Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 1THs 1kW 28nm Miner - $4200 - March 18th, BTC, Wire, Paypal - Last Call  (Read 12889 times)
Cheshyr (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

Other group buys, the chips on the units have be lowered from 40 chips to 32 chips. Is this the case for these as well?

I would also like to know about this. The original should be overclockable, where as the new one is already overclocked but with less chips.
Understood.  We're looking into it.  The original was theoretically overclockable, but was running a custom cgminer on the Rasp Pi that may not have had overclocking options enabled.  If that were the case, overclocking would have required you to recompile the cgminer on the Pi. 
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

In most cases, overcloacking just requires you to edit the cgminer config file and change the clock speed. I don't know if these miners are the same or not. Thats why I was wanting to know.

If these are the 32 chip versions, then they for sure will not be overclockable, as they are already overclocked to reach the 1TH/s with 32 chips rather then reaching 1TH/s with 40 chips.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

In most cases, overcloacking just requires you to edit the cgminer config file and change the clock speed. I don't know if these miners are the same or not. Thats why I was wanting to know.

If these are the 32 chip versions, then they for sure will not be overclockable, as they are already overclocked to reach the 1TH/s with 32 chips rather then reaching 1TH/s with 40 chips.
You're probably correct.  We only used these devices at stock speeds through the browser interface provided.

I've sent an email to everyone notifying them of our current status.  I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:15:50 PM

Do you have a linux command to count the chips or we have to do it manually?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:52 PM

Do you have a linux command to count the chips or we have to do it manually?
Counting them will be easy...  4 modules or 5?  Each module holds 8 chips.  At least, that's how it was done on the units we received and evaluated.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:56:15 PM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:30:57 PM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Well that really sucks. I was looking forward to try to overclock these to 1.2-1.3TH's. Guess that won't be happening anymore.

Its BS that they didn't inform you of that before. They should've informed you so that you could've informed us.
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Well that really sucks. I was looking forward to try to overclock these to 1.2-1.3TH's. Guess that won't be happening anymore.

Its BS that they didn't inform you of that before. They should've informed you so that you could've informed us.
I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.

The manufacturer pulled a pretty clear cut bait-and-switch.
varakunai

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:01:47 AM

+1..Sad
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:04:11 AM

I can confirm that the factory has changed the design to a 32-chip design.  I have sent an email to all buyers (at the email addresses they provided) explaining the situation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

I'm still in the process of yelling at them.  I am not amused.

The manufacturer pulled a pretty clear cut bait-and-switch.
vendor: www.lketc.com

I have to agree that they communicated poorly.  The price drop appears to be related to the chip count reduction...  which implies they knew about the reduced chip count back around March 5th.  The cynic in me thinks they intentionally forgot to mention it.  However, they never promised overclockability, only a specified hash rate at a specified power draw.  It's a loophole.

The real issue is, this was a group buy.  As mentioned in the Op, our money went straight to them in advance to reserve our units, so we don't have a lot of leverage.

We'll keep you updated if anything comes from the loud noises.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have anything in specific you want to discuss.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:09:06 AM

Ya, that's borderline fraud. They really should've updated you.

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:14:00 AM

Perhaps they updated your contact in China, and he in-turn forgot to update you?
Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

Nah, we have a few people in china, and they're on the ball.  This guy in particular went way above and beyond to make sure this group buy went smoothly.  We've been in touch with him multiple times a day since the beginning, and we've had a working relationship with him for years.  I gotta lay this at the feet of the vendor.

^

My other source reported the same changes, around the same exact time, so I have to assume it was the vendor.
Im still ok with it- as long as it meets spec Im happy. I will buyout any orders of those who witch to bail Smiley
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:37:06 AM

I got a unit before this batch with 5 modules.  How do I overclock it?

Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:45:41 AM

I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:16:31 AM

I'm not quite sure how to overclock these.  I would assume you need to SSH into the Rasp Pi and modify the cgminer config file, as mentioned by someone else in the thread.  Anyone else able to help here?

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"
Cheshyr (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:28:23 AM

Thanks bobsag3.  You're excellent.
krateczka

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:53:13 AM

Although I did not get even units already'm not happy :/ it's cheating if they are only 4 modules are to be refunded the money because the units are too expensive especially if you do not go their overclock: (
Cheeseater

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:40:58 AM

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"

I guess the secret to overclocking will arrive with these units. I'll post for 2 btc Cheesy

It is what it is, thanks for the updates and excellent way you've handled this group buy. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: