Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:14:34 PM

So if this keeps up I smell a class action law suit against Poloniex and EMC2.

Seriously? Whatever your smoking, I want some! Patience is a virtue, learn it.

This has nothing to do with patience. This has everything to do with being shady. Neither Poloniex nor EMC2 has shown any bit of transparency during this fiasco. I've heard no official response from either. Instead, we have an exchange holding our money hostage without a peep out of them as to why. And EMC2 wont respond to emails to give their side of this either. So as  an investor you have do all kinds of leg work to find out what the hell is going on. It would be nice if one of  them would address their investors/customers and explain what the problem is. I guess we're all just supposed to trust them. As if the crypto market isn't shady at all and coins aren't delisted all the time for shady activity and people losing their money because of it.  This screams shady and it's poor business. And one more reason why all cyrpto's and exchanges will be regulated very soon, to protect investors. 

Imagine if E-trade suddenly froze trading of Google and wouldn't allow people to withdraw their money and gave zero explanation for it. In fact if this happened to Bitcoin it would be all over the news but since no one knows  EMC2 exists no one cares.  And I guarantee investors would lose faith in both and both prices would plummet.

The same answer was given on slack, reddit and facebook. The dev team is waiting for an answer from Poloniex to know what the problem is so they can solve it. The team can't give a clear answer if they don't know what the problem is. Open a ticket on poloniex and ask them to contact the dev team.
The team openly speak about the future projects and what's being done. I don't know what more they can do. Bittrex problem was solve last week(had to test it to make sure it worked). The new wallet should be announced soon and you can see the github was updated: https://github.com/emc2foundation

I've got some coin frozen on Polo too and was hoping to find some answers here.

I've been messing around with mining after a 4 year break and did a bit of EMC2 on pool.emc.foundation recently.  One question I have is are the wormhole events truly random or is timing know by some in advance?

Last week, about an hour before the event, I noticed the main guy there ramp up his KH/s to 23-25x his normal level.  It was an amazing increase to witness, I believe it was close to 31,000,000 Kh/s.  At one point it appeared to me that his hashing was 90% of the total network because we were hitting blocks almost every minute.  Then, about 45 minutes later the wormhole event started and the pool scored the first few wormhole blocks.  Then as word got out and total network hash significantly increased, we dropped back to normal block rate.

Seemed to me that it was a lucky coincidence to significantly ramp up and dominate hash 45-60 minutes before the event, unless the time was already known.  And I believe he had just met with the development group the week before, as evident by the group pictures a few threads back.  Or maybe it's a different person.  Anyways, maybe I'm wrong on this account and I apologize if so, but the coincidence shook my faith in 'transparency' of this coin and now the freeze at Polo - it just reinforces that the small guys usually get the short end of the stick.

Other members can explain it better but it's not completely random. People can determine the start of the next wormhole.

On Bittex the wallet is now blocked and they are speaking of a double spend attack and they are trying to sort it out with the devs.

The team contacted them with the updated code. This notice should be removed soon.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:46:08 PM

On Bittex the wallet is now blocked and they are speaking of a double spend attack and they are trying to sort it out with the devs.

The team contacted them with the updated code. This notice should be removed soon.

That's very good. Given the circumstances that message sounds quite allarming.

The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

That's very good. Given the circumstances that message sounds quite allarming.
It does sounds, but you'll notice that at any given time there's (at least) couple similar notices (either dsa, or wallet issues...). Rarely it's something really urgent. Than again, crypto trading platforms have to protect their customers, hence disabled depo/with. But in a first place, they have to protect themselves, which is understandable. Look, if every "attack" would be "real", there wouldn't exist more than half a dozen cryptocurrencies.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:33:01 AM

If the coin survives this attack (if there is an attack, as Bittrex has claimed), I think the foundation should seriously think for the future about securing enough hash power for the coin to be safe from 51% attacks. Ie to raise the necessary funds to pay for the hardware needed.
lemoon789

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

I hope I can move to the next high point. I have a large amount of money here, and I don't see any growth every day
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:57:03 AM

If the coin survives this attack (if there is an attack, as Bittrex has claimed), I think the foundation should seriously think for the future about securing enough hash power for the coin to be safe from 51% attacks. Ie to raise the necessary funds to pay for the hardware needed.

Hardware is ordered, just it is delivered in September, nothing available earlier. Need to monitor in the meanwhile and step in with rent power if needed.
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:45:44 PM

I hope I can move to the next high point. I have a large amount of money here, and I don't see any growth every day

I guess nobody can charge EMC2 of not having performed well in the past few months. From 100 sats to over 3000.  Grin

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
rysumm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:18:56 PM

No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:53:39 PM

No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:55:03 PM

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

Market for emc2 on ploniex is frozen my friend

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:23:01 PM

Market for emc2 on ploniex is frozen my friend

Indeed not too good for emc2 or for Poloniex have this much uncertainty. Quite surprising/concerning that they have not announced what is happening.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:17:27 PM

Quite surprising/concerning that they have not announced what is happening.

Quote from: djnocide

The same answer was given on slack, reddit and facebook. The dev team is waiting for an answer from Poloniex to know what the problem is so they can solve it. The team can't give a clear answer if they don't know what the problem is. Open a ticket on poloniex and ask them to contact the dev team.
The team openly speak about the future projects and what's being done. I don't know what more they can do. Bittrex problem was solve last week(had to test it to make sure it worked). The new wallet should be announced soon and you can see the github was updated: https://github.com/emc2foundation

[...]

Quote from: djnocide
We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

Bittrex problem is solved with the new release(in beta).

If a problem happen, the team work to solve it.

Just read topic carefully . Wink
rysumm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:45:25 PM

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 09:57:16 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 10:47:33 PM by einsteinium

IMPORTANT: Please download the new Einsteinium Wallet v0.13.3 released today, and support and secure EMC2 network. It is a major core update!

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!

If you think you can get an answer from poloniex, open a ticket and let us know what the answer is. We are not responsible for the lack of response from poloniex. When the problem on bittrex happened, the team was on constant communication with bittrex to solve the problem.
If the team doesn't have the reason why the coin was frozen, how do you expect them to solve the problem?

New wallet that result from the problem that happened on bittrex is available: https://www.emc2.foundation/wallets
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:42:41 PM

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!

If you think you can get an answer from poloniex, open a ticket and let us know what the answer is. We are not responsible for the lack of response from poloniex. When the problem on bittrex happened, the team was on constant communication with bittrex to solve the problem.
If the team doesn't have the reason why the coin was frozen, how do you expect them to solve the problem?

New wallet that result from the problem that happened on bittrex is available: https://www.emc2.foundation/wallets

I have to add that this update provides great enhancements, yet it's a "classic" update which still requires miners and merchants to update as well to utilise the full power, last but not least SegWit implementation. Security enhancements as well as features are all implemented requiring mining consensus, they include then timed transactions, even with multiple signatures. Out of the box it provides faster block downloads (currently at a new install around 2-3 hours), enhanced user interface, and many more.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:39:48 AM

Finally a really good wallet for EMC2. Now we just have to wait that Exchanges resurrect both trading and access to our coin.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:06:19 AM

This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

prolly cause you never paid your promoters what you owe ? lol   :\  hmmmm

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 06:29:28 AM

This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

prolly cause you never paid your promoters what you owe ? lol   :\  hmmmm

That was me not paying (kinda managed to forget after so many months).

After spending:
- 1,055,755 on giveaways
- 1,350,000 developers funds
- 450,000 "special funding" aka Mr. S

Apologies. Gap would have been filled, but frozen atm.

I don't know how to feel just now ... on one hand, I did warn something like this would happen if things go slow again.
On the other, I know we have capable developers now to fix almost everything and this experience is necessary in crypto.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 06:38:58 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 11:23:24 AM by Varvarin

Onwards .. doo eet

OMG It's SOOOO fast ... and sexy ... oh so sexy ...  Grin

Windows 10 users: If you get the blue box with "Don't Run" button, click on "more info", the tiny text below initial paragraph.

Addendum: New Install;-

Hardware: HP Envy 13-d008na Laptop (Highly Recommended 13"). SSD, Slowest 6th Gen i5 CPU Quad Core, 8GB RAM and 20MBit Wi-Fi ADSL.
Usage stats:
CPU: 7 - 10%
RAM: 759.7MB.
Network: Under 1Mbps

First 20,000 blocks took about 15 minutes to sync, since then they are speeding along around 50 a second from what I can gather. Will update total time taken for new wallet to sync up to date.

300,000 blocks in after 1 hour 15 minutes. Speed now over 100 blocks a second. - This is now 10x faster than previous version.

1 million blocks synced after 3 hours 10 minutes.

All done after 4 hours 15 minutes.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: