Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:30:38 PM

What do the latest cryptic messages in this thread actually mean?  Shocked

cheers to varvarin and bluelab!! *irps' got paid ...full speed ahead !!   Cool  satoshi bless!!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=EMC2_BTC

vs.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-emc2

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gmerk

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:13:10 AM

It was good while it lasted...

Ten satoshi, here we come...  Tongue

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:30:51 PM

It was good while it lasted...

Ten satoshi, here we come...  Tongue

You are too pessimist. I remember that it has touched 10 satoshis very rarely, 20 satoshis has been a stable floor for a loooong time.  Wink

rysumm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:09:55 PM

Hey Dev team,

I really hope you all are demanding info from Polo about the trading freeze and wallet freeze. Someone from the EMC2 Dev team should be flying down to the Polo HQ to demand answers if Polo won't respond to them. This does nothing but hurt EMC2 everyday that goes by that Polo has it frozen. It causes doubt in investor confidence and results in price decline on other exchanges. EMC2 dev team should be able to take legal action against Polo for causing investor confidence to decline since they can't give a reason for freezing the coin. Dev team please tell me you are doing more than just opening a ticket with Polo.   
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:22:08 PM

Hey Dev team,

I really hope you all are demanding info from Polo about the trading freeze and wallet freeze. Someone from the EMC2 Dev team should be flying down to the Polo HQ to demand answers if Polo won't respond to them. This does nothing but hurt EMC2 everyday that goes by that Polo has it frozen. It causes doubt in investor confidence and results in price decline on other exchanges. EMC2 dev team should be able to take legal action against Polo for causing investor confidence to decline since they can't give a reason for freezing the coin. Dev team please tell me you are doing more than just opening a ticket with Polo.  

really? ...

magic idea that ...

why dont we do that with all exchanges that do this in the future? ...

why dont we fly down to the USA and RUSSIA and NEW ZEALAND whenever a situation like this happens? ...

mate - you think these exchanges dont have enough crap to deal with on their own - than to have any one of us knocking on their door? ... that does NOTHING to speed things up - or get things done ...

tell you what - why dont you fly there yourself and do the same thing? ... easier said than done? ... not your responsibility? ... wont be able to do anything at all when you get there and see them - as they shrug their shoulders and say 'you have to wait in line like all the others'? ...

seriously ... some of the things i read in all these threads on here are quite bizarre ... this 'advice' you have given us all ( not just the dev team ) takes one of the bigger slices of the bizarre cake though ...

just cant stop shaking my head at that one ...

#crysx

rysumm

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:33:49 PM

Hey Dev team,

really? ...

magic idea that ...

why dont we fly down to the USA and RUSSIA and NEW ZEALAND whenever a situation like this happens? ...

mate - you think these exchanges dont have enough crap to deal with on their own - than to have any one of us knocking on their door? ... that does NOTHING to speed things up - or get things done ...

tell you what - why dont you fly there yourself and do the same thing? ... easier said than done? ... not your responsibility? ... wont be able to do anything at all when you get there and see them - as they shrug their shoulders and say 'you have to wait in line like all the others'? ...

seriously ... some of the things i read in all these threads on here are quite bizarre ... this 'advice' you have given us all ( not just the dev team ) takes one of the bigger slices of the bizarre cake though ...

#crysx

If your willing to fly to these countries for conferences that will offer good promo for EMC2. Why not fly somewhere to make sure the coins is able to be traded? I can tell you that this is bad publicity for EMC2 and continues as long as Polo has it frozen without answers.  From a PR perspective on the coin it makes sense. I assume the dev team does not have money on this coin in Polo otherwise they may give a damn. Meanwhile all the Polo investors are getting screwed. it's absolutely ridiculous that Polo would take two weeks and still not respond to tickets on this. So since the dev team is apparently not getting info and neither are the investors. The next step will no doubt be to contact the SEC.    
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:32:55 PM

Hey Dev team,

really? ...

magic idea that ...

#crysx

If your willing to fly to these countries for conferences that will offer good promo for EMC2. Why not fly somewhere to make sure the coins is able to be traded? I can tell you that this is bad publicity for EMC2 and continues as long as Polo has it frozen without answers.  From a PR perspective on the coin it makes sense. I assume the dev team does not have money on this coin in Polo otherwise they may give a damn. Meanwhile all the Polo investors are getting screwed. it's absolutely ridiculous that Polo would take two weeks and still not respond to tickets on this. So since the dev team is apparently not getting info and neither are the investors. The next step will no doubt be to contact the SEC.    

conferences as opposed to privately owned exchanges? ...

what are you talking about? ... there is NOTHING that ANYONE can do with poloniex - except to go through the RIGHT channels ... turning up on their doorstep is NOT going to do a damned thing ... what makes you think it will? ...

and comparing a privately owned company restricted and controlled by the laws of the USA - to a conference is just plain silly ... you CANT - read CANNOT - just walk up to a company that is operating a legitimate business - and FORCE them to do something about their own systems ... just cant happen ...

if you think this is bad publicity - try contacting yobit for - ummm - ANYTHING ... see if they respond to you within 6months ...then fly over to russia and knock on their door and see the reception you get then ... its simply not plausible to do a ridiculous thing like this ... especially under commercial law in almost any country ... you CANNOT FORCE anything on any company ...

if legalities need to be taken - only then can the LAW force it ... but any one of us - fat chance ...

you make it sound like ANY coin dev team can do this ... they cant ...

we dont control poloniex - we dont own poloniex ... and simply put - poloniex can do pretty much what they want within the guidelines of the law ...

if that means ignoring emails - they can ...
if that means ignoring support tickets - they can ...
if that means NOT opening the door IF you decide to fly over ther and keep you locked out of their building - guess what? ... they CAN ...

we are responsible ONLY for the things in our control ... an exchange is not one of them ... in fact - one of the prerequisites of using their exchange is that you use it at your own risk ... bad publicity for us - or any other coin on their exchange that they decide to lock for that matter ( and there have been MANY ) ? ... no - not in the slightest ... bad publicity for poloniex? ... DAMN RIGHT it is ...

remember that ANYTHING you direct at emc2 - or btc - or any coin team - should only be directed IF they can do something about it - and IF they have the capacity to do so ...

NO coin does ... NO dev team does ... we have many coins stuck - just like you - and must go through the SAME crap you do with poloniex ... got a problem with them? ... complain to them ...

TELLING us to do something that is just not within our power to do - is like saying that you need to carry an airliner on your back - and do it for 3days straight ... otherwise people may not see you as respectable ... that show messed up your argument is ... just makes no sense at all ...

complain to poloniex - like we have ...
email them - like we have ...
kick up a stink over it - like we have ...

but dont give us crap over something we dont have control over ... because when all is said and done - and if they go down in a court of law ... its THEM you will be taking a class action against - NOT us ... we will be in the same boat as your ... so do something about it mate - and hassle the crap out of them ... they deserve that - we dont ...

sheesh! ...

#crysx

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:31:00 PM

Hey Dev team,

really? ...

magic idea that ...

#crysx

The simple fact is this: Attempting to meet with exchanges in person is not going to do anything about an off line wallet. They won't move any faster or do anything differently. In fact, it would only delay and prolong the process. This is the new digital world, things like this are worked out online, that's the whole point of crypto and related digital, on line services. So, relax, this isn't the first time this has happened and, it won't be the last but, it will get fixed. And, nobody at the "SEC" will give a crap. This is an unregulated market and they will not get involved. On the subject of being an investor, I am currently holding a very large bag and to tell you the truth, I don't have a problem, yet.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
zoki0307

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

I have buy 200 k emc2 on polo when it has been at 0.00000505. I will definitly not cry for these situation.Why?

Actualy,since emc2 has been frozen on polo , every coin has gone down from 100 - 150 % . These is the maybe best for emc2 what was happen in these bad times for all alts.

Beter then these it will be, if poloniex open trading for emc2, when alts start to go up again.Yes, on first start of trading again on polo, emc2 will little fall down(noobs are scared to hodl),but somehow I m sure that we will see emc2 on 10 k sooner then on 1k.

Have a nice day...
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:40:07 PM

Indeed, the dev team is doing what they are able to do... first of all we have fixed an issue which could theoretically cause a double spend (what it actually never did, to be clear on this). Then we were approaching miners so that the soft forks are being mined and there for get active. So far we have pretty nice network coverage, reached all miners but one, the remaining one should have got the news but from what it looks like he is doing less than 7% of the blocks which means he will find orphans in his wallet from tomorrow. That means the first set of soft forks (bug fix, BIP66, BIP65) are all in advanced "enforce" status now, problem blocks are already being rejected. So the second set of BIP9 forks (CSV, SegWit) is expected to reach lock-in status in about a week from now.
In parallel we are talking to exchanges, BITTREX was very helpful recently communicating with us nicely. Polo on the other side is harder to approach, if we are frozen because I is what I think it is, they are being very smart and in fact helping us getting our major upgrades through safely. And they will not answer simply to avoid discussions, just unfreeze when they think it's time to do so.
cattani30

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Patience is the key to success

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:15:06 PM

Indeed, the dev team is doing what they are able to do... first of all we have fixed an issue which could theoretically cause a double spend (what it actually never did, to be clear on this). Then we were approaching miners so that the soft forks are being mined and there for get active. So far we have pretty nice network coverage, reached all miners but one, the remaining one should have got the news but from what it looks like he is doing less than 7% of the blocks which means he will find orphans in his wallet from tomorrow. That means the first set of soft forks (bug fix, BIP66, BIP65) are all in advanced "enforce" status now, problem blocks are already being rejected. So the second set of BIP9 forks (CSV, SegWit) is expected to reach lock-in status in about a week from now.
In parallel we are talking to exchanges, BITTREX was very helpful recently communicating with us nicely. Polo on the other side is harder to approach, if we are frozen because I is what I think it is, they are being very smart and in fact helping us getting our major upgrades through safely. And they will not answer simply to avoid discussions, just unfreeze when they think it's time to do so.

Congratulations and keep up the good work, hope people will hold on to their emc2 in this bloody period and not dump like fools
gembitz

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:39:16 PM

Hey Dev team,

really? ...

magic idea that ...

#crysx

SEC don't care about video games Cool non-profit community fundraising* ~noob

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:41:08 PM

Thank you for all explanations on what is going on with Polo.
As an early adopter of EMC2 (March-April 2014 or so) I can now see the coin slowly becoming what was supposed to be from the very beginning. Even though I am an EMC2s holder I'm temped to hope for an even bigger correction which would allow me to get back some of the too many coins (since 2014 I've been a EMC2 whale - or an EMC2 bagholder depending on the points of views) which unfortunatelly I did the mistake to sell some months ago during early pumps so as to recover the 2014 losses.
Long live EMC2 !  Smiley

gembitz

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:37:54 PM

Thank you for all explanations on what is going on with Polo.
As an early adopter of EMC2 (March-April 2014 or so) I can now see the coin slowly becoming what was supposed to be from the very beginning. Even though I am an EMC2s holder I'm temped to hope for an even bigger correction which would allow me to get back some of the too many coins (since 2014 I've been a EMC2 whale - or an EMC2 bagholder depending on the points of views) which unfortunatelly I did the mistake to sell some months ago during early pumps so as to recover the 2014 losses.
Long live EMC2 !  Smiley

~i'll try to message tristan and see what the deals what happend to honeybadger? :\ hmmm emc2 rollinggg***

HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:43:34 AM

As all alts are green again today, it might be a good idea for Polo at least to issue a statement. I have opened another ticket including our official statement regarding possible double spends and the current chain state. Will see if there will be at least some information this time.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:02:44 AM

As all alts are green again today, it might be a good idea for Polo at least to issue a statement. I have opened another ticket including our official statement regarding possible double spends and the current chain state. Will see if there will be at least some information this time.

Do not expect to get a response anytime soon.
The other day I noticed that quite a few coins had their deposits/withdrawals suspended because the Polo team were updating wallets and fixing issues.
Naturally they will start with the highest volume coins first.

The Bitcoin Segwit update is due to have its first real test on August 1.
We can expect a lot of volatility up to and soon after August 1.
I suspect there will be a run up in the markets right up until the last week of July and then a correction as people pull their money out for Segwit.

I doubt Polo will have time to look at the EMC wallet until after that cools down.
My guess is that EMC2 will remain frozen until mid to late August.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 06:52:49 AM

The other day I noticed that quite a few coins had their deposits/withdrawals suspended because the Polo team were updating wallets and fixing issues.

I suspect there will be a run up in the markets right up until the last week of July and then a correction as people pull their money out for Segwit.

I doubt Polo will have time to look at the EMC wallet until after that cools down.

thanks for sharing your thoughts,
I kind of have the same feelings, but you never know

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 08:05:53 AM

thanks for sharing your thoughts,
I kind of have the same feelings, but you never know

Hate to say it, sometimes being right is not a good feeling and Polo has been sending weird signals for a while. Hopefully it won't affect EMC2.

The coin play they do got a bit out of hand in the past year and that was bound to piss off a fair few people.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
traderyo

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:14:05 AM

is it still possible to mine emc? On a truly meaningful level (profitable)? I've run through this forum and it seems the majority of the issues are coming from attacks to exchanges and wallets forcing volume to drop.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, just looking at other Scrypt based coins and wondering whether it was even still possible based on the last 10 pages of this forum!

Thanks in advance for humouring my stupidity.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:04:33 PM

is it still possible to mine emc? On a truly meaningful level (profitable)? I've run through this forum and it seems the majority of the issues are coming from attacks to exchanges and wallets forcing volume to drop.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, just looking at other Scrypt based coins and wondering whether it was even still possible based on the last 10 pages of this forum!

Thanks in advance for humouring my stupidity.

EMC2 has always been profitable to mine with Scrypt asics, plus there are wormhole events with 2970 coins per block.

Even more so if you consider anyone who mined until few months back and didn't dump, got back at least 10x more Smiley

The exchange issues are a world of their own. Bittrex had an attempted attack in EMC2, minor but due diligence dictated the freeze (now unfrozen since new code) ... Polo issues, no one can explain and Polo themselves won't humour the customers to say wtf is going on.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: