Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 08:44:17 AM

Don't worry, on my mental ignore list already.

I'm looking into the blockchain explorer http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org now, balances for several pub keys are odd. At least I think it needs to run it's node behind once with a -rescan flag, if still not equal probably the local DB is messed and a new download of the chain might be necessary.

Edit:

Example here (have a fresh download locally with the privkey inside wallet.dat from the beginning)

http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org/address/EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az

where there everything is fine and matching my local balance:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/emc2/address.dws?EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az.htm

That was one of the things on my to do list for today, just a quick check over the client on the server.

Block explorer will be offline for a short while, I will pip back when it's back up.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:08:17 AM

As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well.

For non-miners: There was some guy mining into an address published here before utilising a flaw in the nodes. Remarkably this explicit flaw I have never published, nor did I talk to others about it. At the end he was creating a new mempool entry with a looped transaction, created the corresponding block based on this modified merkle root and ran ahead of the chain so all (known) pool blocks got orphaned even minutes after the network accepted them. Wasn't that perfect at first he was able to catch 8-10 blocks, later on he was able to control the whole chain.

Research did not get any evidence, but some indications on the MO. So what I know and confirmed is that the other major pools are using customised stratum software. Now there are several sources, but anyone needs to be adapted to the EMC2 specs while still providing the possibility to add free text (flags) to the coinbase, this is configurable in the common distributions. According to this flags, the culprit is using the "officially supported" Stratum codebase. This finding got some kind of importance because this repo is old and actually he is the only one known to us using it. We can say this because on one hand he is flagging the coinbase "/stratumPool/" which is the default in ahmedbodi's configuration, on the other hand he is as well flagging "/P2SH/" which on this specific live development was removed years ago. Bottom line: this combination is only used on the original Einsteinium repository, a fork in between and the current one.

Conclusion is, this guy or anyone copying his MO is not only able to claim all mined blocks but also control the chain (e.g. change consensus) since in this situation it is centralised. And it can be done at any time.

While not being childish enough to get myself a fake account just to read the slack, it's been reported that I'm being propagated responsible for all those happenings. Well that isn't the case, my blocks (the few which are created right now, got all power out) are signed differently not only in the coinbase flags, but in other places as well.

Nevertheless, if miners (and I'm trying to approach Suprnova here again) finally come to the conclusion that action is necessary, the offer is still there. Taking back the chain to the community might require a little bit more progressive measures as it went that far, my email is public.
Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:19:43 AM

There's a ghost of a chance a random guy could create a looped transaction, being just an outside miner. It must have been an inside job in the finest, exploit by someone who had the access to the pool backend. If anybody thinks this incident has no precedent they must be new to crypto. In most cases hacks that happen to pools are conducted by pool operators.
HashUnlimited

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:25:11 AM

There's a ghost of a chance a random guy could create a looped transaction, being just an outside miner. It must have been an inside job in the finest, exploit by someone who had the access to the pool backend. If anybody thinks this incident has no precedent they must be new to crypto. In most cases hacks that happen to pools are conducted by pool operators.

You might got that first one wrong, by "looped transaction" I referred to a certain amount sent to his own privkey within one transaction. That can be done by anyone.

On the other, I tend to share the "insider" hypothesis but right now that's all speculation. At the end I'm pretty convinced that none of our "known" pools are involved, that's why I'm reaching out again for consensus and action.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 11:46:10 AM

As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well...

There is no coin that can defend against an attack. Crypto boys and girls are on the next level, all we mortals can do is try to avert their wrath by playing along nicely.

So ... I have seen and discussed the problem with PM-Tech, I have seen the solutions - both hard and soft fork and neither work perfectly, which sucks ass ...... However, this has nothing to do with EMC2 and all to do with crypto coding. --- Not to go into overdrive here, the new soft fork solution has a fix which works for LTC, but does not work for coins that have difficulty changes on every block.

There is no solution in fact, only workarounds and hope that Gods of Crypto like you enough to let you live in peace. Saying that, they also like a bit of online PvP, so just keep the fight clean without personal insults and we are golden.
-- Don't take this as "there is nothing we can do" ... I say, we have figured out the bugs and backdoors in the new fix, now to figure out how we do this better than everyone else ...

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
HashUnlimited

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well...

There is no coin that can defend against an attack. Crypto boys and girls are on the next level, all we mortals can do is try to avert their wrath by playing along nicely.

So ... I have seen and discussed the problem with PM-Tech, I have seen the solutions - both hard and soft fork and neither work perfectly, which sucks ass ...... However, this has nothing to do with EMC2 and all to do with crypto coding. --- Not to go into overdrive here, the new soft fork solution has a fix which works for LTC, but does not work for coins that have difficulty changes on every block.

There is no solution in fact, only workarounds and hope that Gods of Crypto like you enough to let you live in peace. Saying that, they also like a bit of online PvP, so just keep the fight clean without personal insults and we are golden.
-- Don't take this as "there is nothing we can do" ... I say, we have figured out the bugs and backdoors in the new fix, now to figure out how we do this better than everyone else ...

I'm a little more optimistic there, at least we could buy some time. Of course there are more things which need to be taken care of, but at some point we (you, us, them, however) need to start the cleanup. Don't forget, witness is sitting in the coinbase tx, that one at least helps us on the initial transaction.

EDIT: to make it more clear: If SegWit is enforced and other blocks are rejected, any attacker needs to use it as well. It got the advantage, that the merle root can not be manipulated like now anymore which makes the point of entry much more difficult.
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 03:48:45 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:36:11 PM by einsteinium

New article: THE ICO: AN EXPRESSION OF KOYAANISQATSI

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:57:14 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 08:34:15 AM by bluelab

Happy Friday everyone!

As a recap for the past week, and to keep the community up to date on our progress, we are continuing to address the Bittrex warning issue with a resolution imminent

Also, as I previously mentioned, this weekend we meet with Mike (PM-Tech) who is making the 8 hour drive into Belgrade from Austria.  We are grateful that Mike is making this effort and are looking forward to resolving our differences in a civilised and expeditious manner to the benefit of the community

In parallel, the Foundation continues to pursue its business development agenda, which is beginning to bear fruit

During our visit to Belgrade we will also be meeting with Maxeler (https://www.maxeler.com/products/), introduced to us by our host there, Dusan Milutinovic.  Dusan served for 5 years as CFO of Hemofarm, a pharmaceutical company with $250M in revenue and 2,484 employees

The meeting will serve to explore Maxeler’s computing technology solutions for a possible fit in scaling our network’s mining capacity.  Should everything go according to plan it should come as no surprise if in a year hashpower has increased a 100-fold.  Should interest prove mutual, as Maxeler has indicated interest in becoming involved in the crypto markets, I will fly in August to London, along with Alex (Varvarin), Dusan and Veljko Milutinovic, to meet with the company

Addtionally, a meeting with Pedja Andrijasevic, CTO and co-owner of Solely Local Networks Inc (http://solelylocal.com/), has been set up.  A Canadian company currently estimated at $110M, Solely is currently preparing for a public offering in September.  Pedja and I met last month and he is very interested in Einsteinium, particularly with regards to a big loyalty programme Solely is about to release

A meeting with the Belgrade Stock Exchange has also been set.  The exchange has taken an active trading position in Einsteinium and will likely become a channel for institutional funds into the coin in the mid term

Finally, a deal is currently being brokered with a payment scheduling provider to support EMC2.  The vendor’s application supports the development of arbitrarily complex payment workflows and will be transformed into an Einsteinium super-wallet, a first-of-breed product.  The proposal also includes negotiations with a company currently making retail bitcoin sales via credit cards.  Combined, the solution will represent a significant on-ramp for Einsteinium ownership in the public sector.  This will likely be the first project I recommend for our crowdfunding platform and it is so important that I’m currently exploring options to launch the software even before the platform is ready.  The software has been in development for 3 years and is almost ready

We are also meeting with people from the energy business - a group of small power plant owners. It should be obvious that access to cheap or zero-cost energy is important to us

Accompanying us will be Danielle Sremac, Vlada (Mr.Enigmatic) and a few other members from the marketing side.
Varvarin is coming here next week, and I will be very happy to see him too
Pictures will follow, next week

All the best,

Malden Trifunovic

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 06:35:53 AM

WHAT IS UNDER-HYPED IN CRYPTOCURRENCIES RIGHT NOW?

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:46:35 AM

Happy Friday everyone!

As a recap for the past week, and to keep the community up to date on our progress, we are continuing to address the Bittrex warning issue with a resolution imminent

Also, as I previously mentioned, this weekend we meet with Mike (PM-Tech) who is making the 8 hour drive into Belgrade from Austria.  We are grateful that Mike is making this effort and are looking forward to resolving our differences in a civilised and expeditious manner to the benefit of the community

In parallel, the Foundation continues to pursue its business development agenda, which is beginning to bear fruit

During our visit to Belgrade we will also be meeting with Maxeler (https://www.maxeler.com/products/), introduced to us by our host there, Dusan Milutinovic.  Dusan served for 5 years as CFO of Hemofarm, a pharmaceutical company with $250M in revenue and 2,484 employees

The meeting will serve to explore Maxeler’s computing technology solutions for a possible fit in scaling our network’s mining capacity.  Should everything go according to plan it should come as no surprise if in a year hashpower has increased a 100-fold.  Should interest prove mutual, as Maxeler has indicated interest in becoming involved in the crypto markets, I will fly in August to London, along with Alex (Varvarin), Dusan and Veljko Milutinovic, to meet with the company

Addtionally, a meeting with Pedja Andrijasevic, CTO and co-owner of Solely Local Networks Inc (http://solelylocal.com/), has been set up.  A Canadian company currently estimated at $110M, Solely is currently preparing for a public offering in September.  Pedja and I met last month and he is very interested in Einsteinium, particularly with regards to a big loyalty programme Solely is about to release

A meeting with the Belgrade Stock Exchange has also been set.  The exchange has taken an active trading position in Einsteinium and will likely become a channel for institutional funds into the coin in the mid term

Finally, a deal is currently being brokered with a payment scheduling provider to support EMC2.  The vendor’s application supports the development of arbitrarily complex payment workflows and will be transformed into an Einsteinium super-wallet, a first-of-breed product.  The proposal also includes negotiations with a company currently making retail bitcoin sales via credit cards.  Combined, the solution will represent a significant on-ramp for Einsteinium ownership in the public sector.  This will likely be the first project I recommend for our crowdfunding platform and it is so important that I’m currently exploring options to launch the software even before the platform is ready.  The software has been in development for 3 years and is almost ready

We are also meeting with people from the energy business - a group of small power plant owners. It should be obvious that access to cheap or zero-cost energy is important to us

Accompanying us will be Danielle Sremac, Vlada (Mr.Enigmatic) and a few other members from the marketing side.
Varvarin is coming here next week, and I will be very happy to see him too
Pictures will follow, next week

All the best,

Malden Trifunovic

woa this is awesome

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:50:36 AM

Happy Friday everyone!...

Happy Friday. Is my last in Amsterdam ... so sad Smiley

Very nice update.

bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 08:31:31 AM

Very nice update.

eh, Amsterdam is in our neighborhood
many more Fridays in Amsterdam to come

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:07:04 AM

http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org offline for awhile, re-indexing.

Explorer seems to be showing dates from 1970!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
DanielRamos1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:26:47 PM

Very nice update.

nice update ~ 50k emc2 Huh :\   ~ man are you new to dis? Cool
HashUnlimited

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:22:04 PM

just don't forget, power is nice but only half of the infrastructure required... my experience so far here in Serbia is that the internet connections are all laggy  Roll Eyes
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:17:38 AM

Very nice update.

nice update ~ 50k emc2 Huh :\   ~ man are you new to dis? Cool

I am now and don't worry, I'll borrow from Paul to pay Pete Smiley

just don't forget, power is nice but only half of the infrastructure required... my experience so far here in Serbia is that the internet connections are all laggy  Roll Eyes

I was going to open an ISP few years back (looked into fibre links and all, not expensive), but that went as well as my dev search last year Cheesy

uacoin

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

you shouldn't borrow, just rob the Paul and F*ck over Pete - it's better economic strategy
DanielRamos1

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:08:36 PM

^keep your faith, you paid half forwards ===>without your word illuminating truth ...we all walk in darkness~~~ :-D  did i not prove myself?
usellmecoinnow

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:37:30 PM

I ran across this coin in the course of research. It's growth has been quite impressive. Where most coins got a surge from the influx of newcomers, then started to trend downward, this has continued to grow, so I came to see what's responsible for this continued growth and now I'm just confused...

While the premise is nice, the marketing, website and complete lack of documentation regarding funding of scientific pursuits (who have received grants and for how much) along with successful double spend attack and the internet sissy fight between what to be EMC2 and some dude named Michael in the thread makes this project seem unprofessional and scammy. I'm not saying it IS scammy by any means, it just appears to be more of a nice way for the owner to get some $$$ when there's no documentation of investment into scientific pursuits of others. Particularly when I read "grants" in the explanation. In the end, you could simply create shell co's, "invest" in those companies, then say that they never produced results. There's also no stipulation regarding what scientific field(s) you are interested in funding. These seem like the basics for a foundation that's actively funding. Most organizations like this also have a ton of blog entries about the companies they're funding and updates on progress.

Additionally, I'm confused about the forking discussion... Is this happening? If so, then why? Will there be documentation of any companies funded and how much funding they're receiving? I expected to find this in the "science blog" section on your site ( https://www.emc2.foundation/science-blog/ ) but as you can see, it's just pictures of people at some science rally... One post, reposting pictures.

I'd love to invest long term in projects that are beneficial, but until the above things happen, I'm probably just going to daytrade the shit out of this coin until it ceases to be profitable, but as it stands I don't feel like it's a coin I want to have a balance of for more than 24 hours at a time.
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:02:41 PM

you shouldn't borrow, just rob the Paul and F*ck over Pete - it's better economic strategy

Anyone I spoke to over past year can come and say they did their part .. look .. Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: