Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:56:44 AM

Does Supasta like free coins?? I like free coins!

The Einsteinium Reddit page has been completely redesigned and is now ready for primetime! To get things rolling properly, we are giving the first 100 Redditors 100 EMC2! Just make a new post in our subreddit explaining why you love Einsteinium (along with your wallet code) and we will send you 100 EMC2!

What are you waiting for? GO POST NOW!

http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium

Grin

The reddit page is ON FIRE! Get in on the action while the coins are still flowing!

http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium

Developing the future of crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:58:29 AM

I know that promotion for the coin is a very important part, but why does the dev try to ignore the technical part of the coin??
KnCminer just upgrades the Titan miner from 100Mhs to 250Mhs. You know what that means for scrypt coins?

In next 2 months, the most of us, normal / small miners who supported the coin from the start will be leaved and raped by just one Titan miner. Who will still support this coin at that time?? You think the profit miner who purchase those monsters will support the coin by mining it even if it is no longer profitable Huh

I still want to support this coin and still holding my 50k EMC2, but I don't think I can continue for long. To be honest I'm pretty sad that nobody in this thread cares about this.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:06:03 AM

If you are going to support the coin, you need to follow this thread (as in read all posts) or you'll miss the important updates...   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.msg5930993#msg5930993

-tb-

ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:07:00 AM

I know that promotion for the coin is a very important part, but why does the dev try to ignore the technical part of the coin??
KnCminer just upgrades the Titan miner from 100Mhs to 250Mhs. You know what that means for scrypt coins?

In next 2 months, the most of us, normal / small miners who supported the coin from the start will be leaved and raped by just one Titan miner. Who will still support this coin at that time?? You think the profit miner who purchase those monsters will support the coin by mining it even if it is no longer profitable Huh

I still want to support this coin and still holding my 50k EMC2, but I don't think I can continue for long. To be honest I'm pretty sad that nobody in this thread cares about this.

AizenSou,

We care deeply about the concerns of our miners. As such we have been discussing thoroughly the prospect of switching over to the x11 algorithm. These discussions were started here (bitcointalk) from miners in the thread and have since been carried over into extensive conversation within the foundation.

An official announcement has not come from us regarding a change in algorithm (yet). That being said, please feel comfort in knowing that we will choose the best technology that suits our community best. If it were me, I would't be too worried about that Titan miner if you stick with Einsteinium.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

- Ryan Wright

Developing the future of crypto.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:10:06 AM

AizenSou,

We care deeply about the concerns of our miners. As such we have been discussing thoroughly the prospect of switching over to the x11 algorithm. These discussions were started here (bitcointalk) from miners in the thread and have since been carried over into extensive conversation within the foundation.

An official announcement has not come from us regarding a change in algorithm (yet). That being said, please feel comfort in knowing that we will choose the best technology that suits our community best. If it were me, I would't be too worried about that Titan miner if you stick Einsteinium.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

- Ryan Wright

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the information. I was absent for one week and don't follow the thread properly. I'm glad that the devs think about us small miners so we can continue to support the coin. That's great.
gizz_

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:12:50 AM

Please, support Einsteinium at:

mintpal
 - You can vote 5 times per hour, must be registered.
Cryptsy
 - You must be registered.

Donations are welcome • EMC2: EcXytMHJR4F3uxxH1EoTVFRGYisGUHFsh6 • Thank you

einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:16:25 AM

If you are going to support the coin, you need to follow this thread (as in read all posts) or you'll miss the important updates...   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.msg5930993#msg5930993

-tb-

Thank you wise man. Its great to have people like you around this thread.

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:37:17 AM

A few things we would like to prepare people for if x11 happens.

This can take time, maybe longer than most people would like. Development is not like waving a magic wand, and hard forks such as this one take additional time and testing. In addition there is a time that is needed to communicate with everybody involved. miners, exchanges, pools, etc. As much as people say make this ASAP, there is a point to making sure this is done right and things go smoothly. We have great developers, but having great developers also means the community needs to have reasonable understanding that not all development is easy, and our developers have lives outside of crypto too.

Einsteinium.org
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:46:28 AM

This can take time, maybe longer than most people would like. Development is not like waving a magic wand, and hard forks such as this one take additional time and testing. In addition there is a time that is needed to communicate with everybody involved. miners, exchanges, pools, etc. As much as people say make this ASAP, there is a point to making sure this is done right and things go smoothly. We have great developers, but having great developers also means the community needs to have reasonable understanding that not all development is easy, and our developers have lives outside of crypto too.

I agree. I don't even want this done ASAP (though I do want to see it done).
Take time so that everyone will know about it and it is done correctly.
KadiumRA

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:02:47 AM

Hello all. 

This is my first post related to EMC2, but I have been mining it for about a week now and reading through the main forum discussions, so I'm somewhat up to speed on the concerns being voiced about switching away from the scrypt algorithm.  From what I've read so far, it seems that the community is ready to jump to X11.  But what I haven't read, is a detailed technical argument by someone who really understands the difference between the various algorithms available.  Voting is a great way to build consensus and strengthen the community, but it does not always guarantee the best course of action is taken, particularly when the voters have a lack of detailed knowledge on the subject matter.  Let me say right now that I am no expert in the field of crytos or algorithms or computer science at all.  I am a control systems engineer by trade and a supporter of cryptos because I believe their integration into societies will help to create better environments than current monetary systems are providing for 99% of the worlds population.  That out of the way, I would like to suggest that this decision not be made in haste by the developers, and that the community discussing this switch understand and agree WHY the switch is being made before deciding WHAT to switch to.

From what I've read on the EMC2 forums thus far, it appears that almost everyone agrees that ASICs are bad news for the future of this coin and most scrypt coins in general.  I agree with this sentiment from both a miners perspective, and a 'historical' perspective.  That is, scrypt was an alternative algorithm to SHA-256 initially implemented to prevent (or at least resist) the ASIC generated potential of centralizing a blockchain network.  It goes without saying that blockchain networks must remain distributed to preserve the trust-less encryption protocol that is their genius.  The instant that a 51% condition arises, is the instant that a blockchain network becomes incapable of performing its primary function as a trust-less verification system.  Thus preventing a 51% condition via integration of ASICs into the network becomes the single most important reason to switch algorithms now that ASICs are on the horizon.  Thus to me it seems, whatever algorithm the developers decide to switch to, should be the one that is most resistant to ASICs.  If multiple algos have near identical ASIC resistivity, then and only then, should features such as power consumption be considered.

So the question then becomes, which algorithm is the most ASIC resistant?  And just as important, who is qualified to answer that question?  I don't feel comfortable voting on this topic because I have no idea what the answer is.  I could search around the internet and read article after article and become more informed, but then I'm dependent upon the authors presentation of the information, which may or may not be completely accurate.  I could read white papers by the developers of different algos, but when I tried reading the Bitcoin white paper, I had to skim it because I lack the vocabulary to understand the details presented.  I could invest some serious time and fully educate myself on encryption algorithms, why RAM is necessary and how its circumvented, and how it all relates to blockchains, but there's no need for me to do that when people with that knowledge already exist.  So the duty of the Einsteinium development team then becomes to seek out the experts on this subject and get first hand information so that they increase the likelihood of choosing the best course of action.  From my understanding, experts on this subject are very forthcoming with their knowledge, as evidenced by the plethora of open source code they release, and can be readily found drinking spiked punch at Bitcoin conventions and crypto Meet-ups.

I know it feels like time is pressing and a decision must be made now, but this coin has a purpose based in love and a strong supporting community, it will survive a few ASIC whales long enough to allow the necessary time to gather quality information and make an informed decision.

I'm happy to have found this coin and look forward to becoming a part of the community.
ubel

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:29:09 AM

Hello all. 

This is my first post related to EMC2, but I have been mining it for about a week now and reading through the main forum discussions, so I'm somewhat up to speed on the concerns being voiced about switching away from the scrypt algorithm.  From what I've read so far, it seems that the community is ready to jump to X11.  But what I haven't read, is a detailed technical argument by someone who really understands the difference between the various algorithms available.  Voting is a great way to build consensus and strengthen the community, but it does not always guarantee the best course of action is taken, particularly when the voters have a lack of detailed knowledge on the subject matter.  Let me say right now that I am no expert in the field of crytos or algorithms or computer science at all.  I am a control systems engineer by trade and a supporter of cryptos because I believe their integration into societies will help to create better environments than current monetary systems are providing for 99% of the worlds population.  That out of the way, I would like to suggest that this decision not be made in haste by the developers, and that the community discussing this switch understand and agree WHY the switch is being made before deciding WHAT to switch to.

From what I've read on the EMC2 forums thus far, it appears that almost everyone agrees that ASICs are bad news for the future of this coin and most scrypt coins in general.  I agree with this sentiment from both a miners perspective, and a 'historical' perspective.  That is, scrypt was an alternative algorithm to SHA-256 initially implemented to prevent (or at least resist) the ASIC generated potential of centralizing a blockchain network.  It goes without saying that blockchain networks must remain distributed to preserve the trust-less encryption protocol that is their genius.  The instant that a 51% condition arises, is the instant that a blockchain network becomes incapable of performing its primary function as a trust-less verification system.  Thus preventing a 51% condition via integration of ASICs into the network becomes the single most important reason to switch algorithms now that ASICs are on the horizon.  Thus to me it seems, whatever algorithm the developers decide to switch to, should be the one that is most resistant to ASICs.  If multiple algos have near identical ASIC resistivity, then and only then, should features such as power consumption be considered.

So the question then becomes, which algorithm is the most ASIC resistant?  And just as important, who is qualified to answer that question?  I don't feel comfortable voting on this topic because I have no idea what the answer is.  I could search around the internet and read article after article and become more informed, but then I'm dependent upon the authors presentation of the information, which may or may not be completely accurate.  I could read white papers by the developers of different algos, but when I tried reading the Bitcoin white paper, I had to skim it because I lack the vocabulary to understand the details presented.  I could invest some serious time and fully educate myself on encryption algorithms, why RAM is necessary and how its circumvented, and how it all relates to blockchains, but there's no need for me to do that when people with that knowledge already exist.  So the duty of the Einsteinium development team then becomes to seek out the experts on this subject and get first hand information so that they increase the likelihood of choosing the best course of action.  From my understanding, experts on this subject are very forthcoming with their knowledge, as evidenced by the plethora of open source code they release, and can be readily found drinking spiked punch at Bitcoin conventions and crypto Meet-ups.

I know it feels like time is pressing and a decision must be made now, but this coin has a purpose based in love and a strong supporting community, it will survive a few ASIC whales long enough to allow the necessary time to gather quality information and make an informed decision.

I'm happy to have found this coin and look forward to becoming a part of the community.

I really like your post and I have the same concerns.
A big +1 from my side!
HwM

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

ASAP does not mean: now.

Therefor asap includes thorough testing ensuring the fork is done right and of course a feasible timeframe for everyone to prepare.

Funding the Future With the Future of Currency.
Aosilu Houdali

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:25:25 AM

Thanks for this important question.
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:47:25 AM

ASAP does not mean: now.

Therefor asap includes thorough testing ensuring the fork is done right and of course a feasible timeframe for everyone to prepare.

+
Lots of work ahead, and a lot of moments must be provided
poiuty

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:57:48 AM

http://emc2.poiuty.com
New emc2 mpos pool.
Fee 0%, stratum. Welcome!

jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:00:02 AM

http://emc2.poiuty.com
New emc2 mpos pool.
Fee 0%, stratum. Welcome!

any block finder bonus?

I'm on a pool now that give me a 5 coin bonus for each block found and I find a LOT of blocks!

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
sunny168

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:13:17 AM

I am under the impression that:
1: ASICS will just Bazinga! the KGW making difficulty rise.
2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy. TnDUjkChyprmKfhMvE5vDJWBvYK2qawCXA
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:26:53 AM

I love this pool!

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Block Reward Bonus: 0.25%

EDIT: We are currently offering a 0.25% block reward bonus for the next 4 hours. A bonus that pays everyone who contributes to the block not just the block finder. If you already with us, prepare to get some more free EMC2 in your payouts, if you still havent signed up, you're missing out on free EMC2 handouts. To confirm that we're actually paying you, everyone will see 'bonus' transactions in their accounts. Enjoy.

P.S. Server migration is complete. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
derbrause

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:33:59 AM

I am under the impression that:
1: ASICS will just Bazinga! the KGW making difficulty rise.
2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

Please dont forget that the block target time is still the same - therefor the amount of mined coins will be exact the same Smiley

EMC2: ESnKiK1Bbd1qt8h2bUNPvymy4aFPoAuQRo
Join the Einsteinium - Community! - Einsteinium.org - bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708
derbrause

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:35:19 AM

Hello all. 

Quoted just so everyone can read this super comment.
Thumbsup!

EMC2: ESnKiK1Bbd1qt8h2bUNPvymy4aFPoAuQRo
Join the Einsteinium - Community! - Einsteinium.org - bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: