Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:54:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org is SCAM !! DO NOT USE THIS WALLET !![Solved]  (Read 9839 times)
fx911 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:14:16 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 03:25:24 PM by fx911

Freewallet.org is SCAM !! DO NOT USE THIS WALLET !!
please send your coins out immediately!!
that's sthe Scammer proof:https://imgur.com/a/IrLObKc
because freewallet.org can receive coin but will blocked you account send any coin out and no reason
My account BTC amount 1 BTC can't transfer to any deposit address
First i thought that tech issue , and after 24hours i try send again but transfer still Failed.
my account transfer status will be between a "require email verification" or "Failed"
freewallet.org email verification is a joke and not worked anytime , i click email verification link ,and website tell me successful ,but transfer status still a "require email verification"
So. I send ticket email to freewallet.org support email .
Them support email tell me :"Thanks a lot! Did you change your password or PIN code in last 24 hours?" , and after 36hours not any respond for me
and i still try send PM to Forum user : Freewallet link:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1177176 and after 12hours still not any respond .
Them the support service description text:
"Our team is working 24/7 to assist you with your requests and queries.
One of our support team members will investigate and get back to you as soon as possible."
24/7 service after 36 hours still not respond . that's a joke !
So i strongly suggest send your coins out immediately ,don't save any coin amount to Freewallet.org !

============== update =============
freewallet.org respond me by email, and them tell me that:
"The internal automatic security algorithm " blocked my account by "suspicious activity was detected"
mean is them can without your any permission and any message a blocked your account
and i search forum and same of this post :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4891827.0
so them can explain what's is "suspicious activity" ?
I just use "Receive" and "Send" of my account . that's a "suspicious activity" ? really ?
them ask me proof my sent source screenshot , i send proof by email and no any reply for me .
them support service is very inefficient and about 12-24 hours will reply only one email for you .

============= update after 3 days==========
my account still be blocked and freewallet.org not any reply useful for me
Just wasting you time and ask you provide about account information images again and again ..
and next time i will post them reply me email messages image to warning other people don't use this wallet !

============ update 10 days =============
my fully encounter :
them steal user coin ! DO NOT USE THIS WALLET ,  send your coins out immediately!!
first , them will excuses say your account exists "suspicious activity", and not tell you ! , just quietly blocked your account ,
and now time , your don't know what happened , your coin full amount already send another address , so , this step , your coin is not belong you, and you don't know
if your not use them ticket email , your never known your account has been blocked , them website or app inside , your amount just a number , them can choice give you or not .
so if your want send out your coin , Obviously , you can't successful send out , of course you can't , because your coin already not belong yourself . uh.
and if you use them ticket email, them just procrastination you time , reply your no matter messages , like "do you change your password in 24 hours ?? " or "what your transaction id " ,them message wasting my 4 days , your can't image that them can reply once email by one day ,and after 4 days , them finally tell me , my account exists "suspicious activity", but , them not tell you true reason is them just want your coin amount .

oh, this step , finally , some helpful , alright ? and i ask them tell me what is "suspicious activity" , them tell me , because after i receive coin in few minute, i want send out my coin ,
well , you see , you can't choice your coin want sent out or exchange , this time , i finally understand , why i can't do this , because my amount already gone , them show your amount just number ,

so next step, them want me provide them "sent source screenshot" , i already provide that , and them still ask me provide "full-size screenshot" (i sent image just not include few button)
, and i still provide that , oh, them again ask me provide "origin of your funds" (wasting you time trick) .
and of course i just choice provide, i have not choice , i just want get back my amount

after i provide these images , them start again ask me proof how i use fiat money buy bitcoin , what ?? that's funny .
them start ask me provide Utility bill payment , and social networks link to proof "to be sure that you, our customer, is a real person. " , so them logic is , if you not use social networks,
you are not is a real person , and them excuses sure your account not been hacked , i just want know , if my account has been hacked , why i need two-step verification ?? , them just blocked your two-step verification , even you click you two-step verification email link , and them tell you successful verification , your account still not send out your coin .
so , when i choice provide my bank card image and bank card use fiat money buy bitcoin record image , oh , you already can guess , them will ask more about your private information.
yes , this is them do right now time things .

oh , final step , them tell me "Good news! This is the final step in your verification process." , uh , good news ?? blocked users account after 10 days and tell users "good news" ??
final step , them ask me private information : identity ID image , and you must being held in your hand .
oh , this step finish , i just thinking , i'm finally can get back my amount ??
No. you can't , them reply to me repeatedly , again , i thinking them support email is robot ??, over 7000$ , after 10 days , them still not get back . i think them never get back my bitcoin .
them ask me a lot private information , i guess them see this topic email will reply me and want more private information , i already don't trust them , your never know you private information will use where by them
i already call police , although this seems very helpless , that's my last can do things ,  Sad
so , this is my encounter , warning other people don't use this wallet again , if you now use wallet , please send out coin immediately !! that's not joke .

============ update 14 days =============
i'm 100% sure Freewallet.org is Scammer , them excuse your provide information is incorrect and ask you provide them more information (them ask you provide duplicate information)
Please do not use this wallet, and i ready to sue them company to defend my property , if you know any about them company information , Please tell me ,thanks !

============ update 15 days [confirm them 100% steal users money] =============
everyone can see them company explain in 45# :
"We will not move with your case any further until you provide all the information we’ve requested in compliance to our security procedure."

them excuse your provide information is incorrect or your provide information is other people's , and excuse ask your provide more information ,
why ?? because your first register them service , not needed provide any information can use it ,and them can forever say you not this account owner !!

that's 100% scammer actions , i still provide them correct information and send them , them still say it again ,
so , look like them can forever use this excuse to deny users try get back yourself money . uh , that's very good excuse ,
Warning other people , don't use this wallet , them will steal your money , and excuse to blocked your account !!
about your freewallet.org wallet , Remember ! you coin amount just number !! not belong with you !! them can choice give you or not !!
if see this topic know any about freewallet.org company information , please reply me ! i will sue this company ! thank you !

please use this link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1177176 to mark them is scammer !
warning other people don't be cheated again !

============ update 24 days====================
i finally get back my money !
but i still say that , this is very terrible encounter !
them blocked your account just need one second , but you unlock your account needed 24 days !
and , thank support this topic people ! , if not your support me , maybe i can't get back my money !
thank you again !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:44:01 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

If your problem only is sending such amount you can try to export your 12-word recovery phrase on your freewallet.org wallet and use another wallet such electrum in sending your funds instead of freewalet.org. Once you exported your 12-word seed, keep it offline, that you're the only one must know this phrases. If you're asking if how can you do that, you can follow instructions on their site https://support.freewallet.org/support/solutions/articles/9000144725-how-can-i-get-my-12-word-backup-phrase-

Then I suggest you import[1] this to https://electrum.org#download wallet, just download if what platform you have, I must recommend that use the desktop one instead of the mobile version.

Once electrum is installed.

[1] Open your electrum -> Go to File tab -> New/Restore -> Create the name of your wallet -> Choose Standard wallet -> I already have a seed -> then paste this 12 recovery phrase from your freewallet.org wallet, then click the "Option" and check the "BIP39 seed" -> Here, AFAIK freewallet use legacy wallet (correct me if I'm wrong) then just leave the field unchanged as (legacy p2pkh), BUT if its segwit then choose the "p2sh-segwit (p2wpkh-p2sh)" -> Put your password, make sure that you're the only one knows your password. After that, you can now send any amount using electrum with your freewallet.org recovery seed.

Thanks me later.
fx911 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

If your problem only is sending such amount you can try to export your 12-word recovery phrase on your freewallet.org wallet and use another wallet such electrum in sending your funds instead of freewalet.org. Once you exported your 12-word seed, keep it offline, that you're the only one must know this phrases. If you're asking if how can you do that, you can follow instructions on their site https://support.freewallet.org/support/solutions/articles/9000144725-how-can-i-get-my-12-word-backup-phrase-

Then I suggest you import[1] this to https://electrum.org#download wallet, just download if what platform you have, I must recommend that use the desktop one instead of the mobile version.

Once electrum is installed.

[1] Open your electrum -> Go to File tab -> New/Restore -> Create the name of your wallet -> Choose Standard wallet -> I already have a seed -> then paste this 12 recovery phrase from your freewallet.org wallet, then click the "Option" and check the "BIP39 seed" -> Here, AFAIK freewallet use legacy wallet (correct me if I'm wrong) then just leave the field unchanged as (legacy p2pkh), BUT if its segwit then choose the "p2sh-segwit (p2wpkh-p2sh)" -> Put your password, make sure that you're the only one knows your password. After that, you can now send any amount using electrum with your freewallet.org recovery seed.

Thanks me later.
thank you respond .
freewallet.org export private-key or 12-word seed will auto transfer all amount to new bitcoin address ,
so this action still require email verification , and still have the this problem. can't send any amount to new address
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:47:23 PM

thank you respond .
freewallet.org export private-key or 12-word seed will auto transfer all amount to new bitcoin address ,
so this action still require email verification , and still have the this problem. can't send any amount to new address
Why would your balance be transferred to a new Bitcoin address? That's not how exporting keys work. Freewallet is just an app/software to manage your balances, if you export your keys and import it to another app/software (like Electrum), your address will be the same and no transactions will be made.

For instructions, just refer to bL4nkcode's post.
fx911 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:52:02 PM

thank you respond .
Why would your balance be transferred to a new Bitcoin address? That's not how exporting keys work. Freewallet is just an app/software to manage your balances, if you export your keys and import it to another app/software (like Electrum), your address will be the same and no transactions will be made.

For instructions, just refer to bL4nkcode's post.

thank you respond !
First , freewaller.org just generate a bitcoin address to receive coin amount , you can't export this automatic generate address 12-word key
and you just can use "Export wallet" to generate new wallet , freewallet.org will automatic transfer you amount to new wallet
Freewallet.org respond me by email and tell me my account blocked by "internal automatic security" and ask me provide source sent proof
I just use transfer amount and them tell me my account exists "suspicious activity" ,
mean is them can without you any permission blocked you account and without any message for you ! that's ridiculous
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:08:00 AM

First , freewaller.org just generate a bitcoin address to receive coin amount , you can't export this automatic generate address 12-word key
and you just can use "Export wallet" to generate new wallet , freewallet.org will automatic transfer you amount to new wallet
Freewallet is an HD wallet that's why it generated a new address once your previous address was used and received an amount.

If you can't export these recovery phrases then why they never include that statement in the link I have posted above which they made and posted on their support page? That's stupid, and exporting recovery seed of a wallet doesn't work like that.

fx911 (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:42:02 AM

Freewallet is an HD wallet that's why it generated a new address once your previous address was used and received an amount.

If you can't export these recovery phrases then why they never include that statement in the link I have posted above which they made and posted on their support page? That's stupid, and exporting recovery seed of a wallet doesn't work like that.

thank you respond !
you posted freewallet.org support page link do not found any about them description text is a "Go to the “Backup” sidebar" ,i just found this [1] "Settings" -> [2] "Export wallet" for them website
So , that's action still will be automatic transfer you all amount to website generate new wallet for you.
and is not work like you say .
btw , them support email tell m my account be blocked for security department detected "suspicious activity"
so any about send out operate will be blocked.
i just have once transfer amount operate and them blocked my account for the "suspicious activity"
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:09:02 AM

thank you respond !
you posted freewallet.org support page link do not found any about them description text is a "Go to the “Backup” sidebar" ,i just found this [1] "Settings" -> [2] "Export wallet" for them website
Ah, meaning you directly use their website and not their app? (correct me if I'm wrong)
If you already gave the info they want, you just need to wait for their reply and action. You gave a thread link of a user with the same case, I read the discussion and in the end his case got solved. Good luck!

I got it now, most likely the link you gave is exclusive for Lite wallet and it seems that OP is not using the app.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

Okay I got it now, apologize I didn't notice it.

Just a reminder, before you use any wallet to store any amount huge or not please take your time to research. Freewallet is one of the worst wallet I've ever known next to blockchain.com(.info) wallet, you can see it when you search "freewallet.org review" tho blockchain.com(.info) is much better than them.

So just, wait them until they replied and resolve your issue then dont use their wallet again.
fx911 (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:21:47 PM

Okay I got it now, apologize I didn't notice it.

Just a reminder, before you use any wallet to store any amount huge or not please take your time to research. Freewallet is one of the worst wallet I've ever known next to blockchain.com(.info) wallet, you can see it when you search "freewallet.org review" tho blockchain.com(.info) is much better than them.

So just, wait them until they replied and resolve your issue then dont use their wallet again.
thanks you respond !
hope freewallet.org quickly solved this issue .
i will don't use this wallet again . hope this posted can warning other use freewallet.org users and helpful !
fx911 (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:29:22 PM

thank you respond !
Ah, meaning you directly use their website and not their app? (correct me if I'm wrong)
If you already gave the info they want, you just need to wait for their reply and action. You gave a thread link of a user with the same case, I read the discussion and in the end his case got solved. Good luck!

I got it now, most likely the link you gave is exclusive for Lite wallet and it seems that OP is not using the app.
thank you respond!
Yes it's , i'm using them website and not using apps .
freewallet.org is very worst wallet . i never use again this wallet !
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:50:03 PM

You might have a bigger problem than just a technical one. There are many scam reports against Freewallet.org:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7mqsep/so_freewallet_is_a_100_scam_and_here_is_the_proof/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6gv59o/freewalletorg_scam_they_stolen_millions_of_users/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2322342.0

The scam accusations are so many that they had to publish an answer:
https://freewallet.org/blog/freewallet-not-scam

When a wallet or exchange blocks your account for some mysterious reason you know you are in trouble.

fx911 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

You might have a bigger problem than just a technical one. There are many scam reports against Freewallet.org:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7mqsep/so_freewallet_is_a_100_scam_and_here_is_the_proof/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6gv59o/freewalletorg_scam_they_stolen_millions_of_users/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2322342.0

The scam accusations are so many that they had to publish an answer:
https://freewallet.org/blog/freewallet-not-scam

When a wallet or exchange blocks your account for some mysterious reason you know you are in trouble.
yes, them excuses you account exists suspicious activity and blocked it .
and i found this forum exists a lot report freewallet.org is scam !
So , I just posted my encounter and warning other people don't be fooled again !
I never use this wallet again
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 10:50:50 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 07:12:57 PM by Freewallet

Hi,

It would be easier to go through your post point by point:

Scam proof:

We are not sure about the information the link you provided reflects as we see a list of failed transactions. Since they weren't successful, the coins are still with you.

Failed transactions:

There must be a specific reason why the transactions failed to go through and we are confident that our support team looked into your case. If you'd like an update here, let us know the ticket number.

Blocked account:

Due to repeated transactions, our security algorithm was triggered causing in your account being blocked. It's actually a good thing because it has been proven effective in stopping malicious activity.

Long response time:

If it's a difficult case with many specifics, our team needs to look into it and exclude possible reasons for failed transactions one by one. However, since you triggered the security algorithm, our priority will be to verify your identity before proceeding further. In any case, we always follow up with our users, please verify your spam and promo folders for a reply.

We are looking forward to your update. Let us know!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
fx911 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:41:57 PM

Hi,

Scam proof:

We are not sure about the information the link you provided reflects as we see a list of failed transactions. Since they weren't successful, the coins are still with you.

Failed transactions:

There must be a specific reason why the transactions failed to go through and we are confident that our support team looked into your case. If you'd like an update here, let us know the ticket number.

Blocked account:

Due to repeated transactions, our security algorithm was triggered causing in your account being blocked. It's actually a good thing because it has been proven effective in stopping malicious activity.

Long response time:

If it's a difficult case with many specifics, our team needs to look into it and exclude possible reasons for failed transactions one by one. However, since you triggered the security algorithm, our priority will be to verify your identity before proceeding further. In any case, we always follow up with our users, please verify your spam and promo folders for a reply.

about your support email long response time :
your ticket email reply me time at least need 24 hours , i think you say "verify your identity" don't need this long time and i just want quickly solved my issue
and blocked my account not good thing for me , that's will let me lost a lot money , bitcoin is 24/7 services trading ,and your also known
and my ticket id is 127929, i already on blocked by your security department a week

about repeated transactions:
because your blocked my account and i don't known , i will of course try to retry the transfer.
please understand , not me repeated transactions be blocked ,because i don't known my account be blocked and i will retry transactions !!!
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:59:09 PM

It’s a terrible experience. I won’t use a wallet I haven’t used. I’ve been using blockchainwallet all the time. Although I’ve heard that blockchainwallet is not safe, at least I have used it for more than a year. I haven’t encountered anything too big problem.
I don't understand why Freewallet exports a private key that requires email verification. Any privatekey of a wallet is automatically generated at the beginning. Do you have any records?

r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:59:40 PM

Hi,

Scam proof:

Failed transactions:

Blocked account:

Long response time:

You blocked his account with 1btc? This is a serious and suspicious thing to do. Present a reason or you might end with negative feedback from me. Just found another major scam thread on freewallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1964190.0
OP if you think they are scammers give them negative feeback using this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1177176

fx911 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:23:09 PM

It’s a terrible experience. I won’t use a wallet I haven’t used. I’ve been using blockchainwallet all the time. Although I’ve heard that blockchainwallet is not safe, at least I have used it for more than a year. I haven’t encountered anything too big problem.
I don't understand why Freewallet exports a private key that requires email verification. Any privatekey of a wallet is automatically generated at the beginning. Do you have any records?

yes, freewallet.org export your wallet private key will require email verification , them will say "for you account safety".
and them private-key is new generated, not you receive coin address private key .
and after 8 days them still ask me proof my bitcoin send source , i already send images to them , and them begin ask me social network id to proof you is a real person ,
so them the logic is a  if your not use any social network you can't proof you is a real person , that's funny .

fx911 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Hi,

Scam proof:

Failed transactions:

Blocked account:

Long response time:

You blocked his account with 1btc? This is a serious and suspicious thing to do. Present a reason or you might end with negative feedback from me. Just found another major scam thread on freewallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1964190.0
OP if you think they are scammers give them negative feeback using this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1177176
thank you respond !
i have 1.02BTC amount by freewallet.org ,and i just want transfer my amount to another bitcoin address , them just blocked my account and tell me them "internal security algorithm" detected my account exists "suspicious activity" , that's ridiculous , after 8 days them still wasting my time , about 24 hours reply my once .
after 8 days , them not solved any issue , just want my social network id and my sent source , 8 days ask me 2 message , them still say "verify your identity" ,that's funny
if them want verify your identity , why not register ask you provide it ??
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

The reason behind blocking the user's account is more complex than just the amount of funds. Our security is powered by a sophisticated algorithm developed by top specialists in the industry, so we wouldn't take it on lightly.

In regards to the thread you copy pasted the link to, we know it very well since we've been monitoring for a year now. You will also find a simple explanation to why Freewallet operates the way it operates by advanced users.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: