Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?  (Read 3504 times)
idex100

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:41:25 PM

Holding is a good strategy to investing in bitcoin, it is hard to see the rationale behind it in a short term assessment or in a bear market, over the course of time, you will discover it is a smart thing to do
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:51:25 PM

Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?
Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

Everyone that think that HODL approach is necessary in bitcoin and even in other altcoins. We believe that long term run can give good profit as the price gets expensive. No matter how other manipulate the price, we have to let it go on. There is nothing to be afraid of even the price goes down, it will bounce again.

9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

You can only hold coin you believe it has a future, sometimes you get hit really hard for holding coin too long and sometimes you just blessed for being a great hodler.

As for the market manipulation, we can't stop it!
As far as crypto remains decentralized, the big whales will continue to manipulate the market, we can't stop them
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:06:31 PM

For me Yes...just hold bitcoin when price is cheaper because if you sell it of course you will surely lose your bitcoin and not gain earnings. But if you hold it even for a long term i am sure that you will earn profit. You just need a lot of patience to do this.
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:08:37 PM

it depends on you, but if you think in the long run, bitcoin will sure get its all time high. This price drop is a great opportunity for every one of us to buy and then sell if you get your profit target. We will see what will happen by december.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:09:01 PM

I have seen many people winning in the long run rather than short term as short term they are in only for some few points. But in the long run fortunes are made if they are held for sometime. Big players also manipulate the market but sometimes wise choices are always in our hands when to pull the trigger and when to exit. We all have our own strategy of trading and booking profits.
I think it depends on the situation and when theh are going to sell. Because I already saw a short term investment which profit more than in long term. It just matter on when you are going to sell your bitcoin in the market. And I believe that people cant manipulate the market since it was decentralized. But we cant do anything for it anyway, only we have to go sith flow and make your own strategy where you wont lose your money.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:21:50 PM

In the case of bitcoin that their is no stable value or it always fluctuating short term investing and trading is not applicable if you always monitoring the value it most approach was the long term investment because for you to know what is the big different of long term and short term and yes it is more approach to hodl your bitcoin.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:18:43 PM

Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

I wonder what the community think about it.
I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way

You should make a backup action, put some assets in the net, and some for trading, it's better. Not all in, then hold. It might be good for those who have long-term goals, but sometimes we also need assets at unexpected times.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:23:18 PM

Yeah holding long for long term got the positive and negative side, it's better to spend and buy, so Bitcoin got a good transactions volume, but if you don't really understand about the market then holding is better than sell in a wrong time, and aiming for long term is easier to make profit

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:34:53 PM

Hold may not always be a good thing for bitcoin. I prefer that people regularly make use of their bitcoin for payment transactions and all other things they do.. If people use their bitcoin, it becomes much more difficult to manipulate.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:45:53 PM

Only btc has the meaning of HODL!
Other cryptocurrencies have little investment value. BTC is the most valuable currency in cryptocurrency. You can see that BTC is half the market value of the cryptocurrency market, which means that most people invest in BTC!
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:04:50 AM

HODL when you can, why not. At the end, it is your welfare that you look after at, not anyone else's.

But come to think of it, hodling poses a serious problem too. Hodl for too long and you might end up in a bear trap. Unable to withdraw your investment since you will lose substantially more instead of gaining even just a bit.  As you said, you have been hodling for over a year now, how much did you invest for your bitcoin? I'm pretty sure you could have gained a lot already should you decided to sell during last year's ATH.

Now you will be forced to hodl on an extended period and wait for the bullish season (luckily it seems it's about to start soon). So for me, i'd be wise should i decide to hodl.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:10:50 AM

There are at times in this cryptocurrency business that you wished, you had sold earlier.
But never the less, holding for long is better....as you get to see reasonable  profit on your holdings.
jonathan6655321 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

I think buying at the dip and selling at the pump is the good option to choose. HODL can be good if you are an investor who has plenty of money to invest and you have plenty of income ways. but if you don't have enough money to invest and wait longer time periods HOLD can't be painful for you. that's what thas happened to me right now.l

but the community approach is HODL no matter what. It makes the small player beleive in kind of utopia, and when the market crash, they can't do anything

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/
jonathan6655321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:19:25 AM

Yeah holding long for long term got the positive and negative side, it's better to spend and buy, so Bitcoin got a good transactions volume, but if you don't really understand about the market then holding is better than sell in a wrong time, and aiming for long term is easier to make profit

I agree. This post is about the approach that the majority of crypto community has. 'HODL no matter what. '

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
jonathan6655321 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:21:05 AM

Hold may not always be a good thing for bitcoin. I prefer that people regularly make use of their bitcoin for payment transactions and all other things they do.. If people use their bitcoin, it becomes much more difficult to manipulate.
That's exactly my point. HODL is not that good. We need to increase the usage, making it more difficult for the big players to manipulate the market like this

Haalo

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

You probably won’t influence the market with holding your bitcoin. You have to decide what kind of strategy you prefer in general. Holding it longer might pay off in the long run!!
Phuc1411

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:27:46 AM

In my opinion, i find it very difficult to say what the market about but it will recover  in a day. If you have enough money to buy BTC to hold, this is the right time. Have a good day to you  Grin Grin Grin
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

Certainly if a coin of HODL is to be made, it must be Bitcoin. Bitcoin price will definitely rise...
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:42:15 AM

I wonder what the community think about it.
I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way

Holding is for investors and not for those who are really trading in short term. People tend to be impatient and when they see the prices goes down they will likely to sell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: