Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 10590 times)
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 09:41:09 PM

Coinhunter is finally starting to try to answer questions from new SC people. I cannot believe the absolute BS he says, does he think people cannot read, nor observe for themselves?

*He says he hasn't spent a single coin from the CPF as the left overs from SC1 are still very plentiful.

* No one is "born" as an SC millionaire (Guess he forget about the 12 million pre-mine)

* Repeats that 112 million is unspendable (Guess he forgot he released the source)

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/429-yet-another-topic-with-questions/page__view__findpost__p__4202

Oh BCX made a new account called "foxit"  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 10:45:27 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2011, 12:11:03 AM by Martin Lawrence (Guildminers)

Well, I don't play games sonny. I'm too old for that. What are you, like 17 ? Keep on playing your childish games all day and you will get very far in life very fast.

I'm a very successful 41 year old and I play video games as a hobby.

How is gaming any different than scrap booking, which my sister does, or volleyball, which my brother does, or knitting, which my step sister does?  Just a way to pass time.  Playing video games occupies the mind a lot more than watching TV.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 10:53:07 PM

Oh BCX made a new account called "foxit"  Grin

This post advances the thread how ? Speculative at best. Please try to refrain from making useless posts and baseless accusations.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 11:48:20 PM

Well, I don't play games sonny. I'm too old for that. What are you, like 17 ? Keep on playing your childish games all day and you will get very far in life very fast.

I'm a very siccessful 41 year old and I play video games as a hobby.

How is gaming any different than scrap booking, which my sister does, or volleyball, which my brother does, or knitting, which my step sister does?  Just a way to pass time.  Playing video games occupies the mind a lot more than watching TV.

Define "siccessful" ( sic ) for me please.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 12:10:18 AM

"Siccessful" was a typo.  If you look on your keyboard, you'll see the i and u right next to each other.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 12:37:01 AM

Well, I didn't but even if I did the focal point is CH's BS replies.

Once again I've noticed that since the release of the source you no longer try to attack many of the previously denied claims but do the only thing you can, try and deflect.

The partial source code release has outted Solidcoin for what it really is.

How is the source code release "partial"  Huh
It compiles and runs just fine, looks quite complete to me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 12:41:43 AM

Once again I've noticed that since the release of the source you no longer try to attack many of the previously denied claims but do the only thing you can, try and deflect.

He didn't release the code for the trusted nodes or the 2.0 release.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

I'm a very siccessful 41 year old and I play video games as a hobby.

How is gaming any different than scrap booking, which my sister does, or volleyball, which my brother does, or knitting, which my step sister does?  Just a way to pass time.  Playing video games occupies the mind a lot more than watching TV.

Success would be different to different people.  I play some games (at 44), but nothing especially modern.  So some random measures could be:
 - I'm still married (25 years), alive, and my daughter is attending university next year.
 - I've done well in business, well enough to pay off my house, travel a bit and still have money in the bank.
 - My hobbies are a bit expensive (mainly my car for track purposes), and computer stuff.
 - We help keep various people alive and/or provide support to different causes (more my wife's organising than mine)

Also, I would tend not to write "buggy" or messy code, and if I promised source was supposed to be released, I'd stick by that.  I struggle to see how Solidcoin, and the people behind it measure their success as it is still struggling to gain traction.  Obfuscation and distraction generating a bunch of annoyed people doesn't seem to be very successful outcome.

I would also really like it if Ten98 could look up the definition of troll and use the term properly.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 01:11:05 AM

He didn't release the code for the trusted nodes or the 2.0 release.

In all fairness, it'd be impossible to 'prove' what code the control nodes are running. In order to bridge the gap from believing the same source we have is the source the majority of control nodes are running, it takes trusting in people who have zero accountability.

Which is an interesting case: RS previously stated that the CPF would be used to legally pursue control account operators if they act 'malicious'.  That would be fine and dandy if there were some kind of public, notarized contract (with legalese I can't even begin to imagine), signed by 10 different real, verifiable people, who would take financial responsibility for anything their control account, of the initial 10, puts/denies into the network.

POLL: Who here who has looked at the source would sign that contract? Roll Eyes

But then, what of control accounts from 'legitimate' SC Millionares?  They've signed no such contract.  It's back to zero accountability.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2011, 01:32:45 AM

heh, just noticed im in the logs, OMG IM MTV FAMOUS NOW Cheesy

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
bulanula

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 09:51:02 AM

heh, just noticed im in the logs, OMG IM MTV FAMOUS NOW Cheesy

What logs ?
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 05:11:22 PM

In all fairness, it'd be impossible to 'prove' what code the control nodes are running. In order to bridge the gap from believing the same source we have is the source the majority of control nodes are running, it takes trusting in people who have zero accountability.
We know that the trusted nodes are synchonized somehow, so that only one is signing blocks at any given time. I'm not sure if this would require any changes to the client itself - possibly not - but the software to do this synchronization definitely isn't public.

Which is an interesting case: RS previously stated that the CPF would be used to legally pursue control account operators if they act 'malicious'.  That would be fine and dandy if there were some kind of public, notarized contract (with legalese I can't even begin to imagine), signed by 10 different real, verifiable people, who would take financial responsibility for anything their control account, of the initial 10, puts/denies into the network.

I certainly wouldn't. In fact, that seems like a seriously bad idea.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
bulanula

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 09:25:05 PM

We know that the trusted nodes are synchonized somehow, so that only one is signing blocks at any given time. I'm not sure if this would require any changes to the client itself - possibly not - but the software to do this synchronization definitely isn't public.

I certainly wouldn't. In fact, that seems like a seriously bad idea.

The King controls the land and castles ( trusted nodes ). The peasants ( miners ) only bow down to his majesty. All hail King RealScam !!!

We are probably never going to see the trusted node source code.
Spacy

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 10:33:32 PM

We are probably never going to actually read or understand the already published trusted node source code.

Corrected it for you Smiley
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 10:41:41 PM

I can't read source code.

I know, otherwise you would never have made such a ludicrous statement.
If we are wrong about the trusted nodes, you could prove it by posted filenames and linenumbers of the relevant code.
Too bad you can't read the source to know what to post.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 02:12:01 AM

That or the mods could actually do their fucking job and get rid of the little pricks once and for all.

Hear that mods ? Do your fucking job or promote other people so they are able to clean these forums of the shit that's clogging it.

Getting tired of it all and it's really starting to make this place look bad.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 02:30:05 AM

That or the mods could actually do their fucking job and get rid of the little pricks once and for all.

Hear that mods ? Do your fucking job or promote other people so they are able to clean these forums of the shit that's clogging it.

Getting tired of it all and it's really starting to make this place look bad.

The mods have cleaned up.  I think the only reason alt currencies have their own forum is because Off-Topic was becoming flooded (i might be wrong).

Eventually the shock factor of SC's spectacular fail will die down and their trolls won't have a leg to stand on anymore.  Just ignore them, move along, and be sure to only post if it contributes to the discussion.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
caish5

Activity: 324

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 04:18:16 AM

Eventually the shock factor of SC's spectacular fail will die down and their trolls won't have a leg to stand on anymore.  Just ignore them, move along, and be sure to only post if it contributes to the discussion.

I keep hearing about this fail but I'm not seeing it....
SC hasn't been hacked
Price is pretty stable (and higher than all other alt currencies except NMC.)
Development is still happening rapidly. (Improved qt based client in the works.)
Even some merchants have started to come on board. (Head shop today!)
I know it's a little different to the other coins and doesn't conform totally to the decentralised dream, but failing it 'aint.

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 06:56:04 AM

I keep hearing about this fail but I'm not seeing it....
127 btc worth of market cap on the largest exchange compared to 350 for ltc. It may be currently valued higher, but that's artificial price support by those who benefit from free pre-mining and unlimited free coins.
SC hasn't been hacked
Check the source, it installs pre-hacked. Central control can do anything they want with your coins, your account and you ability to do anything about it. And has.
Price is pretty stable (and higher than all other alt currencies except NMC.)
Price is a minimal sample size and irrelevant to other altcoins. Each stands on its own merits or failings. Nmc actually have a purpose, ltc has a theoretical purpose, sc, gg, tbx, and fbx are get-rich-quick schemes by their various founders. At least the brix and gg are honest about it, and are trying to retroactively find a raison d'etre.
Development is still happening rapidly. (Improved qt based client in the works.)
Rapid bug fixes that create new bugs to cover up for falsehoods, fraud and extremely poor coding do not count as development, regardless of how much the developer claims his time is worth per hour. There are literally hundreds of useful bitcoin and altcoin features in the works. Open source, which sc does not enjoy, actually encourages development. Closed source, especially closed source based on pirated software inhibits development.
Even some merchants have started to come on board. (Head shop today!)
A single Head Shop, regardless of how critical that is to your personal economy, is not widespread merchant adoption. Think about the model of sc, and honesty answer yourself... if I was running a widget market, and my customers wanted to pay in a p2p crypto currency, would I prefer the world standard and those based on that format, or some buggy uncertain scam that is controlled by one emotionally unstable person who is beyond my jurisdiction in terms of enforcement of anything I hope to get from his coin? It hasn't happened, it isn't happening, and it isn't going to happen. That's just plain, cold, hard facts.
I know it's a little different to the other coins and doesn't conform totally to the decentralised dream, but failing it 'aint.
Let's take this one in parts- it's not "a little different" it is the antithesis of what altcoins are all about. It is the complete and intentional opposite championed by shouting fans who want to attract more victims so they can break even and get out of the pyramid before the world sees that the emperor is buck ass naked. Oops, too late. And he's is certifiable at the same time. Then, "doesn't conform totally to the decentralised (sic) dream". The very foundational concept of p2p crypto coins is to provide a anonymous decentralized model for value transfer. What sc does is give you nothing but centralized control, governed by a sociopath with enormous mood swings and delusions of grandeur. Saying it "doesn't conform totally..." is like saying Stalin had a couple of bad days at the office. He slaughtered his own population by the millions. Its that kind of power imbalance.

Is it alive? Yes. If that is your definintion "ain't failing" I concede the point meets your less than stringent standards of evidence. Will it ever be accepted outside of a very tiny, incestuous micro-society of mutual parasites feeding off each other, and one or two purveyors of alternate lifestyle accessories? No. Why would any legitimate business person even consider it? Because some jacked up Visual Basic cut and paste code thief says it is the most secure thing, and well on the way to parity with btc, ready to take over prominence any moment now? Please, get a grip on reality.

Have fun in your little clubhouse, you guys can knock yourselves out minting those wacky little shortbus coins and pretending that the world will someday care what Doctor Ding Dong feeds you as gospel. That's a big ain't.

Spacy

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 07:09:15 AM

I can't read source code.

I know, otherwise you would never have made such a ludicrous statement.
If we are wrong about the trusted nodes, you could prove it by posted filenames and linenumbers of the relevant code.
Too bad you can't read the source to know what to post.  Roll Eyes

All the code for the trusted nodes is there. If you don't find it, you should take a coding class.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: