Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21554 times)
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:08:58 PM

If you bought Ethereum for $ 600, then now if you buy Ethereum for $ 300, the average cost per Ethereum coin you get $ 450, that is, you will reduce your loss at the moment if the cost starts to rise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 11:09:48 PM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand

Too late, now it is time to hold, frankly if you did hold at 300 why don´t you just stay to see if you can gain again at least what you´d put into it.

That's true, you have 50% of a loss. I would wait until October when the mining reward will be reduced from 3 to 2eth per block, that is a 33% reduction in mining rewards. We may hope and think that the price will raise at least by that number.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:23:46 PM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Hold do not sell have good prediction for ethereum, way back 2017 crypto experts predict ethereum goes into the moon but until now i can'seen this prediction hope before end of the year ethereum become too much expensive.

leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:13:17 PM

Do not sell yet, if you are looking to sell the coin and buy back in later then I suggest that you wait for a little while before you sell the coins. Reason being that now that we are seeing a price dip in ethereum that means that there is going to be a recovery coming soon, so you hold of selling those coins, sell during the recovery, then wait to buy back into the coin when it starts doing badly again.
babaya

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:06:02 AM

If you bought Ethereum for $ 600, then now if you buy Ethereum for $ 300, the average cost per Ethereum coin you get $ 450, that is, you will reduce your loss at the moment if the cost starts to rise.

It is better to buy now than to sell because your entry price will be cheaper! because if you sell now, you will have a significant loss. Cryptocurrency market has taken serious hit in past months and I think we may be experiencing bottom in prices of major coin in the Cryptocurrency market.
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:16:10 AM

I do not recommend selling. I think if you think ETH is now at a very low price and will not continue to fall, you can continue to buy. When it rises, it will further reduce your losses.

sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 01:48:51 PM

I think it's not good to cut losses, because your balance is very far from $ 600 to $ 275. Maybe if you really need money-loss losses can be the last choice, but if not I suggest holding up to $ 350- $ 400 if you already unable to hold then sell
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

I dont like Cut losses especially if you are here for a long term (more than 1 year). If you can still hold and does not need money better do the collar cost averaging to lower you cost of Ethereum and have a bigger position by buying more if you have excess money.
deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:57:02 PM

Eth has good value, in my opinion, do not sell, you should add to buy eth at the price below, and when pumping, you sell the new eth, and keep buying again at a cheap price
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:04:17 PM

If can hodl eth for a long time, my answe would be yes, it is a good idea to buy some eth. However, if you can't hodl it, its much better to stay away from it since it's not showing any signs of recovery. Much better if you try other alts or high risk ICO.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Apiapik

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:09:39 PM

I don't think ETH is like any other crypto, they have use cases and make smart contracts on blockchain, even prices have fallen right now, but I believe that will increase when the market is growing, it's better to keep it and for long-term gifts
Ronyx

Activity: 525
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:12:56 PM

I hope you are not wrong in choosing, because selling at low prices is not a good choice. Be patient and hold the ethereum you have, and never sell loss. The market will not die, be patient in the future ethereum prices will be able to rise again.

Betaa

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:13:02 PM

no one knows for sure eth will return to 600 $ or not, eth is currently experiencing a slow increase. I think you better sell your eth and then invest in ICO projects that you think are good.
rizkyx56

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

if you are late to sell then i suggest to hold till die. selling now is not good decision
just believing yourself that everything will be okay!

makladun

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:38:42 PM

I don't think ETH is like any other crypto, they have use cases and make smart contracts on blockchain, even prices have fallen right now, but I believe that will increase when the market is growing, it's better to keep it and for long-term gifts
I also suppose that in long term perspective it should grow together with the market, as its blockchain is the most popular in the crypto community.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

airbet.io

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Cutlose will only make you lose and continue to lose. wait for the price to return to normal. ETH good coins and stable price movements. buy when the price is red and sell when the price is green, don't turn it over

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
velona2589

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:45:52 PM

In a case with Ethereum you definitely should hold it. It is a really strong coin so you will not become worthless. Hold it.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:49:09 PM

The Cryptocurrency market has suffered a serious blow in recent months and I think we might experience the bottom of the main coin prices in the Cryptocurrency market.
It's better to buy now than sell because your entry price will be cheaper. Because if you sell now, you will experience significant losses.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:51:35 PM

Cutlose will only make you lose and continue to lose. wait for the price to return to normal. ETH good coins and stable price movements. buy when the price is red and sell when the price is green, don't turn it over

I'll agree though I'm not a big fan of adding alts to one's portfolio, but since you have already added to your portfolio it's not wise then to sell. While it's naive to comare Eth with Bitcoins, yet Eth is one of those rare alts you can hold till you're able to sell at the right price. As you'll be seeing bitcoins prices are stabilising that will mena sooner or later alts will recover, I won't say they'll shoot through the roof but you should be able to reach your buying price and maybe some profits too.
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:54:50 PM

Why do you sell it if you will buy it back at the same price? in my opinion it's foolishness, you better collect more capital to buy more Ethereum at the current price, if you buy more Ethereum at the current price, with a slight increase you can cover your losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: