childish" speculator you so deride.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: