Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21554 times)
four199

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:43:23 PM

I think in order not to lose your money, you just do not sell your money now. Come back after six months and see how prices are going up.
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand

not good , if you're cutting loses at this stage its better to wait for atleast eth to go back to 400$ level. Selling now would cost you so much , but if you think eth will go down futher then its your choice to sell but for me its not smart to sell now at your status.
supahlovah

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:47:57 PM

If you bought Ethereum for $ 600, then now if you buy Ethereum for $ 300, the average cost per Ethereum coin you get $ 450, that is, you will reduce your loss at the moment if the cost starts to rise.

I am doing this now and I think this is very wise idea. I bought my ethereum for 550 and I am buying some now - and I really hope that it will grow more!!
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

In my opinion, it is better to hold and wait until the market starts to rise. I personally would not sell at a loss of 50%. At least I think so. The market will soon begin its way up.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:03:15 PM

As for me I would not change the Ethereum on some other coin, and more over if you bought it per 600$ for the Ethereum. The only thing that I would do, I would play on the falling in price in pair with the USDT or Bitcoin.
V0ldemar
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:11:14 PM

Until you sold, you did not lose it. After selling the cryptocurrency at the lowest price, you immediately lose investment and not the fact that you can then buy more and cheaper, often the market deceives us. My advice is to hold.
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:16:44 PM

for now you should keep holding and waiting for the price to rise above 600.
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:27:03 PM

No one can tell you what to do with your money, that is a very personal decision, do you really need that money did something happened and you need that money desperately? Then sell your coins and get your fiat, but if you do not really need the money it could be a good idea to keep holding your coins.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:24:33 PM

Losing over 60% of your buying price doesn't validate selling what's left. Now you'd better stick to your coins and wait patiently till the trend reverts, and it seems that we may be well on our way there. If you urgently need money, you can sell as much as you need. Then, when you have fiat, you can buy back what you have sold, and still more so if the price continued to go south.

Moreover, you can always diminish your losses by selling at local highs and buying at local dips. Even if you end up with only 70-80% of the amount of coins you started with at your entry price, it would still be a better outcome than losing all. Always remember that.  And don't be penny wise and pound foolish.
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

It depends on you whether you are a long-term investor or a daily trader, if you are a long-term investor you don't have to worry about eth prices going down because the price will someday rise, if you are a daily trader, of course you have to determine how many percent must cut lose so as not to experience too much loss and learn about money management
datento

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:49:26 AM

I belive you bought ETH at $600 to HODL for a long time. If yes then forget about selling now. it will go up in the near future. But if you are trader, i expect you to have cut your loss long time again because at this price, the loss is to hard to cut. i will advice you to still ETH till the end of the end. I believe, it will still come up.
xiwanfd

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:51:18 AM

Don't panic. Soon the market will settle down and everything will be fine.

Now selling it and buying it back will cost you a lot of money, and I would suggest you take your COINS and trust the price to go up again.
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:05:26 AM

it was necessary to sell at a price of 550-500 and wait for clear signals to buy. Now to do this makes no sense, you have to wait..
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:07:32 AM

Should I hold what I have and wait till it its over 600 so?
if you really don't want to experience a loss then that's the only way you can do it. you can save it until the ethereum price returns at a price of $ 600, even more if you want to make a profit
raider150shifter

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:23:15 AM

Bad entry, you should have set stop-loss around 500.
I don't think that's a good idea, why not let it be? hodl.
Ariess

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:03:21 AM

I think if you have other capital, you should only buy it and not sell assets. You can make purchases in amounts greater than the first investment for ethereum. Short trading can bring fast profits. or you choose the holding option.
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:10:10 PM

Selling right now is a wrong move, the ETH maybe go lower but it will return. ETH is a kind of an asset that will grow, you bought it at the not so high price, somebody bought it at $1000 and continue to hold.
Selling now won't give you possibility to buy back enough - the losses are huge to my mind. You better hold!

I agree, why would you sell now? Only if you do not believe in the technology and it's future, but then why did you buy it in the first place. The fundamentals are still strong, despite the low prices. 99% of ICOs are on Ethereum and that will not change soon.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:17:26 PM

Too late, now it is time to hold, frankly if you did hold at 300 why don´t you just stay to see if you can gain again at least what you´d put into it.
I also think it is simply too late for him to sell his coins but you must understand that people are under a tremendous pressure right now and if that was not enough the price is going down again and ethereum is below 200 dollars at some point people will break and will sell their coins even if they know that is a mistake because they can no longer tolerate the thought of losing so much money.
StephKram

Activity: 95

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:27:48 PM

It's risky business to sell Ethereum because when it turns it going to rise quickly.  It's gotta be close to the bottom at this point.  I also seriously doubt if Ethereum is going ot go down to 100 flat you will pick the perfect sell and buyback time.  You could end up making a bigger mess of things.  If you sell to buy back watch the market like a hawk. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:48:44 PM

It's risky business to sell Ethereum because when it turns it going to rise quickly.  It's gotta be close to the bottom at this point.  I also seriously doubt if Ethereum is going ot go down to 100 flat you will pick the perfect sell and buyback time.  You could end up making a bigger mess of things.  If you sell to buy back watch the market like a hawk. 
People are going to make a huge mistake if they sell their ethereum at the current prices, even if right now I cannot see the price of ethereum going very high, I will have to wait to see if the markets are giving any kind of signal that we're going to see some kind of positive trend for ethereum anytime soon, but if you are a long term holder buying ethereum now is a move that cannot go wrong in the next years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: