Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency  (Read 27219 times)
Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:46:29 AM

I think that you are right, but no one says that you need to eliminate them right now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fordsons

Activity: 92
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:56:38 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
Before there there was no internet but later internet reached at most of the rular areas and people were started using it. Now a days u can buy sell crypto through mobile and mobile companies provide internet facility.
In this time there is no possibility that we eliminate fiat currency from the system because it is owned by the government and cryptocurrency is not legalized by many governments yet. It will take long time that we will see cryptocurrency taking over the whole currency (fiat and paper) market in the world. But hope that we would need for fiat in the future.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

This is all chatter that they write about the complete elimination of money. I think that the familiar currency will exist for a long time.

You are absolutely right, this is all chatter but we should discuss it on a formal way as we know that fiat is currency issued by governments of countries and many countries have their own fiat currencies. No one can eliminate fiat currencies either totally or slightly but governments who created their fiat currencies can eliminate it but we should think why they eliminate it, they do not want to eliminate because this is something which make their economies.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 07:14:44 PM

Talking and doing are two different things. I am sure that even if all the forum members try to “cryptomonetize” the world they would never be able to do that. Majority of the worlds’ transactions are still happening in fiat. At it will take a long time for that to change. Poverty in underdeveloped countries is rampant. Cryptocurrencies are still banned in some countries, some are sceptical. Cryptocurrencies don’t have a regulation system, which makes it difficult for the countries to legalize them. There are so many coins - which ones exactly to legalize?

So... one day it will happen, but not fast and not soon

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
Elseye

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ApolloX

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:46:31 PM

I agree that fiat currency has its certain role which is important in current community but I think that in future it will be possible for us to live without fiat completely.

devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:47:17 PM

I agree that fiat currency has its certain role which is important in current community but I think that in future it will be possible for us to live without fiat completely.
it will not be possible if people live without fiat money, because fiat money has been trusted for a long time as a payment system and legal and real money transactions. if people without fiat money I think it is impossible to happen.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:08:17 PM

If you mean we cryptocurrencies users than we don't have much influence on that world
Can you make your daily shopping with crypto
I can buy almost nothing here with crypto
Gov fiat money will be in use for long time
I believe that any country any nation needs his own currency needs to have his own money
and decide how to manage them

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:27:12 AM

Paper money or fiat money needed for local transaction and needed in area that dont have a good internet infrastructure. I think its still a long way to eliminate fiat money because government use it to measure their economic and many government still forbid cryptocurrency
PaulRobertT

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:16:01 AM

don't just thinks for yourself,think for those peolpe who live in rural area, where is lack of computer and internet, what they do if there is no fiat currency, They can not exchange by bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:18:51 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

Definetly thats true,for us now we should not totally eliminate the fiat currency and even in the future we could not implement fully a cashless society all over the worlds,because not all country should aware this crypto technology,because there are some country who belong into the thirds poorest thats have no internet connection and computers and even the people become wonder what kind of oppurtunity this crypto and they need to be educate.

domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:29:40 AM

really true, we must still use FIAT to transact as an alternative currency where we can also use cryptocurrency easily and safely as the main currency
because these two types of currencies have different advantages and disadvantages, so we must still be able to use these two currencies correctly and according to their portions
People won't understand they'll still use bitcoin because it can help you to getting rid with tax.If government become poor he will not able to see the progress of our country.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:37:10 AM

I don't think fiat currency will be eliminated. Fiat currency are more comfortable to use in our daily life. Especially for those people who don't know cryptocurrency. Fiat currency will still use for a very long period of time.
Fiat currencies in theory could be eliminated, but we need something to replace them, instead of fiat currencies we could have currencies backed by commodities or by precious metals or even better we could use money made of precious metals as we did in the past and let electronic payments be managed by cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, this scenario is unlikely but it is a possibility that is there.
ninokh

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:13:55 AM

I don't think it's like that nobody intends to eliminate fiat money. we still need fiat money for buying and selling activities every day. Fiat money will still be used for up to 100 years. because now there are still many countries that reject cryptocurrency as a means of payment. and to use cryptocurrency we must be prepared to have technology and internet networks and currently there are still many regions or countries that do not have internet access so fiat money will still be needed.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
rafi035

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:39:35 AM

as far as I know crypto currency cannot eliminate fiat currency, especially in my country crypto currency has not been fully inaugurated as a valid currency and can be used for transactions, if crypto currencies can be legalized all countries might happen
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:45:18 AM

Yes, there are countries that are outdated in terms in technology. Like the adaptation of crypto currency, so they need to used fiat for their modes of payment.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
tegacoll86

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:35:24 AM

really true, we must still use FIAT to transact as an alternative currency where we can also use cryptocurrency easily and safely as the main currency
because these two types of currencies have different advantages and disadvantages, so we must still be able to use these two currencies correctly and according to their portions
I think government also want people to use fiat they're not against bitcoin we can use it but at least not eliminate the fiat because that tax which we are giving to government is help to develop our country.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:58:08 AM

I see no reason to think about when Fiat will disappear, because in the next few years the situation will not change drastically and Fiat will exist just like today. Not everywhere and not in all countries it is possible to pay using plastic cards, but the use of electronic money is gradually increasing, though not quickly. Therefore, it is very early to worry about it.
dowellness

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:16:38 AM

I think government also want people to use fiat they're not against bitcoin we can use it but at least not eliminate the fiat because that tax which we are giving to government is help to develop our country.
You're right those peoples who are involve with cryptocurrencies are slowly leaving the fiat. I think that's the reason why government want people to stop using cryptocurrencies by banning them.
amphibian

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:28:41 AM

My brethren, people on various cryptocurrency platforms suggesting for fiat to be eliminated does not mean it is going to happen somewhere in the future. Eliminating fiat currency to be replaced with what? This is not going to be possible. It is just opinions that people are sharing. What we should focus on right now is how make crypto even much better and not to think of eliminating fiat currency.
cintamoni

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:46:24 AM

I think we should also learn something because totally eliminate fiat mean we're ignoring giving tax to government which helps in progress of our country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: