Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 solo mining, how?  (Read 25918 times)
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:42:21 AM

If you see 'Pool not providing work fast enough' messages.  set --queue higer  "-Q 60"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:36:28 AM

There's a couple different threads on setting up a private pool using eloipool.  I was just able to get it set up and running. It still needs a couple tweaks, but for internal it seems to be feeding my 12 Anminer S1 just fine.

Here's the links I used:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158105.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495542.0

They both will get you 95% there.  Just be sure to watch and change where your directories are located.
dlowings

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

I have all my S1's solo mining fine against just the standard bit coin-QT config and do not seem to have any issues… Is there a reason why the same steps do not work for the S2 ? as soon as I config the S2 and restart, the thing starts beeping and will never start hashing against bit coin core ? is there extra steps for the S2 ?

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 05:49:22 PM by iglasses

I have all my S1's solo mining fine against just the standard bit coin-QT config and do not seem to have any issues… Is there a reason why the same steps do not work for the S2 ? as soon as I config the S2 and restart, the thing starts beeping and will never start hashing against bit coin core ? is there extra steps for the S2 ?

You are my hero if this is true because i can't get my S1's to solo for shit.  I have 4 BE Cubes that work flawlessly but cannot get the S1's to work.  I would love to see a screen shot of one of your S1's Status page..maybe it will light bulb me into figuring this out.

I am also trying to setup my own pool but that looks like a bitch too in Windows and I haven't gotten up to setting up ubuntu again yet.

edit:
tried running the wallet in server mode on a faster computer and now I'm even more confused because the S1 is doing something that I thought was not possible.
The Getworks for my local wallet are skyrocketed...46,450 in under 20 minutes.
Still no Accepted or rejected shares and the Last Share time is never.

The really weird thing is that it looks like it's also connected to the other two pools I have configured and one of them is Guild, which I am showing 23Ghs at right now and submitting shares.  I thought they couldn't connect to multiple pools at the same time but how is it possible for my S1 to be throwing 23ghs to Guild and the rest to parts unknown?

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:29:50 AM

You are my hero if this is true because i can't get my S1's to solo for shit.  I have 4 BE Cubes that work flawlessly but cannot get the S1's to work.  I would love to see a screen shot of one of your S1's Status page..maybe it will light bulb me into figuring this out.

I am also trying to setup my own pool but that looks like a bitch too in Windows and I haven't gotten up to setting up ubuntu again yet.

edit:
tried running the wallet in server mode on a faster computer and now I'm even more confused because the S1 is doing something that I thought was not possible.
The Getworks for my local wallet are skyrocketed...46,450 in under 20 minutes.
Still no Accepted or rejected shares and the Last Share time is never.

The really weird thing is that it looks like it's also connected to the other two pools I have configured and one of them is Guild, which I am showing 23Ghs at right now and submitting shares.  I thought they couldn't connect to multiple pools at the same time but how is it possible for my S1 to be throwing 23ghs to Guild and the rest to parts unknown?

Sounds like you have it running correctly.  If your bitcoind (qt) can't supply work fast enough, it gets some from other pools.  Mine did the same thing when I tried using just bitcoind.  That's why I set up a pool.  I haven't got brave enough to run more than a few s1 units on it yet to play around with, but it seems to be working. 
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:15:13 PM

bgi yea that's the problem though....I've got 11 of these things and if just one floods the client machine there's no way I'd get all 11 to work.  I have scoured the internet multiple times and just can't seem to find a good solution.  It seems strange too given that in the beginning solo mining was all there was and lots of folks tout all the benefits of decentralized mining, etc. but to do it with anything more than a few USBs is such a nightmare.

bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

bgi yea that's the problem though....I've got 11 of these things and if just one floods the client machine there's no way I'd get all 11 to work.  I have scoured the internet multiple times and just can't seem to find a good solution.  It seems strange too given that in the beginning solo mining was all there was and lots of folks tout all the benefits of decentralized mining, etc. but to do it with anything more than a few USBs is such a nightmare.

I agree.  I'm hoping(wishing) that bfgminer will one day a built in pool ability and all we'd have to do is supply the db and bitcoind. Although it has so many features, it might already have it in it. Smiley
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:27:07 AM

from the bfgminer 4.1.0 thread...

Coming soon:
Avalon2 mining rigs
Bitmain AntMiner S1
Bitmine Coincraft products
Cointerra TerraMiner ASIC miners
Gamamax GamaStack boards
JingTian miner
One String Miner
RockMiner R-box
TechnoB⃦it HEX mining boards

One time!!!

rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:08:26 AM

Just mine in a pool and earn the money and keep it. If you really want to play the lotto, just use 20% of your BTC and go buy some lotto tickets. On the long run this will make you money and give you a chance at that big winning day.
idonothave

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:05:00 AM

I have calculated that You would need 57200 GHs to get ONE block per ONE month solo mining. Imagine also 1W per 1GHs and bill for it.
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:29:26 PM

I have calculated that You would need 57200 GHs to get ONE block per ONE month solo mining. Imagine also 1W per 1GHs and bill for it.

Probably more then a month cause difficulty increase every 12 days..

rajaukauka

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Probably more then a month cause difficulty increase every 12 days..

the increase diff is worry and make mining long long time to roi  Grin
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

maybe this will help: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
vanman03

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:27:47 PM

Hey does anyone know the best way to solo mine with an s1 ?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:35:31 PM

Point it at my solo pool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
[DnA]

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:49:52 AM

aha..u right buddy  Wink

Just run ur qt wallet on server mode and maybe u need to setup coin config file such as

rpcallow:
rpcallowip:
rpcconnect:
rpcuser:
rpcpassword:
daemon:
server:
listen:

etc..
idonothave

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:34:36 AM

aha..u right buddy  Wink

Just run ur qt wallet on server mode and maybe u need to setup coin config file such as

rpcallow:
rpcallowip:
rpcconnect:
rpcuser:
rpcpassword:
daemon:
server:
listen:

etc..

which coin You plan to mine solo?
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:49:33 PM

http://www.solomining.com/
PPC, BTC, LTC etc.
[DnA]

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:42:15 AM

aha..u right buddy  Wink

rpcallow:
rpcallowip:
rpcconnect:
rpcuser:
rpcpassword:
daemon:
server:
listen:

etc..

off course bitcoin
idonothave

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:35:03 PM

aha..u right buddy  Wink

rpcallow:
rpcallowip:
rpcconnect:
rpcuser:
rpcpassword:
daemon:
server:
listen:

etc..

off course bitcoin

Mining bitcoin solo with S1 does not make any sense. Look here https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty and make calculations. To have chance to mine one block per month You would need more than 68 THs.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: