Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will keep people from getting into cryptocurrency?  (Read 3458 times)
Linhkej

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

I thought about the unpredictability of bitcoin and its current status and it made me realized that this might drive people away from getting into cryptocurrency. What do you think are the other reasons that will keep people from using bitcoin?
Bitcoin is still volatile and has not been accepted by the government, even if it is illegal. That is the problem that people do not participate in Bitcoin. People do not feel it is safe enough for them to invest money. They are afraid it can cause their property values to decrease significantly.
medconindi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:15:01 PM

In some countries electronic money is banned and Developing countries do not know about electronic money
we need which attract more and more people towards it to use it
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:22:11 PM

I thought about the unpredictability of bitcoin and its current status and it made me realized that this might drive people away from getting into cryptocurrency. What do you think are the other reasons that will keep people from using bitcoin?
People only need a little form of motivation to keep using cryptocurrency. They need an assurance that the government will not just come one day and put an end to all manner of crypto related activities in their country. This will keep getting them into crypto.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:41:10 PM

but I think that uncertainty is a factor that prevents a person from entering the crypto world.
I think that is a risk of crypto worlds such as hacking, high fluctuations that always a major problem in everyone's mind.

so, if we can change their assumptions, I think they will accept and be ready to accept all crypto risks.
megasynk

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

First thing that comes into mind is the wrong impression on cryptocurrencies especially about Bitcoin. The scam around Bitcoin is what really hinders an ordinary person to engage into cryptocurrency. Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency in general has been used as a medium for scam and theft crimes. Though statistics say that there has been less crime related to Bitcoin before compared to now. Other factors are lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency, misleading fuds, lack of interest and etc... Most of the people is afraid of change. They want to stick to traditional currency and can't apprehend the future that lies into cryptocurrency.
Apparently our standart fiat money that we use on the daily basis is also used for various illegal activities and no one ever says that usd is a scam.
warkop121

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:10:51 PM

Some countries have not yet fully adapted to how cryptocurrency works, but people in these countries will definitely use CRM for online payments.
Who says anything about the currency currently being replaced by cryptocurrency / digital money? He can live side by side with fiat. Gradually, this world opens our eyes to the reality of cryptocurrency so that time will come, we will only embrace the true purpose and identity of crytoworld, - and each individual will be a part of it. Our technology really evolves into something that you never expected and it is not impossible that it will also occur in cryptoworld. Cryptocurrency is not part of the past but it will be part of our future that will make a big difference in this world.
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

Yes it is, the unpredictability of the crypto market scares most people. But, in my view, the main reason why people are frightened by the crypto market and the BTC is that they just do not understand what this is about. People can not see the future in this technology. But sooner or later they will have to accept it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

IF THe people like you will leave the crypto community then the right people will remain and the the market will do better,because where will be no bad news will comes out instead pure goodness

but I think that uncertainty is a factor that prevents a person from entering the crypto world.
I think that is a risk of crypto worlds such as hacking, high fluctuations that always a major problem in everyone's mind.

so, if we can change their assumptions, I think they will accept and be ready to accept all crypto risks.

Only greed people will give that impression to bitcoin.because all they want is to continuously profit and nothing at al
Impulseboy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

IF THe people like you will leave the crypto community then the right people will remain and the the market will do better,because where will be no bad news will comes out instead pure goodness

I respect your views, however, I am not sure if putting the status of the market of bitcoin on the community is right. Do you mind explaining how bitcoin market will improve if people leaves the crypto world?
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:20:05 PM

I think the most deterministic factor keeping people away from entering crypto is the mentality and fear that its a scam combined with the belief that its just a passing trend.

I agree. Ignorance or at least naivety is probably the biggest factor that puts most people off. Many people seem to think it's too geeky or beyond their reach because it seems too technical for them, but it's really not at all. It may seem like that especially with a lot of the technical language and big words people use (decentralized and blockchain etc), but it's quite simple to use if you don't scare yourself off with all the buzzwords or by trying to look 'under the hood' to see hot it works behind the scenes which isn't needed for the average user. I think a lot of people are very weary of 'get rich quick' scams and they unfortunately lump bitcoin into that because of how it's often sold to them by fanatics which doesn't help. If you encounter someone who's skeptical of bitcoin or believes all the negativity just explain it to them in laymans terms and why you think its great and let them make up their own mind. We can't convince everyone to get on board but at least we can try fix some of the misconceptions about it.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Their lack of faith and listening too much the outside media instead of their own mind.

Also the people who invested, then panic sell and go crying blaming Bitcoin for everything that happened when it is just a tool - It can be used for good or for bad like anything else. I believe this is a really big reason, which improved the fear people have of losing everything because of it.

When in fact, it's as risky as any other investment only more volatile for now.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

Yes it is, the unpredictability of the crypto market scares most people. But, in my view, the main reason why people are frightened by the crypto market and the BTC is that they just do not understand what this is about. People can not see the future in this technology. But sooner or later they will have to accept it.
Although it is unpredictable still people are using it as they find opportunity here rather than having a strict boss in a company, for me I would rather work hard here too and invest rather than in real life in investing in bank which will not even give you a couple of dollars as a return but they will just give you cents of what you have invested.
Jammypoe

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:43:58 PM

Lots of things actually would drive people away further from Cryptocurrency than to it. You will have to reason with them in regards to price fluctuations, to the uninitiated, it is really scary as that does not draw them to it.  They would always be follow through news, hoping for something better to be read, they will always be pushed back by the price rising and falling. Also, the media, responsible for informing the populace about events unfolding are not helping in painting a clear picture of cryptocurrency. All they see their is scam and ponzi scheme. Added to that is now the increasing failed or scam parading as ICO. The people get to read and see these things, and they in turn inform the people about what is going on. 
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:50:06 PM

I`m thinking that the famous volatility or unstability of Bitcoin would be the first and most distractive thing about Bitcoin which would keep the most part of newcomers away from it.
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:01:24 PM

because for me bitcoin is the best investment, the reason most people use crypto is because of its increasing popularity recently and they have understood that crpto is developing in an era of advanced digital technology

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:01:39 PM

another thing thay could scare people away from using bitcoin is negative publicity about bitcoin and negetive propaganda. we need to promote and brand bitcoin positively to attract the attention of the populace.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:09:37 PM

But I think the volatility which you are talking about has attracted many people to enter cryptocurrencies market. As we all know cryptocurrencies has not become a common currency yet and the reason many people are involved in cryptocurrencies is this volatility.
Vsamuel

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:15:20 PM

I think the increasing image of scam about crypto is what will prevent may people from investing into the market. If people are too scared to lose their funds obviously, many will not venture investing into the market.
Faraha_JJJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:58:26 PM

Some people invest in Bitcoin with a hope of making quick money, that's not how it works. Crypto market is a growing market and less than 20 % of world population is aware and willing to invest in it. Over the period of time, the user base will grow so as the investment. Slow and gradual growth.
deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:48:53 PM

I think the reason that will keep people from getting into cryptocurrency is the risky and the volatile of the price in the market. Some people are afraid to invest because they are afraid to take the risk and they are afraid that they will might not earn big. But if they tried it they will see the result on there own.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: