Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1909 times)
mr3dds

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:45:21 PM

I agree with you. It doesn't need a lot of money. That's a great thing about crypto-projects. Good idea and hard work with the right calculation and smart execution are enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:47:23 PM

I agree with you. It doesn't need a lot of money. That's a great thing about crypto-projects. Good idea and hard work with the right calculation and smart execution are enough.
That's the vision of Crypto to me.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:56:22 PM

That's the vision of Crypto to me.
And then it's very rare to see there was an ico that not tried raised the money to develop the product. Remember about the majority of icos are being major crypto have started their journey through raise the money from the investors. Byteball, and airdrop coin such as decred is the project that don't need money but they getting it through sell their coins through the exchange site.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:27:13 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.

A successful ICO will need huge amount of money to do the marketing promotion.  A good marketing can make the coin / token price rise far because it will create awareness to all peoples, and attracting them to contribute in the ICO. Even ICO without products can have a good token price if the strategy running very good.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:27:14 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.

A successful ICO will need huge amount of money to do the marketing promotion.  A good marketing can make the coin / token price rise far because it will create awareness to all peoples, and attracting them to contribute in the ICO. Even ICO without products can have a good token price if the strategy running very good.
Bounty programs=marketing promotions
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:43:26 AM

Incorrect, bounty programs are a small fraction of a full marketing effort, if you rely on a bounty programme to market your ICO, then your ICO will almost certainly fail. Show me a successful project from the last 4 months that relied solely on a bounty programme for marketing and succeeded.
carrascos

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:52:11 AM

my opinion that it is very difficult to select a really worthwhile project now, because hundreds of projects are coming to the market now and therefore investing large amounts in one project is probably very risky

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:45:15 PM

Incorrect, bounty programs are a small fraction of a full marketing effort, if you rely on a bounty programme to market your ICO, then your ICO will almost certainly fail. Show me a successful project from the last 4 months that relied solely on a bounty programme for marketing and succeeded.
Checkout Digitex Futures, Hydro, Bethereum, DFS. Show me where they spent thousands of dollars on marketing. These companies used bounties, direct referrals, and signup bonuses to draw in people and spread the word. I think so many people are stuck in the corporate IPO mindset, when crypto is completely different. If you have an idea that is actually needed on the blockchain and bring decentralization, it will market itself.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

I think that for a successful ICO you need money and a lot of money, on the other hand, it is strange for me when some unimportant project is trying to collect 20 - 30 million dollars.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:20:01 PM

I think that for a successful ICO you need money and a lot of money, on the other hand, it is strange for me when some unimportant project is trying to collect 20 - 30 million dollars.
DO you think a lot of money is required to make it to the ICO? I'm talking about the development of the landing page, smart contract, and marketing.
cryptokingKG

Activity: 254

Bitsler.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 06:28:40 PM

Only having money is not the only factor for an ICO. If the ICO has a good idea, vision and a dedicated team who seriously want to work for the project then they can figure it out despite the low budget. But yes Money does play a crucial role.

jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:32:12 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 03:52:01 PM by jackflag

Of course money is needed, but even more important is what this money will be spent on. Projects with clear goals and a plan for spending are always ahead of everyone else. So it's funny when my friends ask me for an opinion about the project without white paper or without a product. I prefer not to waste time on such projects. It is better to invest in those projects that have been on the market for a long time, this is a guaranteed profit in the future. I treat all new projects with a certain amount of skepticism.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:33:44 PM

Of course money is needed, but even more important is what this money will be spent on. Projects with clear goals and a plan for spending are always ahead of everyone else. So it's funny when my friends ask me for an opinion about the project without white paper or without a product.
Why would someone share the WP on here before they are ready for an ICO? I've heard stories of ideas being stolen.
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:34:21 PM

I heard that in order to launch ico,you need like 500 k$ , it is a requirement for marketing, salaries, promotion, MVP development, WP and so on

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:37:03 PM

I heard that in order to launch ico,you need like 500 k$ , it is a requirement for marketing, salaries, promotion, MVP development, WP and so on
Do you think it cost $500K. How much do you think is needed? Hypothetically speaking, one person could build the landing page, smart contract, pay bounties, pay popular advisors, and have a successful ICO for under $20K. I'm just saying...
otunyot

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

We have seen airdrop that went on to be successful despite it been distributed freely.  I think most time,  people get fixated on the dollar and forget about the amazing opportunity that exist in Cryptocurrency community and free technical support that can be gotten free of charge from such community!

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

Of course money is needed, but even more important is what this money will be spent on. Projects with clear goals and a plan for spending are always ahead of everyone else. So it's funny when my friends ask me for an opinion about the project without white paper or without a product.

I think whitepapers have become a cliche lately, they're not what they used to be.

Too few projects are producing a technical whitepaper likely because they haven't actually worked out how they're going to build their product.

I think any platform coin without a whitepaper is almost certainly a scam.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:53:13 PM

I think whitepapers have become a cliche lately, they're not what they used to be.

Too few projects are producing a technical whitepaper likely because they haven't actually worked out how they're going to build their product.

I think any platform coin without a whitepaper is almost certainly a scam.
I completely agree. Does a whitepaper really have to have technical specifics?
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:34:24 PM

I think there is a stipulated amount needed to start an ICO and if that is not available, i do not think a startup will be able to bring up anything good nor achieve anything meaningful. Most times, it is this fund that is used for the financing of the project, just for it to succeed.
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:36:45 PM

The money is not required to start, the money you will use when you want to promote your ICO, starting you can launch your token only if you know something about programming and you have a good idea, in fact, the fees to get tokens in EOS, ETH or Waves are quite affordable, so you will not have problems out there, the general cost comes from the marketing you need for your token to has value, that's why bounties are so popular
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: