Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 10594 times)
Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:57:34 PM

Maybe one day, some currency will replace the US dollar as a reserve currency, it could even be based on crypto technology.

How cool would that be. Suddenly the entity controlling the money wouldn't be the only one printing the money.

There are too many US dollars anyway...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:24:37 PM

Btw, what is the connection between SolidCoin and Al-Qaeda?
localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:41:56 PM

I'll just leave this here:
Note use of future tense in the very last sentence.
I wonder if those intelligent people are the same who said in September "hey, 18M max coins isn't enough, let's make that infinite and premine 13M already!" and then a few days ago "wow, we're making far too many coins, we should make new blocks worth 1/7th of what they used to!" Oh, well...

Maybe one day, some currency will replace the US dollar as a reserve currency, it could even be based on crypto technology.
The dollar isn't a reserve currency. Gold is. Because it, unlike any printed or computed money, has an intrinsic value.

-
localhost

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

Not too sharp yet are we?  Taken econ 101 yet?
No, that would be a waste of my time. But you obviously haven't either, otherwise you wouldn't be a SC worshiper.
The dollar isn't a proper reserve currency.[...]
Happy now?

-
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:18:14 PM

It doesn't mean a thing. That statement was in relation to Liberty Dollar, who clearly tried to make a currency that resembles the US dollar.

The last time I looked, the solidcoin logo was still purple.

+1 and i hate SC,

That nicely written peice of Legal document does not affect us.
I touch only bitcoins.

+1 and I am 100% convinced ScamCoin is worthless.

LibertyCoin was a case of fraud and counterfiting.  Nothing more.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin, ScamCoin, or any other alt-coin unless you decide to launch "FederalReserveCoins" and make statement indicating it is legal tender and guaranteed by the US Federal Reserve to be good for all debts public and private.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:40:45 AM

BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...

HAHA The three times I have, RealSolid bans in less than a minute even though I have never posted once.

Ten98, I'm surprised you even suggested this. I assume you hang out in #solidcoin all the time. You should know that RealSolid bans us the moment we log in with our username or our IP. And anyone dares say anything bad about solidcoin or complain about it, they get banned pretty quickly. #solidcoin is run by a tyrant, and it's the opposite of "free for anyone to come in and chat to us, even trolls are welcome". If you want a real free chatroom, come visit #litecoin and talk about SC if you want. Everyone is welcome even you, Ten98. I won't ban anyone, except for spammers. So far, I have not banned a single person.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:49:04 AM

Dude, RS said his goal with 1) to make a currency 2) which is stronger than governments 3) to take over the world.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but that is some crazy shit.  Crazy shit that I wouldn't want anyone to get wrapped up in due to ignorance.

If you think SC is clean from liability, great.  I don't.

Why are you constantly bringing this up? "Making a currency which is stronger than governments and taking over the world" is not bad advertisement at all. Smiley
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:24:55 AM

BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...

HAHA The three times I have, RealSolid bans in less than a minute even though I have never posted once.

Ten98, I'm surprised you even suggested this. I assume you hang out in #solidcoin all the time. You should know that RealSolid bans us the moment we log in with our username or our IP. And anyone dares say anything bad about solidcoin or complain about it, they get banned pretty quickly. #solidcoin is run by a tyrant, and it's the opposite of "free for anyone to come in and chat to us, even trolls are welcome". If you want a real free chatroom, come visit #litecoin and talk about SC if you want. Everyone is welcome even you, Ten98. I won't ban anyone, except for spammers. So far, I have not banned a single person.
Coblee, it looks like you are not banned from #solidcoin right now.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:27:07 AM

Coblee, it looks like you are not banned from #solidcoin right now.

I figured I'd take up on Ten98's offer and try again. I haven't been banned yet.

Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 09:48:44 AM

I guess you were just screwiing with me, make that four times now banned instantly by Realsolid on sign in.

Usually only trolls get banned :-)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 11:49:15 AM

I guess you were just screwiing with me, make that four times now banned instantly by Realsolid on sign in.

In Solidcoin IRC simply saying anything RS disagrees with gets you banned. The same way sp0tter got banned last night for simply calling him out on BS. RS is one of the biggest cowards on the internet.
It's true, I looked at the log, BTCEX was banned almost immediatly

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:33:26 PM

In Solidcoin IRC simply saying anything RS disagrees with gets you banned. The same way sp0tter got banned last night for simply calling him out on BS. RS is one of the biggest cowards on the internet.
It's true, I looked at the log, BTCEX was banned almost immediatly

So my statements remains: trolls get banned ^^
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:15:29 PM

So sp0tter is a troll?

Solid Coin Troll definition: anyone who disagrees with or points out legitimate criticism of the glorious leader.
panerai

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:10:13 PM

they're digging their own grave guys, just let them. its not hard to see them walking slowly off the cliff. it's just a matter of time. hopefully the smart ones will dump and profit now before it's too late.
panerai

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 07:12:01 PM

they're digging their own grave guys, just let them. its not hard to see them walking slowly off the cliff. it's just a matter of time. hopefully the smart ones will dump and profit now before it's too late.

Can you even move the coins around now to do that last I heard there was transaction bug which prevented it.

yea, i think the exchanges have to update to some beta code that god knows what other bug will introduce. any business man with common sense is going to stay away from buggy closed code that could be doing who knows what. If I were an exchange or pool, I wouldn't be hosting that software, no way.
grndzero

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 03:23:38 AM

I challenge RS to an open debate in IRC about Solidcoin.

Nothing good comes from debating zealots and megalomaniacs. They are not logical and quick to anger when their authority is challenged and/or confronted with facts that don't fit their paradigm.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 06:05:18 AM

I think that would be a fun read! You should post the log here if you do it.
Ten98

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:07:51 PM

This didn't actually happen.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:10:57 PM

Come on CoinHunter at least try and keep your sockpuppets identies seperate.

How would you know unless you are CoinHunter/RealSolid?  RealSolid is never in IRC when you aren't?
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:26:16 PM

Come on CoinHunter at least try and keep your sockpuppets identies seperate.

How would you know unless you are CoinHunter/RealSolid?  RealSolid is never in IRC when you aren't?

I asked on meta if we could get these stupid sockpuppets banned and never got a response.

CoinHunter - pretending to be a total moron isn't a good disguise for you, you are already a total moron so your sockpuppets look and act exactly like you. No-one believes SolidCoin has a snowball's chance in hell of getting you rich. You can't code, you can't design, and no-one likes you.

If BCX is right about you being Daniel Parnell you should know you look like a freak. Have a wash, a shave, get a proper job, and stop trolling projects you don't understand.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: