Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
scamalert0

Activity: 498
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:23:22 AM

Be careful while investing on EMC2 .. Devs and team fighting each other .. EMC2 dividing into Two parts soon . .
So study before to invest go and do research  ..

i think Dev=Team, how can they fight, please mention source

Check and Go join SLACk ... DOn't buy EMC2 price going back to 100-200 satosi  ...  They only HYPED in name of SEGWIT ..
   See HOW segwit activate the price up in BTC ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 03:39:48 PM

i bought this coin 3 months back bcoz they mentioned surprise coming in June, and nothing ground breaking news till date
June surprise is Einsteinium school of engineering.

Where I can find more detail about it and what it will do, will it be a online school or physical school?

selling sushistake.com, send offers
uacoin

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

i bought this coin 3 months back bcoz they mentioned surprise coming in June, and nothing ground breaking news till date

Where I can find more detail about it and what it will do, will it be a online school or physical school?

LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:56:01 PM

These students all won a scholarship from EMC2?

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:50:17 PM

Be careful while investing on EMC2 .. Devs and team fighting each other .. EMC2 dividing into Two parts soon . .
So study before to invest go and do research  ..

i think Dev=Team, how can they fight, please mention source

Check and Go join SLACk ... DOn't buy EMC2 price going back to 100-200 satosi  ...  They only HYPED in name of SEGWIT ..
   See HOW segwit activate the price up in BTC ..

Give it a rest, nobody is listening to you, go back to the 20 or other threads you post this garbage in and stay there...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:10:23 AM

Every coin has its ups and downs, it's true that EMC2 doesn't move very fast forward, but it keeps moving. At some point it will eventually become what it was supposed to be from the very beginning.

gmerk

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

The dev said something about retiring.
I can't blame him, but I hope he was joking...  Grin

LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:05:21 PM

Guess this is the end of EMC2?

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:52:58 PM

EMC2 is not dead, this is not the end.
Don't know which one said that but we still have devs working on EMC2 projects
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

I can't blame him, but I hope he was joking...  Grin

'still' is not the right word. All devs are in, and actually more are joining.
We went through some internal restructuring, and spent a lot of time supporting exchanges and others with major upgrade.
End of Q3 and Q4 will be period of a lots of releases.  

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 10:28:28 PM

Please find update in our latest newsletter

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 07:50:10 AM

I said about retiring ... but that applies only to me for various reasons.
Mostly as I left a fairly cushty accountancy job in London after 17 years to lead the manhunt for developers and to spread the crypto word in Serbia and wider.

It was a resounding success ... for everyone else who got involved, but for me ... it's time to go back to work.
I made a critical mistake of believing programmers have brains and understand what they do ... How could one be so wrong? Wink
*pro tip:* Hire engineers, not coders.

... joking aside ...

EMC2 is in a better position than it has been since the fateful 37BTC bet back in 2014 sank it along with original devs.

However, as with every project, there are differences in thinking and this being a PvP online game (MMO?) there has to be some fighting.

I can vouch for the uberness of one of Blue Lab coders, Vlada. If he wasn't in the team I would honestly have doubts. So .. Kudos Vlada! You are the star! Cheesy

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
gmerk

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:46:43 PM

I said about retiring ... but that applies only to me for various reasons.
Mostly as I left a fairly cushty accountancy job in London after 17 years to lead the manhunt for developers and to spread the crypto word in Serbia and wider.

It was a resounding success ... for everyone else who got involved, but for me ... it's time to go back to work.
I made a critical mistake of believing programmers have brains and understand what they do ... How could one be so wrong? Wink
*pro tip:* Hire engineers, not coders.

... joking aside ...

EMC2 is in a better position than it has been since the fateful 37BTC bet back in 2014 sank it along with original devs.

However, as with every project, there are differences in thinking and this being a PvP online game (MMO?) there has to be some fighting.

I can vouch for the uberness of one of Blue Lab coders, Vlada. If he wasn't in the team I would honestly have doubts. So .. Kudos Vlada! You are the star! Cheesy

I'm sorry to hear that man. I though you were kidding.
I wasn't very active in the forum back in the day, but I remember very well what you did, and how you gave life to a dead coin.
All emc2 holders should be thankful for that.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do, and don't forget to post here from time to time...

On another note, I hope you still hodl your BCH...  Grin

uacoin

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:26:00 PM

What if you had invested in some of top 15 Cryptocurrencies on Jan 1, 2017?

FaceBook: CryptoGround

Source: CryptoGround.Com
uacoin

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:54:13 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 05:24:23 PM by uacoin

Our community is growing!

We already achieved more than 1000 subscribers in the Slack Channel despite all of those challenges that this coin has faced recently. If you are new to this project or just want to get some new information and open up for yourself a brand new world of endless opportunities and to become a part of something great - please join our Slack channel.

Linik: https://emc2slack.herokuapp.com/
uacoin

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:01:12 PM

EMC2 is in a better position than it has been since ....

Varvarin this is for you  Grin

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do, and don't forget to post here from time to time...

On another note, I hope you still hodl your BCH...  Grin

Thanks for your kind words, appreciated.

When I said "it's time to go back to work" ... what I mean is ... I haven't had any BTC since end of February ... by that extension my sum of BCH was traded for 0.05 LTC Cheesy

2.85mil EMC2 paid for work and donated over the years (350k came from foundation) ...

... No good deed goes unpunished ...  

Varvarin this is for you  Grin

*hot cat pic*

Mm mm MMM Wink

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 04:58:16 AM

On another note, I hope you still hodl your BCH...  Grin

Thanks for your kind words, appreciated.

When I said "it's time to go back to work" ... what I mean is ... I haven't had any BTC since end of February ... by that extension my sum of BCH was traded for 0.05 LTC Cheesy

2.85mil EMC2 paid for work and donated over the years (350k came from foundation) ...

... No good deed goes unpunished ...  

Varvarin this is for you  Grin

*hot cat pic*

Mm mm MMM Wink

well ...

lets just say i have no doubt in my mind - you will be around / back ...

good people cannot stay away from good projects - especially when they want to help in every way ...

this is not the last anyone has seen of you - and if you look closely here mate - you have a few people that can help a great deal to build the fortune back again ... just open your eyes - and actually SEE who is actually backing you - and can help ...

btw - thats a nice pussy there in that pic ... ahem Wink ...

#crysx

uacoin

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:55:24 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 08:08:32 AM by uacoin

Get more Inside Information about EMC2 - join to our Slack channel!

Despite all of those challenges that this coin has faced recently we've achieved more than 1000 subscribers in the Slack Channel and keep growing! So join to our Slack channel to get more info and to be at the peak of current events.

pckomp [10:21 AM]
If anybody is interested in my opinion, I am loyal miner with 1 GH which is now about 1/6 of the whole network. Reward is now 8 EMC2 per block, soon it will be 4 EMC2. But I will mine EMC2 anyway. Why? Because it is never about what is profitable right now. Some people complain how they missed the price of the BTC of 2009. But they probably never mine BTC back then, because it was not what? ...profitable. So from my perspective, I really do not care what is right now. Remember, everything is great when everything is really bad, because there is the real opportunity. EMC2 has great future ahead. And only real problem here could be impatience, if anything.

Link: https://emc2slack.herokuapp.com/
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:19:17 PM

Get more Inside Information about EMC2 - join to our Slack channel!

Despite all of those challenges that this coin has faced recently we've achieved more than 1000 subscribers in the Slack Channel and keep growing! So join to our Slack channel to get more info and to be at the peak of current events.

pckomp [10:21 AM]
If anybody is interested in my opinion, I am loyal miner with 1 GH which is now about 1/6 of the whole network. Reward is now 8 EMC2 per block, soon it will be 4 EMC2. But I will mine EMC2 anyway. Why? Because it is never about what is profitable right now. Some people complain how they missed the price of the BTC of 2009. But they probably never mine BTC back then, because it was not what? ...profitable. So from my perspective, I really do not care what is right now. Remember, everything is great when everything is really bad, because there is the real opportunity. EMC2 has great future ahead. And only real problem here could be impatience, if anything.

Link: https://emc2slack.herokuapp.com/

How true! I stole the paragraphs below from a post by "wiser" on the DevCoin thread because it is the first post I've seen that completly sums up what is needed to be successful in this industry. The obversations presented here are well thought out and, proven in the real world. Best part about it, this isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

Posted in Devcoin by "wiser" concerning reviving Devcoin:

"I thought I'd chime in with a few points. Back when I got started writing for the Devtome, Devcoin was one of just a handful of cryptocoins on the scene, meaning it didn't have much competition. Now there are over 500 cryptocoins in existence, some of which are so fundamentally solid and profitable that they are attracting the interest of venture capitalists and hedge fund managers. This means we can learn even more from the successful coins and honestly stack up Devcoin against them to see what would need to be changed in order to be competitive.

The following are a few observations I have about what it takes to make a successful cryptocurrency in today's industry:

1. More and more, it is important for a new coin project to be more than just a coin. It must be a complete ecosystem. This often means multiple tokens and interlocking systems. Some good examples are the emerging VIVA project (vivaco.in), Steemit (with its Steem, Steem Power and Steem Dollars tokens), Ethereum and NEM with their block chains capable of supporting other tokens.

2. There has to be genuine value supporting the coin. This means infrastructure that makes the coin easier to use or adds value to it in some way. Bitcoin has a lot of that (example, various trading platforms, Coinbase, payment processors, websites which sell quality products and accept Bitcoin payments) which has been added on by third parties. However a new altcoin needs to have some of that value added right from the beginning by the development team itself. Some other good examples of coins with value added infrastructure include DNotes and Steemit.

3. There has to be a development team. It can't be a one man show. The bigger and better organized the team, the better chance the coin has. A development team that runs the enterprise like a genuine business is even better. This means it can't all be about coding, though that is important. There have to be others on the team who handle the outreach and marketing and who tell the coders the features needed to make the coin user friendly for non coders (which is most of the people you hope will adopt your coin).

4. A coin needs a built in incentive to tie up the supply and keep it off the market. This means that it is in people's self interest to hold onto the coin for the long haul. Idealism or faith in the coin is not enough. If I am going to hold your coin there has to be something in it for me both now and in the future. The simplest way to do this is to offer some kind of interest equivalent whereby my holding onto the coin earns me a rate of return in the form of new coins or some other token. DNotes has the DNotes vault which pays monthly "interest" to all who hold coins in it for set amounts of time (the penalty for early withdrawal being that you lose the earned interest). Diamond Coin has a cloud mining operation where people earn Diamonds based on how much Bitcoin they have donated to the operation. Any Proof of Stake coin already incentivizes people to hold the coin and run the wallet.

I have always believed that Devcoin's biggest weakness as it works right now is that it incentivizes earning and dumping, not holding. Then to add insult to injury when it became known or suspected that people earning Devcoins were dumping them, they were often harshly repudiated here (not called out by name or anything but it was clear that those who dumped were considered to be bad for the coin,). In order to hold onto Devcoins you had to be altruistic towards it and basically take the hit from others dumping, and that is just not going to be sustainable because most of us plain aren't altruistic like that. This is probably the most important change Devcoin needs to make. The coin needs to be coded in to incentivize holding rather than dumping.

Related to this, it must be assumed that people will game the system if it is beneficial to them to do so. You need to engineer your system in such a way that there is no benefit to attempting to gain the system and that using the system in the way you intend is what gives the greatest benefit to the end user. That can be very challenging to accomplish but I believe it is possible and the successful (and not so successful) coins now out there have a lot to teach us about what kind of things need to be written into the code. The code should also be flexible enough that when you find a loophole you don't want, you can fix it with an update or fork.

5. The development team needs to have a good reason to create buy support for the coin on the open market. Again, altruism is not enough. In the case of Diamond coin, the developers need to buy Diamond in order to pay the weekly payouts from the cloud mining operation. If the developers aren't buying the coin, then others need to do so for reasons of self interest. With the exception of the speculators who are there to profit from trading itself, the reason that anyone else would buy the coin has to be because they need the coin. You need the coin in order to gain the benefit from accumulating and holding it, or you need it to pay someone with it, or you need it to buy something with it. An altruistic desire to prop up the coin's value is not enough and won't be sustainable long term.

6. The coin needs to be attractive to speculators. Speculators are important because they provide liquidity for everyone else, meaning others can easily buy or sell the coin at a consistent value (not too much difference between top buy and sell requests). So whatever it is that makes speculators go "wow, I want to speculate on this coin!" is what your coin needs to have so that everyone else can have the needed liquidity to get into and out of the coin at will.

7. The coin needs to have a solid community of people who are there because being part of this community will better their financial lives in some way. They should believe in the coin but that belief should stem from solid fundamentals and the perception that this coin will do good things for their bottom line. In order to nurture this community it is very important to have basic courtesy and professionalism wherever that community gathers. That community needs to be growing.

There are probably a couple more points that I have missed, but what I have shared is a good starting point. How does Devcoin do on each of these fundamentals? How could it be changed or forked to excel in those fundamentals which are weak now? The honest discussion around these points could become the basis for a solid plan for how to update Devcoin to now be competitive in today's industry."

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: