Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCjam - Any Thoughts or Experiances  (Read 57449 times)
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:10:10 PM

I am following these threads and I am confused I have lots of btc on this site, am I hearing that BTCjam is going to help us get our investments back?

No they don't give a shit, they got there Fee's already so why should they care?
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

You can use Authy and push the reset yourself. Some places have TFA resets that take two weeks. We do a lot to insure that is protected and secure when this change is made so we take a little extra bit of time with it. But we are compatible with Authy if you wanted to be able to push this reset through their product instead. Hope that helps

thanks God my problem is resolved now. kinda hope for the future BTC Jam can making it fast.

Let me know how that works out if/when you process a reset. I've heard good things from those who were more interested in using Authy.
Your support is fucking really terrible.
On mail u respond after couple days WITH SAME AUTO MAIL.
Fucking joke.

Whats your case number, I'll look into it.
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:11:47 PM

I am following these threads and I am confused I have lots of btc on this site, am I hearing that BTCjam is going to help us get our investments back?

No they don't give a shit, they got there Fee's already so why should they care?

The whole we got our fees thing is getting pretty old. As I mentioned a few times already, fees dont make this business sustainable alone. This whole idea is ridiculous.
Wattda

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:45:46 PM

My issue is with your screening process on the borrowers you have listed for us. To me it appears if it is not just about collecting fees then your exposing us (the lenders) to these bad risks looks like you are not doing your do diligence.

sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:51:05 PM

More evidence that they are actually working and trying to make BTCJam a better place for investors.

(...)

More important will be to see what they do about big US scammers that must be easy to identify and take to court like these guys:

Oppenheimer89

This guy has 2 loans with a total over 50 BTC

https://btcjam.com/listings/45490-stock-trading-capital and https://btcjam.com/listings/46587-bitcoin-based-localbitcoins-com-trading

His localbitcoins profile: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/oppenheimer89/

and this guy that already was sent to arbitration:

therealmaxwell

https://btcjam.com/listings/41307

I already received his details and since he's a fucking scammer I'll post here:

Debtor's name, last known address, and other information is:

Paul Maxwell

6016 Allington Ct

Winston Salem, NC 27104

maxggw@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMaxwell

Phone: (617) 784-0064

Driver's License 11MLP84021

I won't chase this fucker for $20 but if you live next door don't forget to say hi for me!

Can you please comment on these US high profile scammers?

If they are in US they are very easy for you to catch if you want!

This is crucial for a wannabe investor.

Yes, please tell us what you intend to do with these big scammers.

Are you taking any action?

These guys are in US, they stole significant amounts, so if you want to prove that litigation works for this business model I don't see a better place to start.

It would not be ok to send your investors to litigate all by themselves and then take actions that indicate that you don't believe in the process.

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:00:55 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 04:49:33 PM by Paul Revere

How does BTCjam compare to the new Bitlend.io P2P trading platform? Bitlend.io is headed by D. Allen Shinners , the leader of the 400+ person GAW suit AND at the same time he is partnered up with some of the GAW staff that implemented that fraud scheme. I am NOT making this up. Seriously. He says that it is fine because they have "not been convicted of anything". In relation to the comments about the bad investments the borrowers on BTCjam make, Bitlend is taking that a step further and steering the loans specifically at the Paycoiners. So, they are taking BTC from people who have some and lending it to people who are likely to buy Paycoins, which the guys running Bitlend including central figures of the Paycoin scam operation: Joe Mordica & Adam Matlack, ( I kid you not!) own the vast majority of (got for free) and also have control of most of the Fraud Controllers , so they can shit out some Paycoins real fast after they line up a loan to some dumbass Paycoiner and "fill his order". HA HAHHHA HA! Woooo!

This is what Bitlend has lined up. Not that this would be all of their loans, but this chain below does exist, and the fact is that they are shilling this thing hardcore on the Paycoiner forums and pretty much nowhere else.

Step 1 : Find people with BTC (here mostly).
Step 2 : Find Paycoiners on the forums you run: Paycointalk GetHashing and Hashclub, who are mezmerized by the fraudcoin you own an infinite supply of, all gotten for free of course.
Step 3 : Bring these two together and arrange a loan. Take a nice fat cut up front! Crack a fucking beer and smile!
Step 4 : Wait for the Paycoined borrower to gleefully take his borrowed BTC over to Cryptsy. Dump free Paycons into his Buy Bid the moment it pops up, or perhaps steer him into a HYIP or other operation that you are running or have a big cut of.
Step 5 : A month later, the value of Paycoin or the other "investment" has tanked, and loan is defaulted upon.
Step 6 : Turn real world collection agencies loose on the dumbass Paycoiner that got conned into a loan. Snicker heartily!
Step 7 : Act like you're sorry for steering the BTC holder into a bad (rigged!) loan where he lost most or all of his BTC, which of course went into YOUR POCKET!!!
Step 8 : Do the Homero Garza Scam Dance!

Disclaimer : It is not being suggested that Josh Garza is part of Bitlend, just some of the guys that worked for him and "somehow" ended up with all of the Paycoins for free and run all of the little shitstain "services" for Paycoin are.

Yeeeeee HAW! Quite the fucking dealio , eh? BTCLend (Carmelo Milian John Tuberosi and Josh Garza operation) was similar to this, except it's first use was to lock up Paycoin bags so good dumpage could continue , paying like 20%/year stake when their dumpage was tanking the price of Paycoin 50-70% per MONTH! And then they started targeting BTC loans at the Paycoined and of course giving prference to those that say they will buy either Paycoins or "invest" in the ScryptCC Ponzi, which was rumored to have the garza stench on it. Whatever the case was with their cut of ScytCC is unknown,but the fact is a large amount of the BTCLend loans (now ALL tanking en masse with the collapse of ScryptCC) were steered to this obvious Ponzi.  The Paycoiners were all giddy and sure that by doubling down in the ScryptCC Ponzi after getting hardcore ripped off with the  Paycoin scam they would be RICH!. Shocking that it didn't work out...

Is there anything of this sort going on with BTCjam? With BTCLend and now Bitlend it is slap you HARD in the face obvious what they are doing. At least Carmelo Milian was smart enough to not strap Joe Mordica (devd for BTCLend) to the hood of his operation !

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:26:09 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 10:55:19 AM by Bourbon44

My issue is with your screening process on the borrowers you have listed for us. To me it appears if it is not just about collecting fees then your exposing us (the lenders) to these bad risks looks like you are not doing your do diligence.

The credit rating system over there is laughable. Case in point, take a look at this loan: https://btcjam.com/listings/49296-credit-card-debt---trusted-borrower-

A- Rating on the loan given by BTCJam let's go through the specifics:

late on 12 of 20 payments on loans prior
0 equity in the site - 100% debt, no investments in other listings
this loan is by a multiple larger than any of his previous loans
borrower takes out a loan for credit card debt but does not verify a credit card. hmm, i wonder why that would be?
borrower's prior loans are for repayment of student debt, fix transmission on a car, and security deposit on a rental unit.

think about that last item for a second. assuming he's telling the truth, we know:
1. he has additional debt on top of his monstrous credit card debt,
2. his car is a pos,
3. and he doesn't own real property.

what does that mean?

he's judgment proof. i.e. it means he's broke, he has no assets. so, in the event that he does likely default, and a borrower wishes to try and recoup, they'll get nowhere, because the guy, while he might not be a scammer, clearly does not have the means to pay these loans off. if it goes to court, there will likely be nothing to liquidate to pay off the loans because he owns no assets. thus, judgment proof. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

these are your A- listings at BTCJam folks.

so, if you're on the conservative auto invest, these are the types of loans that btcjam puts you in. loans that that no reputable financial agency or lender would consider "A-."

so what happens when btcjam negligently (although much more likely, recklessly, worst case, fraudulently) assigns these A- ratings to people who would otherwise get laughed out of a loan office or bank?

some poor sap, with no chance of ever seeing a dime of this money should this loan go into default, kicks the guy 18+BTC. don't get me wrong, i'm not about protecting people from themselves. and what is that about a fool and their money? my sympathy is muted. however, if jam is going to post these ratings, they owe it to the people who use the site to back these ratings with some sort of credible criteria. to echo the point above, it's like they're throwing darts at a wall, although cynics might think that they're purposefully pumping up these ratings to get people to invest because listings for borrowers has dropped off precipitously. clearly the 18+BTC sap was not expecting this payment to be late as evidenced by his numerous consecutive comments on the listing. maybe if jam had put some thought into their credit rating it could have given some users a second thought before investing so much, when they are clearly not in a position to invest such amounts in what in reality is a very risky loan to a very risky borrower. but as it stands, there is no counterbalance to some of these so called respected lenders who post crap on the site like they know a borrower is trustworthy because they spew BS about being late on payments better than some other late borrower.

bottom line, if for whatever reason, you do feel the need to invest in BTCJam, NEVER trust a rating on BTCJam. rating methodology has not been released and likely never will because, apparently, there is none. NEVER trust other investors who invest in these loans. they have just as much knowledge, and very possibly, less expertise than you, and the folks at jam, at assessing risk.

peace.
jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:32:56 PM

The whole we got our fees thing is getting pretty old. As I mentioned a few times already, fees dont make this business sustainable alone. This whole idea is ridiculous.
actually you did not improve your System in the Past 6 Month. Examples wanted?

a) your Fee System is still ridic, you charge 5% for a Listing( it should be more 0.5%) and you are asking 5% for listing a Note (remember the Reason for Listing a Note is usaly that the Shit hits the Fan...)
b)Verify of Bank for non US Customer still not possible. (i mean how hard, can it to setup that?...)
c) the Reference System is a Joke, it should be much more influenced by the one who vouch for you, i mean 10 Facebook friend that give a reference for you, that mean nothing... someone who has a positive Rating in BTCjam or other lending site, that is a reference.

In general you are squezing the fruit, but there are very little improvements overall.
jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:35:33 PM

The credit rating system over there is laughable. Case in point, take a look at this loan: https://btcjam.com/listings/49296-credit-card-debt---trusted-borrower-

A- Rating on the loan given by BTCJam let's go through the specifics:

late on 12 of 20 payments on loans prior
0 equity in the site - 100% debt, no investments in other listings
this loan is by a multiple larger than any of his previous loans
borrower takes out a loan for credit card debt but does not verify a credit card. hmm, i wonder why that would be?
borrower's prior loans are for repayment of student debt, fix transmission on a car, and security deposit on a rental unit.

think about that last item for a second. assuming he's telling the truth, we know:
1. he has additional debt on top of his monstrous credit card debt,
2. his car is a pos,
3. and he doesn't own real property.

what does that mean?

he's judgment proof. i.e. it means he's broke, he has no assets. so, in the event that he does likely default, and a borrower wishes to try and recoup, they'll get nowhere, because the guy, while he might not be a scammer, clearly does not have the means to pay these loans off. if it goes to court, there will likely be nothing to liquidate to pay off the loans because he owns no assets. thus, judgment proof. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

these are your A- listings at BTCJam folks.

so, if you're on the conservative auto invest, these are the types of loans that btcjam puts you in. loans that that no reputable financial agency or lender would consider "A-."

so what happens when btcjam negligently (although much more likely, recklessly, worst case, fraudulently) assigns these A- ratings to people who would otherwise get laughed out of a loan office or bank?

some poor sap, with no chance of ever seeing a dime of this money should this loan go into default, kicks the guy 18+BTC. don't get me wrong, i'm not about protecting people from themselves. and what is that about a fool and their money? my sympathy is muted. however, if jam is going to post these ratings, they owe it to the people who use the site to back these ratings with some sort of credible criteria. to echo the point above, it's like they're throwing darts at a wall, although cynics might think that they're purposefully pumping up these ratings to get people to invest because listings for borrowers has dropped off precipitously. clearly the 18+BTC sap was not expecting this payment to be late as evidenced by his numerous consecutive comments on the listing. maybe if jam had put some thought into their credit rating it could have given some users a second thought before investing so much, when they are clearly not in a position to invest such amounts in what in reality is a very risky loan to a very risky borrower. but as it stands, there is no counterbalance to some of these so called respected lenders who post crap on the site like they know a borrower is trustworthy because they spew BS about being late on payments better than some other late borrower.

bottom line, if for whatever reason, you do feel the need to invest in BTCJam, NEVER trust a rating on BTCJam. rating methodology has not been released and likely never will because, apparently, there is none. NEVER trust other investors who invest in these loans. they have just as much knowledge, and very possibly, less expertise than you, and the folks at jam, at assessing risk.

peace.

so true and that's why i always asking why are you charging 5%. For what exactly?
Paul Revere

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:49:08 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 07:20:41 PM by Paul Revere

Are there patterns in what the borrowers who get inflated ratings are investing in? For example: If an investor states he is interested in a certain "Cloud Miner" (aka Ponzi- and ya I know there are maybe a couple of legit CMs) does he get his rating kicked up so it gets funded by auto investors?

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
DavieT 1337

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:43:44 PM

Iam also in in BTCjam. I find the Plattform quit awesome in its Service and Design.
But at this Moment i dont know if this guiys really are scammers.... I dont know... I maid an invest already and got paid back and could also withdraw my fun ds easily...

so maybe just the Panic mode... but Fire starts small  Grin

Therefore iam gonne let my invest be small and not loss than big amount on that site. Anyways i think its responsible from the Users if they will pay u back...

regards
DavieT 1337
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:38:24 PM

Btcjam is just a scam that wont repay any ammount you loan to thirdies,you can get paid now make another investment and you may loose all,soo my advice stay away from these site if you like your money.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:46:23 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 10:40:17 AM by Bourbon44

Actually, no it's not. It's a very legitimate concern and will eventually come back to haunt you and your colleagues on your BS business practices.

The whole incentive structure at BTCJam is warped. Jam receives their fee once a loan is funded, paid for by the lenders.

BTCJam are not lenders. They provide a platform, and this fee is paid for by the lenders, not the borrowers. The way the fee structure is set up is such that Jam maximizes their profitability when borrowers have the most loans funded.  NOT when borrowers repay the loans. They have no interest in providing credible credit ratings, and to actually expend funds to do research to provide such ratings reduces BTCJam's profitability.

If you are a lender in BTCJam be well aware:

YOU ARE NOT OUTSOURCING ANY CREDIT RESEARCH OR RISK ASSESSMENT TO BTCJAM. THEIR FEE STRUCTURE IS SET UP SUCH THAT THEY GAIN THE MOST WHEN THE MOST LOANS ARE FUNDED. NOT WHEN LOANS ARE PAID OFF. THEY HAVE AN INCENTIVE TO GET AS MANY LOANS FUNDED AS POSSIBLE. TO ACTUALLY EXPEND RESOURCES TO PROVIDE ACCURATE CREDIT RATINGS OR SEE LOANS PAID OFF, LIKE ACTUAL LENDERS, REDUCES BTCJAM'S PROFITABILITY.

One day, someone smarter than you or myself is going to figure out a way to make this work, and they're going to put you and your ilk out on the fucking street.

EDIT TO ADD:

If you don't believe me, ask a BTCJam employee to enlighten you on how they apply credit ratings. See how far that question gets you.

Also, BTCSupport does not even attempt to dispute the claim from the poster who addressed such concerns. Maybe BTCSupport is right, the fee system does not make the business sustainable alone. But then, the question remains how do they make money or keep the business sustainable? They certainly do not profit from loans being paid off. Hmmm.
Wattda

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:07:19 PM

It is too bad because the concept is a solid one but it is too bad that small guys like us are footing the bill.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:40:58 PM

Several scammers using it to fund their projects ,meaning to steall your money ,since you cant follow where the money is at and even ask a refund,soo i had lended and well i saw someone complaint about some member with the biggest reputation A these means people asking loans and paying to achieve those rank then can scam you easy way.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:59:28 AM

Are there patterns in what the borrowers who get inflated ratings are investing in? For example: If an investor states he is interested in a certain "Cloud Miner" (aka Ponzi- and ya I know there are maybe a couple of legit CMs) does he get his rating kicked up so it gets funded by auto investors?

You are just fishing there.   The problem is simply once BTCjam collects their fees they don't really have any skin in the game.   That is bad for the the investors that have nothing but skin in the game.   Coupled with the fact that the advice pushed by BTCjam is just plain bad for investors and good for people trying to pull off scams. 

You can make BTC at their site, but it involves a lot of effort and time.   
Paul Revere

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:57:03 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 01:56:40 AM by Paul Revere

I posted this in the Bitlend thread, and it occurred to me that the last question posed here may very well apply to BTCjam as well. Where is BTCjam registered (if at all)?  

Is this the correct and complete lineup of the principals involved with Bitlend?

D. Allen Shinners
Joe Mordica
Adam Matlack
Michael J. Koerner
Jason Sponaugle
Richard Nelson
Eric Kraus

ALL of these people were/are deeply involved in GAW and/or Paycoin.

Since the pack of really standup guys running Bitlend refuse to answer even the most basic of questions about the Bitlend operation, I have sifted through the various statements made by the admitted principles- some of which have since been removed or edited, to try to ascertain the complete ownership of this completely legitimate and trustworthy lending institution. Please respond and verify that these people are all involved in Bitlend, and also please indicate any others, including paid shills and such.

While you are at it, can you please answer the question about the supposed Dubai business incorporation for Bitlend? Is it a UAE/Dubai registered business or not? Why on earth are you refusing to answer even the most basic questions about Bitlend? If the UAE/Dubai registration is legitimate and not a flat out lie, then who are the UAE national(s) who have the 51% minimum ownership of Bitlend that is required for that to be legitimate?

Expect this list of valid and basic questions about Bitlend to grow and be asked repeatedly until they are answered. If anyone is aware of any information that I have missed or an incorrect conclusion I have made about the above, please post here with any information you have.

This question goes out to everyone, but the Bitlend Operation Team in particular, of course: Assuming the Dubai registration is valid, and at this time that is a big if, Bitlend appears to be perhaps be barely in compliance with various anti-fraud and anti-predatory lending laws of the United States of America and it's constituent States , skirting regulation of some due to operating with Bitcoin instead of USD, and perhaps also by "registering" (maybe) the Bitlend operation in Dubai. To my knowledge ALL of the principles in Bitlend are United States Citizens who currently reside in the United States. If all of Bitlend's acting principles are residing in and performing the functions of this "company" (no proof of actual legal incorporation has been provided yet) within the United States of America, are they then not required to adhere to US laws?

Another thing occurred to me yesterday, which I am unsure about. Bitlend appears to be operating in a "legal gray area" due to the loans being made in BTC. (What about WY and NY??) However, the ultimate liability of the borrower and protection for the lender rests in collection agencies. These collection agencies will seek remedy not in BTC, but in United States Dollars. If the ultimate liability of these loans rests in USD, does that make Bitlend subject to the financial, anti-fraud, and anti-predatory lending laws (especially CO's APLLs) that they are trying to skirt? This is a very serious question that needs to be addressed. Bitlend? Are you going to answer? Any legal or financial professional's here on BCT care to give their opinion on this?

Paul Revere

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:01:22 PM

You are just fishing there.   The problem is simply once BTCjam collects their fees they don't really have any skin in the game.   That is bad for the the investors that have nothing but skin in the game.   Coupled with the fact that the advice pushed by BTCjam is just plain bad for investors and good for people trying to pull off scams.  

You can make BTC at their site, but it involves a lot of effort and time.  

You missed the entire point of that post, but then I would not expect anything else from you. Since you were incapable of figuring it out, the point is this: Is it possible that BTCjam is funneling loans into "operations" of which they operate/have a cut of/ receive a kickback from ? BTCLend seems to have done this in a HUGE way, and now the new Bitlend operation may be doing the same as well.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:44:24 PM

Never really saw the point of btc jam. The price of BTC is way too volatile, and there are too many scams.

There are so many possibilities that result in the lender getting screwed.

If the price goes up, a legitimate borrower wont' be able to pay you back, so you are screwed.

If the price goes down, a legitimate borrower can pay you back quickly, leaving you with a more BTC, but less to actually do with them.

Then we get to all the borrowers that are "investing" in various schemes/scams/assorted nonsense. When you lend to someone who is investing in something else (like everyone lending any coins at all was doing during the pirate days), you are actually investing in that underlying scam, with MORE risk (the risk that the borrower will rob you) and LESS reward (because the borrower needs a cut.

Lending coins long term just doesn't make sense to me.
BitcoinGB1106

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:02:57 PM

Their support is the worst i've ever dealt with. Been waiting over 7 days to get them to change my email address on the acct so I can receive the withdrawl verification email. Have had btc sitting in the acct waiting to be withdrawn for 1 week now. Awesome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: