Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call  (Read 12882 times)
Cheshyr (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:22:55 AM

You've said this before. Are you selling antminers?

I agree that mining equipment is highly speculative, and everyone should be comfortable with their purchases, and understand the risks.

That said, I'd expected a slightly more enthusiastic turnout than the few inquiries I've received so far, especially after the recent price drop.  The units are selling out, but not here. Is there something I'm missing?

Don't worry - for the most part Antminers come direct from the factory or their one sales rep.
You are going to be compared though to Antminers as a benchmark.  Because right now they have the only reasonably priced (1.1 BTC), readily available(2-4 days), scalable (200 Gh/s) asic miner.  Many of us have 2 -20 of these.
It is certainly better to have one unit at 1 Th/s rather than 5 at 200 GH/s.  But not at any price.  Plus the Antminer is a proven, dependable miner that gets delivered quickly.
All this is going to feed into the dollar and Sense of our decision.
Just so you know where some of us are coming from.

Edit: grammar
I definitely appreciate the feedback, and I'm certainly not offended by the comparison and questions.

For the record...  currently an Antminer S1 at 1.1BTC comes out to ~$4.1/GHs and 2W/GH.  These units are looking at ~$4.2/GHs and 1W/GH.  These units comes with power supplies; the Antminers do not.  So they are fairly comparable, although I believe these have a slight advantage in the long run.

Anyway, the buy is open, and I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.  Don't hesitate to ask questions or contact us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:30:03 AM

Do you accept Paypal since you already have an Ebay presence?

Unfortunately, it's hard to find a good balance between risk assumed by sellers and risk assumed by buyers when determining which payment method to accept.

Bitcoin and bank transfer are slanted towards sellers, and Paypal and credit cards are slanted towards buyers.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

Paypal for anything bitcoin related is essentially Russian Roulette with only one empty chamber.  That's too much risk for us for something this specific.  General auctions seem to fall through the cracks a little easier.

Escrow is a nice middle ground, but it requires us to float the money until the escrow completes, as opposed to passing the funds through directly.  It's not something we can make generally available, since we don't have a bunch of liquid capital.  I can bring it up again with my partner if someone is serious about placing an order this way, but previous discussions came up negative.

I'm willing to consider other ways of establishing trust, but it sounds like nothing will be enough except a previous successful group buy, which is a bit of a catch 22.  I'm open to suggestions.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:09:24 AM

Paypal for anything bitcoin related is essentially Russian Roulette with only one empty chamber.  That's too much risk for us for something this specific.  General auctions seem to fall through the cracks a little easier.

Escrow is a nice middle ground, but it requires us to float the money until the escrow completes, as opposed to passing the funds through directly.  It's not something we can make generally available, since we don't have a bunch of liquid capital.  I can bring it up again with my partner if someone is serious about placing an order this way, but previous discussions came up negative.

I'm willing to consider other ways of establishing trust, but it sounds like nothing will be enough except a previous successful group buy, which is a bit of a catch 22.  I'm open to suggestions.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't take Paypal or escrow. Some people want it either way and you are stuck in the middle having to risk your own money. I know it sucks man. I do it everyday in my normal day job, but luckily I get to meet all my customers face to face and deal with huge corporations who sue a customer for not paying. Honestly, you can do escrow on a case by case basis. Anyone that has been on here a decent amount of time and has positive feedback would probably be safe, after some serious profile snooping. Paypal is a whole different animal. I am not even going to touch that one.

Just the thoughts of a stranger on the internet. Good luck with the group buy!
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:49:34 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. It is what it is, I guess. As I said previously, we've already ordered and paid for our units, and there are other interested parties... Just not as many as we expected. We're glad to offer the service if anyone else becomes interested.
thenewb

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:39:05 AM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know, that my company has been in business since 1998, we design and market many products, we currently sell to Sears, Petco, PetSmart, Amazon and other retailers, on ebay we have over 20,000 feedback rating on one of the accounts with a 99.7% positive ratio. This unit bids up to over $7,000 on eBay u can see our finished auction here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310880749188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861efc684

and we have another one closing in 5 days here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-MINING-RIG-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-CHIP-1000GH-S-/310887614404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48625887c4

We have an office in China (Yantai) with two full time agents, a "connected" chinese customs broker, a factory in Ningbo, three warehouses with offices in USA, one in UK, and one in AU. If anything goes wrong with your miner we will be able to resolve it free of charge in the first 6-months, and after that will only charge for parts; We will have all parts; PCB's, spare modules available. We can't give refunds for mining equipment, but we are not going anywhere, and will make sure it keeps running for you. I have been running one of these 1TH units for weeks now and it has never missed a beat......

Anyways, I wanted to speak to the credibility issue and I have no problem accepting paypal, but as you can see we are getting this buy basically at below normal cost so we have to ask you to pay the paypal fees. If you are willing to pay the fees, then I don't have a problem, just PM us. I know this buy will have to be closed soon as the batch is almost sold out already. Dave is very modest, he is actually an all-star embedded systems engineer and we are developing next generation mining gear as I type this message, so stay tuned......

Best Regards,
Newb
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:41:04 AM

You've said this before. Are you selling antminers?

I agree that mining equipment is highly speculative, and everyone should be comfortable with their purchases, and understand the risks.

That said, I'd expected a slightly more enthusiastic turnout than the few inquiries I've received so far, especially after the recent price drop.  The units are selling out, but not here. Is there something I'm missing?

Don't worry - for the most part Antminers come direct from the factory or their one sales rep.
You are going to be compared though to Antminers as a benchmark.  Because right now they have the only reasonably priced (1.1 BTC), readily available(2-4 days), scalable (200 Gh/s) asic miner.  Many of us have 2 -20 of these.
It is certainly better to have one unit at 1 Th/s rather than 5 at 200 GH/s.  But not at any price.  Plus the Antminer is a proven, dependable miner that gets delivered quickly.
All this is going to feed into the dollar and Sense of our decision.
Just so you know where some of us are coming from.

Edit: grammar
I definitely appreciate the feedback, and I'm certainly not offended by the comparison and questions.

For the record...  currently an Antminer S1 at 1.1BTC comes out to ~$4.1/GHs and 2W/GH.  These units are looking at ~$4.2/GHs and 1W/GH.  These units comes with power supplies; the Antminers do not.  So they are fairly comparable, although I believe these have a slight advantage in the long run.

Anyway, the buy is open, and I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.  Don't hesitate to ask questions or contact us.

Yes - when you add in the psu's total purchase price is essentially the same.  So the real question is trust of the seller and delivery timing.
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:48:53 AM

I get almost all my packages from china within 48 hrs... includes my express pallets.
You get packages from China faster than respond to emails of your Minersource customers. Do not you find it strange?

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:57:45 AM

Update: 6 month warranty, Paypal now accepted on a case by case basis; send a PM.  We will keep parts on hand for quick repairs.  I will update the OP.

edit: @vilgem: I'm sorry if you have a complaint with bobsag3, but please keep it in his threads.  
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:39:49 AM

Hi Cheshyr,

I can't decide what to do but that is my problem lol.

However I would ask you two questions Smiley

1, Value declared on import documentation is ?
2, Is it possible to supply these without PSU's to save on shipping costs and what would be approximate price ?

I'm based in UK and Paypal would be my preferred payment method.

Thank you very much and good luck
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

@SVK We are flexible on what we will list on the customs invoice. However, we won't be responsible if you request an excessively low value and customs calls you on it.

We are already covering shipping costs for you.

Send me a pm with the details of what you're considering ordering, and we can make arrangements. If you use paypal, you will be responsible for the paypal fees.
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

@SVK We are flexible on what we will list on the customs invoice. However, we won't be responsible if you request an excessively low value and customs calls you on it.

We are already covering shipping costs for you.

Send me a pm with the details of what you're considering ordering, and we can make arrangements. If you use paypal, you will be responsible for the paypal fees.

I understand that customs are my problem and it will have to be reasonable.
If I go ahead it would be only one unit. believe it or not but 4 ants still didn't ROI and I'm mining since mid December. That is reality so I'm really cautious on this purchase.

Thank you for coming back to me quickly 
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

PMd regarding PayPal.  Also sent a message through eBay asking you to verify that account as associated with this group buy.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:12:48 PM

@SVK Not a problem.  We'll be here.

@xjack:  PM received; will reply shortly. 
thenewb

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:00:27 PM

@xjack: answered you on eBay
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Ok, I think I'm caught up on the PMs.  I've updated the order status posting at the beginning of the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500969.msg5518531#msg5518531

If I've missed anyone, let me know.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

Going to watch this post vary interested in these miners. These for sure are the next best thing after Antminers. I might be able to afford next group buy. Once you get a few miners delivered and people post about it you should start doing tons more sales!! Well as long as the antminer s2 dont drop soon ..

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

Going to watch this post vary interested in these miners. These for sure are the next best thing after Antminers. I might be able to afford next group buy. Once you get a few miners delivered and people post about it you should start doing tons more sales!! Well as long as the antminer s2 dont drop soon ..
The price we've negotiated is a promotional price, so I don't know if it'll continue into the next group buy, but we'll do the best we can.  Until then, we're going to keep our focus on the March 18th group buy.  Let us know if you have any questions.
thenewb

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:22:14 AM

Please remember that if you want the smaller case size to say so when you place your order!
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:37:56 AM

Factory update: they have less than 150 miners left.  It appears these are selling out faster than expected.  I will send an update message to everyone who has expressed interest so far.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: