Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:53:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21554 times)
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:59:41 AM

If you do not hold until the market recovers, you might not be able to regain your losses. The best you can do not, if you really need to invest in something else, is to use fiat to buy more. If you do not have fiat, then i would advise you to hold.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonewscast

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:05:47 AM

Obviously if you sell your Ethereum today then you will experience a loss that I think is quite large. You should be patient to wait for the price of the Coin to return to its original state, rather than having to panic and be rash in making decisions. It's better if you still have money, you can buy ETH again at a lower price.
doolittle

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:07:43 PM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand
You shouldn't be selling Ethereum right now. You need to hold him down. The thing is that you have already bought at the price of 600, if you sell you will go into the negative, it is not profitable.
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:10:31 PM

I am a true believer in ETH. I would hold it has an ATH of around $1200 and I expect it to reach 3-5k in 2 years!!! Without it we would not have such great altcoins!!!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:40:19 PM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

If you want to sell your Ethereum and buy it at an even lower price simply because it seems to you that the price will be even lower - this is a very bad idea. If you want to do this because you are sure that the price will go down - act! Always rely on facts and analysis of the situation on the market in your actions. Never do things that are based only on your intuition - it's a lottery, which is almost impossible to win!

nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:54:58 PM

Just try and understand that the market is in a serious bear at the moment, and many people are have lost their patience and they are selling off, so there is no point selling off and losing a big deal, just hold, soon the market will start to improve like it is already doing at the moment. just hold

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:57:29 PM

I am not selling my Ethereum despite the fact that it has fallen significantly in recent times. I strongly believe this is only temporary and that Ethereum  will still hit new highs, It is not over yet
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:58:32 PM

I don't think its smart idea when you're 70% down. It's like throwing away your funds , but if you wanna go for it and believe it will somehow cut your losses and recover some then go for it.

tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:19:01 AM

Sorry to hear about your losses. But yeah, I support your plan to do. It is a good call to purchase ethereum as of now because of its super low price so far. Considering that when you just purchase it a low price and instantly recovers, you gained profit already.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:01:24 AM

It's already lost half of the price. sell at that price is tantamount to suicide. but this is already more than 50% of losing and if start new again thus obtained is early losses. just buy the value loss before so did not get results. better wait and don't sell for cheap prices.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:56:39 AM

I think you need to be patient in making decisions, don't sell your ETH at the current price, you better hold your ETH, wait for the price to pass 600 $ and you will feel the benefits of what you buy at 600 $.
Even 600 dollars per each ethereum is simply too low, ethereum reached 1400 dollars and if was holding a lot of ethereum I will make sure to not sell my ethereum until it reaches a price of at least 2500 I know that such a price is very high but it is completely reachable in a few years, after all I think that in a few years a new bull market will appear that will most likely be way bigger than the past one.
canhancut82

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:02:49 AM

Hope you have not sold ETH for $ 275. Cutloss only when you lose 5-10%. When the losses are too high, they should not be sold. It is regrettable that many trader has become a holder
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:10:47 AM

Look at the market today.  This is why you never cut losses on a solid coin.  It will come back.  This is also why you do your DD and always pick solid coins.  Then you have no worries. 
adding715

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:41:33 AM

Nah some people says its wise to sell to buy back at lows but the truth is that you have still some loss so you wont see on your portfolio that you have negative investment values? lol Thats why never forget to cut loss to avaoid this
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:06:55 AM

If you sell your coins in this time, you almost lose over 50% if your investment, I don't think ETH like as the other crypto, they have the use case and create the smart contract in blockchain, even the price have fallen in this moment, but I trust it will be rise when the market is growing, better to keep it and for your long term reward.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
JohnTycoon

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

Portfolio drops may become mostly a self-analysis situation if backers should understand and upgrade in experience to improved projects in crypto-currencies which generate higher benefits. simply don't exit blockchain. since you will be green again
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:45:35 PM

You are not cutting losses in that way, you are giving away your money.
You should buy more ETH at this low for you to balance the lose.
If you bought at 600 for 1 eth you should and buy again 1 eth at 300, then your 2 eth will ahve a value bought at 450 in that way...
buy another ETH for 300 then your eth value at first will be at 375... that is how you gonna cute losses.

We should need to identify what is cutting or giving. Their are different way identifying it. ETH has lower price than the BTC though both of them are useful in such way. The value increase in such way that depends on the needs or it might be because of supply and demand.
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 09:49:53 PM

When the losses experienced already too deep then goes for cutting losses is the wrong thing. It was not looking for a safe way to secure the assets but went to look for the value of the loss. better hold it when it's already happened and at least wait for a hike to come.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:51:24 PM

Too late, now it is time to hold, frankly if you did hold at 300 why don´t you just stay to see if you can gain again at least what you´d put into it.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:03:13 PM

I think that at this point if you believe in the crypto market then you just hold because it is rational to assume that it wont go down further. ETH has already lost a lot of its value ~80%. I think that its is pretty damn close to the bottom. We are lower than we were a year ago also.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: