Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:57:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call  (Read 12882 times)
Cheshyr (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:21:57 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 02:29:48 AM by Cheshyr

This is a group buy for the March 18th batch of 1TH miners.  They are selling out silly fast, so we may have to close this early if they run out.  (~60 left)

Pricing:
1-3 units, $4200 each (~6.77BTC)
4-10 units $4000 each (~6.45BTC)
>10 units, PM me.

BTC and Wire Transfer Accepted.  Paypal is on a case-by-case basis; send a PM.

We will accept payment in BTC or Wire Transfer.  For BTC, we will use the Bitstamp or Coinbase exchange rates.  The vendor only accepts fiat payment, so payments need to be sent by Tues March 12th at Midnight EST.  Sorry, no escrow.  They won't ship without money in hand, and we don't have the cash to float.  If you have concerns, contact us and we'll do what we can to establish some credibility.

Shipping:
DHL International Shipping is included.  Package will be shipped from vendor directly to you.  You are responsible for any import fees.  Shipments from the March 18th batch are expected to be delivered around March 25th or 26th.

Specifications:
Power consumption: 960W from the wall
Size: 48cm * 31cm * 35cm
Total weight: 21kg
Temperature: operating temperature does not exceed 35 degrees
Noise: Less than 45dB
Fan Size: 3x 12cm fans
Power Supply: 2x 650W OR 1x 1000W
Chip Number: 40x 28nm chips across 5 hashing modules
Actual mining pools speed: >= 1000GHs
Package includes: Mining Machine, Power Cord, Manual, Network Cable

Warranty and DOA:
6 month warranty.  We'll keep spare parts on hand for repairs.

Who am I and why should you trust me?
Personally, I'm a nobody; I'd be willing to send documents to a reputable community member for verification.  My business partner has an excellent track record in merchandise sales.  He recently sold one of these units on ebay for $7200; you can check his feedback there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310880749188?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Refunds:
If we have not already sent the money to the vendor, and you request a refund, we will provide the refund in the amount and currency payment was made: fiat to fiat, bitcoin to bitcoin.  Once the money is sent to the vendor, it is out of our hands.

Ordering Process:
Indicate interest here and/or in a PM.  We'll contact you with a bitcoin payment address or wire transfer details.

More Pictures:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:09:33 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 02:45:26 PM by Cheshyr

Order Status Updates:

Paid in Full; Pending Shipment:
gallery2000
xjack
spiccioli
MWNinja
DimensionsOfHell
bobsag3
kendog77
krateczka
varakunai
Prolitkult
Cheeseater
millerg
Suave
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:13:16 AM

HUMMMM me likes...

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
robbcarpdm

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:32:10 AM

We appeciate you trying but this will not calc out with even the slow down in difficulty.

Will wait and do Ants......power is irrelant it hashing power at diff level that counts.

AT $3300-3500 these are break even at best at 3/18 ship date.

Can you substantiate the OC ability in some manner?  photos....... graph of time based performance.

These can work only if overclocked else we are all better off to buy BTC with out bothering to mine with this equipment....wont break even
robbcarpdm

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:34:03 AM

How is it it takes 7 days to ship?

Ants comes in 3 max

Thanks
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:38:04 AM

We appeciate you trying but this will not calc out with even the slow down in difficulty.

Will wait and do Ants......power is irrelant it hashing power at diff level that counts.

AT $3300-3500 these are break even at best at 3/18 ship date.

Can you substantiate the OC ability in some manner?  photos....... graph of time based performance.

These can work only if overclocked else we are all better off to buy BTC with out bothering to mine with this equipment....wont break even

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/a/bec67ec98f

It can break even. I have cheap power where I live. Even calculated in 4,500 MM difficulty. 
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:40:14 AM

I can't rationalize the purchase of mining equipment for you; that's your responsibility. We're offering access to the equipment at the best prices we can negotiate. We didn't attempt to over clock the device, and sold our previous unit in the eBay listing linked above. Our next units will arrive with this batch.

Shipping estimate is a hedge. All sorts of things can go wrong with shipping, so I estimated high. I would not be surprised to see 3 day deliveries, but I'm setting the expectations safely.
thenewb

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:50:22 PM

Update: 

We can make this unit in a smaller footpring 48X30X28cm rather than 48cmx31cmx35cm. The two story design with plexiglass seperative floor was engineered to create an effective wind tunnel, giving maximum cooling effectiveness. However, we do understand that many want as small a footprint as possible, so we designed the smaller version as well, it also has built in cooling and heatsinks, so please request the smaller case with your payment if you prefer that. Also, please make note that the price includes the 20% chinese export tax, and priority express shipping from DHL or FedEx, there is no faster shipping option, anyone that says that they can consistently ship in 3-days and clear customs on both sides is not being truthful.....

thenewb
thenewb

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

I forgot to say, all import duties and taxes are included and will be prepaid (as well as the export tax) in the price for USA and Canada  - other Countries may or may not receive additional brokerage fees, VAT, or duties from their government which they will be responsible for.

Thanks,
Newb
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:58:22 PM

I forgot to say, all import duties and taxes are included and will be prepaid (as well as the export tax) in the price for USA and Canada  - other Countries may or may not receive additional brokerage fees, VAT, or duties from their government which they will be responsible for.

Thanks,
Newb

There is no import duty for PC's to US and I believe I have read somewhere that Canada is no different.
thenewb

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:20:05 PM

Not to go off topic here, but USA does not have import duties but there is sometimes a customs broker fee which is paid by the sender (included) and Canada almost ALWAYS has a broker fee that usually comes due as a COD charge when the package is delivered by UPS or DHL and FedEx it is later sent by invoice after the delivery. I was just saying that we will be covering any and all import duties, broker fees, shipping costs, handling costs, etc... for USA and Canada

This batch of miners is running out fast, there are only 1400 in the March 18 batch of which about 1100 are already sold, we will have to close the buy when they are all sold out. The next batch will be more expensive, because the March 18 is a special promotionary price...... Thats why we closed the March 10 group buy and created this one so we could all get the lower price.
bobsag3

Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:44:42 PM

I get almost all my packages from china within 48 hrs... includes my express pallets.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:07:02 PM

Good to know, bobsag3.  Thanks.

Also, we're willing to be flexible on customs invoice, although we will not be held responsible if customs makes a stink on your end.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:15:52 PM

I may have missed this, but whose asic chips are we dealing with here?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:22:53 PM

I may have missed this, but whose asic chips are we dealing with here?
I honestly don't know; we did not disassemble our unit.  All the details seem to indicate Coincraft A1 chips, or something that performs similarly.  (28nm, 40 chips delivering 1Th at under 1W per GH).  As mentioned in the other thread, "It hashed at the advertised speeds in an environment with only moderate climate control for a week with no issues.  If you have concerns about the chip source, then I'd recommend careful consideration.  I'm not interest in providing products people are unhappy with."
robbcarpdm

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:16:55 PM

Based on an April 1 start date please review the numbers here

You will never breakeven the fact you can get it one week earlier helps but still will not break even......

Be careful and know what you are getting into and when.

These will be avaiable for less by 3/18 if not the ants will.

Either way know what you are getting into

http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/a/bec67ec98f

I may still get one for fun.....but that would be my only goal.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:29:24 AM

You've said this before. Are you selling antminers?

I agree that mining equipment is highly speculative, and everyone should be comfortable with their purchases, and understand the risks.

That said, I'd expected a slightly more enthusiastic turnout than the few inquiries I've received so far, especially after the recent price drop.  The units are selling out, but not here. Is there something I'm missing?
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:40:02 AM

I agree that mining equipment is highly speculative, and everyone should be comfortable with their purchases, and understand the risks.

That said, I'd expected a slightly more enthusiastic turnout than the few inquiries I've received so far, especially after the recent price drop.  The units are selling out, but not here. Is there something I'm missing?

I would probably buy directly from the manufacturer at this price point, or from a member that has a more established history of being trustworthy and organizing group buys. The biggest problem I have with this group buy is the trust factor and the fact that you are a relatively new member that hasn't organized anything like this before in the past.

If I understand this correctly, you are just the middle man between buyers and the manufacturer, but the manufacturer also is fairly new and doesn't have an established history.

Here are a few things that could possibly go wrong:
- Money never makes it from the group buy leader to the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer receives payment, but doesn't deliver the goods.
- The miners get caught up in customs.
- The miners arrive and don't work. Would we just be SOL or is there any warranty provided by the manufacturer?
- The miners are delivered late.

This seems like a lot of risk for a very small potential profit.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:07:52 AM

That said, I'd expected a slightly more enthusiastic turnout than the few inquiries I've received so far, especially after the recent price drop.  The units are selling out, but not here. Is there something I'm missing?

I would probably buy directly from the manufacturer at this price point, or from a member that has a more established history of being trustworthy and organizing group buys. The biggest problem I have with this group buy is the trust factor and the fact that you are a relatively new member that hasn't organized anything like this before in the past.

If I understand this correctly, you are just the middle man between buyers and the manufacturer, but the manufacturer also is fairly new and doesn't have an established history.

Here are a few things that could possibly go wrong:
- Money never makes it from the group buy leader to the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer receives payment, but doesn't deliver the goods.
- The miners get caught up in customs.
- The miners arrive and don't work. Would we just be SOL or is there any warranty provided by the manufacturer?
- The miners are delivered late.

This seems like a lot of risk for a very small potential profit.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we are playing middleman, same as every other group buy initiator.  We are doing more than taking orders, however.

There are other considerations if you want to order this unit directly from the manufacturer.  There is a 20% price increase that the manufacturer is placing on all sales outside of China, as well as shipping from China, and clearing export customs.  We have an established presence in China, and an agent who is handling this for us.  We're taking care of the 20%, covering the shipping, and managing the export process.  Participants in this group buy make a payment and receive a miner; the rest is our problem.

I have yet to have anyone ask for credentials and vetting.  I will gladly provide these if anyone is interested.  Send a PM, and we'll make arrangements.

Most of the potential problems you listed are a potential problem with every group, yet other group buys have gained traction.  You do bring up a good point about DOA; I'll verify how that will be handled and post an update.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:15:44 AM

Don't worry - for the most part Antminers come direct from the factory or their one sales rep.
You are going to be compared though to Antminers as a benchmark.  Because right now they have the only reasonably priced (1.1 BTC), readily available(2-4 days), scalable (200 Gh/s) asic miner.  Many of us have 2 -20 of these.
It is certainly better to have one unit at 1 Th/s rather than 5 at 200 GH/s.  But not at any price.  Plus the Antminer is a proven, dependable miner that gets delivered quickly.
All this is going to feed into the dollar and Sense of our decision.
Just so you know where some of us are coming from.

Edit: grammar
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:22:55 AM

Don't worry - for the most part Antminers come direct from the factory or their one sales rep.
You are going to be compared though to Antminers as a benchmark.  Because right now they have the only reasonably priced (1.1 BTC), readily available(2-4 days), scalable (200 Gh/s) asic miner.  Many of us have 2 -20 of these.
It is certainly better to have one unit at 1 Th/s rather than 5 at 200 GH/s.  But not at any price.  Plus the Antminer is a proven, dependable miner that gets delivered quickly.

I definitely appreciate the feedback, and I'm certainly not offended by the comparison and questions.

For the record...  currently an Antminer S1 at 1.1BTC comes out to ~$4.1/GHs and 2W/GH.  These units are looking at ~$4.2/GHs and 1W/GH.  These units comes with power supplies; the Antminers do not.  So they are fairly comparable, although I believe these have a slight advantage in the long run.

Anyway, the buy is open, and I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.  Don't hesitate to ask questions or contact us.
kendog77

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:30:03 AM

Do you accept Paypal since you already have an Ebay presence?

Unfortunately, it's hard to find a good balance between risk assumed by sellers and risk assumed by buyers when determining which payment method to accept.

Bitcoin and bank transfer are slanted towards sellers, and Paypal and credit cards are slanted towards buyers.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

Paypal for anything bitcoin related is essentially Russian Roulette with only one empty chamber.  That's too much risk for us for something this specific.  General auctions seem to fall through the cracks a little easier.

Escrow is a nice middle ground, but it requires us to float the money until the escrow completes, as opposed to passing the funds through directly.  It's not something we can make generally available, since we don't have a bunch of liquid capital.  I can bring it up again with my partner if someone is serious about placing an order this way, but previous discussions came up negative.

I'm willing to consider other ways of establishing trust, but it sounds like nothing will be enough except a previous successful group buy, which is a bit of a catch 22.  I'm open to suggestions.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:09:24 AM

Paypal for anything bitcoin related is essentially Russian Roulette with only one empty chamber.  That's too much risk for us for something this specific.  General auctions seem to fall through the cracks a little easier.

Escrow is a nice middle ground, but it requires us to float the money until the escrow completes, as opposed to passing the funds through directly.  It's not something we can make generally available, since we don't have a bunch of liquid capital.  I can bring it up again with my partner if someone is serious about placing an order this way, but previous discussions came up negative.

I'm willing to consider other ways of establishing trust, but it sounds like nothing will be enough except a previous successful group buy, which is a bit of a catch 22.  I'm open to suggestions.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't take Paypal or escrow. Some people want it either way and you are stuck in the middle having to risk your own money. I know it sucks man. I do it everyday in my normal day job, but luckily I get to meet all my customers face to face and deal with huge corporations who sue a customer for not paying. Honestly, you can do escrow on a case by case basis. Anyone that has been on here a decent amount of time and has positive feedback would probably be safe, after some serious profile snooping. Paypal is a whole different animal. I am not even going to touch that one.

Just the thoughts of a stranger on the internet. Good luck with the group buy!
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:49:34 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. It is what it is, I guess. As I said previously, we've already ordered and paid for our units, and there are other interested parties... Just not as many as we expected. We're glad to offer the service if anyone else becomes interested.
thenewb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:39:05 AM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know, that my company has been in business since 1998, we design and market many products, we currently sell to Sears, Petco, PetSmart, Amazon and other retailers, on ebay we have over 20,000 feedback rating on one of the accounts with a 99.7% positive ratio. This unit bids up to over $7,000 on eBay u can see our finished auction here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310880749188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861efc684

and we have another one closing in 5 days here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310887614404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48625887c4

We have an office in China (Yantai) with two full time agents, a "connected" chinese customs broker, a factory in Ningbo, three warehouses with offices in USA, one in UK, and one in AU. If anything goes wrong with your miner we will be able to resolve it free of charge in the first 6-months, and after that will only charge for parts; We will have all parts; PCB's, spare modules available. We can't give refunds for mining equipment, but we are not going anywhere, and will make sure it keeps running for you. I have been running one of these 1TH units for weeks now and it has never missed a beat......

Anyways, I wanted to speak to the credibility issue and I have no problem accepting paypal, but as you can see we are getting this buy basically at below normal cost so we have to ask you to pay the paypal fees. If you are willing to pay the fees, then I don't have a problem, just PM us. I know this buy will have to be closed soon as the batch is almost sold out already. Dave is very modest, he is actually an all-star embedded systems engineer and we are developing next generation mining gear as I type this message, so stay tuned......

Best Regards,
Newb
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:41:04 AM

I definitely appreciate the feedback, and I'm certainly not offended by the comparison and questions.

For the record...  currently an Antminer S1 at 1.1BTC comes out to ~$4.1/GHs and 2W/GH.  These units are looking at ~$4.2/GHs and 1W/GH.  These units comes with power supplies; the Antminers do not.  So they are fairly comparable, although I believe these have a slight advantage in the long run.

Anyway, the buy is open, and I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.  Don't hesitate to ask questions or contact us.

Yes - when you add in the psu's total purchase price is essentially the same.  So the real question is trust of the seller and delivery timing.
vilgem

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:48:53 AM

I get almost all my packages from china within 48 hrs... includes my express pallets.
You get packages from China faster than respond to emails of your Minersource customers. Do not you find it strange?

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:57:45 AM

Update: 6 month warranty, Paypal now accepted on a case by case basis; send a PM.  We will keep parts on hand for quick repairs.  I will update the OP.

edit: @vilgem: I'm sorry if you have a complaint with bobsag3, but please keep it in his threads.  
SVK

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:39:49 AM

Hi Cheshyr,

I can't decide what to do but that is my problem lol.

However I would ask you two questions Smiley

1, Value declared on import documentation is ?
2, Is it possible to supply these without PSU's to save on shipping costs and what would be approximate price ?

I'm based in UK and Paypal would be my preferred payment method.

Thank you very much and good luck
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

@SVK We are flexible on what we will list on the customs invoice. However, we won't be responsible if you request an excessively low value and customs calls you on it.

We are already covering shipping costs for you.

Send me a pm with the details of what you're considering ordering, and we can make arrangements. If you use paypal, you will be responsible for the paypal fees.
SVK

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

@SVK We are flexible on what we will list on the customs invoice. However, we won't be responsible if you request an excessively low value and customs calls you on it.

We are already covering shipping costs for you.

Send me a pm with the details of what you're considering ordering, and we can make arrangements. If you use paypal, you will be responsible for the paypal fees.

I understand that customs are my problem and it will have to be reasonable.
If I go ahead it would be only one unit. believe it or not but 4 ants still didn't ROI and I'm mining since mid December. That is reality so I'm really cautious on this purchase.

Thank you for coming back to me quickly 
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

PMd regarding PayPal.  Also sent a message through eBay asking you to verify that account as associated with this group buy.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:12:48 PM

@SVK Not a problem.  We'll be here.

@xjack:  PM received; will reply shortly. 
thenewb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:00:27 PM

@xjack: answered you on eBay
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Ok, I think I'm caught up on the PMs.  I've updated the order status posting at the beginning of the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500969.msg5518531#msg5518531

If I've missed anyone, let me know.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

Going to watch this post vary interested in these miners. These for sure are the next best thing after Antminers. I might be able to afford next group buy. Once you get a few miners delivered and people post about it you should start doing tons more sales!! Well as long as the antminer s2 dont drop soon ..

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

Going to watch this post vary interested in these miners. These for sure are the next best thing after Antminers. I might be able to afford next group buy. Once you get a few miners delivered and people post about it you should start doing tons more sales!! Well as long as the antminer s2 dont drop soon ..
The price we've negotiated is a promotional price, so I don't know if it'll continue into the next group buy, but we'll do the best we can.  Until then, we're going to keep our focus on the March 18th group buy.  Let us know if you have any questions.
thenewb

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:22:14 AM

Please remember that if you want the smaller case size to say so when you place your order!
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:37:56 AM

Factory update: they have less than 150 miners left.  It appears these are selling out faster than expected.  I will send an update message to everyone who has expressed interest so far.
varakunai

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:24:24 AM

Okay, i'm in.  I'll take 4 at the 4k price, i want to pay 2 with paypal and 2 in BTC.  I understand i will have to pay the paypal .30$ + 2.9% fee.  I can pay the paypal tomorrow, and the BTC by tue at the lastest (just bought 20btc from coinbase, they took the money but the BTC won't come until mon or tue.)

I will Review the units once i get them and give a video feedback.

Set it up for me in a PM and we'll get it done.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:24:46 AM

Thanks for the orders.  I believe I'm caught up again... at least for another hour.  If anyone has questions, send them on over.  I'm not expecting this Group Buy to last much longer, the way stock is clearing out.
blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:19:15 AM

pm sent
Thanks
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:02:35 PM

I'm in the process of working through last nights PMs now. 
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:23:09 PM

I believe I am now caught up.  Let me know if I missed anyone.
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:43:16 PM

I'll take 10 in the smaller form factor please.
thenewb

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:46:07 AM

Ty Ninja, pls send order to Cheshyr by PM
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:39:26 PM

All,

If it helps in your buying decision my close friend, Uncle Scrooge, has received and setup and is mining his unit from this seller.  Please note that this is NOT a vote of trust for this seller but rather is a statement of fact in regards to my buddy's buying experience.

H@shKraker.

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:17:21 PM

I'll take 10 in the smaller form factor please.
You gonna start another GB with those Ninja?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

I think I'm all caught up again.  Update from the factory says there are ~90 units left.
xjack

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

Saw a post indicating these scream like a banshee - can anyone confirm or elaborate on the noise levels?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

Saw a post indicating these scream like a banshee - can anyone confirm or elaborate on the noise levels?
I'll ask thenewb to clarify about noise levels.
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

P.M for you Smiley
krateczka

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:16:18 PM

P.M for you Smiley

Please also PM Me. Thanks
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:26:12 PM

All caught up with PMs again.  Still working on a couple invoices.
thenewb

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:43:05 PM

Regarding the noise, it is not bad.... The sound is about the same as 2 or 3pc of antminers running, maybe less...... Nothing like the technobit units
jacoo

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:18:08 PM

why not upload short video? Huh
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your orders.  The factory is down to about 60 units.  I will need to close the buy on Monday or Tuesday, to make sure we get payment to them in time.  
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:04:18 AM

Thanks everyone for your orders.  The factory is down to about 60 units.  I will need to close the buy on Monday or Tuesday, to make sure we get payment to them in time.  
You have Skype?
I have a lot of questions about order.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:57:57 PM

You have Skype?
I have a lot of questions about order.
I have replied to your PM with contact details, including my skype account.  I do not use skype often; it is not my default communication method, which is why it is not listed in my profile.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

Dang wish my tax return would hurry up lol !!!

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:44:44 PM

Dang wish my tax return would hurry up lol !!!
Wish I could help.  :-(  The timing on those things is always inconvenient. 

Alright everyone, it's time to wrap this up.  Send me a PM if you're interested; I'll likely need to close this tomorrow morning.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:29:31 AM

That's it guys.  Game over.  Group Buy is closed.

If you've already sent me a message indicating interest, I need payment ASAP.  The factory is down to 20 units left.
h@shKraker

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

Hey guys, just to be clear on something I posted earlier ..... My buddy, Uncle Scrooge *DID* buy one of these units from the MANUFACTURER but the purchase was not through *THIS* seller.  That to say, the machines are real and there's no reason a reputable seller can't do good business.  Sorry for the confusion.

H@shKraker

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:52:12 PM

Hey guys, just to be clear on something I posted earlier ..... My buddy, Uncle Scrooge *DID* buy one of these units from the MANUFACTURER but the purchase was not through *THIS* seller.  That to say, the machines are real and there's no reason a reputable seller can't do good business.  Sorry for the confusion.

H@shKraker
Thanks for clarifying.  I thought the world was getting quite small, if your Uncle was the buyer on our eBay auction.

To everyone else: I'll have a better status update for you soon.  We've placed the order with the factory, and we're in the process of transferring the funds.  There were a couple of hoops that needed jumping, both from the US side and the China side, but I think we'll be done with the acrobatics Thursday or Friday.
h@shKraker

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:35:57 AM

Remember .... acrobatics are fun if you're doing them in  a kiddie pool filled with Jell-o

-H

Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:32:14 AM

Pretty stoked about receiving these. So far, it's been a pleasure to do business with you Cheshyr. Grin
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:35:08 PM

Thanks Suave; glad to hear it.

I've sent an email to everyone who has placed and order, but I'll repeat the update here:

The vendor, http://www.lketc.com/, has announced a delay in shipping from March 18th to March 19th.  While I don't think this will cause us to miss our delivery estimates of March 25-26, I wanted to let everyone know.
krateczka

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:13:43 PM

I've sent an email to everyone who has placed and order, but I'll repeat the update here:

The vendor, http://www.lketc.com/, has announced a delay in shipping from March 18th to March 19th.  While I don't think this will cause us to miss our delivery estimates of March 25-26, I wanted to let everyone know.

I hope that this will not be a long delay ....
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:24:51 PM

The vendor, http://www.lketc.com/, has announced a delay in shipping from March 18th to March 19th.  While I don't think this will cause us to miss our delivery estimates of March 25-26, I wanted to let everyone know.

I hope that this will not be a long delay ....
I understand that 'Delay' is one of the 7 deadly sins in Bitcoin, and we're monitoring this very closely.

If I had to guess, this is not a manufacturing delay, but a logistical delay.  There were a lot of orders, and the sheer volume of product being shipped may have caused them to need an extra day for some packages.  I've also heard that there is an... event?  conference?  Something is going on there that is causing minor interference with all shipping.

I still think we're on schedule for March 25-26 delivery, but I'll keep you posted.
Cheeseater

Activity: 351

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

Thanks for the updates, the only worse than bad news is no news.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:12:55 PM

Some people have been asking about the 1TH miners that various forum members have begun receiving this week.  Those are from the March 10th, before their rather significant price reductions.  Our units are part of the March 18th/19th batch.  

We paid the vendor in full last week.  I expect we should be able to start another group buy in the next day or two, once we finalize the pricing and shipping timeline of the next batch.  The price difference won't be nearly as drastic as the one between March 10th and March 18th batches, but it should be competitive with the new Bitmain S2s.

We'll send out individual shipping updates as soon as the units are on their way.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:07:03 AM

I'd love to order some more, but I'm gonna have to wait for these to get here and mine some BTC for me before I can order some more. Maybe if you get another GB for around Mid-Late April, I can order two more Smiley
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:18:34 PM

One more day till they start shipping right...?

Anyone know how to overclock these bad boys?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

One more day till they start shipping right...?

Anyone know how to overclock these bad boys?
We've already provided all shipping information and various payments to the vendor.  We expect to have a list of DHL Tracking Numbers within 48 hours.

The vendor ran out of NEMA 5-15P / C13 power cords part way through the order.  I will be shipping appropriate power cords to make up the difference, but they will come separate from the miners.  Just a heads up.

These units are controlled from a custom version of cgminer (based on 3.9.0) that is configured from the web interface running on the Rasp Pi.  Overclocking may be a non-trivial task, which is why we never attempted it.
Suave

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Other group buys, the chips on the units have be lowered from 40 chips to 32 chips. Is this the case for these as well?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

Other group buys, the chips on the units have be lowered from 40 chips to 32 chips. Is this the case for these as well?
I will double check.  I've heard nothing of this.
varakunai

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

We've already provided all shipping information and various payments to the vendor.  We expect to have a list of DHL Tracking Numbers within 48 hours.

The vendor ran out of NEMA 5-15P / C13 power cords part way through the order.  I will be shipping appropriate power cords to make up the difference, but they will come separate from the miners.  Just a heads up.

These units are controlled from a custom version of cgminer (based on 3.9.0) that is configured from the web interface running on the Rasp Pi.  Overclocking may be a non-trivial task, which is why we never attempted it.

Are they giving the DHL shipping info to you, and your distributing it to us, or are they just emailing us directly. 

Second question, are these shipping with the single PSU or the dual PSU?

Thanks,
DW
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:52:15 PM

Are they giving the DHL shipping info to you, and your distributing it to us, or are they just emailing us directly. 

Second question, are these shipping with the single PSU or the dual PSU?

Thanks,
DW
We have an agent working with the factory to arrange shipping.  That agent will provide me with the DHL Tracking, which we will email to you.

I believe these are 1kW single supply units, but I'm still waiting for confirmation on that.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:26:27 PM

I would also like to know about this. The original should be overclockable, where as the new one is already overclocked but with less chips.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

I would also like to know about this. The original should be overclockable, where as the new one is already overclocked but with less chips.
Understood.  We're looking into it.  The original was theoretically overclockable, but was running a custom cgminer on the Rasp Pi that may not have had overclocking options enabled.  If that were the case, overclocking would have required you to recompile the cgminer on the Pi. 
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

In most cases, overcloacking just requires you to edit the cgminer config file and change the clock speed. I don't know if these miners are the same or not. Thats why I was wanting to know.

If these are the 32 chip versions, then they for sure will not be overclockable, as they are already overclocked to reach the 1TH/s with 32 chips rather then reaching 1TH/s with 40 chips.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

In most cases, overcloacking just requires you to edit the cgminer config file and change the clock speed. I don't know if these miners are the same or not. Thats why I was wanting to know.

If these are the 32 chip versions, then they for sure will not be overclockable, as they are already overclocked to reach the 1TH/s with 32 chips rather then reaching 1TH/s with 40 chips.
You're probably correct.  We only used these devices at stock speeds through the browser interface provided.

I've sent an email to everyone notifying them of our current status.  I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:15:50 PM

Do you have a linux command to count the chips or we have to do it manually?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:52 PM

Do you have a linux command to count the chips or we have to do it manually?
Counting them will be easy...  4 modules or 5?  Each module holds 8 chips.  At least, that's how it was done on the units we received and evaluated.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:56:15 PM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:30:57 PM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Well that really sucks. I was looking forward to try to overclock these to 1.2-1.3TH's. Guess that won't be happening anymore.

Its BS that they didn't inform you of that before. They should've informed you so that you could've informed us.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Well that really sucks. I was looking forward to try to overclock these to 1.2-1.3TH's. Guess that won't be happening anymore.

Its BS that they didn't inform you of that before. They should've informed you so that you could've informed us.
I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.
kendog77

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.

The manufacturer pulled a pretty clear cut bait-and-switch.
varakunai

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:01:47 AM

+1..Sad
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:04:11 AM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.

The manufacturer pulled a pretty clear cut bait-and-switch.
vendor: www.lketc.com

I have to agree that they communicated poorly.  The price drop appears to be related to the chip count reduction...  which implies they knew about the reduced chip count back around March 5th.  The cynic in me thinks they intentionally forgot to mention it.  However, they never promised overclockability, only a specified hash rate at a specified power draw.  It's a loophole.

The real issue is, this was a group buy.  As mentioned in the Op, our money went straight to them in advance to reserve our units, so we don't have a lot of leverage.

We'll keep you updated if anything comes from the loud noises.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have anything in specific you want to discuss.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:09:06 AM

Ya, that's borderline fraud. They really should've updated you.

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:14:00 AM

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.

^

My other source reported the same changes, around the same exact time, so I have to assume it was the vendor.
Im still ok with it- as long as it meets spec Im happy. I will buyout any orders of those who witch to bail Smiley
gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:37:06 AM

I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:45:41 AM

I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:16:31 AM

I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:28:23 AM

Thanks bobsag3.  You're excellent.
krateczka

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:53:13 AM

Although I did not get even units already'm not happy :/ it's cheating if they are only 4 modules are to be refunded the money because the units are too expensive especially if you do not go their overclock: (
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:40:58 AM

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

I guess the secret to overclocking will arrive with these units. I'll post for 2 btc Cheesy

It is what it is, thanks for the updates and excellent way you've handled this group buy. 
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:39:30 PM

Although I did not get even units already'm not happy :/ it's cheating if they are only 4 modules are to be refunded the money because the units are too expensive especially if you do not go their overclock: (
We can talk via email, phone, or PM.
gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:18:34 PM

The instructions I got:

Thank you.  I will try to mess with it once I have the room cool down to 78 degree

JointDoctor

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:08:10 AM by JointDoctor

I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?
I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

1.2Th is impossible and the reason why you got no instructions on how to overclock the Dragon units is because it will go up in smoke if you push it (Cheap-ass components)

This is on your own risk: (aka hardcore miner mode)

How to overclock a Dragon 1Th unit:

Turn it off, then on again.
SSH into the pi
Locate the CGminer folder
Create a .sh , name it to whatever you want (nano Overclock.sh  <-- just a example)
Add:

Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o "1" -u 2 -p bac --no-submit-stale --tempCut 70 --real-quiet --queue 1 --cs 9 --stmcu 0 --diff 5 --api-listen --api-network --A1Pll 800

1: Keep the ", add pool adress
2: Wallet or Username, depends on which pool you use
800: Default clocksetting, you can push it to 850Mhz but no more.

Save the file
Now you need to install screen for the pi, to keep the resource running even when you logout of the pi.

Code:
sudo apt-get install screen
screen bash

Now you´re in screen
Now you need to run the .sh

Code:
sh Whateveryounamedthefileas.sh

Press CTRL + A + D to close screen
You´re still connected to the pi via SSH.

Code:
Logout

Now you´re not connected to the pi anymore and your Dragon is running the chips in overclocked mode.
Don´t connect to the web frontend! (If you do, you need to start over from step 1 again)
Check your hash status via the pool.

IMPORTANT:

If you got the 32 chip version it´s already clocked to 900Mhz (Instead of more chips they used a little more expensive components to handle the over clock, but saved a bunch of money since the A1 is more expensive). DO NOT EVEN TRY TO OVERCLOCK. Add blades instead.

If you got the 40 chip version you can push it to 850Mhz as long as the unit is in a cold room. The 850Mhz setting makes the Dragon pull 1000-1100 watt, so don´t expect the stock PSU to survive to long (unless you got the 2x650w psu version) but should give you 50-100Ghz more to play with.

If you turn off the unit or experience power outtake, just start screen on the pi and run the .sh again and you´re back on over clocked chips again.

Say thank you and send me a beer here: 1Nm46UJo57NAuwA9XdAoaYQpUk4Phg2Ueu  Grin

EDIT: Thanks for the beer anon! (I like beer, so keep it coming if you feel that this guide helped you to earn some more coins  Grin )

Edit 2: Cleaned the how to up a little. Added some text so now anyone with a little knowledge should be able to over clock.  You can create multiple .sh for different Mhz settings and pools ex Eligius.sh, Bitminter.sh, Ghash.sh and so on.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
varakunai

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:25:49 PM

Thanks for the guide JD!  Wish we were getting the 40 chip version..Sad
gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:20:19 PM

Thank you!  Did you lose any dragons while tweaking them?

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

No units, but 2 blades.
...and you´re welcome guys  Smiley

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:22:28 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

You lost 2 blades?  So your hash rate is less now?  So it is risky to overclock the unit then.

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:26:50 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

You lost 2 blades?  So your hash rate is less now?  So it is risky to overclock the unit then.

Yeah, but no worries i got spares  Grin
Keep the clocking on 850Mhz and the only thing you need to worry about is the PSU if you got the 1x1000w PSU modell.
Or just disconnect a PCI-E cable from 1 blade and connect another PSU to the blade.

If you got the 2x650w modell there´s nothing to worry about  Cool

xjack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

Any luck getting single blades to replace them?  

From the photos I'm seeing around, it looks like the mining controller will handle 6 blades, so if there's a way to get extras that might be helpful to those of us who will be receiving 32-chip miners.

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

From the photos I'm seeing around, it looks like the mining controller will handle 6 blades, so if there's a way to get extras that might be helpful to those of us who will be receiving 32-chip miners.

The 32 chip version is 4 blades. The MCU can handle 8 units, only ports for 6, together with the pi.
I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

xjack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:37:17 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

The 32 chip version is 4 blades. The MCU can handle 8 units, only ports for 6, together with the pi.
I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

I wasn't thinking warranty, I was thinking more along the lines of buying another card or two and upping the power to get 1.2-1.4 TH/s.

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

Thank you!  Did you lose any dragons while tweaking them?

No units, but 2 blades.
...and you´re welcome guys  Smiley

I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

I wasn't thinking warranty, I was thinking more along the lines of buying another card or two and upping the power to get 1.2-1.4 TH/s.

Fully doable, just connect the blade/blades to the MCU and power (If you got the 2x650w version just plug in PCI-E connector/connectors) and lay it/them down on the plexi glas area. Runs a little bit hotter then the other blades, like 2-3 degrees. 32 chip version + extra blade/blades = Adjust clock setting to 850Mhz to be on the safe side.

gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:52:39 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:12:15 AM by gallery2000

It is very helpful.  Can you tell me the default username and password.

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

I have yet to find a source for the individual blades, and my vendor is being rather unhelpful. 
varakunai

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

I don´t know how the manufacturer handle warranty for you guys but i´m a bulk buyer so i get extra blades to avoid expensive RMA shipping (My deal says that the vendor is responsible for all shipping cost when it comes to RMA and warranty).  Grin

Fully doable, just connect the blade/blades to the MCU and power (If you got the 2x650w version just plug in PCI-E connector/connectors) and lay it/them down on the plexi glas area. Runs a little bit hotter then the other blades, like 2-3 degrees. 32 chip version + extra blade/blades = Adjust clock setting to 850Mhz to be on the safe side.

I want to order 8 more blades to put into the 4 machines i ordered to give me a total of 6 per unit.  Anyone know if we can order the blade separately?  
gallery2000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:58:51 PM

I have yet to find a source for the individual blades, and my vendor is being rather unhelpful. 

Maybe we can buy them from Jointdoctor

varakunai

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:59:47 PM

Ya, JD hook us up with some blades and maybe a few joints..Tongue
xjack

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:00:16 PM

No units, but 2 blades.

I want to order 8 more blades to put into the 4 machines i ordered to give me a total of 6 per unit.  Anyone know if we can order the blade separately?  

Cheshyr is getting stonewalled by the vendor, sounds like they want to sell whole units only.  Maybe one of the other resellers or bulk buyers?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:09:06 PM

I'm totally cool with buying blades from JD if he can supply them.
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:19:01 PM

I´m not "officially" allowed to re-sell the spare parts right now guys.
If Cheshyr can´t find some one i can try to talk to my supplier.

1T25 Ver. 1.1 8xA1 is the model you want.

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:23:21 PM

Odd.  It look like they designed it for multiphase, but decided not to use one of the FETs on each rail.
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

Odd.  It look like they designed it for multiphase, but decided not to use one of the FETs on each rail.

Yeah, and check the JTAG  Grin
Dragon miner is chaos PCB wise, but they work.

DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:40:01 PM

Any update on shipping?
sikke

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:08:28 PM

I´m not "officially" allowed to re-sell the spare parts right now guys.
If Cheshyr can´t find some one i can try to talk to my supplier.

1T25 Ver. 1.1 8xA1 is the model you want.

I report i wish to buy blades too.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

I have gotten single replacements from one of my vendors- I can ask him if we can get some single blades.
sikke

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:36:28 PM

If new units are 4 slots occupied 1 slot empty. Thats only good. Extra psu and easy to upgrade these to be 1,25TH miners.

Need to find source to buy these extra blades.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:48:01 PM

Any update on shipping?
You will have shipping info as soon as I have it... Unless it shows up after midnight eastern, in which case I will send it when I wake st 5:30a.
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:05:25 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 04:43:37 PM by JointDoctor

Quote from: (My supplier)
What you do with the leftovers is none of my business Wink

Regards
Chai

Got a VERY limited quantity of 1T25 boards. SOLD OUT - Do not even ask, they´re all sold and ships today.
In respect for Cheshyr, this is his GB thread, if you´re interested send me a PM.

I´m also confident bobsag3´s supplier can shake down some boards in the nearest future  Wink

varakunai

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:05:59 AM

I'll ask here just in case anyone else needs the info.  For the bus connector, is the following links correct?  They call them 10-pin Female Connector IDC Ribbon Cable Thanks, DW

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Electronic-brick-10-pin-colorful-ribbon-cable-with-25-IDC-connector-p-484.html

http://szpowerpace.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008838276924/pdtl/Flat-cable/1075193071/10-pin-Female-Connector-IDC-Ribbon-Cable.htm
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:06:29 AM

Any update on shipping?
You will have shipping info as soon as I have it... Unless it shows up after midnight eastern, in which case I will send it when I wake st 5:30a.

No rush, just wanted to see if you got any updates. Didnt wanna hear tomorrow that they are delayed.
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:29:22 AM

I'll ask here just in case anyone else needs the info.  For the bus connector, is the following links correct?  They call them 10-pin Female Connector IDC Ribbon Cable Thanks, DW

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Electronic-brick-10-pin-colorful-ribbon-cable-with-25-IDC-connector-p-484.html

http://szpowerpace.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008838276924/pdtl/Flat-cable/1075193071/10-pin-Female-Connector-IDC-Ribbon-Cable.htm

YES  Grin

xjack

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:43:57 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 01:58:00 AM by xjack

PM'd, thanks for offering.

varakunai

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:43:07 PM

It's almost the 21st in China.  Really hoping they shipped today!
xjack

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:43:53 PM

It's almost the 21st in China.  Really hoping they shipped today!

+1

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:59 PM

Some DHL tracking numbers have gone out. Still pestering them for the rest; will send as soon as I receive them.
varakunai

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:48:26 PM

Almost 8am the 21st in China.  Any chance on an update?  1 day delay was expected, now we're knocking on the 3rd days door. 
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Got my tracking today.

Thanks Dave

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

Almost 8am the 21st in China.  Any chance on an update?  1 day delay was expected, now we're knocking on the 3rd days door. 
The units shipped; the tracking info is slightly delayed. You'll have it as soon as I do. There were some complications with incorrect power cords that made the process a little messy. Some of you will be receiving your power cords directly from me on Monday.
varakunai

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:08:40 AM

The units shipped; the tracking info is slightly delayed. You'll have it as soon as I do. There were some complications with incorrect power cords that made the process a little messy. Some of you will be receiving your power cords directly from me on Monday.

Thanks for the update chief.  Silence is scary.  When my power goes out, and all my btc miner stop hashing......(sounds like the start of a horror story..Tongue)
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:16:27 AM

Not a problem.  Not trying to be coy with the updates, but if I have nothing to say, I'm not going you waste everyone's time with filler.  Also, most of you don't care how it gets done as long as it gets done right and on time, so I try to limit the play-by-play to things that are relevant.

I'm still not entirely clear if the factory started shipping on the 19th or 20th, but about 45 minutes ago I was told our entire order was out the door by the end of day in China on the 20th.  Everyone should be getting US power cords instead of China power cords; I purchased and shipped most of them myself via Fedex about an hour ago.  I think we're still on time for a March 25-26 delivery date, as was posted in the Op, despite the delays.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:24:12 AM

Hey quick question Dave,

I got the tracking numbers you sent this morning, but it still only shows shipment information received. Do you know if it's physically been shipped yet? I know it's a stretch of a question, just wanted to ask in case you got info on it.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:27:07 AM

It's my understanding that DHL out of China can sometimes take a little time before the status updates, even after the package has shipped.  All items have shipped.

I just got the rest of the tracking numbers about 5 minutes ago; emails going out now.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:14:03 AM

I just thought about something, Dave, the miner you had was the 40 chip version, which was not OC but these newer units are the OC 32 chip version. What guarantee do we have these will survive the long haul?

From what I know, these are the "imitation/fake/knockoff" A1 chips these machines are running, and now they are overclocked. I don't feel too good about the longevity of these machines. I hope these will at least run 7-8 months without issue. I would've felt more comfortable with the 40 chips at lower clocks not pushing things close to the limit.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:27:05 AM

Recent information has made me believe these aren't knock offs or fakes. There is a warranty, so I don't think you need to worry.

We all would have been more comfortable with the 40 chip units. This is what the vendor decided to ship after taking our money. We're going to do our best to take care of everyone, despite the incidentals of this group buy.

I just thought about something, Dave, the miner you had was the 40 chip version, which was not OC but these newer units are the OC 32 chip version. What guarantee do we have these will survive the long haul?

From what I know, these are the "imitation/fake/knockoff" A1 chips these machines are running, and now they are overclocked. I don't feel too good about the longevity of these machines. I hope these will at least run 7-8 months without issue. I would've felt more comfortable with the 40 chips at lower clocks not pushing things close to the limit.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:41:52 AM

Are they giving you any spare boards for RMA issues? Or do we need to deal with them?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:53:45 AM

Are they giving you any spare boards for RMA issues? Or do we need to deal with them?
As mentioned early in the thread, we're making arrangements to have spare parts available in the US, so you don't have to go back to China.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

DHL Tracking is claiming the units were picked up this morning.  We gave them the units by the end of day March 20th, so I'm not entirely certain what's going on.  I'm in the process of following up now.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:27:31 PM

I followed up on the shipping updates...  Hong Kong customs is seriously backlogged.  Once they clear customs in Hong Kong, they should arrive pretty quickly.
Suave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:12:29 AM

And if they don't arrive before the guaranteed ship date?

It's DHL that's why. Someone from another group buy shipped me something Fedex earlier today (EST time) and it will be here Monday....

Quite annoyed...
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:18:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 02:34:30 AM by Cheshyr

Yup. Same.

I don't have a response to your question regarding ship date and arrival date.  I've provided best estimates and email updates within an hour of having them myself.  

edit:  DHL is what we had, and DHL is what we have always posted as intended shipping method.  We've had other poeple ask if we could use another carrier if they were cheaper, but in all cases they were more expensive.  Next group buy, I'll pass on the extra $100 to you guys, and use UPS or Fedex instead.

edit 2:  It's only the 22nd.  There's still a very good chance it'll arrive on the 25th or 26th.  I understand the annoyance with the DHL reporting system, but 3 days from Hong Kong to Eastern US is not uncommon in my experience.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:44:54 AM

Once it makes it out of hong kong it is usually 2-3 days.  Hell if it reported leaving and customs in the US on Saturday (and passes through) you may even have it by Monday.  I have had this happen before.

There are 2 GB's of these machines that the factory sent out at the same time and of course HK customs is overwhelmed.  I just do not like DHL for other reasons (even if cost is more for FedEx/UPS) years and years ago they brought out their special teams and managed to kick a 42 yard field goal with a car part to our front door.  All we heard was a thud.  Thankfully part was metal, but recently most of my DHL things have been ok when they come in.  I just prefer Fedex and UPS because I do have tracking and delivery notifications setup for me.  Plus autosign for package, etc.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:00:14 AM

5 shipments have been received by US Customs.  2 have left Hong Kong and are en route to their specific country.  6 are still in Hong Kong customs for some reason.
Suave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:15:35 AM

Have the 2 that have been released had their DHL tracking updated?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

All but two packages have left Hong Kong.  These two were also the largest orders, which is a bit frustrating.  The tracking is up to date.
moo.over

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:58:07 PM

I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?
I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

1.2Th is impossible and the reason why you got no instructions on how to overclock the Dragon units is because it will go up in smoke if you push it (Cheap-ass components)

This is on your own risk: (aka hardcore miner mode)

How to overclock a Dragon 1Th unit:

SSH into the pi
Create a .sh , name it to whatever you want (nano Overclock.sh  <-- just a example)
Add:

Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o "1" -u 2 -p bac --no-submit-stale --tempCut 70 --real-quiet --queue 1 --cs 9 --stmcu 0 --diff 5 --api-listen --api-network --A1Pll 800

Save the file
Now you need to install screen for the pi, to keep the resource running even when you logout of the pi.

Code:
screen bash

Now you´re in screen

Code:

Code:
Logout

Now you´re not connected to the pi anymore and your Dragon is running the chips in overclocked mode.
Don´t connect to the web frontend! (If you do, you need to start over from step 1 again)

IMPORTANT:

If you got the 32 chip version it´s already clocked to 900Mhz (Instead of more chips they used a little more expensive components to handle the over clock, but saved a bunch of money since the A1 is more expensive). DO NOT EVEN TRY TO OVERCLOCK. Add blades instead.

If you got the 40 chip version you can push it to 850Mhz as long as the unit is in a cold room. The 850Mhz setting makes the Dragon pull 1000-1100 watt, so don´t expect the stock PSU to survive to long (unless you got the 2x650w psu version) but should give you 50-100Ghz more to play with.

If you turn off the unit or experience power outtake, just start screen on the pi and run the .sh again and you´re back on over clocked chips again.

Say thank you and send me a beer here: 1Nm46UJo57NAuwA9XdAoaYQpUk4Phg2Ueu  Grin

EDIT: Thanks for the beer anon! (I like beer, so keep it coming if you feel that this guide helped you to earn some more coins  Grin )

Edit 2: Cleaned the how to up a little. Added some text so now anyone with a little knowledge should be able to over clock.  You can create multiple .sh for different Mhz settings and pools ex Eligius.sh, Bitminter.sh, Ghash.sh and so on.

Can anyone help me? i followed these instructions and I get this error when I try to start CGminer
[2014-03-24 05:50:24] ./cgminer: --A1Pll: unrecognized option

i am running cgminer 3.9.0. i have the batch with 5 modules

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:40:43 PM

Over half the shipments are being delivered today, or have already been delivered.  I expect more precise tracking info during the day today for the other shipments.
kendog77

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

Over half the shipments are being delivered today, or have already been delivered.  I expect more precise tracking info during the day today for the other shipments.

Thanks Dave. Your communication and status updates for this group buy have been excellent.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

So..... How do i set this bad boy up? Instruction is in chinese... I cant find the IP add to connect
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:36:22 PM

hey one of my miners is defective. It doesn't get an IP address. I just plugged the second one it, and it came right up.
moo.over

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

hey one of my miners is defective. It doesn't get an IP address. I just plugged the second one it, and it came right up.

it is possible that it is set to a static IP address.

plug a monitor (hdmi or composite) into the PI and you will be able to get the iP address that way
krateczka

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:46:16 PM

http://www.fz49.com/thread-298-1-1.html
http://www.fz49.com/btcwkj/lkkj/201403/00000063.html
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

I dont think thats the issue. When i plug it into the network switch, the light doesnt even come on.
The Rasberry Pi might be broken. The bottom of the case is damaged  and the case is a bit out of shape
moo.over

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:51:54 PM

Do you hear rattling noise inside? one of the modules could have come loose and banged up the PI

does this unit have an LCD screen on it? sorry i didnt read through the posts
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:53:20 PM

Ya it has a screen, but doesnt show any ip address, just the temp
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:54:15 PM

That's not encouraging.  Can you grab a couple pictures of the working and questionable unit, and send them to me via email?  We can attempt a diagnosis from there.

edit: Also, to everyone else helping to troubleshoot... thank you.  It's appreciated.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:21:33 PM

The vendor switched things up on us, and the units that arrive will likely have slightly different power usage / efficiency, especially considering the overclock.  As we've said before, if you have trouble with these units, let us know, and we'll work with you and the vendor to take care of it.
xjack

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:28:57 PM

My shipment has gone "exception".  Looks like a truck in Ohio left without it.  Hoping it lands tomorrow as I'll be unable to set it up for a week if not.  Sad

varakunai

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:34:12 PM

Just got my power cords and my 4 machines are about 150 miles away.  Might get it tomorrow, either way, thanks for keep us up to date, Dave.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

Okay, I've got them up and running right now. Seems the Ethernet port got banged up in shipping and is a little loose. I have it positioned right now where it holds and gets a connection.

Now for the next line of question...

Aren't these things supposed to start mining automatically if the power goes off? I've tried several times to let them just come on and hash, but they don't seem to do that. I have to keep manually pressing Okay button, or whatever that button is, a few times for it to start hashing. I've left it along for more then half an hour, and it doesn't do anything unless I press the button a few times. Anyone know how to set this up, or if it even has that option (I mean, these days they all should right)?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:57:20 PM

Okay, I've got them up and running right now. Seems the Ethernet port got banged up in shipping and is a little loose. I have it positioned right now where it holds and gets a connection.

Aren't these things supposed to start mining automatically if the power goes off? I've tried several times to let them just come on and hash, but they don't seem to do that. I have to keep manually pressing Okay button, or whatever that button is, a few times for it to start hashing. I've left it along for more then half an hour, and it doesn't do anything unless I press the button a few times. Anyone know how to set this up, or if it even has that option (I mean, these days they all should right)?

No they do not. You have manually restart them. My programmer guy came up with a automatic solution, but I will have to ask him how to replicate it.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:06:05 PM

damn that sucks  Whats the procedure to manually start it properly? Cuz i just press buttons still it starts. I cant seem to get it to start hashing now.
gallery2000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:19:54 PM

How do you login to the unit?

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:33:04 PM

Screen Works!

Old model vs new model

Cheeseater

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

For as shitty as this day was work wise, it's all good now. Miner arrived, no damage, had the right power cord in it. Started up and showed an IP I didn't even have to change. Wouldn't mine at first, kept saying server error. Gave in the old fashion turn off, turn on and off to the races.
Dave want to thank you for the professional way you have ran this GB. Communications and service were excellent, thanks again.

Now for the questions:

Is there a way to get a backup image of the PI software when not if it shits out?
The start button says pages manually start/power automatically start WTF?
How do you switch Pools?

Thanks again, I stuck on Eligus to watch it for now.
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17UhZWXLyiHmPmAb4VdFweGWRYY52qjxwp
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:02:54 AM

Am I the only one that can't get these bloody things to run? I had it on Eligius for 2 hours, even though on the miner it showed 1TH, on the pool it wouldnt go above 15GH/s. I took off eligius and changed it to BTCGuild only now, and it won't even start hashing.

Edit:

I keep getting

Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed

when i click on the real-time monitoring
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:36:14 AM

Am I the only one that can't get these bloody things to run? I had it on Eligius for 2 hours, even though on the miner it showed 1TH, on the pool it wouldnt go above 15GH/s. I took off eligius and changed it to BTCGuild only now, and it won't even start hashing.

Edit:

I keep getting

Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed

when i click on the real-time monitoring

I had the same error, have you tried turning it off and back on? It took off after I did that.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:43:17 AM

I've turned it off and on a million times already. I've been working on these miners for 6+ hours. Can't get them to run.

Soon after I press "Start" it changes to "Stop" maybe 30 seconds later.
miter_myles

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:44:16 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 01:48:20 AM by miter_myles

I've turned it off and on a million times already. I've been working on these miners for 6+ hours. Can't get them to run.

Resolved in further posts (removing red flag!)

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

Soon after I press "Start" it changes to "Stop" maybe 30 seconds later.

Do you have it on manual start or power automatically?
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:51:05 AM

I've tried both. Same results  Sad
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:55:24 AM

I've tried both. Same results  Sad

Ugh! On to the next, have you taken it apart and checked for loose connections?
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:06:24 AM

Ya, took apart both miner. Nothing is loose as far as I can tell. Pushed all cables in just to make sure.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:14:20 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 01:37:03 AM by Cheshyr

Just got off the phone with him; it's resolved.

There are 4 network settings fields that need to be completed: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS Server.  If any of these fields are missing or incorrect, the unit will not be able to access your pools.  I would recommend using ipconfig or ifconfig to look up your current home network settings.
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:14:31 AM

Ya, took apart both miner. Nothing is loose as far as I can tell. Pushed all cables in just to make sure.

You have two and neither will hash?
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:21:21 AM

Just got off the phone with him; it's resolved.

There are 4 network settings fields that need to be completed: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS Server.  If any of these fields are missing or incorrect, the unit will not be able to access your pools.

No Shit Wink
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

You have two and neither will hash?

That's what was going on. Got off the phone with Dave, he figured out it was because of the DNS setting. For some reason mine were set up with 0.0.0.0 on one and 8.8.8.8 on the other. I changed them both to 0.0.0.0, and none of them were working.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:26:20 AM

8.8.8.8 is actually a Google Public name server, which is why that unit worked.
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

8.8.8.8 is actually a Google Public name server, which is why that unit worked.

8.8.8.8 use it on all my miners
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:38:43 AM

I didn't know that would break it. One of the machines did come with 0.0.0.0 though and I figured I'd keep all the same settings to make things easier, boy was I wrong. Had 6+ hours of frustrations!

Thank you guys so much for all the help. I really do appreciate it!

Special thanks to you Dave, you've been great through all of this.

I will def do another GB with you, and I promise to give you less hassle next time Smiley

On a side note.... anyone know how to SSH into this unit? What port does it use? And whats the user/pass? root/root?
I just want to access CGMiner to view it.
Cheeseater

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:42:25 AM

I didn't know that would break it. One of the machines did come with 0.0.0.0 though and I figured I'd keep all the same settings to make things easier, boy was I wrong. Had 6+ hours of frustrations!

Thank you guys so much for all the help. I really do appreciate it!

Special thanks to you Dave, you've been great through all of this.

I will def do another GB with you, and I promise to give you less hassle next time Smiley

On a side note.... anyone know how to SSH into this unit? What port does it use? And whats the user/pass? root/root?
I just want to access CGMiner to view it.

I think you just putty the IP

Here's some info on whats inside

SSH into the pi
Create a .sh , name it to whatever you want (nano Overclock.sh  <-- just a example)
Add:

Code:

Save the file

Code:

screen bash

Now you´re in screen

Code:

Code:

Logout

IMPORTANT:

Say thank you and send me a beer here: 1Nm46UJo57NAuwA9XdAoaYQpUk4Phg2Ueu
Suave

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:28:50 AM

Still waiting on my 4 units. Sad
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:38:59 AM

Still waiting on my 4 units. Sad
Your units were pre-authorized through US customs at 10pm yesterday.  I would not be surprised if you received them tomorrow, although I can't promise that.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:49:27 AM

There have been reports of high power usage on these units, after the move to 32-chips.  After some badgering, they admitted that the unit can draw up to 1080W in some cases, and that they upgraded the power supplies to accommodate.  If what they claim is true, the included power supplies should be 1200W power supplies, not 1000W power supplies.  So, good news, bad news.

We've run into an issue with customs in Europe.  These units do NOT have a CE certificate.  In this case, a refund is being issued.  I don't think we'll be accepting orders that ship to CE-requiring countries in the future.
kendog77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

There have been reports of high power usage on these units, after the move to 32-chips.  After some badgering, they admitted that the unit can draw up to 1080W in some cases, and that they upgraded the power supplies to accommodate.  If what they claim is true, the included power supplies should be 1200W power supplies, not 1000W power supplies.  So, good news, bad news.

We've run into an issue with customs in Europe.  These units do NOT have a CE certificate.  In this case, a refund is being issued.  I don't think we'll be accepting orders that ship to CE-requiring countries in the future.

I have one unit that draws 1050 watts at the wall (measured using a Killowatt), and another unit that draws 1170 watts at the wall!

Also, both of my units contain 1000W power supplies, so the vender is full of shit. The power supply model number that is included is a Grand GW-EPS1000BTC(90+). I'm not happy about these units containing a 1000W power supply and drawing well over 1000 Watts. Be careful, folks!

The unit that draws 1170W contains 4 blades that have 6 pin PCI-E connections, and the unit that draws 1050W watts contains two blades that have 6 pin PCI-E connections and two longer blades that take 8-pin CPU cables, which is odd. I'm not sure if these units contain a mixture of old and new style blades, but that also makes me a bit nervous considering the over clock. Why does the unit contain two different types of blades?

Here are some other notes:
- The cases were fairly banged up when the units arrived, but they seem to hash ok. One of connections to a blade came out during shipping so I had to plug it back in.
- These units are very loud, which is not a huge issue for me since they are in my basement storage room, but could be an issue for others.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:26:16 PM

If they die, let us know, and we'll take care of it.  The vendors engineers keep trying to reassure us that despite the discrepancies, the units work fine.  At this point, all I can really say is 'let's find out'. 
kendog77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:15:01 PM

Upon further review, it looks like the shorter blades with 6-pin PCI-E connectors are rev 1.2, and the longer boards with 8-pin CPU connectors are rev 1.1.

One of the units I received has two rev 1.1 boards and 2 1.2 boards, and the other unit contains 4 rev 1.2 boards.

The rev 1.2 boards appear to draw more power. The mixed rev 1.1 / 1.2 unit only draws ~1050W at the wall, and the all rev 1.2 unit draws ~1170W at the wall.
miter_myles

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:20:33 PM

The rev 1.2 boards appear to draw more power. The mixed rev 1.1 / 1.2 unit only draws ~1050W at the wall, and the all rev 1.2 unit draws ~1170W at the wall.

Wow.... hungry units

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
kendog77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

Wow.... hungry units

Yes, I am very disappointed by the power usage since these units were advertised at 960W at the wall. The vender, lketc, is shady as hell, and I won't be ordering any products from them in the future.

- They switched the number of chips per unit from 40 to 32 without updating product specifications.
- The overclocked units are less efficient and use more power than advertised (actual usage is ~200W higher than advertised).
- They shipped units with 1000W power supplies when the unit draws ~1170W at the wall.
- They shipped overclocked units with mixed rev 1.1 and 1.2 blades. The rev 1.1 blades have a wire soldered from the board to the power cable that looks like it's a voltage hack.

I'm not confident that these units will last long.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:57:43 PM

For what it's worth, the 5-module units did perform in the 880-960W range, but the recent changes to the design were rather drastic.  We'll do what we can to support everyone as we appraise the performance and reliability of these unexpected new specs.  If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact me. 
kendog77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:19:41 PM

For what it's worth, the 5-module units did perform in the 880-960W range, but the recent changes to the design were rather drastic.  We'll do what we can to support everyone as we appraise the performance and reliability of these unexpected new specs.  If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact me.  

Despite all of my complaints, the units have been stable hashing at ~1TH each for over 12 hours, so I hope they continue to do so.

I did swap out power supplies on the unit that was drawing 1170W because I don't feel good about a 1000W power supply drawing 1170W 24-7.
kendog77

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

No they do not. You have manually restart them. My programmer guy came up with a automatic solution, but I will have to ask him how to replicate it.

That's odd because my units come right up and hash without any action on my part after a power recycle. One of the setting in the interface screen, which is in Chinese, must control that. I do admit that I was using google translate to try to muddle through the options, so I can't really describe that I did to get this behavior.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

That's odd because my units come right up and hash without any action on my part after a power recycle. One of the setting in the interface screen, which is in Chinese, must control that. I do admit that I was using google translate to try to muddle through the options, so I can't really describe that I did to get this behavior.

That seems to be it- they must have fixed that between batches.
xjack

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:40:51 PM

Miner received today.  Just a small case scrape or two where these had been stacked. 

Correct power cord came in the box along with a patch cable.  Chinese miner interface is usable with Google Chrome/Translate.  The blades are v1.2 blades, whatever that means.

These units do auto-start, takes about 90-120 seconds from power on.  This one is hashing stable @ 1.02 Th/s for about 60 mins.  Miner.php reports blade temps of 43-50.  Power draw measured at the PDU is 1100 watts (9.2-9.3A @ 122V).  I'll get a kill-a-watt on it next time I'm over there.

Noise is equivalent to the servers it shares space with - equal to 4 Supermicro 1U servers with the turbines in them.

I'm a little bummed about the power draw, manufacturer obviously pulled a fast one on us with the chip count/clock speed.

Thanks for conducting the buy Cheshyr, I left positive trust for you.  All your efforts are much appreciated. 

If you can get us a partial refund for the not-as-advertised discrepancies, I'll happily drop you a generous tip.

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:42:12 AM

I appreciate everyone's patience and support during this process.  Despite the warnings in the sticky, you can't really be prepared for the insanity that is a group buy without having done one before.  The added flavor of a 'creative' vendor definitely made for an exciting first group buy.

At this point, all but two shipments have been delivered.  One shipment is being held hostage by Polish customs due to the lack of CE mark on these units, and the other shipment is for MWNinja, which had been squirreled away in Hong Kong customs for reasons unknown.  While I'm not certain if there is anything we can do about the CE requirements, we did manage to chase the other shipment onto a plane earlier today.

I've already started the discussion with the vendor regarding the false advertising.  The units may have delivered the promised 1TH, but there's a big difference between 900W and 1150W.  That said, I don't have high hopes for any sort of positive response.  I'll keep you posted.

Aside from the continuing group buys for these units as they race to the bottom, I have other projects in the works for the future.  Any positive Trust you're willing to leave on my profile would be invaluable.  

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
varakunai

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:48:12 AM

Trust Added, Thanks for the hard work Dave. 
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:15:10 AM

Added Trust for you as well Dave. You did a great job.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:35:33 AM

Thanks Cheshyr,

got my units, one spent a night at Seattle's hub, it was tired for the flight, maybe Smiley

Really postive experience.

spiccioli
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:32:12 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 07:58:22 PM by Cheshyr

Anybody having weirdness with their LCD?  I'm trying to track down a problem, but the vendor is non-responsive at 3am China time.  One unit has an LCD that is blinking Red/White on the LCD, and it's a bit unnnerving.  If anyone has some insight before China wakes up, it'd be appreciated.
Suave

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

I bought 4 units in this group buy and it's been good experience for the most part. Communication has been good. The only problem I have is that one of the blades on one of the units fried and emitted smoke from the case. The unit won't turn on with this blade plugged in. It was very weird. The unit had been running for nearly 24 hours and then I noticed that it wasn't on. So I flipped it off and then flipped it back on and smoke blew out of the machine. I immediately turned it off. No overclocking or tweaking has been done in any way. After unplugging the blade the unit hashes just as it should (750GH).

Another one of my rigs has a blinking LCD red/white, the unit hashes fine, but the LCD problem is a bit of an annoyance.

So basically I have 2 good units and 2 "soso" units.

I have asked Cheshyr to pay me the daily amount that 250GH would make, but that was not an option.

He has paid me $100 out of his own pocket for the time being, so hopefully I will have a replacement blade within the time period of that $100 vs 250GH.

Posting just to keep things transparent.

Thanks Cheshyr.
varakunai

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Anybody having weirdness with their LCD?  I'm trying to track down a problem, but the vendor is non-responsive at 3am China time.  One unit has an LCD that is blinking Red/White on the LCD, and it's a bit unnnerving.  If anyone has some insight before China wakes up, it'd be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue as well.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:04:17 AM

For now, make sure you keep that unit cool. The units are supposed to be good for 60-90C, but the flashing LCD is a heat warning.
varakunai

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:39:17 AM

For now, make sure you keep that unit cool. The units are supposed to be good for 60-90C, but the flashing LCD is a heat warning.

I know it is running cool enough right now.  How can i make the flashing light stop?
Suave

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:16:22 AM

Make it cooler varakunai. I know mine was cool even when the LCD was flashing, but if you look in your mining stats page for that unit, you will see that 1 ship chip on 1 blade is probably hot. That's the case for me and there isn't much you can do about it besides try to get it cooler or just have the LCD blink until Cheshyr can get some new blades in. Hopefully more of an annoyance more than any real danger in frying the blade. I can't have 2 blades die on me!! Smiley
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:49:25 AM

Alright, I've received some feedback from the factory on the blinking LCD issues, and it sounds like it's not a big deal in this case.

Suave posted some temperature numbers he retrieved from within the monitoring software yesterday, that looked like this: 58-52-46-44-58-80-57-65.  The engineer said it looks like a bad temperature sensor, not a bad chip, especially if the unit was still hashing.  Even if it's running at 80C, this is 'within spec' for the v1.2 boards, according to them, and is nothing to worry about.

I'm still trying to find a way to disable the blinking, but until then, if the unit is hashing consistently, the LCD alarm is a cosmetic issue where they forgot to move a temperature check set point in the RPi firmware.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

Still no word on blinking LCD.  Polish customs is still being a pain.  All other orders delivered.  Waiting on spare blade for Suave to arrive.

xjack

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:26:09 AM

Posting here to inquire about a possible scam.

Has anyone who bought extra blades from JointDoctor received them?

He sent me tracking info that seems to be no good.  I messaged a few days ago but he hasn't logged on since the 20th.  He moved 6 coins (Not all mine) from the address today so he's definitely "around".

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:32:10 AM

I bought one, but haven't heard from him since the 20th. Ive sent him a PM. I wasn't going to start worrying until late next week.
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:57:20 AM

The blinking means you don't have enough cooling, and the chips are also probably throttling.  Ship your miner to my data center and enjoy the peace and quiet of not listening to the jet engine fans Smiley
varakunai

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:54:21 PM

The blinking means you don't have enough cooling, and the chips are also probably throttling.  Ship your miner to my data center and enjoy the peace and quiet of not listening to the jet engine fans Smiley

Mine began blinking because it was overheating, we had a problem with our exhaust fan that we didn't get to for 15 min.  Temps are now very cool and the blinking continues.

So my problem isn't heat, it's the ugly flashing screen..Sad

As a side note, Not sure if JD is a scam or not, kinda glad i didn't send him 2btc..But i still want more blades!  Anyone able to get any?  I want 7 of them.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

The blinking means you don't have enough cooling, and the chips are also probably throttling.  Ship your miner to my data center and enjoy the peace and quiet of not listening to the jet engine fans Smiley

No, its not. I have had 6 units blinking at the same time with ambient around ~75F, with no difference in hashing speed.
sikke

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:41:19 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 08:17:17 PM by sikke

Quote from: (My supplier)
What you do with the leftovers is none of my business Wink

Regards
Chai

Got a VERY limited quantity of 1T25 boards. SOLD OUT - Do not even ask, they´re all sold and ships today.
In respect for Cheshyr, this is his GB thread, if you´re interested send me a PM.

I´m also confident bobsag3´s supplier can shake down some boards in the nearest future  Wink

I went for it and bought blades from him but seems JD just scammed us. It's been 10 days since his last login and the BTC walled payments went was cleared 2 days ago.

This was payment wallet https://blockchain.info/address/1NtBstjBMu196Dgt6gNJRb3wQUrZukG5oH

Partly moved to this wallet which was also used in Eligius to mine with one Dragonminer. Speed just under 1TH is Dragonminer.
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/14kNEbioKfrqUswHnhGB3vcwe5scUBTKuz
https://blockchain.info/address/14kNEbioKfrqUswHnhGB3vcwe5scUBTKuz

Damit  Undecided
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

I *am* getting a little nervous about JD.  I hope he reappears soon, and gives us some explanations.  I dislike leaving negative trust.
xjack

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:01:43 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 11:37:52 AM by xjack

I'm assuming JointDoctor is a SCAM at this point.  10 days is more than enough for the tracking info he sent to appear.  skyfromwell PM'd me a tidbit or two regarding a failed transaction with him.  Not sure if he got scammed by JD, as I'm having a bit of trouble communicating with him due to the language barrier.

I was given JD's name, address, and phone.  I'm not posting it here yet, except this.  I won't hesitate to release the info I was given if JD doesn't reappear in a few days.

JointDoctor aka Mr. Gamperl of Sweden, you need to check in here and refund, or ship the blades you promised.  I think we can probably find a good Samaritan to help us file a police report in your locale.

moo.over

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

Im just getting caught up, What did JD promise and not deliver>
Huh

xjack

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:06:25 PM

Im just getting caught up, What did JD promise and not deliver>
Huh

He took orders for extra blades and provided tracking numbers which do not register in the DHL system, it has been 10 days since he has been seen here.  I've been told that he contacted another forum member via e-mail on March 23.

Looks like about 6BTC went to his wallet and was transferred out.  I personally am out 1BTC.

moo.over

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:09:50 PM

Well that sucks, I found it hard to believe that someone was able to get extra blades. Usually the manufactures don't send out spare parts like that.
pcfli
Legendary

Activity: 1006

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:22:17 AM

As i know, it is caused by the wrong position of temperature sensor, it not effect the hash rate, but just like you say, unnerving, and maybe lead to failure of the over-heat protection

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC
]▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█░███████████████████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░▀██████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░░░▀████████░█
█░█████░░▀▀░█░░░░░▀██████░█

█░█████░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████░█
█░█████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████░█
█░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░█
█░███████████████████████░█
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
█████████████████████████

█████████████
xjack

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:05:55 AM

Posted a scam accusation on JointDoctor.  Please chime in and I'll tweak the OP as neccessary.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552234.msg6009905#msg6009905

varakunai

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

One of my blades stopped hashing.  Tried reseating the cables and restarting.  All 4 blades lights are on, so i'm not sure how to tell which one is acting up.

Any tips on what i should look at next? 

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

One of my blades stopped hashing.  Tried reseating the cables and restarting.  All 4 blades lights are on, so i'm not sure how to tell which one is acting up.

Any tips on what i should look at next? 
From the web management page, you should be able to dig around and find some extra details on each blade... one of those should give you a hint as to which one is acting up and why.  If you can't track it down, let me know via PM/email and we'll figure it out.  If you do figure out it, please post the answer here in case anyone else has this issue.
gallery2000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:37:53 AM

touch the blade with your finger.  If you did not get burn then that is the blade that's not hashing.  Please use different fingers for each blade so that way you won't get burn too badly.

pcfli
Legendary

Activity: 1006

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:25:18 AM

touch the blade with your finger.  If you did not get burn then that is the blade that's not hashing.  Please use different fingers for each blade so that way you won't get burn too badly.
good idea......

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌