Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITCOIN LE - NEW COIN - Ecological Bitcoin - PoW & Low Energy  (Read 28729 times)
Keuzor

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

reserved sweden translation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Profasho

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:49:14 PM

hey all,

i started the wallet but it dont sinc, somebody an idee?

gr xms

Hey XMS, make sure that your metronome has the right settings.

Here are the the public metronome settings that you can use. Add this to your bitcoin.conf inside your BitcoinLE folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\BitcoinLE

metronomeAddr=185.243.112.123
metronomePort=8332
metronomeUser=metro
metronomePassword=metronews1
addnode=seed1.bitcoinle.org
addnode=seed2.bitcoinle.org
addnode=seed3.bitcoinle.org
addnode=seed4.bitcoinle.org
addnode=seed5.bitcoinle.org

If it still doesn't sync, delete everything in that folder except for wallet and bitcoin.conf and try resyncing again.

#BLE.JKyTdWtxc5QDgtgH3GqKwd4te28kYNvFHq
PrepaidCrooks

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

I am pleased with the idea of the Bitcoin LE project, I hope it will be a help for miners, if the statement on reducing energy consumption will really work, then many miners will join you. good luck! at what stage of development is the project, when to wait for the road map?

The white paper is already out and as far as a roadmap, I don't speak for the team but from what I understand this is essentially a mirrored copy of Bitcoin except for the 90% reduction of mining energy and will remain that way as development continues.

#BLE.JeowG62cYALNGpv7Z9DgpWmuZFJMWaDXFC
PrepaidCrooks

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:01:30 PM

It seems to me ASIC for this coin at the moment is simply not profitable to produce. Existing devices need time to gain full power - they are constantly in operation. Even if you release a special firmware, the energy costs will be large or the device will not be able to gain full power. For this purpose it is necessary that first of all it was economically profitable. But for the GPU I think will make the miner in the end.

I would much rather it end up as a GPU mining coin, as I have gpu rigs not Asics.  I just am unsure of the technical requirements behind ASICs and if you could make them abide by the metronomes rest period. If it will take adieionao hardware development then yes we are probably a ways away from anything if that nature

#BLE.JeowG62cYALNGpv7Z9DgpWmuZFJMWaDXFC
jimboscott

Activity: 253
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:04:05 PM

It seems to me ASIC for this coin at the moment is simply not profitable to produce. Existing devices need time to gain full power - they are constantly in operation. Even if you release a special firmware, the energy costs will be large or the device will not be able to gain full power. For this purpose it is necessary that first of all it was economically profitable. But for the GPU I think will make the miner in the end.

I would much rather it end up as a GPU mining coin, as I have gpu rigs not Asics.  I just am unsure of the technical requirements behind ASICs and if you could make them abide by the metronomes rest period. If it will take adieionao hardware development then yes we are probably a ways away from anything if that nature

There are Sha256 miners that run on GPU's.  Someone just needs to recode one to respond to the metronome and to then use the last BTC blockhash to appropriately submit the solution.  Right now all that GPU miners do is spam the pool with useless garbage.  That is why the whitelist is necessary at this point.
s107n

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:25:47 PM

Everyone has an opinion. I believe the GPU is not worth using. At least in the coming years. We must give way to the processors. GPUs have Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies - there are many of them.

# BLE.JfwsbMz2Bi2K4BK7RugyqWEApQRoKuQvNL
CryptoNakagata

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:37:15 AM

Thanks for the effort on a new project but I just don't buy it. It's like saying that you don't pollute because you are using an electric car but the electricity for your electric car is produced by a big old diesel engine. You should choose a less energy consuming coin as metronome if you want to call the coin low energy, not just choose bitcoin because is popular.... maybe you know it already and you will change the metronome coin once you gain popularity.....
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:45:49 AM

In the requirement transactions, the fees and the transaction speed, will be fixed or will it depend on the size of the block or the amount of negotiations in the network?
PrepaidCrooks

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:41:37 AM

Thanks for the effort on a new project but I just don't buy it. It's like saying that you don't pollute because you are using an electric car but the electricity for your electric car is produced by a big old diesel engine. You should choose a less energy consuming coin as metronome if you want to call the coin low energy, not just choose bitcoin because is popular.... maybe you know it already and you will change the metronome coin once you gain popularity.....

It's the entirely new structure of the PoW model that is low energy and yes any coin can be used as metronome. But...Bitcoin is the ideal choice for a few reasons but most of all since our coin is a replica of BTC, it has all the positive traits people like and has eliminated the biggest area of criticism. Other points to note for the choice of metro are blockchain security and strength of which no other blockchain can come close yet to being as immutable as BTC. We cannot be having our entire chain come to a stop because of a 51% on our metronome chain and we have repeatedly seen these over and over the last year on a number of large cap coins. It's the sheer volume of Bitcoins hash that makes it secure and in turn ours as well
PrepaidCrooks

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:52:07 AM

It's the entirely new structure of the PoW model that is low energy and yes any coin can be used as metronome. But...Bitcoin is the ideal choice for a few reasons but most of all since our coin is a replica of BTC, it has all the positive traits people like and has eliminated the biggest area of criticism. Other points to note for the choice of metro are blockchain security and strength of which no other blockchain can come close yet to being as immutable as BTC. We cannot be having our entire chain come to a stop because of a 51% on our metronome chain and we have repeatedly seen these over and over the last year on a number of large cap coins. It's the sheer volume of Bitcoins hash that makes it secure and in turn ours as well

Another point to take note of is the accomplishment the Devs behind Bitcoin LE have made when it comes to a creating a more eco friendly PoW protocol. I can't even count how many alternative Proof of "fill in the blank" methods have been invented but every single one of them is either far less secure, extremely unfair for the little guy or heavily weighted to early adopters/devs and friends. The trustless equality of proof of work is something many never thought possible and now that it is it's biggest downfall which was power usage has just been solved... Idk about you but the sheer magnitude of that just gave me a chub
Wolfie

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 04:08:57 AM

I thought similar to you the first 5 minutes I heard about $BLE as well . . but as I thought about it some more it occurred to me . .

"Hundreds of people die every year by falling from high places due to gravity . . so dont use paper weights, since they rely on gravity to function"

Not using paper weights wont make gravity less lethal under the wrong circumstances.

Similarly, not use BTC as a metronome won't make Bitcoin use less energy either Wink

The Metronome is redirectable and negotiable . . were just getting a solid start with the most solid one at the moment.

#BLE.JRtUNSeZdD9hrvBya72yYnELtcPnGjQPZq

@XVG_HypeMan
Wolfie

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 05:15:02 AM

posting for @everyone thats on BLEpool.com:

Please get on NerdMosby MinerdLE 2.5.2 , only version that will work by around noon California time monday!

https://github.com/NerdMosby/minerd-LE/releases/tag/2.5.2

@XVG_HypeMan
pradha

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:56:22 AM

hello @everyone do you want to get some BLE? now we have another faucet using BitcoinTalk Thread with a bigger prize. Bellow is the roles of BitcoinTalk merit faucet.

1. BLE BitcoinTalk will be divided by round, each round will be 100 reply thread
2. It's mean every round will be per 5 pages
3. User must add address once every round reply with one of supported format:
<BLE_ADDRESS>@BLE
#BLE.<BLE_ADDRESS>
#BLE:<BLE_ADDRESS>
#BLE <BLE_ADDRESS>

example :
JfW863PCZXdoXTUgN5qf31qTzuV9XpXoYH@BLE
#BLE.JfW863PCZXdoXTUgN5qf31qTzuV9XpXoYH
#BLE:JfW863PCZXdoXTUgN5qf31qTzuV9XpXoYH
#BLE JfW863PCZXdoXTUgN5qf31qTzuV9XpXoYH

4. The winner will be divided into 3 parts

#1 Will get 25 BLE
#2 Will get 15 BLE
#3 Will get 10 BLE

5. Thread reply will counting become point if it's not spamming and more than 50 words other than will be marked as not_passed

More information can be found here https://ble.block-explorer.club/ble/merit  and temporary point acquisition can using !btalk command on discord
Wolfie

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

In the requirement transactions, the fees and the transaction speed, will be fixed or will it depend on the size of the block or the amount of negotiations in the network?

Hi Luks - what exactly are you referring to?

I dont see anything wrong with the fees or transaction speed at the moment, can you explain your question please?

Thx;

Wolfie

@XVG_HypeMan
OpalHunter (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:30:22 PM

Hey CryptoNakagata!

I am part of the dev team, please allow me to shed some light on this matter:
  • As stated in the whitepaper, the metronome is subjected to consensus, which means it can be changed in the future if the community wishes so
  • There is no problem in having BTC as metronome. It is actually a very logical step as it does not depend on BLE to exist. Therefore there is no correlation between BTC global hashrate and BLE global hashrate. If this situation changes in the future, we shall evaluate and decide based on that.
  • Last but not least, and following the whitepaper again, this coin introduces the concept of coinchain, which predicts that coins can rely on each other in order to save energy. It is possible that BLE could be a metronome of any other coin, an this new coin being a metronome of a third coin. So, from a base metronome (BTC) you could theoretically have endless coins, thus diluting the energy spent per transaction (in average)!

secoccular

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:03:29 PM

Not sure I understand your point. BTC is going to consume as much energy as it does. BLE is just using its block time for the metronome. BLE doesn't contribute to the hashpower of BTC, it's not "powered" by BTC. I understand if you have a political stance against bitcoin, but I still think it's a big energy savings with Bitcoin Low Energy.

I would modify your analogy as, "my neighbor has a huge Hummer vehicle, and every day he drives it, I choose to ride my bicycle and save on the gas. I'm not "powered" by my neighbor's driving habits, I'm just using it as a point of reference for my own energy savings.

BLE.JeKhoAHxad89JYUjU5MqjGaToS5UevJYTm
xms

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:56:52 PM

If you want to mine on BLEpool.com you must msg me here or faster on discord to add your IP!

Its whitelist only Wink

can you plaese whitelist me

#BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz

gr xms

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
secoccular

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:14:20 PM

If you want to mine on BLEpool.com you must msg me here or faster on discord to add your IP!

Its whitelist only Wink

gr xms

Send Wolfie a DM. He'll need your IP.
Wolfie

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 11:24:02 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 04:00:01 AM by Wolfie

Its whitelist only Wink

gr xms

Whitelist was temporary, we are now on NerdMosby MinerdLE 2.5.2 and BAN list only = no longer need to report your IP!

Get on the new miner here please - its the ***ONLY*** one that will work on BLEpool.com

@XVG_HypeMan
xms

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:09:32 PM

Its whitelist only Wink

gr xms

Whitelist was temporary, we are now on NerdMosby MinerdLE 2.5.2 and BAN list only = no longer need to report your IP!

Get on the new miner here please - its the ***ONLY*** one that will work on BLEpool.com

up and running, but what means" waiting for metronome beat... "

gr xms

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: